Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 04:45:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Trump and democracy  (Read 53765 times)

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
Re: Trump and democracy
« Reply #570 on November 05, 2020, 02:13:05 pm by i_ateallthepies »
I listened to US expert earlier explaining that the Supreme Court would not rule to overturn the result, that would be out of the question (and Trump knows that) but what they will do is rule politically with a verdict that gives Trump cover against the legal difficulties he inevitably faces after the presidency.
He didn't elaborate on how that would be but might be a more logical explanation of the path that Trump is taking.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #571 on November 05, 2020, 05:12:28 pm by Ldr »
Thing is, there's a huge community in the US who only get their news from Fox and self-supporting online groups. I do think they genuinely believe that the only way Trump can lose is by the Democrats stealing the election. They simply weren't prepared for the possibility of him losing fairly. And they genuinely believe that they have a duty to protect democracy. It's very scary.

Why does this make me think of the eu referendum 🤔

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #572 on November 05, 2020, 06:02:23 pm by Donnywolf »
Just watching clashes outside Philadelpihia Count station with all the people Trump mobilised with "they are stealing the Election from you" and the group of people who are desperate for democracy to prevail by supporting the people inside who have promised " to count every legal vote" to respect everyones right to vote - and for that vote to be counted

How bizarre that a nation that sends observers to far flung countries to help them and oversee their Elections to provide a fair result had degenerated into such a sh*t heap of stupidity

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #573 on November 05, 2020, 06:08:45 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Thing is, there's a huge community in the US who only get their news from Fox and self-supporting online groups. I do think they genuinely believe that the only way Trump can lose is by the Democrats stealing the election. They simply weren't prepared for the possibility of him losing fairly. And they genuinely believe that they have a duty to protect democracy. It's very scary.

Dunno Ldr. I don't think anyone suggests that votes were not counted correctly in the EU Referendum, due to a plot to steal the result.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #574 on November 05, 2020, 06:18:18 pm by selby »
  Wasn't there questions asked about some votes in a bye election in Peterborough?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #575 on November 05, 2020, 07:16:13 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Weren't there?

yes there were questions asked. By Farage because he lost. It turned out there was no fraud when the election was investigated.

Birds of a feather eh Trump and Farage? Lose elections and then make shit up about fraud, which, in your case, seems to get filed away in the memory.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #576 on November 05, 2020, 09:15:10 pm by Ldr »

Dunno Ldr. I don't think anyone suggests that votes were not counted correctly in the EU Referendum, due to a plot to steal the result.

Am sure several on here wouldnt accept that Leave could win without foul play was the point i was making

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #577 on November 05, 2020, 09:44:02 pm by IDM »
I don?t think anyone ever claimed foul play in that vote itself..

Plenty of bullshit in the campaign, and lies, and the ?350 million big red bus etc..

But no one questioned the validity of the vote.  Methinks you?re stirring up old differences, for why I have no idea.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #578 on November 06, 2020, 11:35:59 am by SydneyRover »
Has anyone got their hands on one the trump bog brushes, they could be a collector's item in a few years?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #579 on November 06, 2020, 01:39:44 pm by Campsall rover »
Russia & China think this is hilarious. USA making Democracy look farcical.

Just playing into their hands. Big time.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #580 on November 06, 2020, 02:25:02 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Steve Bannon today.

https://mobile.twitter.com/FrankFigliuzzi1/status/1324485819042705408

He's there. On tape. Talking about civil war and beheading the head of the FBI and America's chief COVID policy medic.

Just...speechless.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #581 on November 06, 2020, 02:27:26 pm by SydneyRover »
He can't be charged with incitement to commit a crime in the US?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #582 on November 06, 2020, 02:27:46 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Here are some of Bannon's mates by the way. Nice bunch.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BrexitBin/status/1324705316764864513

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #583 on November 06, 2020, 02:36:06 pm by EasyforDennis »
Interesting to see all the news channels cutting him off as he is still is giving out false information and lies.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #584 on November 06, 2020, 04:01:08 pm by i_ateallthepies »

First time I've seen that Senator McCain concession speech.  Wow! You could see in his face how sincerely he meant every word.  2008, my God, how rapidly a nation can toss itself into the gutter.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #585 on November 06, 2020, 05:16:21 pm by MachoMadness »

First time I've seen that Senator McCain concession speech.  Wow! You could see in his face how sincerely he meant every word.  2008, my God, how rapidly a nation can toss itself into the gutter.
You can see the beginnings of it though. The crowd starts off booing his mention of Obama. Now, McCain had enough decency to shut it down straight away. All it took was a bloke who wasn't willing to shut those boos down, but to agitate them more.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #586 on November 06, 2020, 06:00:57 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Interesting that it never used to happen before America elected a black President. It's like that lit a touch paper.

