Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:43:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson  (Read 127181 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson
« Reply #720 on November 29, 2019, 10:40:55 pm by SydneyRover »
Bentley syndrome ?  :)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #721 on November 30, 2019, 12:02:13 am by BillyStubbsTears »
That's an excellent point Wilts.

When Abbott had that excruciatingly bad interview about police costs, and got her numbers hopelessly wrong, the media thrapped off over it for days. There's folk on here still bringing it up.

Johnson gets a number wrong by a factor of 10 and no-one gives a shit.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #722 on November 30, 2019, 12:10:34 am by BillyStubbsTears »
I said in a recent post that Johnson's handlers we're keeping him away from proper I review scrutiny because he is I famously f**king useless at preparation and detail.

Exhibit A.

https://mobile.twitter.com/juniordrblog/status/1200397093199917056

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #723 on November 30, 2019, 07:45:23 am by SydneyRover »
Sturgeon makes a great but obvious point, this get Brexit done bullshit is only the withdrawal agreement (something johnson should learn  :) nothing apart from negotiations to sell off the NHS have started.

He's already talking about propping up great British business struggling following Brexit. Why will they require propping up? Maybe it's the extra paperwork, duty and customs that will have to be paid for to export to our nearest neighbours Ireland and the other 26 countries that make up the EU.

And maybe that's why the tory party have never bothered with anything much outside of London bar the miners strike and the poll tax because we are all considered feckless, criminal and drunk  :)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #724 on November 30, 2019, 08:59:25 am by Donnywolf »
What 100 Tory Special Advisers were terrified might happen … just happened.

Forgetting he was being filmed, Boris Johnson caught begging Nick Ferrari, LBC ,
to get off the subject of Social Care, as he was dying on his @rse.

This is another #GE2019 pivotal moment, savour it.

I would hope you are right but most of the people have already decided

Johnson is telling lies consistently - he is often floundering around as he seems incapable of relating to ordinary people (95% of the Country) and yet enough people will vote for him anyway either because they cant or wont see those lies or they see them but will forgive what they see to meet or get their own ends 

Its democracy in action. One vote each Im afraid

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #725 on November 30, 2019, 09:08:31 am by Not Now Kato »
https://www.facebook.com/TheDailyPolitik/videos/350392299059113/

And people actually think this clown is fit to run this country?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #726 on November 30, 2019, 09:37:27 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Like I say. Infamous in Govt circles for being unprepared, not absorbing his briefings (that James Bond thing...Jesus!) and being bored by detail.

Still. We took back control, eh?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #727 on November 30, 2019, 10:05:24 am by SydneyRover »
He's barely in control of his large intestine  :)

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #728 on November 30, 2019, 04:34:51 pm by i_ateallthepies »
But surely, Sydney, he must have an iron grip on his sphincter to be so totally full of shit?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #729 on November 30, 2019, 08:59:31 pm by SydneyRover »
Happy to be corrected on that score Pies  :)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #730 on December 01, 2019, 12:06:02 am by SydneyRover »
Healthline:

"Pathological lying, also known as mythomania and pseudologia fantastica, is the chronic behavior of compulsive or habitual lying.

Unlike telling the occasional white lie to avoid hurting someone’s feelings or getting in trouble, a pathological liar seems to lie for no apparent reason.

Defining a pathological liar

A pathological liar is someone who lies compulsively. While there appears to be many possible causes for pathological lying, it’s not yet entirely understood why someone would lie this way.

Compulsive lying is also a known trait of some personality disorders, such as antisocial personality disorder. Trauma or head injuries may also play a role in pathological lying, along with an abnormality in hormone-cortisol ratio.

A 2016 studyTrusted Source of what happens in the brain when you lie found that the more untruths a person tells, the easier and more frequent lying becomes. The results also indicated that self-interest seems to fuel dishonesty.

Takeaway

How to empathize and cope with a pathological liar comes down to an understanding of what may be causing this person to lie while being supportive.

It’s likely that the lying is a symptom of another issue that can be treated. Encourage them to get the help they need.

https://www.healthline.com/health/pathological-liar

bpoolrover

• Forum Member

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #732 on December 01, 2019, 11:11:17 am by wilts rover »
Johnson on the Marr programme:

'Yes, the prison service has collapsed. And the probation service. And the courts. And the police. And the NHS. And social care. And schools. And libraries. So vote for us, the people who did that'

https://twitter.com/davidschneider/status/1201080583050452992

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #733 on December 01, 2019, 11:48:04 am by Herbert Anchovy »
Johnson has been accused of ‘copying and pasting’ a very lengthy tweet by The Secret Barrister providing an explanation around the events on Friday. Not only did he plagiarise it, he also passed it off as his own!

The secret barrister has now had to write a blogpost rebutting the lies spouted by a Johnson yesterday.

Yet another example of his utter contempt for the truth.

