Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:30:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Mandy is doing OK: further updates.  (Read 57400 times)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Mandy is doing OK: further updates.
« Reply #300 on November 12, 2018, 07:39:21 am by drfchound »
Crickey Mandeville must be Messi in disguise.
Get him back ASAP, we can win the league with him in our team.

By the way, according to a report I read, he went off after trying to make a tackle, fouled their player and got injured himself.
Would you like to see Mandy in a rovers shirt doing well?

Yes I would, but he won’t because IMO he isnt good enough for L1.
His good spell for us was in L2 and he is currently in L2 where he is doing ok.
As I have said before, he only ever impressed me in one twenty minute spell when he came on a sub and actually did well.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #301 on November 12, 2018, 08:40:24 am by selby »
  Hound,who has impressed you playing in his position in the last 18 months? I will let you name players. And was that twenty minutes his last game against Rochdale in the cup?  or when he came on against Scunthorpe in the cup and scored? as he was not given many other chances, or Portsmouth when he scored and played as a lone striker?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #302 on November 12, 2018, 08:59:39 am by steve@dcfd »
  Hound,who has impressed you playing in his position in the last 18 months? I will let you name players. And was that twenty minutes his last game against Rochdale in the cup?  or when he came on against Scunthorpe in the cup and scored? as he was not given many other chances, or Portsmouth when he scored and played as a lone striker?

That comment about whose impressed in the last 18 months shows why we need have needed a better player/ striker and players we had and still have are not good enough for the second striker role.
GM must find a player who can fill that role and put pressure on Marquis with goals and overall play of course. The ones we have which are nearly men should not be offered contracts in the summer.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #303 on November 12, 2018, 09:16:10 am by drfchound »

What is Mandevilles position?

As for which game it was, as I don't keep a spreadsheet of all his matches and individual kicks of the ball, I am not sure.
Vaguely, I think it was one of the many games he didn't score in, and was probably a league game as I don't attend second team JPT games.
I also think it may have been a game we lost.
I do remember saying to my mate at the time that he had done well and that it was the first time his performance had stood out as a good one.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 07:14:05 pm by drfchound »

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #304 on November 12, 2018, 09:17:28 am by Alickismyhero »
Hound,
When did you actually last see Mandy play football? 6/12/18 months ago? Things change fast in football and if you read the comments from Morecambe supporters they don't seem to tie up with your comments in fact they totally disagree. He is 21 with a bright career in front of him and something to prove.

I was at Charlton and I will be at the Wimbledon game even though the team are not playing well and its a 320 mile round journey. From what I have seen and heard from the comments from Morecambe the kid has something to offer our team. But its because of comments like "HE IS JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH", (and Hound is one of the good guys), made about him he won't be coming back and I think we lost a gem for whatever reason he was sent out on loan, perhaps he has now seen the light

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #305 on November 12, 2018, 09:31:01 am by drfchound »
Hound,
When did you actually last see Mandy play football? 6/12/18 months ago? Things change fast in football and if you read the comments from Morecambe supporters they don't seem to tie up with your comments in fact they totally disagree. He is 21 with a bright career in front of him and something to prove.

I was at Charlton and I will be at the Wimbledon game even though the team are not playing well and its a 320 mile round journey. From what I have seen and heard from the comments from Morecambe the kid has something to offer our team. But its because of comments like "HE IS JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH", (and Hound is one of the good guys), made about him he won't be coming back and I think we lost a gem for whatever reason he was sent out on loan, perhaps he has now seen the light

I last saw him play whenever his last first team game was at the Keepmoat.

I really don't think that comments made by supporters on a fans forum would have any bearing on why Ferguson and McCann have deemed him to be not good enough, or suitable enough, for us.

As I keep saying, his best (short) spell for us was in L2 and he seems to be doing ok at Morecambe, in L2.
He didn't cut the mustard for us in L1.

Maybe he has seen the light, as you say.

Maybe he could come back to a club in L1 and show that he can hold his own in that division and we will only know if he gets the opportunity.
Will there be a club that gives him an opportunity.

I have nothing against the lad but I just didn't see enough quality or passion for the game from him when he played for us and so have formed an opinion based on what I have seen, not just from fans forums or video clips of a pass he may have made to set up a goal. ( I know you made a special trip to watch him for some reason).

I remember when we signed Kongolo on loan and the video clips that were on youtube  were really impressive but he only fleetingly did it for us.

If by chance he does get another opportunity to play for us he will get my backing when he is on the pitch and if he has improved as much as one or two people are hyping him up about then I stand to be corrected.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #306 on November 12, 2018, 09:57:30 am by Alickismyhero »
The reason I made a special journey to watch Mandy is that I totally disagree with your opinion of Mandy and I wanted to speak from a position of authority. I was looking for signs that he was a good player and that he had been treated unfairly at Donny and should have been nurtured for the future.
I saw a player who split defences with quick accurate passing this he did and was man of the match.

