Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:44:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Channel crossing record beat.(again and again and again)  (Read 36890 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Channel crossing record beat.
« Reply #90 on July 29, 2021, 11:16:05 pm by SydneyRover »
''RNLI donations increase after migrant rescue criticism''

Looks as though there are still plenty willing to see people as human being rather than pawns of politicians and right wing rags.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-58009646

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on July 30, 2021, 09:01:43 am by Axholme Lion »
Loads of young men of fighting age coming from God knows where to gain access to our country and benefits system. How many are IS plants? Nobody knows, however you can have them live next door to yourself if you're happy with the situation.

I'd happy have them live next door to me.
Whereas if you did, I tell you to f*ck off every day for being a racist t**t and I'd let my dog shit all over your grass on the daily.

The true face of the left. :P

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on July 30, 2021, 09:22:02 am by Axholme Lion »
Completely disgusting how the RNLI are being used to ferry these economic migrants across from a safe country .

Wonder how this affects the RNLI response times for genuine people in distress .

Hopefully tge economic migrants get sent back ASAP to the first safe country they landed in .
Then if they still want to come to the UK,  they can apply through the proper channels .

Volunteers of the RNLI save anyone in distress at sea; it's disgusting how people like you are suggesting they should let people drown purely because of where they come from.
These asylum seekers are in distress, hence why the RNLI are helping.

If they are seeking asylum they aren't migrants, and they aren't breaking any laws by a) crossing the channel b) seeking asylum

Did I mention how its disgusting you would prefer these human beings drown at sea?

They are deliberately putting themselves in this dangerous position. What if through there selfish stupidity a member of the RNLI dies because of this? Try an answer which doesn't contain personal abuse this time if you can think of one. Because if you want to go down that route i can too.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on July 30, 2021, 12:29:04 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Completely disgusting how the RNLI are being used to ferry these economic migrants across from a safe country .

Wonder how this affects the RNLI response times for genuine people in distress .

Hopefully tge economic migrants get sent back ASAP to the first safe country they landed in .
Then if they still want to come to the UK,  they can apply through the proper channels .

Volunteers of the RNLI save anyone in distress at sea; it's disgusting how people like you are suggesting they should let people drown purely because of where they come from.

If they are seeking asylum they aren't migrants, and they aren't breaking any laws by a) crossing the channel b) seeking asylum

Did I mention how its disgusting you would prefer these human beings drown at sea?

They are deliberately putting themselves in this dangerous position. What if through there selfish stupidity a member of the RNLI dies because of this? Try an answer which doesn't contain personal abuse this time if you can think of one. Because if you want to go down that route i can too.

1. The rnli are amazingly well trained and skilled.
2. They are volunteers so choose to be there.
3. All lives are equal regardless of origin. 

Yes we should control criminals coming in but we shouldn't let them die.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on July 30, 2021, 01:09:27 pm by wilts rover »

Then it will be down to the UK government who still refuse to set up and implement a working asylum programme but instead are abrogatting their resposibilty under International Law, the UN Charter for Refugees and UN Law of the Sea, putting lives at risk for PR to appease the racists in the UK.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on July 30, 2021, 02:21:42 pm by Axholme Lion »
How many do we let in each year? 1,000, 10,000, 1,000,000? At what figure do we stop? Everyone is crying about a shortage of housing, this will only make it worse. I don't want to see more of the countryside paved over. Where does the water go to when we have built over the land? Where do the Deer and Hares live when there homes have been ploughed up?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on July 30, 2021, 03:32:58 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
You could just build upwards?  I do agree it can't be an open door but you cannot just let people die.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on July 30, 2021, 04:20:39 pm by selby »
  The Greeks are willing to

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on July 30, 2021, 06:35:37 pm by wilts rover »
All lives matter*

*unless they are terrified brown or black people fleeing war and persecution in a little boat

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on July 30, 2021, 06:48:32 pm by wilts rover »
How many do we let in each year? 1,000, 10,000, 1,000,000? At what figure do we stop? Everyone is crying about a shortage of housing, this will only make it worse. I don't want to see more of the countryside paved over. Where does the water go to when we have built over the land? Where do the Deer and Hares live when there homes have been ploughed up?

There are thought to be around 500000 empty properties in the UK - most of them second homes

https://metro.co.uk/2020/12/30/500000-homes-sitting-empty-in-uk-while-100000-families-are-homeless-13812966/

According to the latest gov figures 268000 have been empty for at least 6 months

https://www.bigissue.com/latest/how-many-empty-homes-are-there-in-the-uk/

Under International Law you allow those applicants who meet the criteria for seeking asylum. By governments own figures successful asylum applicats make up only 6% of immigrants to the UK.

In 2019, there were around 5 asylum applications for every 10,000 people living in the UK. Across the EU28 there were 14 asylum applications for every 10,000 people. The UK was therefore below the average among EU countries for asylum applications per head of population, ranking 17th among EU28 countries on this measure.

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/sn01403/

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #100 on July 30, 2021, 07:23:41 pm by bobjimwilly »
I always find it strange why anyone would be against immigration anyway? How do people think American became the most powerful, and at one point the richest, country in the world?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on July 30, 2021, 07:53:21 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Loads of young men of fighting age coming from God knows where to gain access to our country and benefits system. How many are IS plants? Nobody knows, however you can have them live next door to yourself if you're happy with the situation.

I'd happy have them live next door to me.
Whereas if you did, I tell you to f*ck off every day for being a racist t**t and I'd let my dog shit all over your grass on the daily.

