Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:57:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson  (Read 127350 times)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
Re: Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson
« Reply #480 on October 02, 2019, 09:12:51 pm by wilts rover »
Our Best Kept Village Idiot Of The Year strike Again!

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-nuclear-fusion-lab-eu-funding-brexit-conference-speech-tory-a9130381.html

We can get this done and prove the doubters wrong. Remember it was only recently they said wind turbines couldn't knock the skin of a rice pudding.

and who exactly was it that said that Mr Johnson...

https://twitter.com/MattChorley/status/1179353250824364032

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #481 on October 03, 2019, 10:21:35 am by SydneyRover »
So johnson's cunning plan has all the signs of a lead balloon as the Irish leaders don't appear to like it and some EU leaders have also concurred with that. Gosh this past 3 years have flown by and here we are looking like it's square one with the possibility of a johnson proscecution, there's always a silver lining aye?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #482 on October 03, 2019, 02:11:48 pm by Donnywolf »
If the deal "bombs" & he has to ask for an extension I wonder with all 27 Members having to agree one might just hold us "hostage" - and cause us to crash out with No Deal ?

Spain - "give us Gibraltar back" springs to mind - or are they saving that Card to play at an optimum time ?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #483 on October 03, 2019, 02:22:28 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
No chance Wolf. Any country that tries that will be seriously hammered by the others.

The EU doesn't want no deal if it can be avoided without compromising the SM and CU because it will hurt some EU countries badly. So anyone who tried that stunt would be in line for a lot of recriminations.

The most likely one to think about blocking an extension is Orban's Hungary, but as they are large gross financial beneficiaries from the EU, they'd be playing a very risky game.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #484 on October 03, 2019, 02:41:38 pm by Donnywolf »
Yes good point - I am still looking at what that sneaky t**t  Johnson has up his sleeve

How about vice versa. He obviously has no scruples - could he actually "sell" Gibraltar out as he seems to be able to get away with anything lol

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #485 on October 03, 2019, 03:00:33 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
He might just actually want his deal?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #486 on October 03, 2019, 03:59:06 pm by SydneyRover »
Yes he may bfyp, but not for the benefit of the country at large to save his large arse. He doesnt give a flying f@ck about Ireland, that's pretty obvious.

The Irish PM: He said he welcomed Johnson’s comments that there would be no new customs infrastructure installed, but he said that pledge appeared to contradict the text of the UK plan, which indicated checks could be carried out at unspecified designated locations. He said there was a need to “tease out” the detail of Johnson’s plans.

Here's where he should start: https://www.abc.net.au/news/image/8576386-3x2-700x467.jpg
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 04:22:26 pm by SydneyRover »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #487 on October 03, 2019, 05:21:33 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BFYP

He might, but if he did he'd be starting from an acceptance of what the EU has consistently set out as it's red lines over the past 3 years.

As far as I can see, this latest plan ignores most of the past 3 years of discussions.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #488 on October 03, 2019, 07:42:28 pm by wilts rover »
Yes good point - I am still looking at what that sneaky t**t  Johnson has up his sleeve

I reckon he is going to resign.

There isn't doing to be a deal on 19th October unless he radically changes his proposals - and that seems unlikely.

He will then refuse to negotiate an extention as stipulated by the Benn Act. Parliament will then take him to court.

This has to go High Court, Supreme Court. How long will that take, a week? Lets say they can get it done by 25th October, which seems very tight.

At some point during that court case, most likely at the last minute when they are reading the verdict out telling him he to send the letter he will resign. Leaving the opposition a maximum 4 days to come up with an alternative government to stop a No Deal Brexit.

Of course if the government lawyers can string the case out longer that will give them even less time...

Looks like those Lib Dem MP's who have been on tv in the past couple of days saying No Deal is better than Corbyn as PM might soon be able to get their way.

• VSC Member
« Reply #489 on October 04, 2019, 10:48:09 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
BFYP

He might, but if he did he'd be starting from an acceptance of what the EU has consistently set out as it's red lines over the past 3 years.

As far as I can see, this latest plan ignores most of the past 3 years of discussions.

And typically if neither side can agree a deal you would normally have the threat of no deal there to push them, that threat is not there so what does Ireland and the EU have to stop them just going nope, nope, nope? Nothing, as they know parliament will never allow it currently.  There is no incentive for them to move right now.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #490 on October 04, 2019, 11:55:35 am by BillyStubbsTears »
BFYP.

But it's NOT a credible threat! That's the whole point!

A threat implies that YOU will suffer more than ME if you don't give me what I want.

Saying, "Give me what I want or I'll kneecap myself and you'll get blood and bits of bone all over you" is simply not credible. Ever. By anyone.

All it does is stir up bad feeling that you're not negotiating in good faith.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #491 on October 04, 2019, 02:20:40 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49936352

So here's a three-pipe problem then.

There's no way of God's earth that the EU is going to cut us a deal based on Johnson's proposal.

Johnson has now told a court that he will write to the EU asking for a Brexit extension if there's no deal signed by 19 Oct.

But the Govt line is that we're still leaving on 31 Oct.

Anyone got better powers of logical deduction than me cos I'm floundering on this one now.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #492 on October 04, 2019, 02:47:16 pm by tommy toes »
I've got the answer BST....

'There's lumps of it round the back.'

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #494 on October 04, 2019, 03:44:08 pm by Filo »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49936352

So here's a three-pipe problem then.

There's no way of God's earth that the EU is going to cut us a deal based on Johnson's proposal.