After Trump's unhinged press conference last night, I watched a discussion on CNN about it. One contributor called it right. he said, look at the places that Trump is complaining about vote fraud. Detroit, Philadelphia, Atlanta. All cities where blacks are the biggest demographic group. He said it was so horrifyingly obvious what Trump was doing - playing to the racism of the rural and suburban whites - telling them that it is the black cities that have stolen their election.

That is a terrifying thing for a President of the USA to be doing.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #587 on November 06, 2020, 06:10:26 pm by IDM »
Can he be prosecuted for slander against a whole section of the population.?

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #588 on November 06, 2020, 08:39:42 pm by MachoMadness »
Interesting that it never used to happen before America elected a black President. It's like that lit a touch paper.

After Trump's unhinged press conference last night, I watched a discussion on CNN about it. One contributor called it right. he said, look at the places that Trump is complaining about vote fraud. Detroit, Philadelphia, Atlanta. All cities where blacks are the biggest demographic group. He said it was so horrifyingly obvious what Trump was doing - playing to the racism of the rural and suburban whites - telling them that it is the black cities that have stolen their election.

And, of course, Trump's whole political career started as a result of pushing the racist Birther conspiracy theory. I can't remember if he started that before or after Obama made fun of him at the White House correspondents dinner. But Trump has had issues with black people for decades regardless.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #589 on November 06, 2020, 08:42:36 pm by Filo »

And, of course, Trump's whole political career started as a result of pushing the racist Birther conspiracy theory. I can't remember if he started that before or after Obama made fun of him at the White House correspondents dinner. But Trump has had issues with black people for decades regardless.

He?s gonna cry big time if he gets a black prison guard

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #590 on November 06, 2020, 09:03:51 pm by IDM »
We are good friends socially with a family originating in Colorado.  They are Republican supporting generally but feel embarrassed by the current pantomime and by Trump.

I don?t know enough about homeland USA issues to say whether or not a Republican or Democrat government is better for them, but there most be millions of like minded genuine Republican supporters who are tearing their hair out at the antics of the current presidential incumbent.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 09:42:55 pm by IDM »

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #591 on November 06, 2020, 09:38:11 pm by ravenrover »

He?s gonna cry big time if he gets a black prison guard
Especially of he drops his soap

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #592 on November 06, 2020, 09:50:02 pm by Bentley Bullet »
That's lifebuoy.

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #593 on November 07, 2020, 09:09:07 am by BigH »

Macho, it was before that night at the correspondents' dinner. Obama clearly taunted Trump that night but he had it coming having peddled the birther nonsense and the claim that Obama wasn't eligible to be US President as a result.

Trump started it.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 10:41:16 am by BigH »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #594 on November 07, 2020, 11:02:24 am by Campsall rover »
That's lifebuoy.
BB your getting worse. Your jokes are far too slippery for me.  :chair:

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #595 on November 07, 2020, 01:03:48 pm by idler »
That's lifebuoy.
Too much soft soaping and you'll get barred.😳

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #596 on November 07, 2020, 01:06:30 pm by Bentley Bullet »
That's lifebuoy.
Too much soft soaping and you'll get barred.😳

it certainly Lux that way.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #597 on November 07, 2020, 01:10:35 pm by idler »
Or as Popeye said. "Get that in your palm Olive".🤔

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #598 on November 07, 2020, 01:19:21 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Or as Popeye said. "Get that in your palm Olive".🤔

I've heard they do allow prisoners to come in Pears these days.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #599 on November 07, 2020, 01:21:24 pm by idler »
That left me foaming BB.😳

TinyPortal © 2005-2012