Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:13:01 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Mandy is doing OK: further updates.  (Read 57363 times)

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
Re: Mandy is doing OK
« Reply #30 on August 29, 2018, 06:09:04 pm by Alickismyhero »
All of these comments from the Morecombe fans just confirm what we already knew. He needs to put in some consistent performances and show a consistent improvement in attitude.

Copps,
I think we all know that but the question is what is their manager doing now that we dropped off doing? or is it Mandy realisers that his chances are running out, I don't know but I hope for his sake he keeps up the improvement. I can't see him coming back and he seems to be in a team that is struggling but that's football and he seems to be enjoying the experience this time on loan.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on August 29, 2018, 08:24:38 pm by RedJ »
You'd imagine we'll be able to bring him back in January if he's doing well.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on August 29, 2018, 09:03:54 pm by drfchound »
We could of done with him last night, would have given us a different option upfront

The trouble is that he wasn’t consistent when he was here.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on August 29, 2018, 09:10:44 pm by German Rover »
We could of done with him last night, would have given us a different option upfront

The trouble is that he wasn’t consistent when he was here.

He needs a consistent run in the team and the goals will come. It's happened before with Paul heffernan, and could happen with Mandy.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on August 29, 2018, 09:17:19 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
It's a shame he couldn't of got a better loan than Morecambe they look set to struggle so service into Liam could be non existent which won't help him get back in the frame

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on August 29, 2018, 09:30:24 pm by Chris Black come back »
Have yet to see anything in Kiwomya - granted he had that very serious illness - but this looks like another questionable legacy from our former manager.

The lad is nesh in the highest degree, pulls out of 50/50 challenges all the time and appears to be lazy too.
None of these traits can be put down to his illness of last season.

He is very slight. Genuinely one of weakest looking players we have ever signed. Again, could be down to his serious illness but if not, he must wear kids’ kit. Literally nowt on him.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on August 29, 2018, 09:33:56 pm by drfchound »
Have yet to see anything in Kiwomya - granted he had that very serious illness - but this looks like another questionable legacy from our former manager.

The lad is nesh in the highest degree, pulls out of 50/50 challenges all the time and appears to be lazy too.

He is very slight. Genuinely one of weakest looking players we have ever signed. Again, could be down to his serious illness but if not, he must wear kids’ kit. Literally nowt on him.

I think he was summed up late in the game when, after he had tried to get to the byeline, the defender nudged him and he fell over as the ball went behind for a goalkick.
He looked lost, a boy in a mans game.

I am not trying to pick on him by the way, just giving my honest opinion of him as a player.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on August 29, 2018, 09:50:35 pm by Retdon1 »

I think he was summed up late in the game when, after he had tried to get to the byeline, the defender nudged him and he fell over as the ball went behind for a goalkick.
He looked lost, a boy in a mans game.

I am not trying to pick on him by the way, just giving my honest opinion of him as a player.

He’s awful... needs dropping to the under 23s intill he shows that he wants to be a professional footballer.... has shown zero effort, commitment or ability so far in his rovers career

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on August 29, 2018, 10:47:51 pm by Chris Black come back »
Must have knocked confidence of the lad, having serious illness for so long. He just doesn’t look like a footballer though and am not sure the illness has owt to do with that. Maybe once he gets a few pounds on he might start to stand up to people a bit more. At present he is too easy to dismiss.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on August 30, 2018, 03:28:25 pm by scawsby steve »
Kiwomya looked good against us for Crewe, but it was League 2; I've always maintained that the gulf in quality between League 1 and League 2 is more than some people realise.

jamesrover17

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on August 30, 2018, 03:35:37 pm by jamesrover17 »
Kiwomya looked good against us for Crewe, but it was League 2; I've always maintained that the gulf in quality between League 1 and League 2 is more than some people realise.

Agree with this massively, Houghton looked like Iniesta in League 2... Struggled in some games last season

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on September 01, 2018, 04:55:21 pm by Alickismyhero »
Mandy scores again! A shot from outside the box, but Morecambe still lose.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 05:01:31 pm by Alickismyhero »

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on September 01, 2018, 05:57:14 pm by Alickismyhero »
A comment from one of their supporters suggested he had a quiet game today but his goal was majestic.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on September 01, 2018, 11:16:11 pm by dickos1 »
Great goal that

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on September 03, 2018, 08:54:27 am by Alickismyhero »
More positive comments from Morecambe supporters on Mandy.

……………………………………………………………...

You can tell he is quality and you can tell the opposition know he is quality. As soon as he gets the ball they have 2 men covering him but not diving in , just jockeying him like you do against good players.
As you say his best position is just behind the strikers.

………………………………………………………………...

He seems very quiet as well. He walks away muttering to himself rather than bollocking team mates or demanding the ball. He is class, just wasted doing what he is doing.

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on September 03, 2018, 09:02:17 am by roverstillidie91 »
Do we have a recall clause as part of the loan in-case we got multiple striker injuries? and is he out of contract next year?

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on September 03, 2018, 09:11:19 am by Alickismyhero »
Do we have a recall clause as part of the loan in-case we got multiple striker injuries? and is he out of contract next year?

