Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:44:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson  (Read 125053 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson
« Reply #810 on December 07, 2019, 12:35:50 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Campsall.

Yes I do believe Labour would run the eco only better than the Tories and here's the reason why.

Under the Tories, we've just had the worst decade of growth since the 1880s. We are bumbling along at barely 1% growth per year when our long term average from the War to 2010 was 2.3%. To undershoot by that amount for that long has a catastrophic effect on our wealth and future prospects.

And there's a reason for this. It's because the Tories slashed public spending just when private industry was on its knees.

That is a textbook error. Economic students are taught about that concept in year 1 at University. But this lot did that. As a result, the private sector has never got back on its feet. Investment has collapsed. Productivity has collapsed which is REALLY scary for the future. More people are working but not it higher skill, higher value jobs. It's an epic disaster.

The Tories have never once shown any understanding of the role of Govt spending in getting the economy moving. Never. Even though it's a totally established economic principle in theory and practice.

John McDonnell, for all his far-left leanings, understands this. He gets that, if we don't get the economy out if this lost decade (and f**k Johnson's bluster about getting Brexit done - the Treasury's own post-Brexit forecast has us limping along at 1% growth for the next 6-7 years) then we are going to slide further and further away from the future of prosperity that we should have.

And it's not just me saying that. 180 senior economists signed a letter to the Financial Times saying not only that Labour's policies were better than the Tories'. But they were ESSENTIAL to the future of the country

So why are you so certain that Labour would be a disaster?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #811 on December 07, 2019, 12:35:56 pm by Copps is Magic »
Campsall, rather than all that conjecture.

Why don't you take the word of people who would no better than me or you?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ft.com/content/d29b4cbe-0fa4-11ea-a225-db2f231cfeae

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #812 on December 07, 2019, 12:38:04 pm by tommy toes »
Get Brexit done my arse.
They will enter years of negotiation that even now could end up with us leaving with no deal.
The EU will fall over themselves to agree to Labours plan for Brexit if that's what the country votes for as it includes us staying in the CU and SM.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #813 on December 07, 2019, 12:55:58 pm by SydneyRover »
If you don't want an end to Austerity, london centric politics and spending, homelessness, working poor, zero hours contracts, a fairer distribution of wealth you may be right bigH labour has poor leaders.

Sydney, those are noble aims, which, funnily enough, I support.

But noble aims are worthless if you don't have the wherewithal to deliver them; in this case overwhelming support of the electorate and the charisma and leadership qualities to pull it off. It's a shame that it looks like it'll take a second General Election failure for Corbyn and his clique to get the message.

Why Corbyn didn't get ruthless and berate Johnson last night for his incompetence, his untrustworthiness, his lies and his cowardice I'll never quite know...

yeah I know, I'm a fundamentalist and hate seeing the country run by the business mafia's puppets, It staggers me to listen to these two bob watches that back a government that's run the place down for ideology when there's plenty to go around and more. But as said they'll own it.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #814 on December 07, 2019, 01:10:35 pm by Campsall rover »
BST and the Blair, Brown governments helped the economy didn’t they. NOT.
They were moderate labour politicians. Centre left. but they still messed up.
Yes the Banks were mainly responsible for the crash but it happened under Labours watch didn’t it. What did they do about stopping it happening in the first place. Nothing.

And you want a hard left wing government who will imo destroy our economy.
Short term gain maybe with all the spending but it will end in long term massive pain for the whole of this country and it’s citizens.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #815 on December 07, 2019, 01:14:11 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Campsall.

For goodness sake, the bank's collapsed all over the world. It started on Wall At with Lehman's. No one seriously saw that crash coming.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #816 on December 07, 2019, 01:25:42 pm by Filo »
Yes the Banks were mainly responsible for the crash but it happened under Labours watch didn’t it. What did they do about stopping it happening in the first place. Nothing.

Short term gain maybe with all the spending but it will end in long term massive pain for the whole of this country and it’s citizens.

As much as you’d like to be correct you’re wrong, Labour cannot be held responsible for the GLOBAL crash, they limited damage to the UK, and then were accused of leaving us broke by the likes of you

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #817 on December 07, 2019, 02:25:23 pm by wilts rover »

Labour plans are not even as radical as Atlee in 1945. Did that destroy the economy and they had war damage to cope with?

