Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:26:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: No Brexit Extension  (Read 92106 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Re: No Brexit Extension
« Reply #30 on May 12, 2020, 09:05:59 pm by selby »
 Billy, I hope and think that you personally don't think that way, your on a crusade and have been for four years, but I can accept and hope you do not feel so alienated.
  But I agree with BB, there is a large faction of the left in this country that think themselves educationally superior and want the country under a Tory government to fail on practically every thing they do.
 The education system is infiltrated with them especially higher education, and the entertainment and media industry. It was not a surprise when one slipped up wanting the PM to actually die the other day, then put on the face of someone with memory loss, she meant every word and a lot  think the same sad barstewards.
  In my lifetime I have lived through Labour and Tory governments fighting unions, not just Tories, Tory governments have ripped the working man off, as labour has when skimming off pensions and led the country into an illegal war, and both have shut down industry.
  But the biggest resentment of people getting on and doing well for themselves has always come from the left, and still are, getting labelled portrayed  baby boomers and the obvious envy of a generation that  have a year out, start work three years after their grandparents, and basically think that everyone has had it easy but them.
  This country has just had more thrown at it than ever before in peace time  and rightly so, but is still getting stick from people who think it is clever to try and score political points.
   Think yourselves lucky Corbyn didn't win the election with May at his first attempt, that money would not have been in this country to throw at it.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on May 12, 2020, 09:12:11 pm by IDM »
People don’t want the government to fail, more that they think others may do better.. 

We’ll see, next election.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on May 12, 2020, 09:21:09 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
  Sydney, it is quite clear now, we would like a free trade deal similar to what other countries have got with the EU such as Canada, we also will not be beholden to the EU courts. If they do not agree that, then we leave at the end of the year and trade under World Trade rules.
  The free trade rules are what we trade under now with other countries such as the USA so are known to both parties, the Eu courts will have no jurisdiction so there is nothing to agree only a few minor points, manufacturing standards we already adhere to and have agreed to the same standards or better.
  We also already trade with nations under WTO rules, and both parties know the end date.
  Barnier is not saying tic tock tic tock now, he is saying it is a short time to get an agreement. That is because it is his arse that is in the firing line buddy.

Utter rubbish. Who have NO such agreement with the US. Why are you peddling this lie?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on May 12, 2020, 09:23:32 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
  Sydney, it is quite clear now, we would like a free trade deal similar to what other countries have got with the EU such as Canada, we also will not be beholden to the EU courts. If they do not agree that, then we leave at the end of the year and trade under World Trade rules.
  The free trade rules are what we trade under now with other countries such as the USA so are known to both parties, the Eu courts will have no jurisdiction so there is nothing to agree only a few minor points, manufacturing standards we already adhere to and have agreed to the same standards or better.
  We also already trade with nations under WTO rules, and both parties know the end date.
  Barnier is not saying tic tock tic tock now, he is saying it is a short time to get an agreement. That is because it is his arse that is in the firing line buddy.

I'd love to know who you think one of these nations are.

Because NO WTO member country trades on WTO terms only.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 09:30:54 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on May 12, 2020, 09:26:44 pm by drfchound »

Utter rubbish. Who have NO such agreement with the US. Why are you peddling this lie?

He didn’t say we HAVE a trade deal with the USA.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on May 12, 2020, 09:31:41 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

He is saying we have a FTA with the US. And we don't.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on May 12, 2020, 09:34:35 pm by selby »
  IDM, that's the funny thing the elite thinking left have not rumbled, all the new house holders in the new estates in former pit villages and industrial towns don't think of themselves as labour supporters they have moved on, Labour is now the strongest in the high rise blocks in cities and in the immigrant areas.
  The boundaries of constituencies because of population in those areas are going to be changed before the next election mostly to the advantage of the Tories. Labour will be hard pushed to overcome the odds.
 Glyn I didn't proof read meant to be World trade, apologies

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on May 12, 2020, 09:35:51 pm by wilts rover »
Think yourselves lucky Corbyn didn't win the election with May at his first attempt, that money would not have been in this country to throw at it.

Fake news.

What money? It's all borrowed. The national debt has nearly doubled under the Tories. Even before this crises the money Johnson was going to use finance his spending plans from the magic money tree.

https://www.economicshelp.org/blog/334/uk-economy/uk-national-debt/

You wait and see who is going to pay it off for him. The only people with money in this country are the billionaires and pensioners. And the billionaires are not going to hang around very long if their taxes go up.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on May 12, 2020, 09:36:49 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Glyn I didn't proof read meant to be World trade, apologies

If that's in relation to you using WTO, that stands for World Trade Organisation and is the same thing.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on May 12, 2020, 10:02:09 pm by drfchound »

No he didn't, he said “with other countries SUCH AS the USA.“

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on May 12, 2020, 10:08:55 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

No he didn't, he said “with other countries SUCH AS the USA.“

Which means INCLUDING the US.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on May 12, 2020, 10:10:56 pm by IDM »
What do you think “such as”’in the context of that sentence - the whole sentence as highlighted in bold?