Johnson has now told a court that he will write to the EU asking for a Brexit extension if there's no deal signed by 19 Oct.

But the Govt line is that we're still leaving on 31 Oct.

Anyone got better powers of logical deduction than me cos I'm floundering on this one now.

Got Hungary to veto any extension, which would mean that he’s colluded with a foreign state to bypass the democratic principles of the UK

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #495 on October 04, 2019, 05:35:18 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
And it's not only Johnson who's a stranger to truth and honesty.

https://mobile.twitter.com/GuitaristDom/status/1180037096972656641

I keep on asking here. Does anyone have any examples of the Left getting away with this sort of shite?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #496 on October 04, 2019, 08:43:06 pm by SydneyRover »
Filo, this was published Friday 13 September 2019, not saying it won't happen as janus johnson cannot be trusted.

Hungary's far-right government says it won’t veto Brexit extension as favour to Boris Johnson

oops incorrect link, now corrected

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/hungary-brexit-boris-johnson-eu-extension-delay-orban-a9104566.html
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 08:45:31 pm by SydneyRover »

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #497 on October 04, 2019, 09:00:56 pm by Not Now Kato »
Filo, this was published Friday 13 September 2019, not saying it won't happen as janus johnson cannot be trusted.

Hungary's far-right government says it won’t veto Brexit extension as favour to Boris Johnson

oops incorrect link, now corrected

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/hungary-brexit-boris-johnson-eu-extension-delay-orban-a9104566.html

I rather suspect that no member of the club would want to be the one that went against the club in favour of a country leaving the club.  Unless, of course, they plan to follow suit.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #498 on October 04, 2019, 09:05:14 pm by Not Now Kato »

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #499 on October 04, 2019, 09:10:46 pm by Not Now Kato »
There was a great moment yesterday in parliament.  During questions on his Brexit statement Mr Speaker called Chi Onuwrah (labour MP for Newcastle Upon Tyne Central).  She asked a question about the NHS post Brexit.

Johnson replied how he'd been "proud to visit Manchester North General hospital in her constituency last weekend"!!!!  And people mock Diane Abbott....  How many more gaffes is this idiot going to make before people see through him?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #500 on October 04, 2019, 09:37:16 pm by SydneyRover »
like we were saying on another thread ''the north'' starts at Watford Gap servo and it's homogenous, apparently.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #501 on October 04, 2019, 10:51:25 pm by Not Now Kato »
Stupid is as stupid does

• VSC Member
« Reply #502 on October 04, 2019, 10:55:26 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
And it's not only Johnson who's a stranger to truth and honesty.

https://mobile.twitter.com/GuitaristDom/status/1180037096972656641

I keep on asking here. Does anyone have any examples of the Left getting away with this sort of shite?

Not quite the same but equally unhelpful wouldnt we say?

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2019/10/what-michael-gove-really-said-at-the-german-embassy/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Note, I agree with you. FWIW the Express is by far the worst of the papers, absolute tripe.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #503 on October 04, 2019, 11:06:33 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BFYP

Fair call. What that Prof did there is  a disgrace.

I've no problem with The Spectator writing a long article about it. But I do wonder why they don't call out similar things on the Right, like Leave.EU's disgraceful doctoring of a BBC video to make out that Barnier was plotting to deceive the UK, or the Tory party's recent doctoring of a BBC website header to propagate a lie about Govt investment in the NHS.

If you (and I don't mean "you" here) hate liars and deceivers, you hate them all. Not just the ones on the other side.

Me, (and I'm sure you too) I hate liars and deceivers full stop.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #504 on October 05, 2019, 06:41:02 am by Donnywolf »
So will Johnson "die in a ditch" after being pushed there after "laying in front of the (Heathrow) Bulldozers" I wonder

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #505 on October 05, 2019, 08:49:36 am by SydneyRover »
Homework. Time allowed just over three years.

Subject: Backstop and how leaving the EU without a deal will f**k over the Irish and UK peoples.

Candidate: B Johnson.

Your efforts to comprehend the subject at hand is severely lacking and you have provided little supporting evidence to show that you have taken this topic at all seriously. Scrawled out on a dinner napkin your lack of effort shows your utter contempt and cavalier attitude for the serious nature of Brexit and the future of the UK.

Should you not rectify this within the next few days you will be forced to face a panel of your peers and explain why you should not be expelled.

0/10

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #506 on October 06, 2019, 09:29:16 am by SydneyRover »
Boris Johnson faces ultimatum over Jennifer Arcuri messages
London assembly committee may also compel PM to appear before it to answer questions about relationship with entrepreneur

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/oct/06/boris-johnson-jennifer-arcuri-london-assembly-summons

Maybe it would be easier for him to list all those he hasn't groped or shagged?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #507 on October 06, 2019, 11:22:18 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Just electioneering.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49950188

Every syllable that dribbles out of his lying mouth is just about the upcoming election. He's spinning the line that it's all about the devious cheating bas**rds in Brussels.

Who's got so little self-respect that they are actually prepared to swallow this?

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #508 on October 07, 2019, 10:59:32 am by Not Now Kato »

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #509 on October 07, 2019, 02:32:33 pm by Donnywolf »
Just electioneering.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49950188

Every syllable that dribbles out of his lying mouth is just about the upcoming election. He's spinning the line that it's all about the devious cheating bas**rds in Brussels.

Who's got so little self-respect that they are actually prepared to swallow this?

About 35% if a GE was to be held - and about 42% if we had a second (or third actually) Referendum

TinyPortal © 2005-2012