Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 10:32:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Netto brigade  (Read 9754 times)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: Netto brigade
« Reply #150 on February 03, 2022, 06:21:44 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Up to the point when the first lockdown came, when we were improving in the second half of the season with Jacob Ramsey on board etc, there was a buzz about the place. The club had already enhanced the fan park with outside caterers, the stage set up outside with a DJ and music, it was a good place to be. There was a chance, particularly with the games in hand, that we could achieve the play offs as we were playing so great football. Then boom, the season curtailed and we lose out on PPG.

Wind the clock on, we're doing OK at top of league, then Whiteman leaves, the momentum turns the wrong way, DM does a runner and the rest till now is history.

That said, at the start of this season  there was a buzz, with fans being allowed back, Wellens has been appointed and there's fresh optimism....until....

So, overall the club wasn't in a bad place however, the obvious set backs are bound to have an effect, it knocks the stuffing out of us.

Trouble is, everyone starts searching for the problem, the conspiracy when all it really comes down to is the output on the pitch which is mainly due to the upheaval of the change in the manager 

No point going through all the whys and wherefores of all that but sometimes the answer is a simple one rather than something being fundamentally wrong behind the scenes, despite Covid, despite sadly losing Dick Watson.

Lee, I don't know why you chose to reminisce about 10 years ago, things weren't always rosy back then either. Attendances were already declining after the initial promotion to the Championship with the novelty wearing off etc.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

podrover73

• Forum Member
« Reply #151 on February 03, 2022, 06:28:13 pm by podrover73 »
Why do you have to wear scarves to identify yourself as the Netto brigade. We know who you are already when every goal goes in against us and your moronic chants

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #152 on February 03, 2022, 06:29:00 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Donnybob/PDX
Brilliant posts couldn’t have put it better

Me too.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #153 on February 03, 2022, 06:53:10 pm by PDX_Rover »
Up to the point when the first lockdown came, when we were improving in the second half of the season with Jacob Ramsey on board etc, there was a buzz about the place. The club had already enhanced the fan park with outside caterers, the stage set up outside with a DJ and music, it was a good place to be. There was a chance, particularly with the games in hand, that we could achieve the play offs as we were playing so great football. Then boom, the season curtailed and we lose out on PPG.

Wind the clock on, we're doing OK at top of league, then Whiteman leaves, the momentum turns the wrong way, DM does a runner and the rest till now is history.

That said, at the start of this season  there was a buzz, with fans being allowed back, Wellens has been appointed and there's fresh optimism....until....

So, overall the club wasn't in a bad place however, the obvious set backs are bound to have an effect, it knocks the stuffing out of us.

Trouble is, everyone starts searching for the problem, the conspiracy when all it really comes down to is the output on the pitch which is mainly due to the upheaval of the change in the manager 

No point going through all the whys and wherefores of all that but sometimes the answer is a simple one rather than something being fundamentally wrong behind the scenes, despite Covid, despite sadly losing Dick Watson.

Lee, I don't know why you chose to reminisce about 10 years ago, things weren't always rosy back then either. Attendances were already declining after the initial promotion to the Championship with the novelty wearing off etc.

Exactly. It’s life.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #154 on February 03, 2022, 06:58:39 pm by drfc1951 »
Has the banner with Gavin Baldwins image on been produced legally.Has Gavin given permission for his image to be used.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #155 on February 03, 2022, 07:29:39 pm by Jonathan »
Not one of us involved in “Netto” have said Terry Bramall’s money isn’t good enough, neither has anything been aimed at him.

Have to say this is a surprise. 'Shops at Netto' etc to me suggests that the crux of the issue for people pushing this argumenty is that not enough money is being spent.

If that's not what the folk behind that Netto flag are trying to get across then they might want to try a different tact/slogan because that's the first thing presumed by anyone I've heard talk about it, myself included.

This.

I’d be genuinely interested to hear this one answered as I’m finding the concept a bit confusing.

Rather like when your strapline is ”support the team not the regime” but your signature song includes the line ”all our players are shite.”

It doesn’t quite seem to add up.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #156 on February 03, 2022, 07:32:30 pm by roversdude »
Has the banner with Gavin Baldwins image on been produced legally.Has Gavin given permission for his image to be used.

Good point surely this is a form of bullying

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #157 on February 03, 2022, 07:36:59 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Not one of us involved in “Netto” have said Terry Bramall’s money isn’t good enough, neither has anything been aimed at him.

Have to say this is a surprise. 'Shops at Netto' etc to me suggests that the crux of the issue for people pushing this argumenty is that not enough money is being spent.