No it led to a National Health Service, decent old age pensions, affordable utilities for the country, massive house building programme and the following Tory government continuing their policies saying the country had never had it so good!

What will hurt the economy is NOT carrying out Labour's policies. It was the Tory manifesto the IFS said wasn't credible. Then there is the hit the economic hit from Brexit, a flashpoint in Northern Ireland and the environmental damage shown by the FOE report today and prepare to be exploited.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #818 on December 07, 2019, 06:07:16 pm by Sprotyrover »

Labour plans are not even as radical as Atlee in 1945. Did that destroy the economy and they had war damage to cope with?

No it led to a National Health Service, decent old age pensions, affordable utilities for the country, massive house building programme and the following Tory government continuing their policies saying the country had never had it so good!

What will hurt the economy is NOT carrying out Labour's policies. It was the Tory manifesto the IFS said wasn't credible. Then there is the hit the economic hit from Brexit, a flashpoint in Northern Ireland and the environmental damage shown by the FOE report today and prepare to be exploited.
Attlee used the UK's Marshal plan money which was far greater than that given to Germany. He didn't have to Pawn the country to achieve his goals.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #819 on December 07, 2019, 06:24:11 pm by wilts rover »
Really? And that was the only money that Atlee had after WW2 was it Sproty?

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #820 on December 07, 2019, 06:30:46 pm by albie »
Let's see if Spaffman steps up to deal with these bigots standing as candidates;
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/tories-face-calls-suspend-three-21045950
This is as well as the Islamophobia.

The Hastings woman sounds a proper barmpot.
You would think that they would have been weeded out before selection, if they were serious.

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #821 on December 08, 2019, 07:17:36 pm by foxbat »
'Spafman' - I like that   .
Hard to believe that people in Doncaster are even thinking about voting for it.
After what Thatcher did to Donny as well. !!!

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #822 on December 08, 2019, 08:05:48 pm by Sprotyrover »
I used to blame Thatcher...until Donnygate!

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #823 on December 08, 2019, 08:09:53 pm by Sprotyrover »
I used to blame Thatcher...until Donnygate!
There's an example of good old Labour in action:
The worst local government corruption case since the Poulson scandal of the 1970s ended yesterday with hefty jail terms for a senior Labour councillor and the property developer who bribed him.

The four-year sentence for Peter Birks, former chairman of planning in Doncaster finished the virtual elimination of the old, miner-dominated Labour party in the South Yorkshire town, which has already seen two former council leaders and two former mayors among 21 councillors convicted of fraud.

Most were found guilty of fiddling expenses, often for small sums but damned by a series of judges as part of a wholesale culture of corruption which engulfed the mid-90s administration. But yesterday's verdicts unravelled the much more far-reaching, "rotten network" created by Doncaster developer Alan Hughes, 63, who was given five years.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #824 on December 08, 2019, 08:13:45 pm by Ldr »
Foxbat is ok with labour politicians screwing him over, just as long as they are not Tories it seems

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #825 on December 08, 2019, 09:29:23 pm by wilts rover »
Well its not like a Tory run council has been so badly run that is has gone bankrupt is it?

https://www.economist.com/britain/2018/03/22/northamptonshire-council-has-gone-bust-who-is-to-blame

Or to have been found to have committed fraud on a massive scale

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homes_for_votes_scandal

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #826 on December 08, 2019, 10:02:40 pm by Ldr »
Nice deflect Wilts

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #827 on December 09, 2019, 04:23:06 am by SydneyRover »
We'll get brexit done, I'll get brexit done, I'll die in a trench/ditch but I'll get brexit done.

''customs arrangements may thwart Boris Johnson’s plan to leave the EU by December 2020, according to a document said to be leaked from civil servants in the Department for Exiting the EU.

In the document, seen by the Financial Times, staff raised concerns about the readiness of the new customs arrangement, calling the protocol to keep part of the EU customs code in Northern Ireland, a “major” obstacle to Brexit delivery.

The FT reported that the document was sent to senior Whitehall officials last week and said that implementing the Northern Ireland protocol before next December was a “strategic, political and operational challenge”.''

