Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:13:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Mandy is doing OK: further updates.  (Read 56928 times)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: Mandy is doing OK: further updates.
« Reply #240 on October 15, 2018, 05:33:32 pm by Campsall rover »
AIMH, the only reason this topic is popular is that it gets resurrected every time Mandy does something good for Morecambe, or Alfie May does something bad for Rovers. Its popularity is not down to people largely in agreement with you, but people mainly disagreeing with you.

I say YOU because you have written about a quarter of the posts!

AIMH, the only reason this topic is popular is that it gets resurrected every time Mandy does something good for Morecambe, or Alfie May does something bad for Rovers. Its popularity is not down to people largely in agreement with you, but people mainly disagreeing with you.

I say YOU because you have written about a quarter of the posts!

BB, that's a slight exaggeration, he may just have a cold. But how else could I have done it with out make all my posts it was me doing the research and keeping other members of the forum informed.The reason that I have made lots of comments on this topic  is to let those that are interested know how he is doing. The comments I have posted  are those made by Morecambe supporters normally after their last game. I have not chosen just the good comments I have repeated all of the comments made about him. You may have noticed there have been no negative comments, in fact, I am the only one that has criticised Mandy. I think you could take it that their supporters really like what they are getting.

By all means if the topic is not for you just pass it by.

There's nothing wrong in you reporting on how well Mandy's doing right now mate, the trouble is there are some people who genuinely think that Mandy and McCullough should still be playing for us, despite the fact that we're playing so well.

If they're both playing that well, which they obviously are, then they must be happy at their respective clubs, and the clubs happy with them. The best solution for everyone all round would surely be for them to sign permanently for those clubs in the summer.
Well I for one would love to have Mandy and McCullough on the bench right now.
Please tell me, do you think they are not better players than Kiyowma, Taylor, Beestin & Ben khemis?
No contest for me.
They would be very useful acquisitions in January if we were able to get them back.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #241 on October 15, 2018, 06:00:52 pm by RoversAlias »
I'd have McCullough back like a shot and given a run in the team instead of Whiteman. But I doubt it will happen.

McCullough is nowhere near dynamic enough to do the job Whiteman does and he most certainly is not creative enough. Whiteman has been impressive for us this season, I can't believe someone is watching his performances and thinking "I'd rather have McCullough".

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #242 on October 15, 2018, 06:22:51 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
McCullough is a good player who may well progress. The key is that it seems he doesn't fit in with GM's style of play, though for sure would be a great option for choice use off the bench, and general 2nd/3rd level cover. Meanwhile that would cost, much better ways of using our cash and not great for the lad himself.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #243 on October 15, 2018, 06:44:48 pm by tommy toes »
I'd have McCullough back like a shot and given a run in the team instead of Whiteman. But I doubt it will happen.

McCullough is nowhere near dynamic enough to do the job Whiteman does and he most certainly is not creative enough. Whiteman has been impressive for us this season, I can't believe someone is watching his performances and thinking "I'd rather have McCullough".
Its all about opinions I know. However I'd say Whiteman has been better than last season but I'd still rather have a fully fit Luke in there. Don't try and say Whiteman is more creative. You've got short memories.  Before he got the bad injury McCullough was showing real class. Anyone who went  to Rochdale just prior will remember him running the game.
If he can stay injury free and has got back to match fitness, he should walk into this team.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #244 on October 15, 2018, 06:50:50 pm by Campsall rover »

Who said prefer. Not me.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #245 on October 15, 2018, 06:56:28 pm by RoversAlias »

Its all about opinions I know. However I'd say Whiteman has been better than last season but I'd still rather have a fully fit Luke in there. Don't try and say Whiteman is more creative. You've got short memories.  Before he got the bad injury McCullough was showing real class. Anyone who went  to Rochdale just prior will remember him running the game.
If he can stay injury free and has got back to match fitness, he should walk into this team.

Aye and I'm just giving mine in response. Hey, i rate McCullough but he is a conventional central defensive midfielder. He can't get about the pitch anywhere near as well as Whiteman. Whiteman is proving his value to our new attacking verve this season, he's been one of our most consistent players in my opinion.

I remember McCullough running the show at Grimsby in a 5-1 win after 9 months out, I know he's very capable but I think McCann rightly recognised he wasn't well suited to our new playing style.

Campsall...I was responding to tommy toes?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #246 on October 15, 2018, 09:14:18 pm by drfchound »
........and I don’t think that Mandeville would prosper in our current team right now either.
I never bought into the Mandeville hype, he only ever impressed me in one of the games he played for us and that was a twenty minute sub appearance when he did make a difference.
Otherwise I found him to be quite lazy.
For that reason alone I don’t think he could cut it for McCann.

