Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:42:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Trump and democracy  (Read 52667 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Re: Trump and democracy
« Reply #90 on April 24, 2020, 02:58:43 pm by silent majority »
The worst of it all... he will win the next election. The democrats have put forward a candidate who literally can not string two coherent sentences together and has a trail of sexual abuse claims behind him. Said it with Hilary and I will say it with Biden.

It truly is something to despair over.
I agree. I don't see any way Trump loses, I really don't.

On a lighter (scarier?) note, in case anyone hasn't seen the Las Vegas mayor interview yet: https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/1253323490356166663?s=20

Brain cells in short supply. To fill hotel beds you need tourists, and aeroplanes, and people in work. Doh!!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #91 on April 24, 2020, 03:01:01 pm by silent majority »
BST,

All that could change shortly. Those south eastern states are colluding to ensure they can get back to work asap.

Maybe the penny will drop at some point when they start dropping like flies.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on April 24, 2020, 04:56:28 pm by IDM »
..or when there’s a cluster of deaths from self-injecting bleach.!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on April 24, 2020, 05:01:30 pm by Filo »
Sod the booze Professor Trump has spoken 😂😂

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on April 24, 2020, 06:06:49 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BST,

All that could change shortly. Those south eastern states are colluding to ensure they can get back to work asap.

I cannot understand what is pushing Republicans to press for a relaxation of the suppression strategy. It cannot be politically motivated. If they go back to business as usual, even at the lower end of the predictions, there will be a million deaths over the summer and the health system will cease to function. Add if the number of key workers who will be off for weeks with non-fatal doses and the carnage is barely imaginable. They'll be hounded out of office across the country in November if they allow that to happen.

So why are they driving for it? Is it just rank stupidity?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on April 24, 2020, 06:08:40 pm by Filo »
BST,

I cannot understand what is pushing Republicans to press for a relaxation of the suppression strategy. It cannot be politically motivated. If they go back to business as usual, even at the lower end of the predictions, there will be a million deaths over the summer and the health system will cease to function. Add if the number of key workers who will be off for weeks with non-fatal doses and the carnage is barely imaginable. They'll be hounded out of office across the country in November if they allow that to happen.

It’s America, rank stupidity is in their make up, especially the rednecks

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on April 24, 2020, 06:14:28 pm by Sprotyrover »
BST,

It’s America, rank stupidity is in their make up, especially the rednecks

Maybe Trump could demonstrate (on himself) how to inject Domestos ?

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on April 24, 2020, 07:13:02 pm by BigH »
Trump is a great communicator. It's what he does best.

And he's playing the American electorate for all it's worth right now.

The only thing that matters to him is the re-polarisation of his vote. After all what has he got to lose?

Play to their ignorance and prejudices. Lie. Lie some more. It worked last time. He hopes that it'll work again.

The worst thing that can happen? He loses a job that he's probably fed up of.

And you know what? Boris Johnson is just the same.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on April 24, 2020, 07:44:42 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Maybe I'm missing something about the US election, but I don't understand why people on the left think Trump is a shoo-in now Sanders has stepped down.

The Deomocrats need to win Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Michigan or Florida plus one of those three. They are well ahead in the first three and neck and neck in Florida according to polls.

And straight Biden-vs-Trump polls have Biden well ahead nationally, and doing much, much better than Sanders did on the same polling question.

Anyway. Here's a slam dunk election winning poster.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EWYLUDrXYAEe4Vm?format=jpg&name=small

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on April 24, 2020, 08:38:47 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
BST,

Or could it be something as cynical as:

Poor people with crap medical cover + greater spread of Covid-19 = bigger proportion of dead poor people = fewer Democrat voters? :silly:

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #100 on April 24, 2020, 09:08:41 pm by BigH »
BST,

Or could it be something as cynical as:

Poor people with crap medical cover + greater spread of Covid-19 = bigger proportion of dead poor people = fewer Democrat voters? :silly:
Too thought out.

I'd go with rank stupidity.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on April 24, 2020, 09:10:42 pm by scawsby steve »
If Trump does win, the Rovers foodbank gets £80 instead of £50.

Silver linings and all that?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on April 24, 2020, 09:36:36 pm by wilts rover »
I think the American left not believing Biden can beat Trump is down to how they think he will fare in the tv debates - which are supposed to play a big part in the US elections.

Personally I would be very surprised to see the elections held this November - why would Trump hold them if he thinks he might loose and he can 'postpone' them for the pandemic. There wont be a vaccine by then.

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on April 24, 2020, 10:07:00 pm by BigH »
If Trump does win, the Rovers foodbank gets £80 instead of £50.

Silver linings and all that?
Absolutely SS. I think we're all praying for it now aren't we.

F*c* me.

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #104 on April 24, 2020, 10:08:22 pm by BigH »
I think the American left not believing Biden can beat Trump is down to how they think he will fare in the tv debates - which are supposed to play a big part in the US elections.

Personally I would be very surprised to see the elections held this November - why would Trump hold them if he thinks he might loose and he can 'postpone' them for the pandemic. There wont be a vaccine by then.
To be fair to Trump I don't think it'll be his decision.

The Republican Party will decide how to play it.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on April 25, 2020, 10:26:31 am by SydneyRover »
sorry bst have I questioned this, I'm well aware of the unemployment in the USA?

Sorry Sydney. That was an answer to Selby.

understandable

Sandy Lane

• VSC Member
« Reply #106 on April 25, 2020, 04:22:16 pm by Sandy Lane »
Hi all, hope you are doing well.  Best wishes to those who are sick or know someone who is.  Sadly, I can’t see this ending anytime soon, particularly here in the US - with a fractured Federal government and an incompetent lunatic in charge.  I hope Boris is smarter after his brush with death and makes more informed decisions regarding your country.

