Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 09:17:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ukraine  (Read 230570 times)

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
Re: Ukraine
« Reply #750 on March 01, 2022, 09:02:24 am by Metalmicky »
Apparently Ukrainian airforce pilots are in Poland picking up 70 Mig-29’s donated by the EU, the Mig-29 was used by the Ukrainian Air Force, so the pilots could just get in them and fly. If true they should be in the air and routing that 40 mile column of Russian troops

It seems very obliging of the Russian army to line up a column of armaments and vehicles along a 40 mile stretch of road...

It also appears that one of Putin's allies has stated that he won't support Mad Vlad with military troops...

Belarus will not join invasion - Lukashenko

The leader of Belarus, Alexander Lukashenko, has told state media that his forces will not join Russian troops in the invasion of Ukraine.

Lukashenko, who is a close ally of Vladimir Putin, said that the "Belarusian army isn't taking part in military action, and never did".

"We can prove this to anyone. More than that, the Russian leadership never raised this issue with us - our involvement in the armed conflict. And we don't intend to take part in this special operation in Ukraine in the future. There is no need for this."

Fears had been raised on Monday that Lukashenko was preparing to send a military force to join in the attack on Kyiv.

A spokesperson for the US State Department, Ned Price, said on Monday that Russia had "make a mockery" of Belarus' sovereignty by launching its invasion of Ukraine from Belarusian territory.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #751 on March 01, 2022, 10:25:01 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Stages of denial.

1) It's not happening.
2) It's happening but it's not us.
3) It's happening and it is us, but it's morally justifiable.
4) It's not morally justifiable but you did the same thing first, so it's ok.
5) It's not ok and it's f**king me over mentally to defend this, but what do you want me to do?

https://mobile.twitter.com/Channel4News/status/1498385889692721152
« Last Edit: March 01, 2022, 10:28:20 am by BillyStubbsTears »

ChrisBx

• Forum Member

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #753 on March 01, 2022, 11:12:15 am by River Don »
I've only just discovered Kharkiv is a majority Russian speaking city.

...so the way Putin is protecting Russians in Ukraine is by bombing the f**k out of them.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #754 on March 01, 2022, 11:19:41 am by River Don »
It looks like the EU are preparing to stop importing Russian oil and gas.

This will bring pain to Russia but it will also be very difficult in Europe

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #755 on March 01, 2022, 12:26:25 pm by albie »
Pathetic position from Labour on the refugee issue;
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/ukraine-war-refugees-uk-eu-labour-b2025568.html

Lets look like we care while doing as little as we can get away with.
What a set of wazzocks our political elites are!

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #756 on March 01, 2022, 12:46:07 pm by River Don »
Brent crude hitting $107 a barrel now.

If this carries on we're going to see a severe downturn.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #757 on March 01, 2022, 12:57:01 pm by MachoMadness »
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/ukraine-war-refugees-uk-eu-labour-b2025568.html

Waiting for the red wall focus groups to tell them what to say first.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #758 on March 01, 2022, 01:43:27 pm by drfchound »

Albie, it will be interesting to see how many of those who have slated the government position on this, come back and say the same about the Labour position.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #759 on March 01, 2022, 01:58:12 pm by SydneyRover »

As the tories are following the Australian coalition's lead on refugees, who wrote the book on the subject they will understand very well that every opportunity to use this human tide of misery will be used as a political wedge to continue the culture wars to the max with the aid of the rw media of course.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #760 on March 01, 2022, 02:23:18 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

The Shadow Minister for Immigration was on the radio yesterday, saying explicitly that there are several different ways of managing the open door policy, spelling them out in detail and saying Labour would support any of those and it was the job of the Govt to determine which was fastest and most appropriate - Labour would back them.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #761 on March 01, 2022, 03:11:46 pm by tyke1962 »
Johnson getting a strip torn off him by a Ukrainian journalist .

Note Bunter's body language .

No fridges to hide here Bunter .... You got that .

https://youtu.be/QgFA5bXXOP0

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #762 on March 01, 2022, 03:44:11 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
But she's wrong and he's right. That's the grim reality.

NATO cannot and MUST NOT directly defend Ukraine. It is a horrific truth, but Ukraine is in this alone as far as direct military action is concerned.

Because the alternative is simply too dangerous for the whole of humanity.

My heart goes out to Ukraine, but there is no getting around that horrible fact.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #763 on March 01, 2022, 03:53:24 pm by drfchound »

We have to allow refugees from Ukraine into the UK.
The government have said they will allow 100,000 (I think) in if they have family here but should be prepared to go further than that.
Raab was on tv this morning saying that the uk and other European countries were aware that many of the refugees would want to stay fairly close to their homeland in the hope that their displacement will be temporary and that they would be able to be repatriated sooner rather than later.
Labour obviously are getting a free pass for not pressing for more refugees to come here.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #764 on March 01, 2022, 03:54:39 pm by tyke1962 »
But she's wrong and he's right. That's the grim reality.

NATO cannot and MUST NOT directly defend Ukraine. It is a horrific truth, but Ukraine is in this alone as far as direct military action is concerned.

Because the alternative is simply too dangerous for the whole of humanity.

My heart goes out to Ukraine, but there is no getting around that horrible fact.

I get that Billy but despite some impressive sanctions we need to do more .

I'm not comfortable saying this but then again I'm absolutely horrified what's happening right now and what further horrors await the Ukrainians .

The Russian people have to be hit massively so they rise up and bring Putin down .

