Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:15:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Mandy is doing OK: further updates.  (Read 57413 times)

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
Re: Mandy is doing OK: further updates.
« Reply #210 on October 13, 2018, 08:55:37 pm by NickDRFC »
Mandy gets another assist to his name and it looks like Morecambe are turning the corner to their season, in great part due to Mandy's contribution.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/morecambe/11525422/carlisle-0-2-morecambe

I had them nailed on for relegation but they are doing well. Think maybe we should let Mandy stay with them for the rest of the season but offer him another contract. I still think he's the heir to Copps, but I'm not sure you can play both in the same team.

Red,
I really would go along with that with exception of Mandy coming back, I just can't see it, stranger things do happen in football. As far as I am aware Mandy is there for the season so he will be a free agent then.

Actually you don't se Mandy's assist in that clip, he took the corner, in fact, he takes all the free kicks as well.

We should still offer him a contract, as long as it’s at least on the same terms that means we’d be due some compensation from wherever he ends up.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #211 on October 13, 2018, 08:58:25 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
It was a good corner for their goal. And Mandy did play neatly play the ball through to Leitch-Smith for their first. He's doing great, but would need to develop more to make the step up to a regular League 1 start - not too disimmilar to Alfie May.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #212 on October 14, 2018, 05:31:35 pm by selby »
  Carlisle v Morecambe report in the Football League paper   STAR MAN  Liam Mandeville.
  Mr Bentley is proving a shrewd talent spotter,and capable of getting a tune out of players others try and bury.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #213 on October 14, 2018, 05:40:46 pm by scawsby steve »
  Carlisle v Morecambe report in the Football League paper   STAR MAN  Liam Mandeville.
  Mr Bentley is proving a shrewd talent spotter,and capable of getting a tune out of players others try and bury.

First sentence equates to "well done Liam", and is thoroughly justified.

Second sentence - you just can't leave it alone can you Brian?.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #214 on October 14, 2018, 05:44:07 pm by Alickismyhero »

Well there's a surprise! Bently is still playing Mandy in the wrong position on the wing rotating him from right to left as the game develops. Although I rate Mandy very highly when it comes to tackling he is pathetic but if Bently released him from his defensive role and just be creative behind the front two he would get more out of him something like the role Copps plays.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #215 on October 14, 2018, 05:59:28 pm by Bentley Bullet »
"Mr Bentley is proving a shrewd talent spotter".

Thanks for the recognition guys!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 06:18:26 pm by Bentley Bullet »

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #216 on October 14, 2018, 06:20:12 pm by selby »
  BB,you have always had it, and you have the photographs to prove it.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #217 on October 14, 2018, 06:27:28 pm by selby »
 Steve,nope.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #218 on October 14, 2018, 06:34:38 pm by since-1969 »
Wilks or Kane will not feature in the short term plans of their clubs and its more likely that they will be pleased with their progress and will content to leave them in  Rovers hands . The form of Wilks has dampened a little and this may need addressing as Crawford and May are getting the attention of McCann and he just wants results . With only quarter of the season gone I doubt McCann is convinced what his best starting 11 are , particularly when you consider Tommy Rowe should be returning as well .

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #219 on October 15, 2018, 12:31:16 am by scawsby steve »
Steve,nope.

So you continue to indirectly slag off GM; after all, it was him who sent Mandeville to Morecambe.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 12:35:57 am by scawsby steve »

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #220 on October 15, 2018, 07:55:13 am by Alickismyhero »
Was the loan of Mandy a master stroke by GM? or was Mandy being off loaded for whatever reason we don't know about yet? Who knows? but what I do know is that from my research Mandy is proving to be a very good player, fully appreciated at Morecambe and  we may well now lose out on.
Just like Selby I think Mandy wasn't given long enough to prove himself by GM. The object of my doing this topic on Mandy was to keep everyone informed of his development and with over 10,000 views on this site proves there is a lot of interest in Mandy's performances.

So I pose the questions...…….Did GM get it right?
                                           Did GM get it wrong?

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #221 on October 15, 2018, 08:18:46 am by NickDRFC »
We are 4th in the table and scoring plenty. If we were struggling and couldn’t buy a goal, and Mandy was banging them in I’d say it was a mistake. But since neither is the case then so far I’d say we don’t miss him.