If that's not what the folk behind that Netto flag are trying to get across then they might want to try a different tact/slogan because that's the first thing presumed by anyone I've heard talk about it, myself included.

This.

I’d be genuinely interested to hear this one answered as I’m finding the concept a bit confusing.

Rather like when your strapline is ”support the team not the regime” but your signature song includes the line ”all our players are shite.”

It doesn’t quite seem to add up.

I got a sort of answer to that last night. Eventually. It didn't make sense but at least they had a go.

But you're right, it all does give the impression of being made up as they're going along.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #158 on February 03, 2022, 07:37:58 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Why do you have to wear scarves to identify yourself as the Netto brigade. We know who you are already when every goal goes in against us and your moronic chants

At least we'll know how few of them there are...

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #159 on February 04, 2022, 09:14:18 am by normal rules »

The club would be very right to kick out anyone bearing such a flag.I’ve said it before, football grounds are not public places. They are places to which the public are allowed access providing they comply with ground and club regulations.
If I owned a football club, I would not stand for it.
Protest outside by all means. By not inside.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #160 on February 04, 2022, 09:20:54 am by normal rules »
In fact the very top of the ground regs cater for this. I suspect quite a few people, myself included would be pissed if a banner slating our owners was on display.

Notwithstanding possession of any ticket the Club, any police officer or authorised steward may refuse entry to (or eject from) the Ground any person:
1.1 that fails (or in the Club's reasonable opinion is likely to fail) to comply with these Ground Regulations or any reasonable instruction issued by a police officer or authorised steward; and/or
1.2 whose presence within the Ground is, or could (in the Club's reasonable opinion), constitute a source of danger, nuisance or annoyance to any other person.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #161 on February 04, 2022, 09:30:50 am by Spud »
I'd be pissed off too & could see it causing problems within our own fans tbh, the last thing we need.

I thought there was decent noise coming from the south stands on Tuesday given the circumstances, let's hope we can stick to supporting the team.

Lindsey

• Forum Member
« Reply #162 on February 04, 2022, 09:35:58 am by Lindsey »
Something needs to change a quick as we are and have been going backwards (on the pitch) for far too long.

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #163 on February 04, 2022, 10:42:07 am by aidanstu »

The club would be very right to kick out anyone bearing such a flag.I’ve said it before, football grounds are not public places. They are places to which the public are allowed access providing they comply with ground and club regulations.

I’m in no way in support of a protest against the board but was you against the protests that occurred in the ground during the Richardson era?

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #164 on February 04, 2022, 10:44:20 am by aidanstu »
I'd be pissed off too & could see it causing problems within our own fans tbh, the last thing we need.

I thought there was decent noise coming from the south stands on Tuesday given the circumstances, let's hope we can stick to supporting the team.

All I could here was chants about child abuse; wish they would stay quiet if that’s the sort of crap they come out with.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #165 on February 04, 2022, 10:46:35 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »

All I could here was chants about child abuse; wish they would stay quiet if that’s the sort of crap they come out with.

I did hear some 'paedo' chants, presumably aimed at the Rotherham fans? Not sure why but not the best from groups of giggling small boys in the BB.

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #166 on February 04, 2022, 10:53:44 am by aidanstu »

I did hear some 'paedo' chants, presumably aimed at the Rotherham fans? Not sure why but not the best from groups of giggling small boys in the BB.

I’m sure they were aimed at the Rotherham fans; sadly there will be victims of child abuse in the ground from both communities and these idiots are considering the issue banter. It’s an absolute disgrace and it’s one of the many things that is really turning me away from Doncaster Rovers as a club; I’ve been a supporter since the 1980 and was always on the pop side; they had great songs, Original songs and great banter. This lot are just pathetic, moronic, selfish idiots for most part.

It’s the same lot that stand in gangways at away grounds blocking people’s views; including those who can’t stand up. They are ruining the atmosphere at games for me and just need to learn to think for themselves, take responsibility or move on back to the youthy.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #167 on February 04, 2022, 11:05:19 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »

I’m sure they were aimed at the Rotherham fans; sadly there will be victims of child abuse in the ground from both communities and these idiots are considering the issue banter. It’s an absolute disgrace and it’s one of the many things that is really turning me away from Doncaster Rovers as a club; I’ve been a supporter since the 1980 and was always on the pop side; they had great songs, Original songs and great banter. This lot are just pathetic, moronic, selfish idiots for most part.

It’s the same lot that stand in gangways at away grounds blocking people’s views; including those who can’t stand up. They are ruining the atmosphere at games for me and just need to learn to think for themselves, take responsibility or move on back to the youthy.