I think the club learnt from Curtis Main when he refused to return from his loan. I rate the kid and he has done well so far at Morecambe. I don't see him coming back, in fact, I would recommend that he doesn't come back and enjoy his time there playing regularly.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on September 03, 2018, 09:15:46 am by RedJ »
He's showing what we all know he's capable of when he can be arsed. Nobody's denying that there's something there, he just needs to show it if he's going to make it.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on September 03, 2018, 09:56:56 am by Alickismyhero »
He's showing what we all know he's capable of when he can be arsed. Nobody's denying that there's something there, he just needs to show it if he's going to make it.

I don't accept "He can't be arsed" I think he has been mismanaged. He has now played 5/6 games at Morecambe and I have not read any negative comments about his performances, in fact, they wax lyrical about his last goal on Saturday.

He is young, a little immature, intelligent(not always an advantage in football), he will have poor performances, its the managers job to get the best out of him, Fergie never, Gillingham never but Morecambe's manager seems to have done it so far.

I am in the Morecambe area on Saturday and I hope to make the game.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on September 03, 2018, 10:04:05 am by RedJ »
He can probably be arsed now because he has someone who is capable of managing him properly.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on September 03, 2018, 10:13:08 am by The Red Baron »
More positive comments from Morecambe supporters on Mandy.

……………………………………………………………...

You can tell he is quality and you can tell the opposition know he is quality. As soon as he gets the ball they have 2 men covering him but not diving in , just jockeying him like you do against good players.
As you say his best position is just behind the strikers.

………………………………………………………………...

He seems very quiet as well. He walks away muttering to himself rather than bollocking team mates or demanding the ball. He is class, just wasted doing what he is doing.

That last comment is telling and probably summed up why Ferguson didn't fancy him. He wanted him to react in the same way as Marquis does.

redwine

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on September 03, 2018, 02:22:25 pm by redwine »
.....which is why to be a good manager you need to be able to distinguish what players need to get the best from them. It's never a one style fits all approach.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on September 08, 2018, 07:48:15 pm by Alickismyhero »
I am on holiday in the Lake District so I popped down to Morecambe to watch Mandy. I did my usual market research before the game " What do you think of Mandy"? Without exception "A touch of class" back came the answers. The supporters seemed to have really taken to him. He was MOM in the first half for me with some fantastic passing around the box. I recall a long cross field pass which was superb. When Morecambe kept Mandy in the game they played very well as a team but when he was away from play MFC were very poor. MFC were playing against 10 men for most of the game and should have won but just could not score. Mandy is a fantastic play maker but poor at tackling there is no doubt in my mind they are playing Mandy out of position on the right wing but that's football, we all have an opinion.

Mandy passed us as he walked off the field and he looked very down, quite upset, doesn't like losing, thats a good sign.

Mandy is too good for the second division, if things don't improve MFC could be going out of the league but Mandy would be picked up by a 1st or 2nd division club.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on September 08, 2018, 07:58:36 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
I’d love to see him have another chance here in this team. So far this season we’ve actually played football with some movement and attacking intent which would help someone with his talents. Mandy would look good in our front 3 imo

Going to be hard for him to grab headlines in a really poor side so hope we’re watching and seeing what Alicks seeing!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on September 08, 2018, 08:12:35 pm by drfchound »
I never really bought into the Mandeville hype.
He did occasionally do something a bit special but never was consistent over a decent period of time.
Very poor off the ball as well.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on September 08, 2018, 08:14:32 pm by Campsall rover »
Always new he was quality. Just needs man managing something DF was not capable of it would seem.
I hope there ie a recall clause in his loan agreement as he would be a very valuable member of our squad later in the season.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on September 08, 2018, 08:22:06 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
I just feel like when he got a proper run in the team a while back he was quality the kind that we’d struggle to hold onto. He was then unlucky with injury and imo poorly managed by DF (shades of Jose and Man Utd) last year. I believe in giving younger players a few decent chances before binning them especially if they’ve got such talent. Maybe his next chance should be his last if he can’t reach the required level though

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on September 08, 2018, 08:44:26 pm by Donnywolf »
Always new he was quality. Just needs man managing something DF was not capable of it would seem.
I hope there ie a recall clause in his loan agreement as he would be a very valuable member of our squad later in the season.

Scouts watch their Teams Loan Players routinely. Mallik Wilks WILL be being watched by Leeds as will Herbie K by LFC etc etc

We will be watching all our Players too looking for suitable progress - attitude - committment - desire and other criteria asked for by the Manager and so Manders has the opportunity to impress on these occassions and "force" a way back into GMs reckoning

I hope he takes it as I would really love to see him taking it to the opposition for us rather than Morecambe

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on September 08, 2018, 09:15:53 pm by Alickismyhero »
Just two comments from the Shrimps forum on Mandy:

Worked his socks off again, shows passion when things go wrong but he must do half as much running again as some others, hope his enthusiasm continues.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

My Man of the Match today.

he did say in an interview this week he's happy playing out wide, so aslong as he's happy i say, also said we have some good players but just lack self belief.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

TinyPortal © 2005-2012