The fact he’s getting game time and evidently playing well shows that so far it has been a good move for him - much better than staying and sitting on our bench or moving to a club, like Colchester last year, where he’s in and out of the team.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #222 on October 15, 2018, 08:31:13 am by selby »
  Steve, don't jump to conclusions, I don't blame Grant McCann at all for the situation, in four days one doing media work, one 45 minute appearance, one a Sunday and a day off, the transfer agreed Monday and him training with the youth team with Garrett, I don't think he had anything or very little to do with it, Do you?
  Our previous manager, or someone higher up in the club made the decision, helped by a manager at Colchester who couldn't have had a brain cell, and repeatedly didn't play him while his side failed to win a game score goals, and f****d getting in the playoffs up when in a good position.
  Just three months later he is instrumental in pulling everyone's tip for relegation, and recognised as a poor side from the bottom two to a respectable position in league two.
  It strikes me that some people in football cannot see things that are put in front of their nose, and others jump to conclusions.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #223 on October 15, 2018, 09:05:21 am by RedJ »
We are 4th in the table and scoring plenty. If we were struggling and couldn’t buy a goal, and Mandy was banging them in I’d say it was a mistake. But since neither is the case then so far I’d say we don’t miss him.

The fact he’s getting game time and evidently playing well shows that so far it has been a good move for him - much better than staying and sitting on our bench or moving to a club, like Colchester last year, where he’s in and out of the team.
Plus Charlie Adam looked a relative world beater for Blackpool, all I'm saying...

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #224 on October 15, 2018, 09:32:58 am by Bentley Bullet »
I thought Grant McCann watched every Rovers game from last season as preparation for his interview for the job?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #225 on October 15, 2018, 10:19:48 am by Bentley Bullet »
AIMH, the only reason this topic is popular is that it gets resurrected every time Mandy does something good for Morecambe, or Alfie May does something bad for Rovers. Its popularity is not down to people largely in agreement with you, but people mainly disagreeing with you.

I say YOU because you have written about a quarter of the posts!

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #226 on October 15, 2018, 10:53:04 am by RoversAlias »
To be honest, whilst I look for Mandeville's contribution each week when scrolling the results, and certainly want him to do well, this thread is starting to feel like it must be updated every time Mandeville sneezes. I'm glad he's doing well at Morecambe but do we need to see what every single comment about him from their fans says?

Hes probably not going to play for us again and if so, that's how it goes in football. We are 4th in League One and scoring plenty of goals, we aren't missing him even if he could do a job for us.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #227 on October 15, 2018, 12:41:35 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I personally like seeing an update on our loan players, especially when they're doing well and showing potential.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #228 on October 15, 2018, 03:30:44 pm by selby »
  The Tranmere fans want to sign McCullough permanently in January he is playing so well, for an injury hit player he has played every game except the Cheka trade, Tranmere have conceded very few goals since his arrival there, and they are now in a playoff position.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #229 on October 15, 2018, 03:37:59 pm by selby »
  BB, he can't have, some of the non striking strikers we  still have here.  Is the clock still ticking?

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #230 on October 15, 2018, 03:40:10 pm by tommy toes »
I'd have McCullough back like a shot and given a run in the team instead of Whiteman. But I doubt it will happen.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #231 on October 15, 2018, 03:56:59 pm by selby »
  T T, I would have him back, but Whiteman has done OK, Luke would give us cover in a couple of positions where we are thin on the ground with any injuries, and would have been handy in the last two league games especially.
  Like Mandeville I don't expect him to play for us again though, and like Mandeville I expect us to give someone a really cheap bargain, something we have a record of falling for over the years.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 04:01:39 pm by selby »

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #232 on October 15, 2018, 04:24:43 pm by scawsby steve »
We're 4th in league 1 and banging in loads of goals, but wait a minute, it's not good enough, so let's bring back 2 players who are performing reasonably well with league 2 clubs.

God give me strength.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #233 on October 15, 2018, 04:35:14 pm by Alickismyhero »
AIMH, the only reason this topic is popular is that it gets resurrected every time Mandy does something good for Morecambe, or Alfie May does something bad for Rovers. Its popularity is not down to people largely in agreement with you, but people mainly disagreeing with you.

BB, that's a slight exaggeration, he may just have a cold. But how else could I have done it without making all my posts it was me doing the research and keeping other members of the forum informed.The reason that I have made lots of comments on this topic is to let those that are interested know how he is doing.

The stat which took me by surprise was not the amount of comments I have made but the amount of views on the topic. I did not think that many whould be interested in how he was doing.

The comments I have posted  are those made by Morecambe supporters normally after their last game. I have not chosen just the good comments I have repeated all of the comments made about him. You may have noticed there have been no negative comments, in fact, I am the only one that has criticised Mandy. I think you could take it that their supporters really like what they are getting.