His weakness on the day was his tackling and tracking back. Why on earth the manager played him out wide on the wing and demanding he tracked back baffles me.

I have just had my ankle screwed back together again and at 68 I could still tackle better than Mandy. Obviously he is still a player that is developing and I am romancing a little.

Hound I take it the last time you saw him play was at least 18 months ago? that's a long time ago.

I am hoping that your opinion on Mandy comes back and bites you, let Selby be the unbiased judge!

Back to painting and decorating.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #307 on November 12, 2018, 05:29:33 pm by drfchound »
Alickismyhero.

We have differing opinions (which we both already know) and there is nothing wrong with that.

You did make me laugh however with the comment about the unbiased judge.

arkseyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #308 on November 12, 2018, 05:34:26 pm by arkseyrover »
This is ridiculously boring!!!!!!! Can't you just personal message each other about your irrelevant Mandy views and let normal forum life just carry on without all this childish argument and bickering about something that you have no control over. How sad.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #309 on November 12, 2018, 06:08:21 pm by selby »
  Having read about Alick's ankle, and knowing about your Knee Hound, It's the NHS. that we should be worried about mate.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #310 on November 12, 2018, 06:35:35 pm by keith79 »
I like the fact we are on 11 pages about Mandy.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #311 on November 12, 2018, 07:06:25 pm by drfchound »
  Having read about Alick's ankle, and knowing about your Knee Hound, It's the NHS. that we should be worried about mate.

Ha, cheers selby mate.
By the way, I have a hospital appointment with a surgeon for an assessment on the knee next Wednesday.
If I get a good result I am hoping to be back playing before too long.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #312 on November 12, 2018, 07:10:25 pm by Alickismyhero »
This is ridiculously boring!!!!!!! Can't you just personal message each other about your irrelevant Mandy views and let normal forum life just carry on without all this childish argument and bickering about something that you have no control over. How sad.
Arksey if you think this is bad you should have witness the "take over" attempt.

Its a forum anyone is welcome to agree or disagree but it is important that you say why.

My posting on Mandy is geared to keep people informed of how he is doing on loan. Some members are interested and some are not.

Those who are not should just bypass the topic.

Hound and me disagree about Mandy and to be fair he justifies his view, I happen to disagree, that's how the forum works.

The majority of my comments are taken directly from the Morecambe forum, supporters comments. I have yet to read one bad comment about Mandy now just think about the bad comments about our players on this forum.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 07:20:28 pm by Alickismyhero »

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #313 on November 12, 2018, 07:18:19 pm by Alickismyhero »

Ha, cheers selby mate.
By the way, I have a hospital appointment with a surgeon for an assessment on the knee next Wednesday.

Selby, if Hound gets back to playing could you do a topic on him suggesting whether or not he should be loaned out. I know that you would be unbiased.

Its my 5th break of my right ankle and at 68 I will not be making a come back.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #314 on November 12, 2018, 07:24:04 pm by drfchound »

Ha, cheers selby mate.

Selby, if Hound gets back to playing could you do a topic on him suggesting whether or not he should be loaned out. I know that you would be unbiased.

Its my 5th break of my right ankle and at 68 I will not be making a come back.

Why would he want to loan out his best player?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #315 on November 12, 2018, 07:47:14 pm by selby »
  Alick, I was there the last time he got injured, and it was a bad one, he will do well to get back, time is against him.
  I like the tactical bodyswerve though, claiming he does not know what positions Mandy can play, for a guy of his football experience and knowledge not to say who has impressed him, as I was interested to know who had, and if he considered them division one standard.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #316 on November 12, 2018, 10:20:39 pm by drfchound »
Now now selby.
I was asking what Mandevilles position is because I need to know who I would be comparing him to.
Morecambe play him on the wing.
You tell me he has played as a lone striker (didn’t Marquis play that day) and I hear that he is also a number ten type second striker.
If I know who I am comparing him to I can have a go at answering your question.

By the way, how come time is against me, I am only 66.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #317 on November 12, 2018, 10:40:46 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Would he be ant worse than Wilks on.the left? Better technically I would say, just lacks that pace.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #318 on November 19, 2018, 09:27:47 am by Alickismyhero »
Not much to report on Mandy this week:

Subbed after 66mins it reads as though his manager was determined not to lose this game and Mandy never fitted in with his plan. I was not able to find out if Mandy had a bad game but I was able to get Morecambe's highlights.

_Supporter comment_______________________________________

I wasn't there, but all reports seem to say it just wasn't quite happening for him - likely because we were more on the back foot.

I think it does need to be considered that players of Mandeville's ilk (ones there to create) are inevitably going to have some games when they drift. Attacking players like him are judged on their tangible output, and when things aren't falling their way etc they will often get the hook for another option. Generally seems to be how it is for that style of player.

