Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:18:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Jihadi bride  (Read 13673 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Jihadi bride
« Reply #60 on February 16, 2019, 11:48:51 pm by SydneyRover »
Here is an opinion from the Guardian, many here will disagree, how many commenting here read the original article or just read the headline?

If we don't bring our citizens home for examination/trial/rehab/punishment aren't we just leaving the mess for others to clear up, it's not like we have a spotless record for fueling wars in other countries is it. If Bush/Blair/Howard had not invaded Iraq under the cover of lies for an illegal war there may not have been an Isis. Who knows?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/feb/14/the-guardian-view-on-shamima-begum-return-and-face-the-consequences

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on February 17, 2019, 01:22:46 am by bpoolrover »
You're studiously avoiding the point I'm trying to make.

What would your response be if YOUR daughter had been indoctrinated by members of an overseas sex cult to join them and willingly give herself to an older man as a 15 year old, where sex with minors was legal.

Would you say that she went of her own accord and she lives with the consequences? Would you want to look at the case through the lens of English values or the values of that other country?
what would you say if your son or daghter was fighting isis and this girl was part of the group that saw your son or daughter killed would you welcome her back then? Or would you say it’s ok she was forced into it?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on February 17, 2019, 09:05:40 am by drfchound »
BST.
I was asking questions, not trying to prove anything.

Hound. There's an internet out there. Go and do some research.

BST, you are very condescending at times.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on February 17, 2019, 09:33:52 am by glosterred »
A quote from the Iman of Peace - Iman Mohamad Tawhidi

Home is not where you want to be.

Home is where you belong.

You are already home

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on February 17, 2019, 10:01:03 am by Glyn_Wigley »
BST.

And expecting others to do what you should do for yourself so they can spoonfeed it to you isn't?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on February 17, 2019, 10:07:17 am by BillyStubbsTears »
BST.

It comes from a frustration of seeing stupid comments bandied about as facts. Go back and look through thread after thread after thread on here and you see the same names posting bullshit that doesn't stand up to the slightest scrutiny.

There's no excuse for it. If you start of with bullshit "facts", you inevitably come up with stupid conclusions and opinions. If there's one thing the internet does, it's to bring information within everyone's grasp.  Every one of us could do a bit of basic fact checking before forming opinions.

So, instead of making your posts at 9:40 and 10:01 last night, you COULD have gone and done some research.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 10:11:28 am by BillyStubbsTears »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on February 17, 2019, 12:47:27 pm by drfchound »
BST.

And expecting others to do what you should do for yourself so they can spoonfeed it to you isn't?

…. and you too are very condescending.
Worse than BST actually.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on February 17, 2019, 12:52:31 pm by drfchound »
BST.

It comes from a frustration of seeing stupid comments bandied about as facts. Go back and look through thread after thread after thread on here and you see the same names posting bullshit that doesn't stand up to the slightest scrutiny.

There's no excuse for it. If you start of with bullshit "facts", you inevitably come up with stupid conclusions and opinions. If there's one thing the internet does, it's to bring information within everyone's grasp.  Every one of us could do a bit of basic fact checking before forming opinions.

So, instead of making your posts at 9:40 and 10:01 last night, you COULD have gone and done some research.

Judging by the amount of stuff you post finding out facts and posting links, you obviously have plenty of available  time to do that.

I am afraid I don't have the desire or the time to do the same.

I guess I could have done some research but in all honesty I couldn't be arsed to do it.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on February 17, 2019, 01:11:29 pm by bobjimwilly »
It's fine if you can't be arsed to do research, just don't post opinions and expect them to be taken as facts, especially now you have admitted basically you don't ever check your opinions.

Just because people have opinions, it doesn't mean they should be believed, shouldn't be criticised or even should be listened to.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on February 17, 2019, 01:58:37 pm by drfchound »
It's fine if you can't be arsed to do research, just don't post opinions and expect them to be taken as facts, especially now you have admitted basically you don't ever check your opinions.

Just because people have opinions, it doesn't mean they should be believed, shouldn't be criticised or even should be listened to.

Have you even bothered to read the thread bjw?

I haven’t posted anything that I have declared to be facts, I actually asked questions.

Maybe if you had bothered to have a look you would have seen as much.

Oh, and where did I say I don’t EVER check my opinions, however you do that.

If a poster says “in my opinion” is he wrong when he puts his point of view across.
For example, “in my opinion Marosi is better than Lawlor”, how can you check that.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on February 17, 2019, 02:58:37 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
BST.

Judging by the amount of stuff you post finding out facts and posting links, you obviously have plenty of available  time to do that.

I guess I could have done some research but in all honesty I couldn't be arsed to do it.

You can't be arsed but you expect others to be arsed on your behalf?

How condescending!

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on February 17, 2019, 07:15:01 pm by Sprotyrover »
Quote from: Glyn_Wigley link=topic=269126.msg841095#msg841095 dahte=1550415517
BST.

How condescending!

There you go sticking your nose in again, this was a discussion between BST and DRFC hound, BST is quite capable of fighting his own corner, go crawl back into your hole.!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on February 17, 2019, 07:17:22 pm by drfchound »
BST.

How condescending!

Glyn, keep your nose out.
By the way, I never asked BST to do anything on my behalf either.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on February 18, 2019, 12:44:42 am by bpoolrover »
The problem is she still wants to be with her husband she shows no remorse has no problem with beheadings as she thinks it’s islamically allowed,if she is allowed back she is going to have to be monitored for many years to come

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on February 18, 2019, 01:14:22 am by Glyn_Wigley »
BST.

How condescending!

