Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:38:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Trump and democracy  (Read 52049 times)

Ldr

• Forum Member
Re: Trump and democracy
« Reply #150 on April 27, 2020, 09:19:03 am by Ldr »
Hope you are better soon Glyn

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #151 on April 27, 2020, 09:31:59 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Thanks everybody. I'm pretty much OK now, apart from having to pace myself and do things even slower than normal. I was bad for a couple of weeks when I had flu/loss of appetite and the coughing and accompanying shortness of breath due to fluid in the lungs. Those two are the real problems - any (and I mean any, however slight) movement makes you short of breath, which makes you cough, which makes you gasp for breath even more, which makes you want to cough more: it's a real vicious cycle. Just going from the bed to the loo was enough to set me off.

I was extremely lucky, however. I discovered that if I laid down and raised my top half at about 135 degrees, it miraculously eased the pressure on my lungs and I could breath fairly easily and therefore not be coughing all the time. Unfortunately the missus wasn't as lucky as me and couldn't get that ease of breathing so she was coughing and gasping all the time, which ended with her having to go into hospital - which frightened the life out of me on her behalf. Thankfully they let her come home after a week, and although she is getting better little bit by little bit, two weeks later she's still coughing a lot and only just able to tackle the stairs (I had to set up a bed downstairs for her).

So...we're getting there, albeit slowly. She's even planning a weekend break for when it's all over - if she can find somewhere that's open!

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #152 on April 27, 2020, 09:38:05 am by i_ateallthepies »
Great to hear you are both on the mend, Glynn.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #153 on April 27, 2020, 09:38:46 am by SydneyRover »
It sounds terrifying all the best SR

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #154 on April 27, 2020, 11:59:24 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I see he's at it again. Playing politics with the crisis, the amoral Kitson.

Here he is questioning why the Federal Govt should financially help out Democrat-run states with CV-19 bailouts.
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/494807-trump-asks-why-taxpayers-should-help-bail-out-democrat-run-states

Here are the facts on the degree to which Democrat-run states subsidise the idle, feckless layabouts [1] in Republican states 365 days of the year.

https://apnews.com/2f83c72de1bd440d92cdbc0d3b6bc08c/AP-FACT-CHECK:-Blue-high-tax-states-fund-red-low-tax-states

[1] I shouldn't have to say this, but for the record, that is ironic use of right wing language for those who take out rather than put in. I don't really think they are layabouts. They just happen to have the misfortune to live in states that are run by economically illiterate Republicans.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #155 on April 28, 2020, 10:13:08 am by ravenrover »
Accepting no responsibility, in his latest press con, for the hospital admissions due to people using bleach to prevent Covid

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #156 on April 30, 2020, 10:41:34 pm by SydneyRover »
''Trump erupts over poll slump and threatens to sue campaign manager

President blows his top in Friday argument and reportedly tells Brad Parscale ‘I’m not f**king losing to Joe Biden’ in November''

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/apr/30/trump-brad-parscale-campaign-manager

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #157 on April 30, 2020, 10:48:53 pm by Filo »

President blows his top in Friday argument and reportedly tells Brad Parscale ‘I’m not f**king losing to Joe Biden’ in November''

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/apr/30/trump-brad-parscale-campaign-manager

I love this quote from him

“ “I believe the people of this country are smart. And I don’t think that they will put a man in who’s incompetent”

😂😂😂😂😂😂

I think they already done that Donald old chap 😂😂😂😂😂

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #158 on April 30, 2020, 10:51:45 pm by tommy toes »
Glyn
Sorry only just caught up on this topic.
I hope you and your wife are feeling much better now.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #159 on April 30, 2020, 11:01:01 pm by tyke1962 »
I see he's at it again. Playing politics with the crisis, the amoral Kitson.

Here he is questioning why the Federal Govt should financially help out Democrat-run states with CV-19 bailouts.
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/494807-trump-asks-why-taxpayers-should-help-bail-out-democrat-run-states

Here are the facts on the degree to which Democrat-run states subsidise the idle, feckless layabouts [1] in Republican states 365 days of the year.

https://apnews.com/2f83c72de1bd440d92cdbc0d3b6bc08c/AP-FACT-CHECK:-Blue-high-tax-states-fund-red-low-tax-states

[1] I shouldn't have to say this, but for the record, that is ironic use of right wing language for those who take out rather than put in. I don't really think they are layabouts. They just happen to have the misfortune to live in states that are run by economically illiterate Republicans.

I think there's quite a lot riding on the US election for us in the UK Billy .

If Trump loses to Biden then it could and should be the end of the populist idiots , which isn't to say Biden is all that but I'm sure you take my point .

Slay the biggest monster and the rest will disappear .

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #160 on April 30, 2020, 11:17:33 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

I had to read that three times.

First twice I thought Trump's campaign manager was Joe Pasquale.

That would explain a lot.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #161 on May 01, 2020, 12:28:08 am by SydneyRover »
Look like orange boy wants to counter media surrounding the news that US Intelligence that says the virus wasn't man-made.