Of course, his fans won’t care.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #734 on December 01, 2019, 12:28:43 pm by Filo »
I reckon getting him on Andrew Neil will just about finish him off

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #735 on December 01, 2019, 12:39:00 pm by The Red Baron »
I reckon getting him on Andrew Neil will just about finish him off

After his showing today against Marr, who is no Rottweiler, I dare say Johnson's handlers will keep him well away from Neil. I think they'll take the charge of being "frit" rather than see Johnson eaten for breakfast.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #736 on December 01, 2019, 12:51:48 pm by Filo »
I’m currently in twitter jail for telling someone Boris Johnson was a Kitson 25 years ago and he’s a Kitson today 😳😳😳😳

I reckon the Tories control twitter now 😀😀😀

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #737 on December 01, 2019, 06:37:44 pm by Filo »
Look at him when an awkward question gets put to him, frantically looking over to his spin doctor for help. He’s not going to do that interview is he?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politics-50620692/election-2019-boris-johnson-pressed-over-andrew-neil-interview

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #738 on December 01, 2019, 08:12:42 pm by Sprotyrover »
Look at him when an awkward question gets put to him, frantically looking over to his spin doctor for help. He’s not going to do that interview is he?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politics-50620692/election-2019-boris-johnson-pressed-over-andrew-neil-interview
Nope, he reminds me of Vicky Pollard off Little Britain, yeahbut,no but,don't worry in less than 12 days secret Agent Jezza and Dianne will have accomplished their mission and a Tory majority Government will be in Power!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #739 on December 01, 2019, 09:19:48 pm by SydneyRover »
Johnson claimed “there are 400,000 fewer children in poverty than there were in 2010”.
Reality

The prime minister is wrong.

The Joseph Rowntree Foundation says there has been a “rising tide of child poverty” under the Conservatives.

Although relative child poverty initially fell from 3.9 million in 2009-10 to 3.6 million in 2011-12, it has since skyrocketed to 4.1 million according to government statistics.

In terms of absolute poverty, a tougher measure of low income, child poverty dropped from 3.9 million to 3.5 million in 2016-17 – which could be the 400,000 Johnson refers to. However, that figure is out of date: absolute child poverty surged by 200,000 in a year to 3.7 million in 2017-18.

According to the Resolution Foundation thinktank, child poverty is at risk of rising to a record 60-year high under the Conservative manifesto plans, because it bakes in benefit cuts imposed over the past decade.

They're only Kids, they'll grow out of it  :)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #740 on December 01, 2019, 10:25:34 pm by Filo »
I’ve been released from twitter jail and found this great big lie from Johnson

Boris Johnson told #MarrShow the Queen's Speech - which set out his plans for government including a bill to prevent automatic early release of prisoners - had been "blocked by Parliament"
This is wrong. It passed by 16 votes

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #741 on December 02, 2019, 07:15:26 pm by Copps is Magic »
https://www.businessinsider.nl/boris-johnson-said-britain-poorest-chavs-losers-criminals-addicts-burglars-2019-11?international=true&r=US

The working class
Single mothers
Muslims
Black people
Gay men
20% of the population

The next prime-minister has genuine disdain for you. Genuine disdain. He believes inequality is down to natural intelligence and therefore unfixable. The next prime minister.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #742 on December 02, 2019, 07:39:16 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Careful Copps, you'll have the Johnson apologists out in force, attacking him like that.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #743 on December 02, 2019, 07:57:50 pm by GazLaz »
I was out for a family meal on Saturday and two of the attendees were a former senior figure in the Met. Police and his wife. We loosely touched on politics and Mrs Plod said “I love Boris I think he’s really funny”. I replied “if that’s the criteria for running the country Peter Kaye should be in the job” (I don’t even think he’s funny but we were in Bolton!!)  Anyway.... what hope have we got when people think like that. 

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #744 on December 02, 2019, 08:26:26 pm by Donnywolf »
About as much chance as Rovers at Gillingham in FA Cup

Its so depressing especially when "years ago" pulling stunts like he has and he would be "laughed out of Town"

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #745 on December 03, 2019, 05:35:14 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
Meanwhile our glorious leader has accepted an invite to be interviewed by those bastions of political debate & argument Phillip Schofield and Holly Willouby!! He must have forgotten about Andrew Neil!!

And yet seemingly sane and otherwise intelligent people consider this clown to be fit to run our great country?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #746 on December 03, 2019, 08:43:20 pm by Donnywolf »
How bizarre

How bizarre, how bizarre

Ooh its driving me crazy .... every time I see that Clown

Every time I see that Clown

How bizarre

How bizarre, how bizarre

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #747 on December 03, 2019, 09:05:15 pm by tommy toes »
I was out for a family meal on Saturday and two of the attendees were a former senior figure in the Met. Police and his wife. We loosely touched on politics and Mrs Plod said “I love Boris I think he’s really funny”. I replied “if that’s the criteria for running the country Peter Kaye should be in the job” (I don’t even think he’s funny but we were in Bolton!!)  Anyway.... what hope have we got when people think like that. 

Aye. Two of Mrs Toes' best women friends both love Johnson because he's charming and has a cheeky grin and will vote for him.
She tries to educate them but they're not interested in politics.
That's what we're up against.

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #748 on December 03, 2019, 09:36:57 pm by BigH »
Peter Oborne, former chief political commentator of The Daily Telegraph and a proper old school Tory is chronicling BJ's lies:

https://boris-johnson-lies.com/

Worth a read. A serious, fact-checked Tory journalist calling out an unserious, lie-based Tory journalist.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #749 on December 03, 2019, 09:39:24 pm by drfchound »

Aye. Two of Mrs Toes' best women friends both love Johnson because he's charming and has a cheeky grin and will vote for him.
She tries to educate them but they're not interested in politics.
That's what we're up against.

The thing is though TT, in Doncaster (and other a Labour heartlands) most voters would vote for anyone who stood as a Labour candidate, irrespective of how good or bad he was.
No different really.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012