Of the 10,0000 views, that is very obviously is based on the same people, myself included, having a look time and again at all football related topics on this forum.
Alick, you say that you didn’t think that that many people would be interested, well it isn’t 10,000 people is it.
I don’t look because I am particularly interested in what a Mandeville is doing at Morecambe.
To be truthful, I am not really bothered what he is doing.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 10:12:05 pm by drfchound »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #247 on October 15, 2018, 09:48:09 pm by Bentley Bullet »
AIMH, with a dozen or so posts from Selby pulling down current Rovers players (mainly one) in an attempt to score Mandy points, and their subsequent retaliatory responses, you should thank him for his contribution in making this a mammoth thread.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #248 on October 15, 2018, 10:10:12 pm by dickos1 »
  Steve, regardless of who McCullough plays for at present, with Houghton leaving he is our only real defensive mid fielder, and can cover centre half, where we are in danger of being short if the ones we have continue to collect bookings.
  I can't see any postings saying that either Mandeville or McCullough should be in the team that is playing regularly at the moment. Or that I am unhappy with the manager, or the results, or our standing in the league, all of which I am very happy with. Would they be better back up and strengthen our squad? that is a different argument all together, and is the opinion of individuals on this discussion forum which you may or may not agree with.
  You  seem to want to put your own interpretation on others postings, that in most cases go off at a tangent.
  I don't expect everyone to agree with me, but I am  entitled to my opinion, and to respond to others opinion about my postings without getting personal. Something that I find is not always the case in response to my postings by certain people.

Them going out on loan, was the right decision. Neither would have been playing for us and rightly so. We are 4th in the table.
If ben whiteman was playing in league 2 or wilks then I’m pretty sure they would be taking the piss.
The decision was best for everyone, giving our fringe players regular football and giving us the opportunity to bring better players in

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #249 on October 15, 2018, 10:54:24 pm by selby »
 There you go BB, mentioning me and making it personal again, your not bad at keeping it going yourself, with your jibes at me and on the off topic brexit thread.
  In fact the only time we never heard a peep out of you was when you could have had a £50 charity bet on the apple of your eye and a couple of others thrown in.
    Stick to watching the clock, you will have plenty of time on your hands, it's stopped.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #250 on October 15, 2018, 11:32:40 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Selby. You made a dozen or so posts on this thread pulling down current Rovers players, mainly one. Because it is essentially a Mandeville appreciation thread I find it frustrating that your approach to expressing how good Mandy is is mainly to suggest how shit other players are.  The only thing personal about it is that it is you who made the posts.

As for the Brexit thread, I could be wrong but I thought we were mainly in agreement on that subject?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #251 on October 15, 2018, 11:38:13 pm by Bentley Bullet »
...... And what is this £50 charity bet you talk of? And, who is the apple of my eye?
And WTF is this watching the clock all about?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #252 on October 16, 2018, 07:24:07 am by DonnyOsmond »
Can this thread stop being ruined please x

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #253 on October 16, 2018, 10:00:02 am by RoversAlias »
Just seen Mandeville is joint top of the assists chart in League Two with 4. Coppinger 2nd in League One with 6, nice to see Rovers representing at the top end of the charts in both divisions.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #254 on October 16, 2018, 10:33:08 am by Alickismyhero »
Let me, with respect to all concerned point out...………..

My objective with this topic was to let the people that were interested  know how Mandy was doing on loan at Morecambe, nothing more nothing less.

I think I am the only one who has been to watch Mandy play recently where as most people making comments on Mandy on this forum are at least 12 to 18 months out of date with his development. Things change fast in football and in my opinion Mandy is head and shoulders above his team mates at Morecambe. Could he play a roll for Donny? there is no doubt in my mind he could and would replace Copps in time, remember the clock is ticking for Copps.
As I have said many times "I don't want to see Mandy come back" I want to see him move on and prove his doubters wrong.

All I ask is that we all show due respect to each others comments and revert back to the  normal intellegent, humourous ones that are normally expressed on this forum, and if you believe that you will believe anything.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 10:40:12 am by Alickismyhero »

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #255 on October 18, 2018, 12:06:34 pm by Alickismyhero »
Just the one very good comment about Mandy from the manager in their last game against Carlisle

https://www.morecambefc.com/news/2018/october/reaction--carlisle-united-0-2-morecambe---jim-bentley/

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #256 on October 19, 2018, 02:02:12 pm by Alickismyhero »
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 02:04:36 pm by Alickismyhero »

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #257 on October 19, 2018, 02:29:04 pm by keith79 »
Cracking goal.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #258 on October 20, 2018, 07:35:25 pm by drfchound »
For anyone who may want to know, Mandeville didn’t score today as Morecambe lost 1-0.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #259 on October 20, 2018, 09:21:37 pm by Alickismyhero »
Hound,

Do I detect a level of sarcasm?

If you want to be fair with the kid its not the goals that he scores that are of great interest its his contribution to the team performance. I feel that Mandy would contribute more and score more goals if he wasn't played out wide on the wing.

You could say the same of Copps no goals today but was he effective for his team and my guess would be that he was.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #260 on October 20, 2018, 09:32:39 pm by drfchound »
Hound,

If you want to be fair with the kid its not the goals that he scores that are of great interest its his contribution to the team performance. I feel that Mandy would contribute more and score more goals if he wasn't played out wide on the wing.

You could say the same of Copps no goals today but was he effective for his team and my guess would be that he was.