We saw in 1989/90 how it's done .

I'm afraid and I hate saying this but people in Russia need to be on the verge of starvation to force them on the streets .

A million people in Red Square and not even Putin can stop them .

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #765 on March 01, 2022, 03:57:10 pm by tyke1962 »

The government have said they will allow 100,000 (I think) in if they have family here but should be prepared to go further than that.
Raab was on tv this morning saying that the uk and other European countries were aware that many of the refugees would want to stay fairly close to their homeland in the hope that their displacement will be temporary and that they would be able to be repatriated sooner rather than later.
Labour obviously are getting a free pass for not pressing for more refugees to come here.

With respect Hound I'm not getting involved in party politics right now .

No offence intended mate .

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #766 on March 01, 2022, 04:02:30 pm by drfchound »

No problem tyke.
I just feel that it needs to be said.
Three or four posters on here have already started the political stance by having a pop at the government so, just for balance of course, I am offering another opinion.
No doubt some of them will be on my case.

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #767 on March 01, 2022, 04:08:14 pm by turnbull for england »
See post 762

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #768 on March 01, 2022, 04:15:55 pm by tyke1962 »

No problem tyke.
Three or four posters on here have already started the political stance by having a pop at the government so, just for balance of course, I am offering another opinion.

All I'll say Hound is that both our major party's have had Governments covering Putin's tenure .

I'll leave it at that .

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #769 on March 01, 2022, 04:22:02 pm by wilts rover »

No problem tyke.

According to a number of callers with family in Ukraine on the radio - what Patel announced today was still just government spin. The numbers she announced are plucked from thin air and irrelevent as to enter this country they would still need paperwork and a visa. It is impossible to get that in Ukraine and not made clear how people who have fled for their lives can obtain one outside.

But you keep attacking Labour. For balance

Its

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #770 on March 01, 2022, 04:42:23 pm by River Don »
Brent crude just gone over $110

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #771 on March 01, 2022, 05:03:27 pm by River Don »
There's a report in the Guardian that says the large Russian column heading to Kyiv has stalled, not moving very far since yesterday.

There is speculation that Ukrainian forces are successfully targetting its supply lines.

Or that the Russians have stopped themselves for some reason.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #772 on March 01, 2022, 05:52:23 pm by selby »
  If they have no paperwork it should not be a problem, get to France and come over in a dingy they will go straight to the best hotels.
  Funny how we put obstacles in front of genuine refugees fleeing a war taking place every day on our TV's, and welcome dubious economic migrants with open arms, disgusting.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #773 on March 01, 2022, 06:02:21 pm by drfchound »

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #774 on March 01, 2022, 06:05:57 pm by albie »

The Shadow Minister for Immigration was on the radio yesterday, saying explicitly that there are several different ways of managing the open door policy, spelling them out in detail and saying Labour would support any of those and it was the job of the Govt to determine which was fastest and most appropriate - Labour would back them.

BST,

Labour is not calling for an open door policy, and it should.

On Newsnight Mark Urban asked directly;
https://twitter.com/i/status/1498444136327831552

Go to 1min 40....instead of saying yes, she reverts to talking about re-uniting families, and the Hong Kong scheme, this is complete drivel.

People are fleeing a war zone, with a few belongings in a bag.
Fart-arseing about with distinctions on who qualifies and who does not is just a recipe for delay and confusion.

The EU have understood it, our neighbours in Ireland also.
If you can't see that this is just leaning in the crap Patel is spouting, I don't know where you are coming from.

Summary here;
https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/politics/fury-as-labour-wont-back-eus-open-door-policy-for-ukrainian-refugees-314196/

It is very simple!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #775 on March 01, 2022, 06:11:41 pm by drfchound »

No problem tyke.

According to a number of callers with family in Ukraine on the radio - what Patel announced today was still just government spin. The numbers she announced are plucked from thin air and irrelevent as to enter this country they would still need paperwork and a visa. It is impossible to get that in Ukraine and not made clear how people who have fled for their lives can obtain one outside.

But you keep attacking Labour. For balance

Its

Wilts, with respect, “according to a number of callers” isn’t particularly good evidence.
Just so that you understand my position, I have said we should be allowing Ukrainians into the country.
My wife and I would be happy to allow a small family with nowhere to go to live in our house with us, short term until they could get a place of their own.
We also have a tenant due to move out of one of our properties soon and would be happy to house a family rent free for say six months if it helped them if our current tenant there does move on.
With regards to your final comment, there are certain posters who constantly and consistently attack the government, searching online press articles to post willy nilly.
I just get sick to death of seeing it.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #776 on March 01, 2022, 06:35:18 pm by Filo »
A very serious thread about a very serious situation, is going down the political lines yet again, can we just for once keep this on topic and discuss the tragic situation in Ukraine, and this is an appeal to all sides of the Political spectrum

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #777 on March 01, 2022, 06:37:22 pm by River Don »
I see Eurovision have banned Russia from the Song Contest...

No Eurovision in Russia? Why are we letting them off like this?

Sorry. Very serious thread, quite right.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #779 on March 01, 2022, 06:38:37 pm by tyke1962 »

No problem tyke.

Hound this interview offers up plenty of balance on why we are where we are today .

I'm not saying it's right or wrong because to be honest I don't really know without totally fact checking the dialogue .

About 20 minutes long .

https://youtu.be/XvmddazUW3I

TinyPortal © 2005-2012