Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:53:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson  (Read 126118 times)

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
Re: Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson
« Reply #390 on September 26, 2019, 08:36:27 pm by MachoMadness »
   There were thousands of youngsters at a  certain pop concert who didn't even know there was a vote to go to.
   And hands up anyone who had heard of Joe Cox before she was murdered.
   That was the best day in the house of commons I have watched, and showed that those on the opposition benches are Ok dishing it out, but can't take it back without calling foul.
 They should stop playing the sympathy card while throwing personal insults the other way. There was a gang of labour women MP's who brought Joe Cox up, they are pathetic.
What a sociopathic post this is. Get help.

Just goes to show there are some people who'll support anything and anyone if it means they get to be on the winning side.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #391 on September 26, 2019, 09:17:01 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
It's a ridiculous post. I fully detest the points scoring on any side from someone who died, its not clever.  Who cares if she was heard of or not she should be still here doing her job, agree with her or not.....

I do not at all like that labour are using her death for political advantage not at all the point can be made without bringing that in to it and politically I do feel it harms labour.

But, the point is still bloody right, they should all have some respect for each other and he way some of them (eg johnson) act is disgraceful.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #392 on September 26, 2019, 09:18:16 pm by MachoMadness »
I see that shitheel Cummings is now saying the only way for MPs to stop getting death threats is to cave and vote with the government. Banana Republic stuff.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #393 on September 26, 2019, 10:20:05 pm by SydneyRover »
''Even Boris Johnson's dog wants out as PM keeps up losing streak

The prime minister skips parliament and misses his seventh defeat in seven votes

After the previous night’s toxic debate in which Boris Johnson had set yet another new low for standards in public life – hard to believe, but even sociopaths can have a talent to surprise – the Speaker first called for calm and respect from MPs from all sides. He then allowed an urgent question from Jess Phillips on the language and role of the prime minister in creating a safe environment in the country and parliament. Good luck with that''

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/sep/26/even-boris-johnsons-dog-wants-out-as-the-pm-keeps-up-losing-streak

added: Dilyn the Downing Street dog picked up the phone and called the RSPCA. “The owner’s abusive and out of control,” he barked. “Either re-home me or put me down.”
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 10:24:16 pm by SydneyRover »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #394 on September 26, 2019, 10:26:39 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I see that shitheel Cummings is now saying the only way for MPs to stop getting death threats is to cave and vote with the government. Banana Republic stuff.

He's repeating what Johnson said in the Commons.

Just stop for a while and let that sink in.

Those two have CHOSEN to up the ante by deliberately and repeatedly telling MPs that if they want to be safe, they need to vote for Brexit.

Just stop and REALLY let that sink in.

That is giving a blessing to any f**king maniac who decides he fancies having a pop at a Remain supporting MP.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #395 on September 26, 2019, 10:36:27 pm by DonnyOsmond »
It's a ridiculous post. I fully detest the points scoring on any side from someone who died, its not clever.  Who cares if she was heard of or not she should be still here doing her job, agree with her or not.....

I do not at all like that labour are using her death for political advantage not at all the point can be made without bringing that in to it and politically I do feel it harms labour.

But, the point is still bloody right, they should all have some respect for each other and he way some of them (eg johnson) act is disgraceful.

I don't think it's massively for political advantage. Due to Brexit and Johnson's words the far right are being encouraged, he is turning it into Parliament versus the people, and people who don't want to crash out are receiving death threats. These MPs are just pointing out what's happened to one of their close friends who died fighting the same thing they're currently fighting.

We'll have Johnson saying humbug and Project Fear until these people that are trying to kick doors down actually do something far worse then we'll turn into America and have Johnson giving his 'thoughts and prayers'.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #396 on September 26, 2019, 10:57:33 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
And THIS, is why you should never ever, children, never, EVER give a Tory MP a dab of whizz before he gets interviewed on telly.

He'll forget the party line and blab out that prorgation WAS all about blocking Parliament and forcing No Deal through.

https://mobile.twitter.com/brexit_sham/status/1176787162928492544

It's like a golf club Keith Flint.

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #397 on September 26, 2019, 11:16:19 pm by jucyberry »
I truly don't understand how anyone.. Politician or layman, can dismiss the fears on both sides of the house when it comes to death threats..

Just imagine you are at work when you hear one of your friends/colleagues has been murdered in the street whilst doing their job...

Then imagine getting death threats and messages promising them harm.. Wouldn't you be frightened?

