Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 02:03:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ukraine  (Read 230332 times)

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Ukraine
« Reply #4860 on October 02, 2023, 01:40:49 am by Bristol Red Rover »
Big Fat USA.

Seems they're on a diet, so $6bn isn't on its way to Ukraine. Is this the final nail in Zelensky's coffin?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-66977467

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #4861 on October 03, 2023, 02:19:04 pm by normal rules »
Big Fat USA.

Seems they're on a diet, so $6bn isn't on its way to Ukraine. Is this the final nail in Zelensky's coffin?

It’s a temporary budget agreement to allow us govt to stay open.
I can’t see any scenario where Biden and co will step away from continuing support for Ukraine long term.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4862 on October 03, 2023, 08:19:55 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Big Fat USA.

I can’t see any scenario where Biden and co will step away from continuing support for Ukraine long term.

Perhaps, although the mood of support is less over there. And either way, that is $6bn that likely won't be made up.

Also this:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-66984944

Not really anything not known for a long time but has finally got to the point where the Beeb have to report it. For those that see the Beeb at least partly as a propaganda machine, then it can be said to being a drip feed before further steps are made or before Ukraine tries to make a realistic peace agreement/surrender.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4863 on October 05, 2023, 06:27:48 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Putin's War today.

https://x.com/KyleJGlen/status/1709893267343434108?s=20

https://twitter.com/JimmySecUK/status/1709946718039785732

Hands up who is for negotiating a peace with a Kitson like that?

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #4864 on October 05, 2023, 06:36:37 pm by danumdon »
Quite sure some apologist will be along soon to justify these actions.

Im not sure how anyone can make any sort of excuse for something like this but i do know that someone will!

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4865 on October 05, 2023, 07:18:45 pm by Sprotyrover »

Im not sure how anyone can make any sort of excuse for something like this but i do know that someone will!
What are you going to do about the humanitarian crisis caused by the invasion of Nagorno-Karabakh by Azerbaijan ? None of the Warmongers on here said owt, have they.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #4866 on October 05, 2023, 07:44:56 pm by danumdon »

What are you going to do about the humanitarian crisis caused by the invasion of Nagorno-Karabakh by Azerbaijan ? None of the Warmongers on here said owt, have they.

Well bu**er me! two for the price of one.

This thread is specifically about the war in the Ukraine.

If you want to discuss Nagorno-Karabakh, Azerbaijan or Timbuktu please start another thread, thanks.

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #4867 on October 05, 2023, 10:15:15 pm by Iberian Red »
Big Fat USA.

Perhaps, although the mood of support is less over there. And either way, that is $6bn that likely won't be made up.

Also this:

Not really anything not known for a long time but has finally got to the point where the Beeb have to report it. For those that see the Beeb at least partly as a propaganda machine, then it can be said to being a drip feed before further steps are made or before Ukraine tries to make a realistic peace agreement/surrender.
Luckily they have been sent 1.1 million bullets manufactured in Iran.
I've got visions of the Russians repeating more or less a line from Zulu.
Do a Michael Caine accent as you read BRR,
"H e came all the way here to be killed by a bullet from Birmingham/Iran".
Horrendous murder by the Russians today.
History won't be forgiving of this barbaric despot,murdering scum.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4868 on October 05, 2023, 11:00:02 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
"In a candid statement made at the Warsaw Security Forum, Dutch Defence Minister Kajsa Ollongren emphasised the strategic importance of arming Ukraine as a cost-effective means of deterring Russia from posing a threat to the NATO alliance. "

https://www.republicworld.com/world-news/russia-ukraine-crisis/ukraine-a-cheap-way-to-ensure-that-russia-is-not-a-threat-to-nato-says-dutch-minister-articleshow.html

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #4869 on October 05, 2023, 11:09:01 pm by River Don »
"In a candid statement made at the Warsaw Security Forum, Dutch Defence Minister Kajsa Ollongren emphasised the strategic importance of arming Ukraine as a cost-effective means of deterring Russia from posing a threat to the NATO alliance. "

https://www.republicworld.com/world-news/russia-ukraine-crisis/ukraine-a-cheap-way-to-ensure-that-russia-is-not-a-threat-to-nato-says-dutch-minister-articleshow.html

Any means of deterring Russia is worth it. Cost effective or not. The message to Russia is go home, then we can deal with you.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4870 on October 05, 2023, 11:12:33 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Big Fat USA.

