Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:09:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson  (Read 126106 times)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
Re: Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson
« Reply #1170 on April 28, 2020, 06:55:14 pm by Bentley Bullet »
TT, Boris Johnson got far more criticism than Corbyn. The out of touch media, not unlike this forum, got a bloody shock after the election result. That is because it was out of touch with reality because the silent majority kept their opinions to themselves until voting day.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1171 on April 28, 2020, 07:05:53 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
TT, Boris Johnson got far more criticism than Corbyn. The out of touch media, not unlike this forum, got a bloody shock after the election result. That is because it was out of touch with reality because the silent majority kept their opinions to themselves until voting day.

That'll be why the Tories were always streets ahead in the polls...

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #1172 on April 28, 2020, 07:13:28 pm by Bentley Bullet »
That's why the Tories were always streets ahead, irrespective of the polls.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1173 on April 28, 2020, 07:20:33 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BB.

Stop making a fool of yourself. You're acting like a stroppy kid trying to pick a fight again.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #1174 on April 28, 2020, 07:22:17 pm by Bentley Bullet »
BST, stop being silly and grow up.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #1175 on April 28, 2020, 07:36:15 pm by IDM »

I don’t think anyone can claim to have been shocked by the result.. it was clear that despite Johnson’s failings and whatever brexit opinion you had, Corbyn had no chance.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #1176 on April 28, 2020, 07:46:19 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Some were most definitely shocked by the result. Some on this forum in fact. Some were suggesting Labour might win right up to election day. I was shocked by the result. Not by the Tory victory, but by the size of it.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1177 on April 28, 2020, 08:01:44 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
This insistence on starting fights BB. And changing the fight halfway through.

My 13 year old is going through that phase. I'm hoping he'll grow out of it.

The Election result was
Con 43.6
Lab 33.0

The average of the last 10 poll before the election was.

Con 43.4
Lab 32.5

It wasn't a shock. It was a massive disappointment to some of us. It hurt. Because we wanted it not to be true.

See me, when the Rovers are losing 0-3 with 5 mins left, I still roar on every tackle, every shot, every pass. I don't WANT the inevitable defeat to be true. And it hurts when we do lose.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 08:08:13 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #1178 on April 28, 2020, 08:09:50 pm by tommy toes »
BB
I'm member of the Labour Party and canvassed with Rosie Winterton on several occasions.

I knew, and so did she and everyone else involved, that we had not a cat in hells chance of winning the election.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #1179 on April 28, 2020, 08:16:34 pm by IDM »

The Election result was
Con 43.6
Lab 33.0

Con 43.4
Lab 32.5

It wasn't a shock. It was a massive disappointment to some of us. It hurt. Because we wanted it not to be true.

See me, when the Rovers are losing 0-3 with 5 mins left, I still roar on every tackle, every shot, every pass. I don't WANT the inevitable defeat to be true. And it hurts when we do lose.

So 56.4% of those who voted didn’t want a conservative government, based upon the total votes rather than per seat.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #1180 on April 28, 2020, 08:21:35 pm by Bentley Bullet »
BST. As a bloke who takes pride in his facts, you must be disappointed when you find out those facts are wrong. Sorry to disappoint you, but you're wrong on this one. You see, I can't claim victory for the election result, because the party I voted for didn't win either! So, I'm a loser just like you - Only a far more gracious one! 

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #1181 on April 28, 2020, 08:22:49 pm by Bentley Bullet »

The Election result was
Con 43.6
Lab 33.0

Con 43.4
Lab 32.5

So 56.4% of those who voted didn’t want a conservative government, based upon the total votes rather than per seat.

And even fewer wanted a Labour government.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #1182 on April 28, 2020, 08:25:26 pm by drfchound »

The Election result was
Con 43.6
Lab 33.0

Con 43.4
Lab 32.5

Come on IDM, you know what the system is.
If your a Party had won I am sure you wouldn’t have brought that up.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1183 on April 28, 2020, 08:26:54 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BST. As a bloke who takes pride in his facts, you must be disappointed when you find out those facts are wrong. Sorry to disappoint you, but you're wrong on this one. You see, I can't claim victory for the election result, because the party I voted for didn't win either! So, I'm a loser just like you - Only a far more gracious one! 

BB.

I'm not accusing you of crowing about winning. It's worse than that. You seem to enjoy baiting people who lost. Without ever properly engaging in substantive discussion. That's what I don't understand.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #1184 on April 28, 2020, 08:35:04 pm by IDM »
Going on how the elected government has acted since, everyone has lost..