To me it reads as “including”.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on May 12, 2020, 10:14:29 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
What do you think “such as”’in the context of that sentence - the whole sentence as highlighted in bold?

Exactly. Why would anyone mention a country that the description doesn't apply to instead of one that it does apply to?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on May 12, 2020, 10:22:07 pm by drfchound »

Exactly. Why would anyone mention a country that the description doesn't apply to instead of one that it does apply to?

Well it depends on how you interpret his words.
Just because I think it is different to you doesn’t mean I am wrong.
Do you two always hunt in packs by the way.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on May 12, 2020, 10:26:46 pm by IDM »
I only post for myself, and I can’t see how that sentence could be interpreted any differently whatsoever, sorry Hound.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on May 12, 2020, 10:33:06 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I only post for myself, and I can’t see how that sentence could be interpreted any differently whatsoever, sorry Hound.

Not unless Selby is so stupid as to use an example that doesn't apply to the description he's using? I don't think he is, but hound must do.

EDIT: I see selby is looking at this thread right now. Perhaps he can explain to us exactly what he meant.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 10:36:07 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on May 12, 2020, 10:33:37 pm by drfchound »

No need to apologise.
I saw it differently to you, as we did with the Maradonna goal.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on May 12, 2020, 10:35:25 pm by drfchound »

Not unless Selby is so stupid as to use an example that doesn't apply to the description he's using? I don't think he is, but hound must do.

That reply shows the difference between people.
IDM was very polite and Glyn was.........well he was Glyn Wigley.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 10:37:41 pm by drfchound »

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on May 12, 2020, 10:44:18 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Aye, someone who doesn't think that "The free trade rules are what we trade under now with other countries such as the USA" actually means "The free trade rules are what we trade under now with other countries such as the USA, but not the USA itself".

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on May 12, 2020, 10:45:33 pm by IDM »

No need to apologise.

No worries Hound..

If I was to say

“I enjoy the rivalries that we have now with other clubs such as the Millers”

that implies we do have a rivalry with Rotherham, doesn’t it.?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on May 12, 2020, 10:48:50 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

No need to apologise.

No worries Hound..

If I was to say

Or how about "This forum is full of people who don't understand basic English such as drfchound."?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on May 12, 2020, 10:56:33 pm by selby »
  Or how clever some are on here hey Glyn well done.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on May 12, 2020, 11:00:29 pm by drfchound »

No need to apologise.

No worries Hound..

If I was to say

Or how about "This forum is full of people who don't understand basic English such as drfchound."?

You still continue with the rude responses.
Says lots about you.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on May 12, 2020, 11:01:59 pm by IDM »

No need to apologise.

No worries Hound..

If I was to say

That’s a bit unnecessary.. I don’t think his interpretation was deliberately provocative.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on May 12, 2020, 11:04:57 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

No need to apologise.

No worries Hound..

If I was to say

You still continue with the rude responses.
Says lots about you.

Why is it rude? According to your way of thinking, the description doesn't necessarily apply to the example given. Or do you now think it does?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on May 12, 2020, 11:06:59 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
  Or how clever some are on here hey Glyn well done.

Are you going to enlighten us as to what you actually meant so there's no need for all this?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on May 16, 2020, 08:32:37 am by SydneyRover »
It doesn't matter which one you read first but the second is going to make it tough for the first one to acheive 'taking back control'

‘’British negotiator gives EU two-week deadline to drop 'ideological' stance
David Frost says there has been ‘very little progress’ in talks with Michel Barnier as clock ticks on’’

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/15/negotiators-gloomy-as-eu-uk-brexit-talks-end-in-stalemate

‘’ Brexit trade deal: Who really owns UK fishing quotas?’’

https://www.bbc.com/news/52420116?intlink_from_url=https://www.bbc.com/news/uk&link_location=live-reporting-story

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on May 21, 2020, 09:14:41 am by SydneyRover »
''No-deal Brexit 'would overwhelm local emergency teams'

Leaked report warns local disaster planning already exhausted by coronavirus crisis''

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/21/no-deal-brexit-would-overwhelm-local-emergency-teams

Over to you brexiteers, what's the next move?

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on May 21, 2020, 11:06:58 am by phil old leake »
I can Starmer becoming more and more of a Tony Blair every day
Clever man but how he’s going to stop the likes of Long Bailey sticking their nose in and upsetting people is anyone’s guess

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on May 21, 2020, 11:40:36 am by Bentley Bullet »
This country doesn't want a left-leaning government. The only chance the Labour party (or any other party) has of winning a general election is to be right-leaning enough to sway public opinion to vote for them. If they gain power by pretending to be right-leaning, with the intention of switching direction once elected, they will have deceived the country in the very same way they accuse the Tories - by lying.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012