Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:29:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: This season  (Read 14896 times)

mpc123

• VSC Member
Re: This season
« Reply #60 on July 18, 2018, 04:29:26 pm by mpc123 »
What do you expect them to say. We are going to get these 2 and they are much cheaper than William's and will enhance us. Do you really need to know that much all the time. If they enhance us and are cheaper bonus. More money to spend the rest of the year.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on July 18, 2018, 04:38:12 pm by dickos1 »
The ones that left may have been big earners but Anderson hasn’t come for minimum wage
No, but he won’t be on what Williams was on and there’s a lot more left than joined. So whatever way you look it it we’re currently spending less on wages than we were at the end of last season

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on July 18, 2018, 04:39:57 pm by dickos1 »
What do you expect them to say. We are going to get these 2 and they are much cheaper than William's and will enhance us. Do you really need to know that much all the time. If they enhance us and are cheaper bonus. More money to spend the rest of the year.

You’re changing the topic of the post.
If we’re paying less then there’s a decent chance that’s why Ferguson decided to leave.
We were told the budget was higher which led to confusion why he left.

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on July 18, 2018, 04:40:05 pm by wesisback »
Martin I’ve not suggested that the budget has been slashed at all.
I’ve re read my post and you can read it that way, what I meant was I understand that if they were slashing the budget they wouldn’t want us to know this, I didn’t mean they have.

My estimates? Williams, baudry, evina et al were on more than the players that have come in.

Trying to suggest otherwise is what worries me

OK.  But lets look at your 3 players, Evina was on peanuts, Baudry wasn't on a high wage either, he came to us with a question around his fitness and was paid accordingly. That only leaves Williams. And that doesn't take into account having to renegotiate contracts for some of our players that we want to keep for the future.

Nothing is cut and dried.
https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster-rovers/cedric-evina-offered-very-good-salary-by-doncaster-rovers-claims-crawley-boss-1-6728173

Before anyone harps the usual hollow words I'll say it for you "I think I'd rather be trusting the words of our owners than these numerous other sources"

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on July 18, 2018, 04:40:32 pm by selby »
I have been trying for 50 yrs to get to know how much and on what my wife spends money on.
  And I know it is nothing to do with me, and it is the same with the owners money, we don't have to know, or need to know what the club are up to until the end of the transfer window.
   Then and only then will we have the full picture of any team building moves the management have made, and the full make up of our team.
 And that includes any moves for our players, of which a couple could attract bids from other clubs.

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on July 18, 2018, 04:46:47 pm by mpc123 »

If we’re paying less then there’s a decent chance that’s why Ferguson decided to leave.

But if you get people you think are better but it just so happens they cost less.

What do you want to do pay them twice as much just to say I told you our budget was bigger. It's called good business.

Really the value we got from William's he was also worth far less, even though he cost us a small fortune apparently. I would be more worried if we was over paying for what the manager thought would enhance the team

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on July 18, 2018, 05:27:45 pm by dickos1 »
You can look at it like that, but we’ve been saying for a few years now we need more experience and we’re getting less by the looks of it.
Or you can look at it that we’re signing these kind of players cause we can’t afford the experienced ones.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on July 18, 2018, 05:28:27 pm by dickos1 »
I’ve re read my post and you can read it that way, what I meant was I understand that if they were slashing the budget they wouldn’t want us to know this, I didn’t mean they have.

My estimates? Williams, baudry, evina et al were on more than the players that have come in.

OK.  But lets look at your 3 players, Evina was on peanuts, Baudry wasn't on a high wage either, he came to us with a question around his fitness and was paid accordingly. That only leaves Williams. And that doesn't take into account having to renegotiate contracts for some of our players that we want to keep for the future.

https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster-rovers/cedric-evina-offered-very-good-salary-by-doncaster-rovers-claims-crawley-boss-1-6728173

Before anyone harps the usual hollow words I'll say it for you "I think I'd rather be trusting the words of our owners than these numerous other sources"

This is kind of what I mean, we’re just being fed what we want to hear

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on July 18, 2018, 05:34:13 pm by mpc123 »

This is kind of what I mean, we’re just being fed what we want to hear

Or possibly in negotiations the agent tried to get the offer upped from Crawley and exaggerated what we had offered. Or we just pay more than them and it was low compared to the rest of our players average.

It seems people want an eastenders saga

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on July 18, 2018, 05:37:57 pm by mpc123 »
You can look at it like that, but we’ve been saying for a few years now we need more experience and we’re getting less by the looks of it.
Or you can look at it that we’re signing these kind of players cause we can’t afford the experienced ones.

Maybe we cant but if the budget is top 6 and you cant afford a player it doesn't mean it hasn't been upped and it's still top 6. Some top prem teams cant afford some players.

Also don't forget we could offer a player a buster deal and they don't want to come

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on July 18, 2018, 06:00:17 pm by keith79 »
Maybe McCann is a better manager than Ferguson and can get better value for money.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on July 18, 2018, 06:13:25 pm by Not Now Kato »

Why are you so desperate to know why Fergie left?  It's becoming an obsession with you!