The true face of the left. :P

I feel like advocating innocent men, women and children drown is more extreme than having a dog poo in front of your house.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on July 30, 2021, 10:40:08 pm by Sprotyrover »
I always find it strange why anyone would be against immigration anyway? How do people think American became the most powerful, and at one point the richest, country in the world?
That's a good comparison! The population Density of the USA is 80 per square mile, the population Density of the Uk is 700 per square mile.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on July 30, 2021, 11:21:54 pm by SydneyRover »
That's a good comparison! The population Density of the USA is 80 per square mile, the population Density of the Uk is 700 per square mile.

Yeah but with an EU passport you could live in any of 27 other countries in the wealthiest bloc in the world

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on July 31, 2021, 11:29:07 am by Sprotyrover »

Yeah but with an EU passport you could live in any of 27 other countries in the wealthiest bloc in the world
Yes the EU is the promised land!, so why have we got illegal immigrants crossing the Chanel from this Utopian Paradise?
Why have we got hundreds of thousands of Romas living here just what is wrong with the EI that makes us so attractive?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on July 31, 2021, 11:55:35 am by SydneyRover »

Yes the EU is the promised land!, so why have we got illegal immigrants crossing the Chanel from this Utopian Paradise?
Why have we got hundreds of thousands of Romas living here just what is wrong with the EI that makes us so attractive?

I guess the Roma were born in the UK which makes them citizens, what's your heritage sprot, related to the royal family?

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #106 on August 01, 2021, 07:15:56 pm by bobjimwilly »

You don't have to worry about it, as asylum seekers can pick any country in the World to seek asylum.

I wonder how many of you against the RNLI saving the lives of these desperate human beings are also in the "All Lives Matter" brigade? The hypocrisy is astounding...

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on August 02, 2021, 09:53:29 am by Axholme Lion »

I don't want to live in the EU. I was born here and want to live here and i don't want it to change any more by people coming here and destroying our way of life.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on August 02, 2021, 10:05:51 am by DonnyOsmond »

I don't want to live in the EU. I was born here and want to live here and i don't want it to change any more by people coming here and destroying our way of life.

How are they going to "destroy" it? That's a very dramatic phrasing, and also a very regressive way of thinking. We wouldn't have the language English without immigration, or roads, the list is endless.

Reminds me of this bit from Stewart Lee, warning for any of you UKIP/BNP lot it might burst a blood vessel.

https://youtu.be/1cgeXd5kRDg

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #109 on August 02, 2021, 10:10:33 am by Bentley Bullet »

Doesn't look like anyone wants to answer this Sproty!

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #110 on August 02, 2021, 10:25:57 am by DonnyOsmond »

Doesn't look like anyone wants to answer this Sproty!

The question of why they'd come here from mainland Europe? It's answered earlier in the thread when someone else asked it.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #111 on August 02, 2021, 10:27:19 am by normal rules »
Because we are seen by many as a soft touch. An easy ticket. Our benefits system has more holes than a sieve.
Come here and claim for your kids who don’t even live in this country. And this is happening now and has been for years.
We are far too trusting, and we are being taken advantage of.
Plain and simple.
France had Sangatte. If this were to crop up in this country, there are some in the political spectrum that would be in uproar. Migrants know they will be treated better in the uk than elsewhere in Europe.
Hungary have quite literally been putting up big fences to stop the flow of migrants into Europe. Whilst it is impossible to put up,a fence in the channel, we have done little to stop this except give the French a few quid to try to stop it. What do they care? Migrants leaving their shores to come to ours is a problem off their hands.
As a very simple comparison, just look how Australia and uk deal with Migrants crossing water to get to where they want.The Australian Navy make them turn around, our RNLI busts a gut to save their lives.
And I’m not criticising the RNLI in this, they have their hands tied.
The uk is seen, quite literally, as the promised land. The land of milk and honey. And it will continue . We are pretty powerless also when they get here, to send them home.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #112 on August 02, 2021, 10:38:00 am by Bentley Bullet »
....And if we try to address this exploitation we are being racist? I see!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #113 on August 02, 2021, 10:54:11 am by SydneyRover »
''Child Benefit: coming to
or leaving the UK

Keep these notes for future reference
''

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/962392/CH5-Notes-2021.pdf

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on August 02, 2021, 11:46:27 am by DonnyOsmond »
....And if we try to address this exploitation we are being racist? I see!

There's nothing to address. As a refugee you would receive more in France (and a number of other countries) than in the UK.  You clearly believe in fake news, no one is coming to this specific country for our benefit system.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #115 on August 02, 2021, 12:16:02 pm by Bentley Bullet »
So why don't they remain in France then instead of risking their lives sailing across the Channel in dinghies to get in the UK where they will receive fewer benefits?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #116 on August 02, 2021, 12:29:40 pm by SydneyRover »
So why don't they remain in France then instead of risking their lives sailing across the Channel in dinghies to get in the UK where they will receive fewer benefits?

You could give them a whistle as ask them bb

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #117 on August 02, 2021, 12:48:45 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Because it's not purely about the monetary figure they'd receive. They may be able to speak English or may have family over here already.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #118 on August 02, 2021, 01:00:56 pm by SydneyRover »

Because it's not purely about the monetary figure they'd receive. They may be able to speak English or may have family over here already.

I admire your patience and diplomacy DO.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #119 on August 02, 2021, 01:15:05 pm by Bentley Bullet »

In that case, they may have a stronger case to apply for asylum. What about those who can't speak English or don't have family here?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012