Take your point aidenstu. Agree with much of it. Whilst i recognise that i was a young lad once and did some immature stuff, it is the actions such as standing up and blocking the view of other fans that i really detest. Pure acts of selfish entitlement. If they do want to stand, which they shouldn't be anyway in a seated stadium but OK i guess- then stand at the f**king back, selfish tw*ts. Some of them need kicking out for behaviours like this. Not sure how some of them have been dragged up tbh.

I've been to many games of other clubs in the past 10-15 years or so and this kind of thing happens at most clubs so it isn't exclusive to DRFC. It's just kids who seem these days, not all of them but many, who don't think of others. I wouldn't dream of standing up in the middle of stand knowing full well that other fellow fans behind me would not be able to see or would have to go through the inconvenience of moving seats, and i wouldn't have done so as a youth either.

Either stand at the back or f**k off i say.

As for the chants. Yes, some are potentially inflammatory and insensitive and sadly this has always been the case. I don't think these fans are yet mature enough to understand that others might be affected by their actions and whilst i can understand that they just want o have a laugh with their mates, i do think that some of their actions need addressing.

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #168 on February 04, 2022, 11:08:56 am by aidanstu »

Take your point aidenstu. Agree with much of it. Whilst i recognise that i was a young lad once and did some immature stuff, it is the actions such as standing up and blocking the view of other fans that i really detest. Pure acts of selfish entitlement. If they do want to stand, which they shouldn't be anyway in a seated stadium but OK i guess- then stand at the f**king back, selfish tw*ts. Some of them need kicking out for behaviours like this. Not sure how some of them have been dragged up tbh.

I've been to many games of other clubs in the past 10-15 years or so and this kind of thing happens at most clubs so it isn't exclusive to DRFC. It's just kids who seem these days, not all of them but many, who don't think of others. I wouldn't dream of standing up in the middle of stand knowing full well that other fellow fans behind me would not be able to see or would have to go through the inconvenience of moving seats, and i wouldn't have done so as a youth either.

Either stand at the back or f**k off i say.

As for the chants. Yes, some are potentially inflammatory and insensitive and sadly this has always been the case. I don't think these fans are yet mature enough to understand that others might be affected by their actions and whilst i can understand that they just want o have a laugh with their mates, i do think that some of their actions need addressing.

I couldn’t agree more.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #169 on February 04, 2022, 11:23:46 am by Spud »
There was the paedo chants too, unfortunately, but it wasn't just that.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #170 on February 04, 2022, 11:34:25 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Check an egg at the back of their heads if they stand up in front of you and call it 'banter'.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #171 on February 04, 2022, 12:54:13 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Check an egg at the back of their heads if they stand up in front of you and call it 'banter'.
Make sure it’s hard boiled.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #172 on February 04, 2022, 01:19:23 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Nah, you'll want to watch it dripping down inside their collar!

Lindsey

• Forum Member
« Reply #173 on February 04, 2022, 02:38:05 pm by Lindsey »
Some very childish posts by the usual suspects. And you call the Netto lot kids?

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #174 on February 04, 2022, 02:46:02 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
I’m not a Netto Fc supporter but Gavin does carry that basket well on the flag, if it was Aldi they would still be frisbeeing shopping into it!. :laugh:.
It’s humour but not funny to some. No idea why the guy is the one on the flag as he isn’t the fella who makes the decisions, he is the mouthpiece of the board.

I don’t understand paying for a ticket and booing your own players myself, but as long as there’s no racism etc then they are allowed an opinion.
I don’t think a businessman would be bothered by a few flags, he will be tougher minded than that.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #175 on February 04, 2022, 02:55:05 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Some very childish posts by the usual suspects. And you call the Netto lot kids?

The usual suspects...from someone who only registered two days ago.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #176 on February 04, 2022, 03:06:17 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

and that is relevant because? Might be a poster who has spent years as a guest.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #177 on February 04, 2022, 03:56:25 pm by EasyforDennis »

Anyone can view comments on the forum. You have to be registered to make a post

BVB

• VSC Member
« Reply #178 on February 04, 2022, 04:44:04 pm by BVB »

I’m in no way in support of a protest against the board but was you against the protests that occurred in the ground during the Richardson era?

Aidenstu
The difference being that the whole fan base was very much united against Richardson and his muppet Weaver and our club did nearly die.

That is light years from where we are with this group of supporters.
In fact there is no comparison.
BVB

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #179 on February 04, 2022, 05:21:24 pm by roversdude »
Difference back then was we were being destroyed on purpose by an owner with unscrupulous intentions
Our current owners and Gavin are ensuring money goes into the club

TinyPortal © 2005-2012