''Trump claims he has seen evidence of Covid-19 originating in Wuhan lab
When asked if he has seen anything that gives you a “high degree of confidence” that coronavirus originated at the Wuhan Institute of Virology, President Trump replied: “Yes, I have.”''

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #162 on May 01, 2020, 02:24:47 pm by Filo »

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #163 on May 01, 2020, 08:26:05 pm by scawsby steve »
Now there are sexual allegations being made against Sleepy Joe. Maybe they're untrue, but you know what political witch-hunts are like in the US.

What goes around comes around.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #164 on May 01, 2020, 09:07:01 pm by selby »
 I always liked the Mark Twain quotes
 If voting made a difference, they wouldn't let us do it.
 And,
 We have the best government money can buy
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 09:09:16 pm by selby »

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #165 on May 01, 2020, 09:08:27 pm by wilts rover »
Now there are sexual allegations being made against Sleepy Joe. Maybe they're untrue, but you know what political witch-hunts are like in the US.

Yes imagine America voting in a President who had sexual allegations hanging over them. It could never happpen...

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #166 on May 01, 2020, 09:30:36 pm by scawsby steve »

Yes imagine America voting in a President who had sexual allegations hanging over them. It could never happpen...

Dead true Wilts, but at least it puts it all on an even keel. Which is exactly my point.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #167 on May 01, 2020, 09:45:59 pm by wilts rover »

Dead true Wilts, but at least it puts it all on an even keel. Which is exactly my point.

JFK
Clinton

nah I reckon the Democrats are well ahead

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #168 on May 01, 2020, 09:53:51 pm by scawsby steve »

JFK
Clinton

Do you reckon JFK actually did give Marilyn one?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #169 on May 01, 2020, 10:39:07 pm by wilts rover »

JFK
Clinton

Do you reckon JFK actually did give Marilyn one?

He'd be a fool if he didn't and I never made him out to be a fool.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #170 on May 02, 2020, 07:18:46 am by Donnywolf »

I had to read that three times.

First twice I thought Trump's campaign manager was Joe Pasquale.

That would explain a lot.

... well he squeaked home v Hilary Clinton (although of course she got more votes than him across that great Land)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #171 on May 11, 2020, 12:14:38 pm by SydneyRover »
Just watching a US PBS prog on how the virus got into the US and Washington State indentified patient 1, not sure what the prog is called will post if I can find it.

Washington State had it sussed by Feb 4 and then were frustrated by you know who, it's worth a watch if you can access it.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #172 on May 11, 2020, 12:18:28 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Big news that I'd missed over the weekend.

CV-19 appears to be running amok in the White House. Trump's personal valet has tested positive, as has one of Pence's personal assistants, and Stephen Miller, a senior Trump adviser.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #173 on May 11, 2020, 12:20:27 pm by SydneyRover »
Just watching a US PBS prog on how the virus got into the US and Washington State indentified patient 1, not sure what the prog is called will post if I can find it.

Washington State had it sussed by Feb 4 and then were frustrated by you know who, it's worth a watch if you can access it.

The prog is called 'Trump and Covid 19' of course it was.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #174 on May 11, 2020, 12:23:09 pm by SydneyRover »
Big news that I'd missed over the weekend.

CV-19 appears to be running amok in the White House. Trump's personal valet has tested positive, as has one of Pence's personal assistants, and Stephen Miller, a senior Trump adviser.

Not unexpected when you think about it for about a second.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #175 on May 12, 2020, 07:14:30 am by SydneyRover »
Do you know what the crime is ..................... do you know what day it is?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2020/may/12/you-know-what-the-is-trump-stumped-on-obamagate-details-video

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #176 on May 13, 2020, 08:39:54 am by SydneyRover »
''Australian arm of group that wrote to Trump peddling bleach as coronavirus cure fined $150,000
Product from Genesis II ‘healing church’ poses serious health risks, Therapeutic Goods Administration says, but it remains for sale on church website''

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/may/13/healing-church-fined-150000-in-australia-over-selling-bleach-as-coronavirus-cure

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #177 on May 13, 2020, 11:53:33 am by SydneyRover »
It appears the problems in care homes is widely spread

''US nursing homes seek legal immunity as Covid-19 spreads ‘like brushfire’
Healthcare organizations insist protections are essential for under-resourced facilities as horror stories enrage families''

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/13/us-nursing-homes-legal-immunity-coronavirus

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #178 on May 14, 2020, 12:20:36 am by SydneyRover »
Fauci has warned that there will be serious consequenses if the US lockdown is lifted too early.

This is a direct warning to trump saying if you do it it's on your head if it all turns to mud you can't come back to blame and fire me. At least there is someone with balls left.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #179 on May 14, 2020, 12:42:39 am by BillyStubbsTears »
A leading virologist in the USA is testifying to Congress shortly. His written statement has been released. In it he says, "Without clear planning...2020 will be the darkest winter in modern history."

That has chilled me to the bone.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012