But after reading this thread and also the Coronavirus thread, I just wanted to address some of your posts about politics here in the US.  Here is some information which you can take or leave.  But tbh, sometimes I despair reading these threads so have not read them as much of late.  But here goes:

Trumps’s daily “covid19 briefings” aka political rallies are showing his base how bat sh*t crazy he really is.  They can ignore the back and forth of politics, but they are seeing - daily - how he lies and has not led the nation during this crisis.  The buck will stop with him and the deaths of thousands of people are directly attributable to his failure to act sooner.  And people know this.

As for Biden - all polls show Biden ahead and by some accounts is expected to win by a landslide. But I wanted to say to CIM that he does not have dementia but has a problem with stuttering and has his whole life.  I also used to get nervous when hearing him hesitate when speaking, but I also see him doing a great job at other times.  He himself has explained this during his town hall meetings.  The disinformation on having dementia is being put out by Trumpists to discredit him.  Also, there are not many many women accusing him of sexual misconduct (even though he can get too close at times and sort of creepy).  There is one and she is not being taken seriously, so may also be a set up.  But I’m just not sure. 

So while many may think Americans are “stupid” for electing Trump, please remember that Hillary Clinton should have won but for Russian interference and imho Comey’s untimely reopening of her email debate within ten days of the election.

If there is a silver lining in this, it’s that we are all seeing Trump hoisted with his own petard every day as he tries to downplay this epidemic as people are dying-  which he ignores - and talks himself up.

I’ll try to post a link to a letter sent to our governor, Gov Cuomo (thank the lord for him) from a farmer in the heartland who sees through Trump and thanks Cuomo for giving us the truth. It made me cry and gave me hope.

Please take care of yourselves and your loved ones.

https://twitter.com/NYGovCuomo/status/1253729749177970689

P.S.  If anyone was wondering, Trump can’t cancel the election though he may try.  It’s a law and would need congress to pass legislation - but that won’t happen.  Also, according to an amendment to the constitution the president’s and Vice President’s terms end on January 20, so if elections were not held, their terms would expire and Pelosi would probably be in charge

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on April 25, 2020, 05:48:46 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
How can Trump cancel the election when according to him there's nothing to worry about? :silly:

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on April 25, 2020, 08:58:52 pm by wilts rover »
At least 30 New Yorkers ingested household cleaner (and were hospitalised) after Trump told them to try it

https://twitter.com/dabeard/status/1253900585952313345

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #109 on April 25, 2020, 09:40:35 pm by BigH »
More fool them.

Eejits.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on April 25, 2020, 09:52:21 pm by Filo »
At least 30 New Yorkers ingested household cleaner (and were hospitalised) after Trump told them to try it

Natural selection!

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #111 on April 25, 2020, 09:56:31 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Natural selection!

You try telling that to the Creationists in the Bible Belt! :lol:

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #112 on April 25, 2020, 10:08:38 pm by Metalmicky »
We could choose Donalds way.........  Slange Var folks!!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on April 25, 2020, 10:11:12 pm by drfchound »

I wasn’t aware that Trump had told anyone to try it.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #114 on April 25, 2020, 10:51:39 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Rather disingenuous.

He's the President of the USA.

The Leader of the Free World.

The LEADER. People look to leaders for leadership in crises. Especially desperate people.

The man is an utter Kitson. A moral vacuum. He doesn't give a f**k who he hurts. He's repulsive.

But no. You're right. He didn't tell anyone to do it. By his claims he was just trolling the Press.

What a decline from FDR and JFK to this waste of skin. Pathetically making up an excuse that he is trolling the Press in the middle of a catastrophe, to hide his own narcissistic f**king stupidity.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on April 25, 2020, 11:02:53 pm by drfchound »

Rather disingenuous.

He's the President of the USA.

The Leader of the Free World.

The LEADER. People look to leaders for leadership in crises. Especially desperate people.

The man is an utter Kitson. A moral vacuum. He doesn't give a f**k who he hurts. He's repulsive.

But no. You're right. He didn't tell anyone to do it. By his claims he was just trolling the Press.

What a decline from FDR and JFK to this waste of skin. Pathetically making up an excuse that he is trolling the Press in the middle of a catastrophe, to hide his own narcissistic f**king stupidity.

You won’t find an argument from me to all of that BST.
There is no way he was being sarcastic, the man is crazy in a very dangerous way.
And.....no he didn’t actually tell anyone to try it, I am glad you agree.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #116 on April 25, 2020, 11:27:13 pm by IDM »
No, he seemed to be asking his scientific advisor to see if it could be done..

As if he needed to ask.!

Utter bell end.. I wouldn’t wish him on Leeds.!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 09:05:48 am by IDM »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #117 on April 25, 2020, 11:38:52 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
No, he seemed to be asking his scientific advisor to see if it could be done..

As if he needed to ask.!

Utter hell end.. I wouldn’t wish him on Leeds.!

And like I said yesterday. It was obvious that he's actually asked those questions of his advisor in private, and she's been unable to say "No Mr President, we are NOT doing that, it is insane and dangerous" when he suggests something insane and dangerous. THAT is the truly frightening thing. He's such a sensitive ickle wickle ting that no-one dares contradict him.

Democracies only operate when you have strong people near the top, willing to speak truth to power. And leaders prepared to listen.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #118 on April 26, 2020, 08:36:33 am by wilts rover »

Why do you think 30 New Yorkers did then hound?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #119 on April 26, 2020, 10:28:50 am by Filo »
The man child refused to do a briefing yesterday saying it was not worth the time and effort because of the media hostile questions! De dums 😂😂😂

TinyPortal © 2005-2012