It isn't being dramatic and it certainly isn't humbug. Jo Cox's murder took parliament back to the 1980s, It reminded them that its realitivly easy to be killed for doing your job.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #398 on September 26, 2019, 11:21:17 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I wonder how many people on here have had serious death threats made against them, and know what it does to your life.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 11:26:56 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #399 on September 26, 2019, 11:36:21 pm by Not Now Kato »
   There were thousands of youngsters at a  certain pop concert who didn't even know there was a vote to go to.
   And hands up anyone who had heard of Joe Cox before she was murdered.
   That was the best day in the house of commons I have watched, and showed that those on the opposition benches are Ok dishing it out, but can't take it back without calling foul.
 They should stop playing the sympathy card while throwing personal insults the other way. There was a gang of labour women MP's who brought Joe Cox up, they are pathetic.

Dispicable, Selby.  But it seems that Johnson's vile tactics have worked on at least one person on this forum!

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #400 on September 27, 2019, 11:12:26 am by bobjimwilly »
Can you imagine any previous PM in living memory, either Tory or Labour, who would have sunk to the lows of Johnson?

And mentioning Jo Cox's name isn't political point scoring. Regardless of which party she stood for, her murder should show all MP's that words matter, and the things they say in parliament and how they say them, matter.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #401 on September 27, 2019, 12:04:24 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I'm gobsmacked at folk suggesting that MPs who are getting regular death threats, are somehow trying to score political points by bringing up the case of their personal friend, Jo Cox.

This isn't a political game. Cox was murdered by a maniac who had been goaded by aggressive language online. Immediately after Johnson's comments on Wednesday, a man was arrested for trying to battered down the door of Jess Phillips's constituency office.

These MPs have an unassailable right to DEMAND that politicians take the lead in toning down their language. And we all have a responsibility to think about what we are adding to the febrile atmosphere.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #402 on September 27, 2019, 01:01:18 pm by MachoMadness »
Worth remembering that a lot of the MPs who are "point scoring" over Jo Cox are actually her work colleagues and friends. If someone murdered one of your close work friends, and then you saw some clown repeating the exact same kind of language that fired up the murderer to kill this friend, wouldn't you be f**king livid at him?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #403 on September 27, 2019, 02:54:54 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
And meanwhile, this is what some MPs have to deal with (and isn't it odd how it's disproportionately female MPs...almost like there's a strain of toxic masculinity in the country that can't cope with strong women).

https://twitter.com/AngelaRayner/status/1177131180782751744

And I've heard people suggesting that tweets like these are fabricated. False Flag things. In this case, the MoD has confirmed that this man is a serving NCO.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #404 on September 27, 2019, 02:57:29 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
By the way. That NCO was decorated for bravery under fire in Afghanistan and I take my hat off to him for that. I can't and don't want to imagine what he has experienced. But when the political atmosphere whips up people into that sort of response, it's a very worrying path we're on.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #405 on September 27, 2019, 03:19:35 pm by SydneyRover »
I wasn't impressed by the abuse Gina Miller got, another strong intelligent woman prepared to step up and take the leaners and rentseekers on.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #406 on September 27, 2019, 05:27:34 pm by wilts rover »
I will pick out a couple of key paragraphs for those with less time but the whole article is well worth a read if you have a minute or two - because if you don't understand what is going on/or you do understand and support it, then you too will be responsible for the end of democracy and the rise of tyranny in the UK:

Johnson’s obscene behaviour this week confirms the arrival of Trumpian Britain

On Tuesday the highest court in the land found that the prime minister had abused his power, misled parliament, and broken the law. It upheld the earlier verdict of the Scottish judges, who found that the PM had effectively lied to the Queen. If Boris Johnson had a shred of decency, integrity or responsibility, he would have resigned on the spot. Such an act would have been expected and demanded of any other PM in modern history even by their own party. Johnson is not such a man.

The PM did not apologise. He did not show humility. He instead doubled down. Johnson’s Commons appearance on Wednesday evening delivered the most repulsive parliamentary spectacle this country has seen in our lifetimes. The prime minister wailed that parliament was betraying the people. He declared it should “stand aside.” He used the phrase “surrender act” no fewer than 15 times. When one MP invoked the memory of her friend Jo Cox and pleaded with the PM, for her colleagues’ safety and her own, to moderate his language, he responded that her complaint was “humbug.” Indeed, he tumbled to a further nadir by opining that MPs could honour Cox’s memory by “getting Brexit done.” It was a gleeful festival of cruelty. People left the chamber in tears. Here was a group of MPs begging our country’s leader to temper his rhetoric, not as a political opponent but as a human being, and he jeered in their faces.

