Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:26:58 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson  (Read 124997 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson
« Reply #840 on December 09, 2019, 05:47:21 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Ldr.

That cynicism isn't becoming.

It ended up in the Mirror because the mother of that kid was so pissed off, she sent the picture to the (very right wing,) Yorkshire Post. And it took off from there.

https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=274661.msg927771#msg927771

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #841 on December 09, 2019, 06:31:42 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I've spent a substantial amount of time in hospitals and have to agree that I find it hard to believe staff would allow that.  NHS staff on the whole are bloody good caring people.

It does not excuse the excessive demand on the nhs that's for sure particularly in these areas but I do find it tough to believe they'd allow that to happen.

As for Boris Johnson his answer is poor, he should have been more empathic  at that point. Yes it's been blown up a bit out of proportion, he has many flaws but not one person going likes to see kids in that state.  Will it change how some vote in the election, I actually think it will.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #842 on December 09, 2019, 06:32:53 pm by Ldr »
I dont think Boris has an empathetic bone in his body

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #843 on December 09, 2019, 06:35:17 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Bang on Ldr. He's a narcissistic sociopath. His entire life story shoes that he doesn't give a f**k for anything but his own desires.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #844 on December 09, 2019, 06:38:18 pm by Ldr »
I couldn't disagree which is why I wish there was a more effective opposition

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #845 on December 09, 2019, 06:41:46 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I'm with you on that. Been saying it for 4 years.

But, that's the choice we have.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #846 on December 09, 2019, 06:42:47 pm by Ldr »
Piss poor doesn't cover it, country of 60 odd million and these 2 cretins are the choice we come up with

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #847 on December 09, 2019, 07:03:02 pm by wilts rover »
I heard a guy on the radio the other week put the choice like this:

If Corbyn gets in and things done work out then everything he does in power can be reversed in 5 years

If Johnson gets in then the country will be irreversibly changed forever - not only Brexit and public services but the proposed changes to the electoral map and voter registration that are in their manifesto

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #848 on December 09, 2019, 07:23:44 pm by Donnywolf »
Piss poor doesn't cover it, country of 60 odd million and these 2 cretins are the choice we come up with

... but we are not voting for a President. We should be electing a Political Party with whose philosophy we mostly agree with.

Its up to each particular Party to (democratically) elect a Leader - but the trouble is that person is then "the" person that gets the scrutiny and praise or criticism and that detracts from the fact there is a Part behind them that has policies / manifestos / ideas and ideals all ready to go

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #849 on December 09, 2019, 07:24:47 pm by Ldr »
Should be is not what will happen and you know it

• VSC Member
« Reply #850 on December 09, 2019, 08:12:52 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Exactly DW, which is why I'll probably vote tory despite Boris not because of him.  He is in a job that is far above his intellect.  I read labour may be happy to lose this election, I do not buy in to that. Granted I expect Boris to balls it up if he wins, but itll be before his term is up and he will be replaced.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #851 on December 09, 2019, 08:23:08 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BFYP

I'm not sure you fully get the revolution in the Tory party already under Johnson.

The moderates have gone. Forced out. This will be by far the most rightwing Tory set of MPs since the War. Far, far to the right of Thatcher's administrations.

People as extreme as Raab and Patel wouldn't have got close to the top under Thatcher. And they've absorbed the lessons from the Republicans in the USA. They are already planning big changes in voter registration to make it much harder for traditional Labour voter groups to register.

This is NOT the usual "vote for him through gritted teeth and it will all settle down in a year or two" election.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #852 on December 09, 2019, 08:23:11 pm by Copps is Magic »
What part of their vicious free-market austerity economic policy attracts you BFYP? (Genuine question)

Or is it their underfunding of all public services by the standards of basically all European countries?

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #853 on December 09, 2019, 08:29:42 pm by Copps is Magic »
...of course even the most ideologically pure of us will be voting based on the leader of the party in some part. Unavoidable basically.

Which is why when I hear people from Donny voting for the Tories, i really scratch my head. Johnson has equal contempt for people like me and you who grew up in the town, got a job, family, house, career, made something of ourselves... as those feckless unemploymed, scroungers. Open contempt. Its there in his writings going back years, to him we are all one and the same and I could never vote for that.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #854 on December 09, 2019, 08:39:14 pm by SydneyRover »
Exactly DW, which is why I'll probably vote tory despite Boris not because of him.  He is in a job that is far above his intellect.  I read labour may be happy to lose this election, I do not buy in to that. Granted I expect Boris to balls it up if he wins, but itll be before his term is up and he will be replaced.

Have you ever voted labour or other than tory bfyp?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #855 on December 09, 2019, 08:43:20 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Nail-Head Copps.

Anyone from round here is clearly convincing themselves that Johnson doesn't mean THEM when his mask slips and he reveals his utter contempt for ordinary people.

