Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:05:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Knee Surgery for one of our players  (Read 13738 times)

Janso

• Forum Member
Re: Knee Surgery for one of our players
« Reply #90 on October 16, 2021, 10:38:06 am by Janso »
So glad we've got such comedy legends following our club. Top banter, that.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on October 16, 2021, 01:54:05 pm by bpoolrover »
The way I see it she plays under club Doncaster, if Anderson gets injured they would pay for the best treatment, Sophie should get the same

The way I see it:
Anderson - employed and paid by CD to play professional football. Insured to a higher level so that he gets the (private) treatment he needs to be able to do his job.
Scargill: not directly employed/ paid to play amateur football for Belles. Insured to the National & County FA recommended level for WFL Tier 4 teams- but payment for this type of injury completely woeful.

Club Doncaster offers to loan interest-free to cover the op. Under no legal obligation to do so, but does.

A generous offer in the circumstances.

i disagree someone who represents club Doncaster has a injury that could end her career should be looked after even if the money came out of the rovers budget, when all said and done it is prob around 2 weeks of bogles wages

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on October 16, 2021, 01:59:34 pm by GazLaz »
If they pay for the operation and recovery in this case they have to do it with every injury for every Belles player. Not saying they shouldn’t but it would mean a complete policy change.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on October 16, 2021, 02:36:43 pm by steve@dcfd »
It is great for the donations but I still believe either Doncaster Belles with Club Doncaster should have a medical insurance that will cover for any injuries when playing or training with Doncaster Belles similar to our men’s team. Whether professionals or semi professional. Then Club Doncaster will then not have to pay for individual treatment they just pay the insurance.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on October 16, 2021, 04:00:28 pm by BobG »
I wonder what proportion of the Belles income an 'all risks' policy like that would take...?

BobG

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on October 17, 2021, 10:02:37 am by idler »
I thought the same Bob.
All money spent has to come out of the team's budget.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012