Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 08:32:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Budget talks  (Read 26108 times)

raggytash

• Forum Member
Re: Budget talks
« Reply #90 on May 04, 2018, 01:58:00 pm by raggytash »
Ive never met sm but I’ll take my hat off because of the grief which is possibly over the top, but the majority of fans are now clearly pointing the finger at the board, I think it’s in there best interests to either say yeah or neh... personally I think tb as had enough and that’s it’s it tbf, I might be miles away from the truth but I think it’s a sinking ship

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on May 04, 2018, 02:00:13 pm by raggytash »
So to the doubters...... Ferguson as took on players on hundreds a week compared with thousands.... good business model??? Mmmm

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on May 04, 2018, 02:03:52 pm by vaya »
So to the doubters...... Ferguson as took on players on hundreds a week compared with thousands.... good business model??? Mmmm

Has he? - Have you got a breakdown of wages per player we can look at?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on May 04, 2018, 02:08:24 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
   If they are putting the effort in quietly behind the scenes then I applaud that public or not.After all they are pretty safe in the knowledge that SM is the mouthpiece and point of contact for the fans and he also has direct access to the powers that be..
   It's a thankless task full stop,because SM cant always give you the answers you want and sometimes when he does you don't always agree with him..Over the years there are many things I have agreed with him on and one or two which I don't but that's life..But I would never criticise any of them whether they declare it publically or not who work behind the scenes,donating lots of time for free with the aim of making it better for us all....

Not sure how a supporters representative can be anonymous. If nobody knows who they are, how can they represent anyone?

Agree fully. I don't understand how we can have anonymous supporter representatives. Where have these people come from? I don't always agree with SM on here but at least I know who he is, know his role and can ask him something if I have an issue or grievance or query.

How was it they were decided upon as representing supporters, and how can supporter gauge how good a job they're doing supposedly being represented by them?

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on May 04, 2018, 02:17:42 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Ive never met sm but I’ll take my hat off because of the grief which is possibly over the top, but the majority of fans are now clearly pointing the finger at the board, I think it’s in there best interests to either say yeah or neh... personally I think tb as had enough and that’s it’s it tbf, I might be miles away from the truth but I think it’s a sinking ship

Majority of fans? You, Boomstick and your mates who only ever come on here to run the club down are hardly a majority.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on May 04, 2018, 02:19:01 pm by RedJ »
Always the same old people banging on about the f**king budget isn't it.
like the manager?

No. Like you.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on May 04, 2018, 02:19:53 pm by RedJ »

Has he? - Have you got a breakdown of wages per player we can look at?

Perhaps he should ask Steve, he seems to know what our budget is.

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on May 04, 2018, 02:24:20 pm by raggytash »
If you honestly believe may and Beestin are on top dollar you’re in bother lol....

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on May 04, 2018, 02:25:39 pm by vaya »
If you honestly believe may and Beestin are on top dollar you’re in bother lol....

So you don't know then. Thanks.

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on May 04, 2018, 02:34:20 pm by raggytash »
It’s obvious isn’t it?? Can you honestly sit there and say the board are good????? There useless and it’s fine to say that, there’s no actions to defer otherwise

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on May 04, 2018, 02:40:38 pm by vaya »
It’s obvious isn’t it?? Can you honestly sit there and say the board are good????? There useless and it’s fine to say that, there’s no actions to defer otherwise

I haven't said anything about the board. I think you're just making things up now. A bit embarrassing.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on May 04, 2018, 02:42:44 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Baudry, Copps, Butler, Andrew, Marquis, Williams and Rowe will all be in over a grand. Possibly McCullough, Kiwomya, Whiteman, Lawlor too.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #102 on May 04, 2018, 02:45:31 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

I haven't said anything about the board. I think you're just making things up now. A bit embarrassing.

His use of the English language appears to be made up. WTF is 'defer otherwise' supposed to mean?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 02:51:08 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

redbrez

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on May 04, 2018, 02:46:43 pm by redbrez »
Hope I'm wrong but told that a good win tweet has stated Ferguson will have a smaller squad next season, not looking good , sèms very worrying ,?
Doesn't even look like where investing the money with the players where realising ?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 02:51:02 pm by redbrez »

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #104 on May 04, 2018, 02:49:49 pm by Filo »

His use if the English language appears to be made up. WTF is 'defer otherwise' supposed to mean?