They will be chucked aside once they've done their job.

• VSC Member
« Reply #856 on December 09, 2019, 09:02:02 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Yes on both counts, though not in a general election, given my age I havent had much opportunity....

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #857 on December 09, 2019, 09:06:22 pm by Ldr »
Bit more opportunity for me BFYP, voted red and blue in my time, definite floating voter

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #858 on December 10, 2019, 01:48:41 am by Bentley Bullet »
When I saw Jezza visiting Bentley during the floods being treated like King Canute, and then Boris being treated like a mass drowner, I just knew it meant that floating voters were being swayed by Labour hysteria.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #859 on December 10, 2019, 02:10:10 am by SydneyRover »

Yes on both counts, though not in a general election, given my age I havent had much opportunity....

Thanks bfyp, guessing you've voted for cameron then may and johnson next?

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #860 on December 10, 2019, 08:05:18 am by Herbert Anchovy »
Hearing members of the public in the North East interviewed yesterday after Boris’ visit was incredibly depressing. People stating how they have always voted Labour but will now vote for Boris. Despite the terrible damage done to that part of the world by Boris’ party, despite his Brexit policy that’s putting a huge number of people in that area at risk and despite the fact that he’s a proven liar they STILL fawn over him.

The worst example I’ve seen of Turkeys Voting for Christmas.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #861 on December 10, 2019, 08:07:32 am by Ldr »
HA that's what i hear living up here too which is why i have been so vocal on the Corbyn effect. Outside the hardcore labour bubble he is incredibly unpopular which has allowed populist policies to attract voters

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #862 on December 10, 2019, 08:14:38 am by SydneyRover »
It's a shame though Ldr, the labour policies are good and the msm has to carry a lot of the blame for a lot of anti-corbynism, you shouldn't need to be a 'personalty' to run the country just good policy and not corrupt.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #863 on December 10, 2019, 08:17:55 am by Herbert Anchovy »
HA that's what i hear living up here too which is why i have been so vocal on the Corbyn effect. Outside the hardcore labour bubble he is incredibly unpopular which has allowed populist policies to attract voters

Why is he so unpopular up there LDR?

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #864 on December 10, 2019, 08:21:54 am by Ldr »
Talking to people 2 main things have been apparent. Perceived as a blocker to Brexit which is the major talking point up here and people just dont trust him

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #865 on December 10, 2019, 08:25:03 am by Herbert Anchovy »
It’s pretty incredible isn’t it that they trust a Bullingdon Boy who everyone acknowledges is a liar over Corbyn? Also that his Brexit policy is potentially a disaster for places like the NE. Still, I guess they can’t grumble when it all goes tits up.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #866 on December 10, 2019, 08:52:44 am by tommy toes »
They voted for Brexit and are determined to have it  and hang the consequences.
They think Johnson will get it done and that Corbyn has betrayed them.
That's all that seems to matter to a lot of people.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #867 on December 10, 2019, 09:02:47 am by BillyStubbsTears »
HA.

I don't know if you heard those interviews on R4 this morning.

Nick Robinson (ex-head of the Oxford University Conservative Association) went to Sunderland with Johnson yesterday. On the Today programme this morning, they played three interviews he did, all with apparently random people on the street. All three were lifelong Labour voters who now say they are voting for Johnson. Robinson then ran a story around this of how the working class in the North is leaving Labour in droves.

Now. Forgive me for this cynicism, but that's a bit odd.

See, there are three constituencies in Sunderland. According to the bookies, the longest price you can get on Labour for any of the seats is 1/9.

And yet Robinson somehow, entirely against the odds, interviewed three random strangers and all three fitted in with his story.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #868 on December 10, 2019, 09:12:35 am by Herbert Anchovy »
BST

It was last night I heard it. Fair point though, I realise that vox pops are unreliable AND Robinson has a particular agenda at play. I just find it remarkable that anyone of sane mind who lives in the NE could possibly consider Boris as a better PM than JC.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #869 on December 10, 2019, 09:20:07 am by Donnywolf »
HA.

I don't know if you heard those interviews on R4 this morning.

Nick Robinson (ex-head of the Oxford University Conservative Association) went to Sunderland with Johnson yesterday. On the Today programme this morning, they played three interviews he did, all with apparently random people on the street. All three were lifelong Labour voters who now say they are voting for Johnson. Robinson then ran a story around this of how the working class in the North is leaving Labour in droves.

Now. Forgive me for this cynicism, but that's a bit odd.

See, there are three constituencies in Sunderland. According to the bookies, the longest price you can get on Labour for any of the seats is 1/9.

And yet Robinson somehow, entirely against the odds, interviewed three random strangers and all three fitted in with his story.

corrupt with a small c

lets hope he has to eat his words when the Poll that counts is counted !

TinyPortal © 2005-2012