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #1185 on April 28, 2020, 08:38:20 pm by IDM »

The Election result was
Con 43.6
Lab 33.0

Con 43.4
Lab 32.5

The system is flawed.  We should have PR and compulsory voting, allowing for a “ one of the above” option.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #1186 on April 28, 2020, 08:41:30 pm by drfchound »

The Election result was
Con 43.6
Lab 33.0

Con 43.4
Lab 32.5

The system is flawed.  We should have PR and compulsory voting, allowing for a “ one of the above” option.

You may be right but that isn’t how it is right now.
Who do you think would have won the last GE had it been PR.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #1187 on April 28, 2020, 08:45:00 pm by IDM »
On the votes cast it would have been the Tories of course.. but if we had PR, more folks may have voted especially in constituencies where one party usually has a huge majority.. there would be much less tactical voting..

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #1188 on April 28, 2020, 08:50:13 pm by Bentley Bullet »
BST, you said I was a winner. I wasn't. That hasn't stopped you from accusing me of crowing about winning though, has it?

What do you mean by properly engaging in substantive discussion? What do you call substantive? Is finding out real facts for oneself with real-life experiences not substantive? Or are your rules of only accepting quotes from lefty newspapers the only way of producing substantive discussion?

You see, your analogy of a Rovers match is not a good one unless the opposition isn't allowed any goals to score in.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1189 on April 28, 2020, 09:25:49 pm by wilts rover »

Did he, who knew? Certainly not Loughborough University who actually studied negative and positive media coverage in the campaign.

https://www.lboro.ac.uk/news-events/general-election/report-1/

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1190 on April 28, 2020, 09:30:04 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BST, you said I was a winner. I wasn't. That hasn't stopped you from accusing me of crowing about winning though, has it?

What do you mean by properly engaging in substantive discussion? What do you call substantive? Is finding out real facts for oneself with real-life experiences not substantive? Or are your rules of only accepting quotes from lefty newspapers the only way of producing substantive discussion?

You see, your analogy of a Rovers match is not a good one unless the opposition isn't allowed any goals to score in.

On your first point, I  said nothing of the sort.

On the substantive argument point, I mean you focus on the PROCESS of argument, not the CONTENT. You pick up perceived faults or inconstencies in what other people say. You bait them. You acuse them if acting in bad faith. Being hypocritical. But you rarely ever engage in the detail of what they are discussing and give your opinions.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 09:34:40 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #1191 on April 28, 2020, 09:48:44 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Wilts, they obviously missed Twitter, Facebook and BBC's Question Time off their research.

Oh, and this forum!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #1192 on April 28, 2020, 10:26:35 pm by drfchound »
On the votes cast it would have been the Tories of course.. but if we had PR, more folks may have voted especially in constituencies where one party usually has a huge majority.. there would be much less tactical voting..

Speculation though IDM, there is no way of knowing who extra may have voted.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #1193 on April 29, 2020, 10:07:27 am by Metalmicky »
Boris and Carrie announce the birth of a baby boy............. another Johnson emerges..

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #1194 on April 29, 2020, 10:12:29 am by Filo »
Boris and Carrie announce the birth of a baby boy............. another Johnson emerges..

And now the paternity leave will keep him hiding 😀

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #1195 on April 29, 2020, 10:19:01 am by IDM »
Let’s not politicise the birth of a baby.?

Under normal circumstances it would be right and proper for Johnson to take some leave and leave his deputies in charge..

However in this time of national crisis it would be better perhaps to have some time off, but to take part in important meetings etc in between.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1196 on April 29, 2020, 10:40:27 am by BillyStubbsTears »

How many is that he's got now?

Is it three or four? I don't think it's ever been definitively determined has it?

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #1197 on April 29, 2020, 10:40:57 am by Ldr »

Is it three or four? I don't think it's ever been definitively determined has it?

And is it anyone's business but his?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #1198 on April 29, 2020, 10:43:18 am by Filo »
Let’s not politicise the birth of a baby.?

Under normal circumstances it would be right and proper for Johnson to take some leave and leave his deputies in charge..

However in this time of national crisis it would be better perhaps to have some time off, but to take part in important meetings etc in between.

In normal circumstances I’d agree, but the cynic in me says this has all been stage managed, he supposedly came back to Downing Street on Monday to start back at work, apart from the few minutes at the lecturn on Monday morning, we’ve not seen or heard from him, perhaps the real reason is they returned to Downing Street to be near a hospital for the birth ( nothing wrong in that) but it has been spun as him returning to work

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1199 on April 29, 2020, 10:43:53 am by BillyStubbsTears »

And is it anyone's business but his?

Well if you are in charge of the country, I'd suggest that your honesty and responsibility are issues of public interest. When you have denied paternity of a baby that in fact was yours, and which you knew was yours, it raises all sorts of questions of your approach to responsibility and honesty.

Or do you disagree?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012