---------------------------------------------------------

https://www.fgr.co.uk/news/november-2018/highlights-forest-green-rovers-0-morecambe-1

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #319 on November 19, 2018, 01:47:48 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
every time Morecambe score for some reason* I automatically look for his name (being sad) don't think he has scored in the league
i'm wondering which is going to happen first him score (no disrespect to him) or Chesterfield win a league match
 :chair:

* like what he did in that Exeter away match

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #320 on November 19, 2018, 09:05:16 pm by Alickismyhero »
Mandy has scored a league goal, a stunning goal against Bury,and a goal in a cup game. What you have to bear in mind is that Mandy is now played wide on the right wing with a defensive role. Mandy should be at least played in an attacking midfield roll but no the manager in his wisdom plays him with a defensive tracking back roll. So he is not going to score goals.

More comments from Morecambe............

I was there, and yes, we were absolutely under the cosh for most of the game. But for me Mande was playing his part within it,trying to make things happen where and when possible. He also had a couple of decent shots on goal. As I have said before, for me he is a player who has the potential to turn a game at any point. He also got a couple of compliments on the FGR forum. Disappointed for the lad.

-------------------------------------------------

If this were only so, it would be a massive coup for the club. That goal against Bury was stunning and definitely no fluke. Mandeville for years to come? YES!
paschahound

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #321 on November 19, 2018, 09:12:13 pm by Alickismyhero »
To all concerned.........................

I am not connected with Mandy in any way. He is a kid I think has to get his finger out and make a career out of football. I am not concerned with what went wrong with Donny, although I would like to know what went wrong, just get on with the game and prove the doubters wrong.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #322 on November 22, 2018, 05:01:05 pm by Alickismyhero »
No new comments this week. The highlights of the game are below. Try to ignore the oppositions goal as Mandy could be partly to blame. I think it prove that Mandy should not have a tracking back roll he just can't tackle. He is a play maker and is dangerous in and around the box, why put him wide I just don't know.

https://www.morecambefc.com/news/2018/november/highlights--halifax-town-v-morecambe/

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #323 on November 22, 2018, 07:40:51 pm by RedJ »
Try to ignore the oppositions goal as Mandy could be partly to blame.

:facepalm:

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #324 on November 23, 2018, 08:21:56 am by Alickismyhero »
A balanced view from a Morecambe supporter on a poor performance by Mandy.......................

As you will probably be aware, Morecambe were involved in a, to put it politely,” lack lustre “ effort against Halifax on Tue night. I am a big fan of Mande, but for me, he had his worst game in a Morecambe shirt, since the drubbing we took at Crewe in the opening match of the season. I feel that he holds a big responsibility for Halifax scoring their goal. A few fans on the forum have since started to post a few negative comments, which they are entitled to do. That said, I am confident that he is, and will continue to be appreciated at Morecambe.

Mande, stay with The Shrimps.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 08:31:20 am by Alickismyhero »

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #325 on November 23, 2018, 12:37:35 pm by dickos1 »
Will be interesting to see how he copes then now when everything isn’t as Rosy

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #326 on November 23, 2018, 01:58:34 pm by RedJ »
Wonder how many things we have to try and ignore then... :)

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #327 on November 23, 2018, 04:28:00 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
On what was in the highlights of that game and others, his crossing was excellent, he was prepared to run at defenders (partly why he did so well at Exeter when he came on as sub and scored), he moves around well finding space, but... something lacking in the engine or the mind behind the engine. He could have pressured that goalscorer, been agressive and decisive rather than leaving it to the defender.

Maybe that's just the one occasion or maybe it reflects his game overall. Definitely has potential but from what I've seen not quite sharp or punchy enough for League 1. Add a bit of aggression, a bit more ball control and he's just about there.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #328 on November 23, 2018, 04:56:20 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
I'd say his control isn't in need of much improvement actually its one thing he's got in abundance. Agree on the aggression/sharpness though

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #329 on November 23, 2018, 05:25:13 pm by Alickismyhero »
I have seen Mandy play this season and I have watched all the replays of his games and I am of the opinion the kid is a gem. For me his last game proves the point I have made many times Mandy cannot tackle for toffee

The natural position for Mandy is behind the front two in a 4-3-1-2 system of play. Morecambe are playing Mandy out of position, his strength is his clever, fast intricate passing in and around the box and the occasional great goal.

By putting Mandy out on the wing and demanding he tracks back is a waste of his talent. Just look at what happened to Donny when Fergy played players out of position, Copps at full back!!!! really.

You will notice I have put all the comments made about Mandy, good and bad, and on the whole the kid is doing well.

Mandy is now a marked man in Division 2 and teams know by taking him out they stop Morecame from playing well just a little like Kane in the Wimbledon game.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012