I was just giving the forum an update on what happened with him today, for those who may be interested.
As for Coppinger, his contribution to the Rovers today included goals a result of two of his corners.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #261 on October 20, 2018, 09:42:55 pm by Pancho Regan »
I really wish you hadn’t hound, I was hoping this thread would drift down the list and off the front page..... oh look what I just did

;)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #262 on October 20, 2018, 09:43:52 pm by DonnyOsmond »
What's wrong with people having an interest in how one of our players is doing?

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #263 on October 20, 2018, 10:25:56 pm by Alickismyhero »
Hound,

I was just giving the forum an update on what happened with him today, for those who may be interested.
As for Coppinger, his contribution to the Rovers today included goals a result of two of his corners.
I really wish you hadn’t hound, I was hoping this thread would drift down the list and off the front page..... oh look what I just did

Donny,

Why on earth a small number of people take exception to this posting I just don't know...……

I will say it again...…….if you are not interested in how Mandy is doing at Morecambe don't read the comments, is it so hard to do?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 10:51:49 pm by Alickismyhero »

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #264 on October 21, 2018, 01:16:43 am by RoversAlias »
I checked their game at half time and it said they had had zero shots on goal. Not from Mandeville or anyone else, at home as well. Must've been fun for their fans.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #265 on October 21, 2018, 09:06:09 am by Jonathan »
I’m genuinely interested to hear how Mandeville is getting along so personally I have no issue at all with the concept of the thread. I’m pleased he seems to be doing well. But to even mention him in the same breath as Coppinger is an astonishing misjudgement.

Coppinger is arguably our greatest ever player and continues to defy logic with the level of his performances. Hopefully Mandeville has a decent career but he is not and never will be anywhere near the level of Coppinger. That’s not an insult to Mandeville, it’s just a fact and it would be setting the benchmark way too high to draw such a ludicrous comparison. 
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 09:08:13 am by Jonathan »

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #266 on October 21, 2018, 09:26:43 am by selby »
  Hound, watch the highlights of both the Carlisle and Colchester games, it looks like you are ignoring the great ball he put through and was missed against Colchester by the striker, and his passage of quick interplay against Carlisle.
   Very reminiscent of Coppingers play to me, it is there for you to watch on the EFL playbacks.
  Give the lad credit, he has gone there to a poorish team, played well and has stood out as a player, and has had the skill and ability to reinvent himself into a more rounded player that fits in with the way the manager with slim resources wants him to play.
  Other teams will take notice, and if he does not stay at Morecambe he will get fixed up with a league club, as will McCullough, not all we release will do that at the end of the season.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 09:44:53 am by selby »

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #267 on October 21, 2018, 01:28:25 pm by Alickismyhero »
I’m genuinely interested to hear how Mandeville is getting along so personally I have no issue at all with the concept of the thread. I’m pleased he seems to be doing well. But to even mention him in the same breath as Coppinger is an astonishing misjudgement.

Coppinger is arguably our greatest ever player and continues to defy logic with the level of his performances. Hopefully Mandeville has a decent career but he is not and never will be anywhere near the level of Coppinger. That’s not an insult to Mandeville, it’s just a fact and it would be setting the benchmark way too high to draw such a ludicrous comparison. 

I have never said that Mandy is as good as the master Copps right now Mandy is only 21 with bags of time to improve. I have watched him play this season and watched all his highlights and there is a similarity of Copps in his play. His manager is playing Mandy out of position but when he leaves the wing Mandy's set up play is superb. It has been said he is playing in a week team and I would think a bigger club will pick him up by the end of the season. Mandy has something to prove and with a little luck he will do it.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #268 on October 22, 2018, 07:08:34 pm by Alickismyhero »
More comments from Morecambe supporters after the Colchester game!

If you are not interested in this topic DONT READ IT, IT COULD DAMAGE YOUR HEALTH.

…………………………………………………………………………...

Is there a better player in league 2(in his position) ? I doubt it , awesome performance yesterday, he was kicked, body checked, elbowed, and still came up with a performance which would not have looked out of place in the championship, at the end he came off battered and bruised, instead of the usual handshake from the opposition, they gave him a man hug,as if to say you were a bloody handful today mate.

………………………….………………………………………

Colchester were pulling and shoving him all match with little protection from the referee.

He is too good for league 2 and I fear someone higher up will sign him next Summer.

On 88 minutes Jim told him to slow down!!

I saw Mandeville limping off the pitch at the end looking far from happy shaking his head , is this another injury to add to the growing list ?

He got cramp just as the final whistle blew , so hopefully not another for the list.

We used to get updates on injuries in the programme at one time but this seems to have gone.

I think Steve Old will struggle to displace either Lavelle or Yarney who both were excellent yesterday.

Contrary to most opinion, I thought Mandeville was a bit below his best yesterday. Still a very good, battling performance, but one or two stray balls, just something that he rarely does.
Absolutely quality player, always very assured on the ball.

I thought it was a season long loan ? He better had be or i want me money back

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #269 on October 22, 2018, 08:12:19 pm by selby »
  Alick the list of football supporters who don't know what they are talking about is getting longer every week.
   Just ask RJ and RA.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012