History shows that before hardline demagogues take control of the people’s will, they must first take control of the people’s lexicon. Johnson’s calm repetition of the word “surrender” was no mere attempt at ridicule. He didn’t use it to make a joke. It was, rather, a deliberate, concerted and explicit effort not simply to smear his opponents but to delegitimise them.

This is not just a question of abstract morality but people’s safety. Johnson’s language does not occur in a vacuum. It matters. It filters through. And it has consequences. Johnson must know this. He knows that Cox’s murderer cried “Britain first” as he attacked her. He knows that MPs are receiving floods of threats and abuse. He knows that the words “surrender” and “betrayal” wave a match over a public stage doused with fuel. It is simply that he doesn’t care.

The Tory party unmasked itself this week, finally and for all time. Hundreds of its MPs gathered in the Commons. They heard their leader traduce parliament, challenge the judiciary and defend law-breaking. They did not walk out in disgust. They gave him a sustained round of applause.

The old Conservative Party, for all its faults, has withered and died. Like the US Republicans who have provided such key inspiration, the Tories have entirely remodelled themselves in the image of the demagogue who leads them. They have sacrificed their honour on the altar of promised electoral success. Conservative MPs are either wholly committed to the zeitgeist of anarchist destruction or nodding supinely and looking the other way. This is the party of monarchy, dependable government and law and order, and the PM is trampling all of them—but nothing trumps the nebulous concept of party loyalty. All are culpable.

This week we witnessed the next steps of a very deliberate revolution. This is the end of civility and the end of playing by the rules. Language has no more limits and basic decency has no more value. This is Trump’s Britain in ways we can only begin to compute. Our country, its institutions and its future are at stake, and the people charged with their protection are carefully crushing them.

https://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/politics/boris-johnson-obscene-behaviour-arrival-trumpian-britain-brexit-parliament

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #407 on September 27, 2019, 05:43:53 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
What in the name of God is the BBC letting a nothing go shite like this go on politics shows to incite people to riot?

https://mobile.twitter.com/monarchyuk/status/1177549862348480512

And why isn't he immediately arrested and prosecuted for inciting public disorder?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #408 on September 27, 2019, 05:56:21 pm by Filo »
I think in less civilised and tollerent Countries there would have been the beginings of a Civil War by now, someone needs to get control of the mad man running our Country, sharpish!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #409 on September 27, 2019, 06:20:46 pm by The Red Baron »
The penny seems to have dropped, at least with the SNP, that the only way to GUARANTEE we don't leave on 31st October, deal or no deal, is to hold a VONC, remove Johnson and co and install a temporary government, whether headed by Jeremy Corbyn or someone else.

Although I suspect the apparently contradictory "we will obey the law, but we're leaving on 31st October" mantra is probably a massive bluff by Cummings, I don't think many opposition MPs are confident enough of the Benn Act to be sure that it can't be somehow worked around.

Although maybe this is all part of the Grand Plan- get the opposition to do your dirty work for you and then claim you are the only party that can deliver Brexit at the GE which must surely follow very soon.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #410 on September 27, 2019, 06:42:15 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I wonder how many people on here have had serious death threats made against them, and know what it does to your life.

I hope when the Irish Border is re-established that they'll dismiss RIRA death threats as humbug and forgo any protection.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #411 on September 27, 2019, 08:53:39 pm by SydneyRover »
''The US businesswoman embroiled in a conflict of interest row over her close friendship with Boris Johnson won a highly sought after entrepreneur visa to stay in the UK after securing the prime minister’s endorsement for her firm, the Guardian has learnt.

Arcuri, whose flat Johnson reportedly frequented while he was London mayor, beat nearly 2,000 applicants to be among 200 winners of the Sirius scheme run by UK Trade and Investment (now the Department for International Trade).

The programme requires candidates or their business to have up to £200,000 available for investment, but Companies House records show Innotech has been consistently in the red since it was founded. Its first accounts in 2014 showed it had minus £41,540 in shareholders’ funds.

Looks like we've being paying her wages, even if johnson was innocent  :woohoo: while the tories have been in power this company has had 125K of our money for sfa.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/sep/27/exclusive-jennifer-arcuri-won-visa-after-johnson-backed-firm

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #412 on September 28, 2019, 07:36:21 am by Donnywolf »
I think in less civilised and tollerent Countries there would have been the beginings of a Civil War by now, someone needs to get control of the mad man running our Country, sharpish!

