Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:20:28 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Congratualtions Keir Starmer  (Read 80760 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Congratualtions Keir Starmer
« Reply #600 on May 21, 2020, 05:02:48 pm by Filo »
Yes, this is what an effective Leader of the Opposition can achieve

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52761052

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #601 on May 21, 2020, 05:06:53 pm by bpoolrover »
They backed them since the nineties for around 12 years and slated and made ridiculous claims against the tories and not once did I hear a labour voter moan, so things change no doubt when labour get in or look like they will they will prob turn back to labour

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #602 on May 21, 2020, 05:07:02 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Starmer is very good at pmqs the downside is I’m not sure how many votes it will win labour as at a guess and it is a guess the people who watch pmqs normally no who they will vote for

Yes, but do the no how to spell thou though?

Come on bpool, you clearly can spell but you choose consistently to write those two words deliberately wrong.  Show a bit of consideration for those who take the trouble to read your posts and stop being bloody lazy.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #603 on May 21, 2020, 05:08:28 pm by bpoolrover »
Is that all you have to worry about at the minute?

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #604 on May 21, 2020, 05:11:20 pm by i_ateallthepies »
is that your best answer?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #605 on May 21, 2020, 05:41:01 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
It's an urban myth that the Sun won it for Blair. Blair was going to win in 97 even if The Sun had "found" pictures of him impaling babies on sticks. What the Syn did was make sure it was allied with the winner.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #606 on May 21, 2020, 06:05:14 pm by bpoolrover »
is that your best answer?
its my only answer as not getting into a row over spelling and grammar, might as week go back to the old site and ban people who are not upto a certain standard

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #607 on May 21, 2020, 08:21:39 pm by Jonathan »
Performance at PMQs is probably overplayed a bit. The value is in what it can achieve in probing government policy and holding the government to account. This is where Starmer really has excelled. The tone at PMQs has shone the spotlight on the care home failure, brought it into focus, forced promises on testing and tracing that the government is now under pressure to deliver. And now it has has helped to bring about a u-turn in policy that was desperately needed in the interests of fairness and decency. And the pressure to make that specific change now reflects a significant step on the ladder towards changing the whole narrative on immigration.

Well played sir.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #608 on May 21, 2020, 10:45:29 pm by SydneyRover »
Hopefully the new speaker will keep the braying masses in check when parliament fully resumes.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #609 on May 21, 2020, 11:07:54 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
The Speaker dealt with Hancock brilliantly yesterday. None of Bercow's over the top acting. Just a blunt Lancashire accent, smacking him down, "Do you want to leave the Chamber? We're in maximum numbers and I'd be only too happy."
That's how to deal with stroppy kids.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #610 on May 22, 2020, 09:10:16 am by SydneyRover »
yep I watched it, it's a good sign and hopefully he'll keep the whole lot in check to allow important detail to be debated.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #611 on May 22, 2020, 03:06:40 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Performance at PMQs is probably overplayed a bit. The value is in what it can achieve in probing government policy and holding the government to account. This is where Starmer really has excelled. The tone at PMQs has shone the spotlight on the care home failure, brought it into focus, forced promises on testing and tracing that the government is now under pressure to deliver. And now it has has helped to bring about a u-turn in policy that was desperately needed in the interests of fairness and decency. And the pressure to make that specific change now reflects a significant step on the ladder towards changing the whole narrative on immigration.

Well played sir.

Those two words, Jonathan explain why this government could so easily trip itself up in a way that would have most in the country scratching their heads at its incompetence.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #612 on May 22, 2020, 04:25:32 pm by Jonathan »

Well played sir.

Those two words, Jonathan explain why this government could so easily trip itself up in a way that would have most in the country scratching their heads at its incompetence.

Given that Prime Minister has built his apparent success on standing up as a vociferous force against the principles of fairness and decency, it’s easy to see why they were (to use Michael Gove’s term) a little off beam in the first place.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #613 on May 23, 2020, 08:46:24 pm by Bentley Bullet »
The Speaker dealt with Hancock brilliantly yesterday. None of Bercow's over the top acting. Just a blunt Lancashire accent, smacking him down, "Do you want to leave the Chamber? We're in maximum numbers and I'd be only too happy."
That's how to deal with stroppy kids.

You mean the new speaker who you hope is going to be to the Labour Party what Mike Russell was to Portsmouth FC?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #614 on May 23, 2020, 09:41:57 pm by wilts rover »
Just wondering how the opinion polls for Starmer are going. Anyone know?

https://twitter.com/georgeeaton/status/1264285856677888006

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #615 on May 23, 2020, 09:47:24 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Goodness. That's a remarkable turnaround.

