Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:29:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Talk Your Way Out Of This One Johnson  (Read 75881 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Talk Your Way Out Of This One Johnson
« Reply #90 on January 26, 2022, 03:25:39 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
As I was saying about tribalism.

Survation opinion poll today:
"If the police investigation finds Johnson broke the law, should he resign?"

37% of Tory voters from 2019 say "No".

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #91 on January 26, 2022, 03:47:04 pm by Bentley Bullet »
When will people realise that much of the British public prefer someone who broke social distancing rules to someone who wanted to revoke a democratic vote!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on January 26, 2022, 04:09:59 pm by Donnywolf »
  That is the next big question Tyke, can Labour at the moment afford Johnson to be replaced.
  He is the only subject on their agenda at the moment, Covid, The Ukraine situation, the economy, fuel poverty, the main things to the electorate not really important to them, just get rid of Johnson, and the replacement no doubt will be a much bigger problem in a couple of years time if they manage to remove him.

I think this particular Tory Party is done for personally Selby .

I think the real question is can the Labour Party beat the Dems to form a majority government ?

That is a good point tyke.
It is very possible that lots of Tory voters will switch to the Libdems.

If Labour were to stand down any candidates in traditional Tory voting constituencies it would certainly ensure in many cases as things stand today that the Tories wouldn't win enough of their traditional seats .

With the former Red Wall returning it would be a pretty close thing in my opinion between Labour and The Dems .

Whether they'd work together is of course open to debate .

F*cking hell, the prospect of snake oil Chuka Umunna as Prime Minister draws ever closer.
  That is the next big question Tyke, can Labour at the moment afford Johnson to be replaced.
  He is the only subject on their agenda at the moment, Covid, The Ukraine situation, the economy, fuel poverty, the main things to the electorate not really important to them, just get rid of Johnson, and the replacement no doubt will be a much bigger problem in a couple of years time if they manage to remove him.

I think the real question is can the Labour Party beat the Dems to form a majority government ?

If Labour were to stand down any candidates in traditional Tory voting constituencies it would certainly ensure in many cases as things stand today that the Tories wouldn't win enough of their traditional seats .

With the former Red Wall returning it would be a pretty close thing in my opinion between Labour and The Dems .

There's not a chance in a million of the Tories not being in the top 2 in a General Election anytime soon. There's a core of 25-30% who will never leave them. And they are well distributed across constituencies. So it's almost inconceivable that they'd ever get much fewer that 200 seats.

Well it isn't inconceivable is it because they only won 165 seats in 1997 .

So it is possible given the damage they've contributed to themselves today is far more than in the mid 90's .

That's several worlds away. Voters used to switch in large numbers directly between Lab and Con in those days. They do it far less these days.

I haven't suggested they'd switch between Tory and Labour , I've suggested a Tory government is in danger from the Dems in their own back yard .

They might lose the odd marginal, but you don't seem to factor in how powerful the whole Culture War concept is.

Culturally, the LDs are further removed from the Tories than Labour are.

The Lib Dem’s manifesto makes for scary reading.

The above quote a quote a quote etc surely breaks the record for longest ever

Or it did

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on January 26, 2022, 05:21:34 pm by drfchound »

F*cking hell, the prospect of snake oil Chuka Umunna as Prime Minister draws ever closer.

There's not a chance in a million of the Tories not being in the top 2 in a General Election anytime soon. There's a core of 25-30% who will never leave them. And they are well distributed across constituencies. So it's almost inconceivable that they'd ever get much fewer that 200 seats.

So it is possible given the damage they've contributed to themselves today is far more than in the mid 90's .

That's several worlds away. Voters used to switch in large numbers directly between Lab and Con in those days. They do it far less these days.

I haven't suggested they'd switch between Tory and Labour , I've suggested a Tory government is in danger from the Dems in their own back yard .

They might lose the odd marginal, but you don't seem to factor in how powerful the whole Culture War concept is.

Or it did

Not trying to extend the record here DW, but I have seen far more quote above quote etc posts on here mate.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on January 26, 2022, 06:06:17 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
When will people realise that much of the British public prefer someone who broke social distancing rules to someone who wanted to revoke a democratic vote!

And who wanted to revoke the Brexit vote?

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on January 26, 2022, 06:45:39 pm by belton rover »

Or it did

Not trying to extend the record here DW, but I have seen far more quote above quote etc posts on here mate.

Me too

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on January 26, 2022, 07:18:29 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Funny why you thought of Brexit. If Starmer didn't want to revoke that vote, why would it even cross your mind to think that was the democratic vote I was talking about?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on January 26, 2022, 07:28:57 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Right, it's one of THOSE nights is it? I'm out.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on January 26, 2022, 07:43:26 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Right, it's one of THOSE nights is it? I'm out.
Annoying, int it!

Hounslowrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on January 26, 2022, 08:07:19 pm by Hounslowrover »
What was the democratic vote then? Genuine question.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on January 26, 2022, 08:12:13 pm by drfchound »

Funny why you thought of Brexit. If Starmer didn't want to revoke that vote, why would it even cross your mind to think that was the democratic vote I was talking about?

To be fair, without all the information, it is impossible to know.
Speculation really.  ;)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on January 26, 2022, 08:15:19 pm by wilts rover »
Why do people just make stuff up! Polling for who would make best PM April 2020 - Jan 2022

https://www.statista.com/statistics/710316/prime-minister-voting-intention-in-great-britain/

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #102 on January 26, 2022, 09:05:57 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Yet still #starmerout is trending on twitter....

Seems to be a race to the bottom for the main leaders.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on January 26, 2022, 09:26:34 pm by SydneyRover »
Yet still #starmerout is trending on twitter....

Seems to be a race to the bottom for the main leaders.

Starmer isn't in yet, but it shows what a threat the government think he is.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on January 26, 2022, 10:37:23 pm by normal rules »
I thought Bojo summed up stabber well today.

He is not a leader, he is a lawyer.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on January 26, 2022, 10:56:28 pm by Not Now Kato »

Would you rather be led by a lawyer or a liar?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #106 on January 26, 2022, 11:04:48 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Dead original!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on January 26, 2022, 11:41:21 pm by SydneyRover »

Dead original!

the black knight battles on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmInkxbvlCs

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on January 27, 2022, 07:10:46 am by normal rules »

Liars can be forgiven………..

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #109 on January 27, 2022, 07:43:07 am by Bentley Bullet »
A bloke walks into a bar and shouts, “All Lawyers are ARSEHOLES!”

A man shouts back at him “I take exception to that statement!”

The first bloke said, “Are you a Lawyer?”

The man responded, “No, I’m an arsehole!”

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on January 27, 2022, 08:05:13 am by SydneyRover »

That would be Mark Spencer then?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #111 on January 27, 2022, 08:08:59 am by SydneyRover »

That would be Mark Spencer then?

Don't go bb it's just banter aye?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #112 on January 27, 2022, 08:43:18 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Depends on the lawyer.....

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #113 on January 27, 2022, 09:23:17 am by Bentley Bullet »
It is claimed that lawyers don't lie, but they sometimes hide the truth. The question is, is hiding the truth a form of lying?

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on January 27, 2022, 09:50:18 am by Ldr »
More an omission

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #115 on January 27, 2022, 09:55:04 am by SydneyRover »
It is claimed that lawyers don't lie, but they sometimes hide the truth. The question is, is hiding the truth a form of lying?

There is one thing bb, there is no debate to be had about whether johnson is an inveterate liar aye?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #116 on January 27, 2022, 10:00:04 am by selby »
  What Stabber Starmer really is is a traitor to the UK electorate, He has voted 48 times against Brexit, some of them votes taken after the referendum result, he has colluded openly with the EU negotiators  to undermine the UK electorates and the countries standing when negotiations of an agreement were on going.
  He is not and never will be a person to trust, in times gone by he would have been shot or in the tower and rightly so.
  And whats more when he says he now accepts Brexit is done, he is a bare faced liar.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 10:04:09 am by selby »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #117 on January 27, 2022, 10:09:01 am by SydneyRover »
  What Stabber Starmer really is is a traitor to the UK electorate, He has voted 48 times against Brexit, some of them votes taken after the referendum result, he has colluded openly with the EU negotiators  to undermine the UK electorates and the countries standing when negotiations of an agreement were on going.
  He is not and never will be a person to trust, in times gone by he would have been shot or in the tower and rightly so.
  And whats more when he says he now accepts Brexit is done, he is a bare faced liar.

In the face of an electorate increasingly aware they made the wrong choice.

As a person that helped put johnson in #10 I don't think you are in a very strong position to talk about trust selby.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #118 on January 27, 2022, 10:42:54 am by idler »
To be fair what about Tory MPs that voted against a Brexit deal only to
accept a worse deal later.
I think that very few brixiteers got anywhere near any Brexit deal that they envisaged.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #119 on January 27, 2022, 10:49:01 am by Not Now Kato »

You are John from Formby, and I claim my £5.

https://www.dkpw.co.uk/watch/John%20From%20Formby.mp3

TinyPortal © 2005-2012