Trouble is opinions are so entrenched every move by either side is scoffed at ignored or similar by the other

So even if Johnson ignores the Benn Act those supporting Leave will see no problem with it because it is just what they ultimately want that has become the focus

.... and same in any and every issue the opposite way

The only thing we DONT know for sure is what a Referendum result held now would produce. What WOULD the current Will of the People actually be ? I have no idea

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #413 on September 28, 2019, 08:18:48 am by Filo »

Trouble is opinions are so entrenched every move by either side is scoffed at ignored or similar by the other

So even if Johnson ignores the Benn Act those supporting Leave will see no problem with it because it is just what they ultimately want that has become the focus

.... and same in any and every issue the opposite way

The only thing we DONT know for sure is what a Referendum result held now would produce. What WOULD the current Will of the People actually be ? I have no idea

I think we know that and Boris knows that, he’s scared he’ll lose a referendum

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #414 on September 28, 2019, 08:45:50 am by Donnywolf »
I just wish someone would get another online vote going to judge the opposition to ANY leaving of the EU

Get it to over the 17.4 Million marker and then they cant say the Will of the British people - although of course they would by adding a rider such as " the Will of the British people as expressed in the last Referendum in 2016 was .... "

I am surprised nobody has got this going though.   

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #415 on September 28, 2019, 08:48:05 am by drfchound »
Well, you know what to do Wolfie.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #416 on September 28, 2019, 08:53:24 am by SydneyRover »
this is where u do it

Petition Parliament and the government

https://www.gov.uk/petition-government

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #417 on September 28, 2019, 09:47:28 am by Donnywolf »
I DO know where to do it but have no clut whatsoever. I mean sometimes on here I think 50% have me on "ignore" as I have nowt to say

7 Million signed the last petition and that was still ignored - disparinging comments such as "yes but thats nowhere near the number who voted Leave in the largest Democratic exercise of its type" and thats factually true

What I would like to see is a "somebody" or a collection of "somebodies" getting up a vehicle so those wanting to Remain could register their intention to vote Remain IF they got a chance. Get the figure over the number of people voting Leave and there would be a sign that the Will of the BP had changed.

True it is only a sign - but could not be dismissed as easily as "they" did with the 7 Million

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #418 on September 29, 2019, 08:38:46 am by SydneyRover »
I have nothing but contempt for this grubby tw@t

''Jennifer Arcuri ‘told friends of affair with Boris Johnson’

New bombshell for Tories as party conference begins

Fresh details have emerged about Boris Johnson’s close relationship with the American ex-model and entrepreneur Jennifer Arcuri as the prime minister faces an unprecedented police investigation into the scandal.

The Sunday Times has been told Arcuri confided to four friends that she was engaged in a sexual affair with Johnson while he was mayor of London. David Enrich, now the finance editor of The New York Times, says he was told of an alleged sexual relationship between the pair by two of the entrepreneur’s friends when he was working for another newspaper; his account corroborates that of other sources who spoke to Arcuri.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/jennifer-arcuri-told-friends-of-affair-with-boris-johnson-h8m7wlpg2

added:

''My inner thigh was squeezed so high up, I flinched'' Boris, of course

Boris Johnson has been accused of squeezing a journalist’s thigh beneath the table at a private lunch — and doing the same to the woman sitting on his other side.

Charlotte Edwardes reveals today how the prime minister put his hand “high” up her leg and had “enough inner flesh beneath his fingers” to make her “sit suddenly upright”.

Afterwards she confided in the young woman sitting on Johnson’s left, who replied: “Oh God, he did exactly the same to me.” Edwardes dubbed the prime minister “the double thigh-squeezer”.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/my-inner-thigh-was-squeezed-so-high-up-i-flinched-boris-of-course-xmkn3xjwn
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 08:42:38 am by SydneyRover »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #419 on September 29, 2019, 11:58:22 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Just watched Johnson on The Marr Show.

A couple of thoughts.

1) Marr is f**king useless. He regularly asked questions which Johnson ignored and then let Johnson just feel off his pre-planned script. "Surrender Act" and "Get Brexit Done" repeated maybe 50 times in 10 minutes

2) When asked a specific question on the Arcuri affair, he obfuscated so flagrantly, it raises the question of just how much trouble he might be in. It seems to me to be an open and shut case. He was f**king a model. The model had a tiny, micro company worth the square root of f**k all. Then she was invited on trade missions to represent London along with heads of huge blue chip companies. Some of those bosses expressed incredulity that a nothing "businesswoman" like her was on the trip. And commented on how those trips gave her company huge exposure.

Marr pointed out that it was a criminal offence for the London Mayor to give benefits to themselves, family or friends. And that Johnson had a legal duty to formally declare an interest in the case of Arcuri. He specifically basked Johnson if he'd declared that interest. Johnson went into blather mode.

So we can be certain that the PM did not declare that interest and he's committed a criminal offence.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012