Not only is Starmer mike's ahead in net approval, he's overtaken Johnson on the simple approval score.

Johnson has always been Marmite - high approval AND disapproval. For a brand new leader to overtake him on approval score after just a month in the job is way beyond anything Labour would have dreamed of.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #616 on May 23, 2020, 09:51:07 pm by wilts rover »

Goodness. That's a remarkable turnaround.

Not only is Starmer mike's ahead in net approval, he's overtaken Johnson on the simple approval score.

Johnson has always been Marmite - high approval AND disapproval. For a brand new leader to overtake him on approval score after just a month in the job is way beyond anything Labour would have dreamed of.

And that was done last week before this current fiasco.

Lets hope the government get this tracking app working soon - then they can use it to find Johnson.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #618 on May 29, 2020, 07:51:57 pm by wilts rover »
Keir Starmer opens up 20 point lead over Johnson in public approval. Including 26% of 2019 Tory voters.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2020/05/keir-starmer-boris-johnson-approval-pandemic-response

26 points in this poll

https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/1266419588784406529

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #619 on May 29, 2020, 07:56:25 pm by bpoolrover »
While good for labour we have been here before in different polls the only result that matters is in the general election, so many times on this forum before the last election we were told the gal is closing and it’s a hung parliament

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #620 on May 29, 2020, 08:16:30 pm by wilts rover »
While good for labour we have been here before in different polls the only result that matters is in the general election, so many times on this forum before the last election we were told the gal is closing and it’s a hung parliament

You are totally correct. Feel free to reveal in Cummings & Johnson's victory and tell us how well they are doing any time you like.

I posted a couple of polls because I thought they they were interesting and I was interested.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #621 on May 29, 2020, 08:24:39 pm by Donnywolf »

Even the pollsters got a few results spectacularly WRONG recently and they spend millions when in truth as you point out there is just one Poll that matters - the real one

The only one I attach any creedance to are exit Polls which seem to be spectacularly accurate and so at 10.02 on December the 12th  I went to bed gutted that Liar Johnson had won a comprehensive victory

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #622 on May 29, 2020, 08:37:32 pm by tyke1962 »
While good for labour we have been here before in different polls the only result that matters is in the general election, so many times on this forum before the last election we were told the gal is losing and it’s a hung parliament

Generally when labels get stuck on government's they generally stay stuck on .

Remember the early 90's and the sleaze surrounding the Tories , David Mellor and co   :lol:

Starmer is playing a cunning strategy , he's not attacking them with opinion he's strangling them with their own words and exposing them as the liars they are .

He's coming across as the credible man in a crisis , calm , assured , intelligent and controlled .

The very type of man who should be leading a country whether that be Tory or Labour .

The electorate are moving towards him by Starmer just being himself .

Exactly the type of man middle England look towards .

The Cummings affair has seriously damaged Johnson amongst first time Tory voters , I was always of the opinion they would be sacrificed anyway and had served their purpose getting him elected .

The Great Brexit Betrayal will finish them off .

My money is on a Labour victory in four years time with a majority of 30 .

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #623 on May 29, 2020, 10:45:04 pm by SydneyRover »

While many would have taken it as a loss that that johnson put his personal need for cummings over the country's need for integrity the poll above is the real win because if johnson would have fired cummings immediately and there was no change in the polls nothing would have changed, however it has and the opposition and supporters are revitalised.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #624 on May 29, 2020, 11:09:15 pm by bpoolrover »

While many would have taken it as a loss that that johnson put his personal need for cummings over the country's need for integrity the poll above is the real win because if johnson would have fired cummings immediately and there was no change in the polls nothing would have changed, however it has and the opposition and supporters are revitalised.
they were revitalised on Election Day and look what happened! So Sydney should corbyn be kicked out of the Labour Party for his actions! Yes or no?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #625 on May 29, 2020, 11:22:12 pm by SydneyRover »
What has Corbyn said when asked or interviewed by the police?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #626 on May 29, 2020, 11:27:12 pm by SydneyRover »
The mail and the sun did get his side of the story right bp?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #627 on May 29, 2020, 11:29:25 pm by SydneyRover »
So iyou and bb have been carrying on like two bob watches and you haven't even got the full story yet?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #628 on May 29, 2020, 11:51:58 pm by bpoolrover »
Yes or no Sydney?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #629 on May 30, 2020, 12:58:15 am by SydneyRover »
no until you get the whole story, the photo and statement has to be confirmed by Corbyn and the police, that's only fair, what time is it?  :) :)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012