Also this:

Luckily they have been sent 1.1 million bullets manufactured in Iran.
I've got visions of the Russians repeating more or less a line from Zulu.
Do a Michael Caine accent as you read BRR,
"H e came all the way here to be killed by a bullet from Birmingham/Iran".
Horrendous murder by the Russians today.
History won't be forgiving of this barbaric despot,murdering scum.
That's the US stealing a shipment sent to Yemen, now sending to Ukraine. The calibre is for older style AK47s. How many does Ukraine have of those? But there you go, a super power stealing weapons and passing them on like Del Boy.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4871 on October 05, 2023, 11:13:46 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

Any means of deterring Russia is worth it. Cost effective or not. The message to Russia is go home, then we can deal with you.

Whoosh!  :rolleyes:

Think on it.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #4872 on October 05, 2023, 11:18:37 pm by River Don »

Whoosh!  :rolleyes:

Think on it.

Putin is a tyrant who offers nothing. I would like to see him ground into dust.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4873 on October 05, 2023, 11:23:49 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

Putin is a tyrant who offers nothing. I would like to see him ground into dust.

Try "proxy war".

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #4874 on October 05, 2023, 11:24:53 pm by River Don »
Putin is holding the people of Russia hostage.

I have no bad feelings towards Russians.

Their leaders are scum and out of control. We can never succumb to these bas**rds.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4875 on October 06, 2023, 01:17:12 am by Bristol Red Rover »

Their leaders are scum and out of control. We can never succumb to these bas**rds.
Ukraine leaders? Us proxy war leaders?

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #4876 on October 06, 2023, 10:30:30 am by Colin C No.3 »

Ever been to Russia?

Ever been to the US?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4877 on October 06, 2023, 11:04:36 am by BillyStubbsTears »
And another one.

https://twitter.com/maria_avdv/status/1710177806615744606

Just because Putin's f**king barbarians do this so often doesn't mean you should ever get tired of being disgusted by them.

BessieBlue

• Forum Member
« Reply #4878 on October 06, 2023, 01:12:45 pm by BessieBlue »
Putin is liberating the Ukranians......

....of their earthly bonds.

Absolutely appalling.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4879 on October 06, 2023, 03:39:33 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

Ever been to Russia?

Ever been to the US?
Does it matter where I've been? Are you saying there's no corruption in Ukraine leaders or US leaders? Or abuse of their citizens? Or a genuine democracy where there aren't unelected people/organisations directing their policies?

Further, we know Russia's interest in Ukraine. Its questionable that the Ukraine gov has much macro control over anything. The US is the boss in that way. So what is the interest of the US in Ukraine?

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #4880 on October 06, 2023, 04:37:00 pm by danumdon »

Ever been to Russia?

Ever been to the US?
Does it matter where I've been? Are you saying there's no corruption in Ukraine leaders or US leaders? Or abuse of their citizens? Or a genuine democracy where there aren't unelected people/organisations directing their policies?

Further, we know Russia's interest in Ukraine. Its questionable that the Ukraine gov has much macro control over anything. The US is the boss in that way. So what is the interest of the US in Ukraine?

Could it be that the US and the UK are honouring the Budapest aggrement just a tadge better then the Russians who habitually ignore all agreements they sign up to ?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4881 on October 06, 2023, 07:17:51 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Can you give me a list of all agreements Russia has signed up to and ignored? Maybe also all those it has adhered to.

You could do the same with the US and UK.

You won't be doing that.

Re the Budapest Memorandum, with the US instigated coup, the Ukraine that Russia had made the agreement with had gone. Also the USA had broken the agreement by introducing and threatening sanctions against the Yanukovych government. Further, the USA doesn't consider the BM legally binding.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2023, 07:40:49 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #4882 on October 07, 2023, 10:41:43 am by Colin C No.3 »
Can you give me a list of all agreements Russia has signed up to and ignored? Maybe also all those it has adhered to.

You won't be doing that.