There you go sticking your nose in again, this was a discussion between BST and DRFC hound, BST is quite capable of fighting his own corner, go crawl back into your hole.!

I think it's quite funny that hound likes your post where you stick your nose in and fight his battle for him!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on February 18, 2019, 01:41:49 am by SydneyRover »
The problem is she still wants to be with her husband she shows no remorse has no problem with beheadings as she thinks it’s islamically allowed,if she is allowed back she is going to have to be monitored for many years to come
Look at the situation where a young impressionable mother could be rehabilitated and her child allowed to grow up in an open society, at least one less terrorist in the making.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on February 18, 2019, 06:42:59 am by bpoolrover »
That’s if it works Sydney if she comes back and she creates another terrorist in the U.K. which is prob just as likely. In her latest interview she says people should have sympathy for what she has been thru I don’t understand how she can say such things if she is serious

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on February 18, 2019, 07:39:15 am by SydneyRover »
That’s if it works Sydney if she comes back and she creates another terrorist in the U.K. which is prob just as likely. In her latest interview she says people should have sympathy for what she has been thru I don’t understand how she can say such things if she is serious
Rehab is more likely to work in the UK than where she is now don't you think bp.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on February 18, 2019, 09:06:01 am by drfchound »
BST.

How condescending!

I think it's quite funny that hound likes your post where you stick your nose in and fight his battle for him!

Pathetic.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on February 18, 2019, 10:44:50 am by bpoolrover »
Rehab is more likely to work in the UK than where she is now don't you think bp.
yes mate I think it is more likely to work here if rehab is what she wants, at the same time she is a lot less of a threat sat in Syria than in the U.K. if rehab does not work

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on February 18, 2019, 10:52:26 am by Bentley Bullet »
Would it be within her rights to say No No No?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on February 18, 2019, 10:56:00 am by SydneyRover »
yes mate I think it is more likely to work here if rehab is what she wants, at the same time she is a lot less of a threat sat in Syria than in the U.K. if rehab does not work
We have a responsibility to look after our citizens no matter what they have done, she was lured from the UK to Syria we should have had the systems in place to help stop her. She may even be able to help with first hand information on how to reduce people being radicalised. I'm not sure that the UK can prevent her entry as a citizen. What we don't want is an angry child groing up to hate us and then doing something about it.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on February 18, 2019, 02:10:45 pm by bpoolrover »
She says she knew exactly what she was doing when she left so who has said she was lured? Jihadi John if he was still alive should we have had him back? Where do you draw the line?

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on February 18, 2019, 03:15:44 pm by Axholme Lion »
She says she knew exactly what she was doing when she left so who has said she was lured? Jihadi John if he was still alive should we have had him back? Where do you draw the line?

A bullet in the back of the head is too good for scum like this lot. As soon as this story broke I knew there would be a list of do-gooders a mile long sticking up for her.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on February 18, 2019, 08:49:18 pm by Not Now Kato »
The government have announced that Shamima Begum is returning to the UK.

Cardiff FC are organizing the flight, the McCanns are offering to look after the baby, Diane Abbot has approved the funding, and Prince Philip is picking her up from the airport.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on February 18, 2019, 09:01:31 pm by ravenrover »
Just a few of questions
How confident are we that as a 15 year old she was groomed and radicalised outside of the family environment?
Should she be allowed back into the Uk, she would probably be kept in a detention centre but would the child remain with her or go to her parents?
What nationality is the child?
Imagine the scenario in 16 - 20 years time your Mother is a detained wife of a terrorist, your father is/was an ISIS fighter how do you feel about the UK?
Has anyone asked the question of the family, you live in UK but where do you class as being your home country?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on February 18, 2019, 09:57:51 pm by roversdude »
And you think she will only create one more terrorist - she ain’t gonna stop at one.
Axholme has some radical views but I’m on his side here
How about we allow her back in the country if she carry’s out the beheadings of Lee Rigby’s killers

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on February 18, 2019, 10:26:35 pm by Sprotyrover »
Just a few of questions
How confident are we that as a 15 year old she was groomed and radicalised outside of the family environment?
Should she be allowed back into the Uk, she would probably be kept in a detention centre but would the child remain with her or go to her parents?
Imagine the scenario in 16 - 20 years time your Mother is a detained wife of a terrorist, your father is/was an ISIS fighter how do you feel about the UK?
Has anyone asked the question of the family, you live in UK but where do you class as being your home country?

Sorry but at 15 years old she was not a child, but a person already indoctrinated into hatred of the ZuK and our libertine ways she made her own choice to seek out DAesh now she made her bed she needs to lay on it, it is not the fault of the UK that she has already lost 2 children , it is her own doing and it is not doubt Allah punishing her for sins against her religion.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on February 18, 2019, 11:39:20 pm by SydneyRover »
First up she should not be denied her rights as a citizen to return to the UK, secondly if she can get to any embassy the staff have a duty to assist her, why should the UK as proven war mongers and suppliers of arms to dictatorships abrogate our responsibilities to others, fourthly I like NNK's answer to the problem.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on February 19, 2019, 10:02:01 am by ravenrover »
Just a few of questions

Sorry but at 15 years old she was not a child, but a person already indoctrinated into hatred of the ZuK and our libertine ways she made her own choice to seek out DAesh now she made her bed she needs to lay on it, it is not the fault of the UK that she has already lost 2 children , it is her own doing and it is not doubt Allah punishing her for sins against her religion.
Why quote my post Sproty? I don't see an attempt to offer an answer to any of the points, and I didn't say she was a child, the question was whether or not the family were involved for part/all of the radicalisation of a 15 year old

TinyPortal © 2005-2012