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/dec/09/northern-irish-customs-arrangements-could-thwart-brexit-plans

oops  :)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #828 on December 09, 2019, 09:33:56 am by SydneyRover »
Is there anyone left, any group of human beings that Johnson hasn’t abused or insulted?

New controversial comments uncovered in historical Boris Johnson articles

Prime minister wrote for Spectator in defence of opponents of gay people joining military and claimed police were ‘cowed’ by Macpherson report

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/dec/09/new-controversial-comments-uncovered-in-historical-boris-johnson-articles

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #829 on December 09, 2019, 09:45:39 am by GazLaz »
Couldn't agree more Big H.

I thought Corbyn was calm and on top of the detail. In normal times, that would be enough to win hands down. But these aren't normal times.

I said to my wife while we were watching last night, this is Corbyn's chance slipping away. As you say, he needed to land some big punches on Johnson's lying and general untrustworthiness and I don't think he did that. If he had, experience suggests that Johnson either flounders or gets angry and bullies. That was the side of Johnson that Corbyn needed to expose last night and he didn't do it.

If I'd have been in Corbyn's shoes, I'd have said at the start that every time Johnson lied, I was going to put my hand up and unfurl another finger to keep the running score. Simple, effective, memorable and it would have infuriated Johnson.
I PMSL at Boris "leaders who lied should be made to crawl on hand and knee through the chamber flaggilating themselves with their......bundle of made up Documents about the supposed sell off of the NHS!"
Abosloutly brilliant ! Corbyn pulled that face on Billy avatar caricature absolutely destroyed Corbyn😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I saw that part of the debate and thought it was a pathetic answer. Incoherent drivel while smirking. JC gave a rational coherent answer.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #830 on December 09, 2019, 12:57:11 pm by Donnywolf »
Most of what comes out of his "overfed" chops is incoherent drivel and pathetic to boot

Most of it is seemingly made up on the spot (or often looks like it is imo) and I have to say I have never seen such an inept unconvincing person who has had just 121 (or is it 122 or even 123 days as PM) and has a very good chance of landing the PMs job again in 3 days

Unbelievable Jeff is the most printable thing I can say in respect of my own post and its implications

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #831 on December 09, 2019, 03:34:35 pm by Ldr »
If there was a credible to the floating voters alternative then he wouldn't stand a chance

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #833 on December 09, 2019, 04:23:22 pm by Ldr »
Yeah and if you dont think that's staged then I dispair

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #834 on December 09, 2019, 04:26:32 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
What do yo mean "staged"?

He's been asked a question by a reporter. The reporter has asked him to look at a photo of a child with suspected pneumonia, laid on the floor of A&E because there weren't any beds. Johnson has initially refused to look at the photo and, for some bizarre reason, pocketed the reporter's phone.

Which bit of that do you think is "staged"?

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #835 on December 09, 2019, 04:39:31 pm by Not Now Kato »
What do yo mean "staged"?

He's been asked a question by a reporter. The reporter has asked him to look at a photo of a child with suspected pneumonia, laid on the floor of A&E because there weren't any beds. Johnson has initially refused to look at the photo and, for some bizarre reason, pocketed the reporter's phone.

Which bit of that do you think is "staged"?

You can't reason with some folk BST.  In fact I honestly think that some people can't see any wrong in what Johnson says or does, to the point where if he were to walk up to them and kick them in the b*llocks they actually thank him for doing it!

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #836 on December 09, 2019, 05:05:24 pm by Ldr »
I'd say the same about many on here about Corbyn

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #837 on December 09, 2019, 05:12:51 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I still don't get what you mean about that being staged Ldr.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #838 on December 09, 2019, 05:16:30 pm by Ldr »
Maybe I'm cynical BST or just work in a better trust but it seems very convenient. Kid on floor (happened not disputing but seems very strange, in addition to an A and E you will have assessment suites, surgical holding areas, discharge lounges all more suitable), elections time, handy photo, ends up with a Mirror journo. Feels too perfect as a smear attempt

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #839 on December 09, 2019, 05:34:11 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
Yeah and if you dont think that's staged then I dispair

You are kidding right?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012