Of

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on May 04, 2018, 02:51:36 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

His use if the English language appears to be made up. WTF is 'defer otherwise' supposed to mean?

Of

Thanks, fat fingers. Corrected.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #106 on May 04, 2018, 02:56:27 pm by Filo »

Of

Thanks, fat fingers. Corrected.

No need to get personal 😀

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on May 04, 2018, 02:57:03 pm by raggytash »
I hope Fergie does go, it’ll mean the end for leaches like Baldwin....

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #108 on May 04, 2018, 03:12:38 pm by dickos1 »
What the f**k are you drivelling on about,
The majority of fans are pointing the finger at the board??
You’re deluded.
Twoddle off back to that Facebook nonsense

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on May 04, 2018, 03:16:32 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Stop chatting shit.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on May 04, 2018, 03:30:24 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

I don't quite get how Baldwin equates to soil drainage...

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #111 on May 04, 2018, 03:34:49 pm by RedJ »

So why are the board not good? they along with John Ryan bankrolled two promotions to the Championship and they've backed Dickov and Ferguson to get largely who they want. Sure Ferguson has probably kicked off cos he wants more money to spend, but doesn't every manager want a bigger budget in every company on earth?

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #112 on May 04, 2018, 03:38:23 pm by Bessie Red »
Baudry, Copps, Butler, Andrew, Marquis, Williams and Rowe will all be in over a grand. Possibly McCullough, Kiwomya, Whiteman, Lawlor too.

The first 7 you mentioned I would imagine would be on nearer 3k a week at least!!

Brian Young

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on May 04, 2018, 03:43:47 pm by Brian Young »
DF talks about a small squad again next season and as a result, wanting to put a better training/ medical services to help with this . IMO DF is expecting a similar budget when talking about Copps and his contract as it would be dependent on what the budget is .I would have thought Williams leaving should have given DF more available funds as he was on a high wage , yet he hesitates to commit and just said ‘ I don’t know’ which he possibly thinks his budget could be reduced or Williams wages being removed from the total altogether. But one thing looks certain and that there isn’t going to be any contract protractions like he had over Marquis . Players coming in imo only one or two .

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on May 04, 2018, 03:44:24 pm by DonnyOsmond »

The first 7 you mentioned I would imagine would be on nearer 3k a week at least!!

They probably are, not sure how anyone can suggest were not spending money on wages.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on May 04, 2018, 03:45:29 pm by DonnyOsmond »
DF talks about a small squad again next season and as a result, wanting to put a better training/ medical services to help with this . IMO DF is expecting a similar budget when talking about Copps and his contract as it would be dependent on what the budget is .I would have thought Williams leaving should have given DF more available funds as he was on a high wage , yet he hesitates to commit and just said ‘ I don’t know’ which he possibly thinks his budget could be reduced or Williams wages being removed from the total altogether. But one thing looks certain and that there isn’t going to be any contract protractions like he had over Marquis . Players coming in imo only one or two .

Or maybe because he didn't know.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #116 on May 04, 2018, 03:47:25 pm by RedJ »

They probably are, not sure how anyone can suggest were not spending money on wages.

Cos it doesn't fit this bizarre narrative that Bramall and co aren't putting a significant amount of money into the club just because we aren't spunking millions on transfer fees.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #117 on May 04, 2018, 03:52:23 pm by Filo »
Theres obviously been a deluge of spice into the area 😀

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #118 on May 04, 2018, 04:12:38 pm by raggytash »
Dickos??? You’re a dick!! Tell me how the board of drfc are taking us forward and not fixing attendances?????

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #119 on May 04, 2018, 04:16:41 pm by Campsall rover »
Some of the drivel being spouted on hear is quite embarrassing to be quite honest. Let the club get on with it and we will see in August the end result won’t we.  :headbang:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012