He's gone, and I for one don't give a Donald Duck why.  Life moves on, we have a new manager and a new season to look forward to.  The team will be what the new manager deems the team to be, neither more nor less than that; in spite of any moaning's by our fans. The budget doesn't have to be all spent to satisfy you, me or anyone else that it is higher than last year.  It is what it is and if the manger is happy to utilise it the way he thinks fit then that's fine and dandy with me, that's part of what he's paid for.

Of course, how we play and where we finish at the end of the season will be the sole arbiter of his and the teams ability; que sera sera....

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on July 18, 2018, 06:32:17 pm by dickos1 »
I know why Ferguson left, it was just portrayed differently.
You’ll be amongst the ones slagging off McCann when we’re 16th at xmas when in reality he’s doing a great job with what he’s been given.

How anyone can suggest getting rid of 3/4 good league one players with players who’ve never played at this level is moving forward is beyond me.

And it will be all the ones defending the budget that are wanting McCann sacked come November

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on July 18, 2018, 06:34:43 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
As with any new regime, and with the start of any new season, there's always uncertainty and anticipation. That's normal, but the same principles apply. The manager is employed to manage as he sees fit, not how he thinks the fans perceive how he should manage.

Transfer negotiations should not be in the public domain and what 'news' makes it into the public domain should be taken with a little pinch of salt, even if that includes tactical denials. It wouldn't take much to compromise potential deals if some busy body takes it upon themselves to go on social media and alerts the wrong people.

Every club, particularly of our standing, should play their financial cards very close to their chest.

As fans, we can only judge based on results and performances on the pitch. The general concensus is we underperformed under Fergie even taking into account the promotion. McCann clearly believes he can improve on that. I would have thought his desire to play 433 would be music to plenty of ears, releasing players like Blair and Rowe from their defensive duties etc.

Let's put all the nonsense about the budget to one side, and let's allow the manager to do what he's paid to do.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on July 18, 2018, 06:47:26 pm by dickos1 »
He’s not gonna come out and say, actually I don’t think I can improve on last season though is he

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on July 18, 2018, 06:48:23 pm by mpc123 »
Do you want him to?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on July 18, 2018, 06:51:30 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Given that Ferguson has never said anything in public about why he left, I'm sure we'd all be interested to know what you think you know.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on July 18, 2018, 06:53:01 pm by dickos1 »
Why would I?
He’s got a new job he is going to do his best but I know for a fact that if we’re in the bottom half of the table at xmas people on here will be after him.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on July 18, 2018, 06:54:20 pm by dickos1 »

Given that Ferguson has never said anything in public about why he left, I'm sure we'd all be interested to know what you think you know.

What I think I know 🙄
Ok Glyn.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on July 18, 2018, 07:05:35 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Why would I?
He’s got a new job he is going to do his best but I know for a fact that if we’re in the bottom half of the table at xmas people on here will be after him.

So can we just clarify what you're saying here as you're privy to information we're not.

Is it your belief we will be in the bottom 6 at Christmas?

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on July 18, 2018, 07:10:21 pm by mpc123 »
Why would I?

That's the same for any manager any club and any budget.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on July 18, 2018, 07:12:02 pm by scawsby steve »
Why would I?

So can we just clarify what you're saying here as you're privy to information we're not.

He didn't say bottom 6 Baz, he said bottom half; if we don't hit the ground running, that's quite a possible scenario.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on July 18, 2018, 07:18:10 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Why would I?

He didn't say bottom 6 Baz, he said bottom half; if we don't hit the ground running, that's quite a possible scenario.

Of course it's a possibility. I'm just trying to understand if he's predicting abject failure or whether he's hedging his bets?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on July 18, 2018, 07:26:08 pm by dickos1 »
If we start the season with the squad we have now then yes I’d be predicting bottom half at xmas.
Once the season starts I’ll be back to my rose tinted, blinkered best 😉
But looking at us at the minute it’s a big worry

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on July 18, 2018, 07:28:54 pm by Chris Black come back »
Can I just introduce to the debate the fact that our last manager had one of our very highest earners in Williams sat on his arse for most of season and Baudry even when fit was not a regular selection of our manager. Evina paid peanuts or not was given contract extension by the last guy and then almost immediately told he would never play for the club again. Likewise Etheridge who was signed and then dumped.

These are not inconsiderable parts of the wage bill that was effectively being pissed away by the last guy who through poor decision-making.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on July 18, 2018, 07:33:40 pm by dickos1 »
How by not playing a player who he didn’t rate who was probably our highest earner is he pissing away the budget.
Williams wasn’t good enough it wasn’t poor decision making.
Anyway that’s a seperate argument, the point is we’ve recouped a lot of this money now but we haven’t/aren’t spending it

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on July 18, 2018, 07:34:17 pm by DearneValleyRover »
If we start the season with the squad we have now then yes I’d be predicting bottom half at xmas.

That’s your opinion dickos but your like a dog with a bone, anyone who has a differing opinion you attack it and reiterate yours again and you do it in every thread you post in.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on July 18, 2018, 07:36:41 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

Well as long as the team can rely on your support then that's good. But don't worry, life's too short!

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on July 18, 2018, 07:41:39 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
I vote for a big brawl in car park 1 to put an end to the repetitive debates.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on July 18, 2018, 07:44:56 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

What I think I know 🙄
Ok Glyn.

Ah, so he told you in person and that it was a secret, eh?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012