By all means if the topic is not for you just pass it by.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 04:55:34 pm by Alickismyhero »

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #234 on October 15, 2018, 04:44:25 pm by Alickismyhero »
We're 4th in league 1 and banging in loads of goals, but wait a minute, it's not good enough, so let's bring back 2 players who are performing reasonably well with league 2 clubs.

God give me strength.

Steve, As I pointed out above and in previous comments, I don't see Mandy coming back, in fact, I would recommend that he doesn't come back, that was not the aim of the topic. Other people may have a different opinion that's how the forum works.
All I have tried to do is keep people, those that are interested in how Mandy is doing, informed of how he was doing. In no way have I advocated that Mandy should return.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #235 on October 15, 2018, 04:52:32 pm by selby »
  Steve, regardless of who McCullough plays for at present, with Houghton leaving he is our only real defensive mid fielder, and can cover centre half, where we are in danger of being short if the ones we have continue to collect bookings.
  I can't see any postings saying that either Mandeville or McCullough should be in the team that is playing regularly at the moment. Or that I am unhappy with the manager, or the results, or our standing in the league, all of which I am very happy with. Would they be better back up and strengthen our squad? that is a different argument all together, and is the opinion of individuals on this discussion forum which you may or may not agree with.
  You  seem to want to put your own interpretation on others postings, that in most cases go off at a tangent.
  I don't expect everyone to agree with me, but I am  entitled to my opinion, and to respond to others opinion about my postings without getting personal. Something that I find is not always the case in response to my postings by certain people.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #236 on October 15, 2018, 04:59:03 pm by sha66y »
I like the periodical updates 😁

And more importantly I would have liked to see how Mandy would prosper under GM in the current style we play...

So far, GM has rejuvenated players that were being vilified week in week out under the old regime, maybe he could do the same with a fitter more confident Mandy.... I guess we may never find out 😉

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #237 on October 15, 2018, 05:04:26 pm by scawsby steve »

BB, that's a slight exaggeration, he may just have a cold. But how else could I have done it with out make all my posts it was me doing the research and keeping other members of the forum informed.The reason that I have made lots of comments on this topic  is to let those that are interested know how he is doing. The comments I have posted  are those made by Morecambe supporters normally after their last game. I have not chosen just the good comments I have repeated all of the comments made about him. You may have noticed there have been no negative comments, in fact, I am the only one that has criticised Mandy. I think you could take it that their supporters really like what they are getting.

There's nothing wrong in you reporting on how well Mandy's doing right now mate, the trouble is there are some people who genuinely think that Mandy and McCullough should still be playing for us, despite the fact that we're playing so well.

If they're both playing that well, which they obviously are, then they must be happy at their respective clubs, and the clubs happy with them. The best solution for everyone all round would surely be for them to sign permanently for those clubs in the summer.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #238 on October 15, 2018, 05:10:39 pm by Alickismyhero »
I like the periodical updates 😁

And more importantly I would have liked to see how Mandy would prosper under GM in the current style we play...

So far, GM has rejuvenated players that were being vilified week in week out under the old regime, maybe he could do the same with a fitter more confident Mandy.... I guess we may never find out 😉

If you look back at one of the comments from one of the Morecombe supporters he said that Mandy looked very unfit but did improve within the first few games. I went to watch Mandy play against Swindon and although they lost Mandy showed a great deal of confidence on the ball and he still has the ability to look knackered from the first whistle.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #239 on October 15, 2018, 05:16:31 pm by Alickismyhero »

BB, that's a slight exaggeration, he may just have a cold. But how else could I have done it with out make all my posts it was me doing the research and keeping other members of the forum informed.The reason that I have made lots of comments on this topic  is to let those that are interested know how he is doing. The comments I have posted  are those made by Morecambe supporters normally after their last game. I have not chosen just the good comments I have repeated all of the comments made about him. You may have noticed there have been no negative comments, in fact, I am the only one that has criticised Mandy. I think you could take it that their supporters really like what they are getting.

There's nothing wrong in you reporting on how well Mandy's doing right now mate, the trouble is there are some people who genuinely think that Mandy and McCullough should still be playing for us, despite the fact that we're playing so well.

If they're both playing that well, which they obviously are, then they must be happy at their respective clubs, and the clubs happy with them. The best solution for everyone all round would surely be for them to sign permanently for those clubs in the summer.

I think that talking about McCullough does take it off topic as the comments should be aimed at Mandy.
I totally agree with you and I think Mandy will move on. I wouldn't be surprised if he plays at a higher level than Donny. I like what I have seen and the kid has something to prove.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012