Re the Budapest Memorandum, with the US instigated coup, the Ukraine that Russia had made the agreement with had gone. Also the USA had broken the agreement by introducing and threatening sanctions against the Yanukovych government. Further, the USA doesn't consider the BM legally binding.

The only thing Putin sees ‘binding’ is taking Russia back to the USSR of the 60’s.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4883 on October 07, 2023, 05:19:08 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

You won't be doing that.

The only thing Putin sees ‘binding’ is taking Russia back to the USSR of the 60’s.
I think you'll find world politics has changed enourmously since then. Russia has more engagement with the world in trade than ever before. The dominance of the US is less, is very stretched right now and likely will need to step back to focus domestically. The power of China, and India, has increased massively. Russia itself has its corruption that eats away at it, but then so does every other country, possibly to a lesser degree? - bar the likes of the gangsters in Ukraine.

As for binding, what about the Minsk agreements?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4884 on October 18, 2023, 12:25:10 pm by ravenrover »
Well seeing as coverage has shifted to Israel thought I'd share this from the twitterverse

After a long phone call meeting Putin turns to Biden
I had a very nice dream last night I dreamt that Russia had become the most powerfull country on earth. Launches had been made and London New York Washington San Francisco were smoking ruins, all the US missile sites had been wiped out, nuclear fallout was wiping out thousands of the population with no retaliation.
That's funny replied Joe I had a strange dream last night that Moscow had become one celebratory party site. The bars were crowded people were singing and dancing in the streets champagne was flowing in the Kremlin. Speaches were being made people were so happy ........
But, but what were they saying, asks Vlad, were they celebrating my dream?
How the hell should I know, says Joe, I don't speak Ukranian

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4885 on October 19, 2023, 01:41:54 pm by ravenrover »
Two young Russian conscripts in Ukraine approached a platoon of Ukranian fighters with their hands in the air, their weapons holstered and surrendered.

"We come to surrender. Our truck is out of fuel and broken down. The rest of our troops are miles away and none of the gas trucks or repair technicians will be available for days. We are stranded."

The Ukrainian soldiers took them into captivity and had them call their parents while they went out to inspect the truck the Russians had abandoned.

They returned  and one of them told the Russians what they found.
“Your truck was out of fuel & broken down just like you said. We found leaks in your gas tank & a leaking fuel line. The timing belt was snapped, the oil was leaking from a puncture in the reservoir, the engine had stalled from said lack of oil & the radiator was cracked."

"Wait a second," interjected one of the Russian soldiers. "Did you say the radiator was cracked?"

“Yes,” replied the Ukrainian.

"Huh,” the Russian said. “I don't remember doing that."

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4886 on October 26, 2023, 05:37:56 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Something not reported in pro Ukraine media - Ukraine lost 24 aircraft in the last 6 days, mainly mig 29s. Russia using a new anti aircraft missile that can reach 400km, reportedly already upgraded to 600km.this, with the progressive destruction of Ukraine air defence seems to suggest that Russian air superiority is nearing the stage where they can have relative freedom over East and Central Ukraine. Meanwhile Ukraine's ability to use the Storm Shadow bombs will be severely restricted, likely to mean Crimea is not nearly so easy to strike.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4887 on October 26, 2023, 05:40:32 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Something not reported in pro Ukraine media - Ukraine lost 24 aircraft in the last 6 days, mainly mig 29s. Russia using a new anti aircraft missile that can reach 400km, reportedly already upgraded to 600km.this, with the progressive destruction of Ukraine air defence seems to suggest that Russian air superiority is nearing the stage where they can have relative freedom over East and Central Ukraine. Meanwhile Ukraine's ability to use the Storm Shadow bombs will be severely restricted, likely to mean Crimea is not nearly so easy to strike.
Let me guess what the source of that info is...

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4888 on October 26, 2023, 10:46:13 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Let me guess what the source of that info is...
Watch and see the results. Maybe change your US news sources to grasp a wider view.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4889 on October 27, 2023, 01:28:45 am by SydneyRover »
Read all about it, russia declines opportunity to brag about shooting down 24 Ukraine jets, putin spokes declares 'we won the non-war in 6 days on the seventh we rest'

TinyPortal © 2005-2012