Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 10:04:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The Labour Files  (Read 20715 times)

albie

• Forum Member
The Labour Files
« on September 23, 2022, 08:24:01 pm by albie »
For those who missed it live, the Aljazeera investigation into UK Labour;
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/9/23/unprecedented-leak-exposes-inner-workings-of-uk-labour-party

This is part 1.
Part 2 and 3 on Sat and Monday.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
Re: The Labour Files
« Reply #1 on September 23, 2022, 10:59:32 pm by bpoolrover »
very quiet on this post

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 24, 2022, 08:20:35 am by drfchound »
It is hard to defend the indefensible.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 24, 2022, 09:29:32 am by tyke1962 »
 The silence on the opposition benches is deafening .

Vote Labour

:woot: :woot: :woot:

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 24, 2022, 02:06:42 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
Doesn’t come across well but given there’s only a realistic choice of Tory or Labour, I still hope Labour win the next election.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 24, 2022, 02:22:07 pm by phil old leake »
Is this really such a shock to anyone. Even for the ‘I only vote Labour die hards.’

Would anyone with any type of real world concept only expect the Tories to have issues. It’s amazing how all the crucify everything Tory mob appear quiet which would suggest some level of hypocrisy

If some of the behaviours referred to in the link are deemed inappropriate for the tories bringing scathing dislike from people.  Why aren’t the same people making similar comments about the Labour Party.

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on September 24, 2022, 06:21:07 pm by BigH »
Hmm. Thought-provoking stuff and some murky goings on for sure.

But I'm also puzzled as to why a Qatari state-funded mouthpiece would go to such lengths to put together what is essentially a pro-Corbyn piece.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 24, 2022, 07:47:05 pm by albie »
Because Qatar is opposed to Israeli influence on geopolitical affairs, BigH.

Nothing to the point, though really....the only question is if it is true, can it be proven....and why are the UK media not covering this story?

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 25, 2022, 11:25:30 am by Sprotyrover »
Still no comment from the Labour lovers on here?

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 25, 2022, 11:36:29 am by phil old leake »
There won’t be if it’s true ?   Then how can it be defended whichever party it is

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on September 25, 2022, 01:42:15 pm by IDM »
Non-political response from me, but if something is so relevant to the UK then why are the UK media not covering it, even the Tory papers?   Might get taken more seriously by all sides if it was.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on September 25, 2022, 01:45:36 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
This!

The thought that the Sun, Mail, Express, Telegraph etc would be part of some conspiracy of silence if this were a truly big problem for Labour...

But there you go.

Folk on the Right want to deflect attention from this shit show Government.

Folk on the Left would rather us have this shit show Government than a Starmer led Labour Government.

Some features of politics are never changing.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on September 25, 2022, 02:23:34 pm by Filo »
Shame the last two responses came in, I was enjoying the Tory voters spitting feathers because there was no reply from Labour voters lol!

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 25, 2022, 05:25:16 pm by phil old leake »
I don’t consider the responses are responses about the subject.  They are just anger from people unable to defend the indefensible.  Having no excuses for the Labour Party behaving as badly if not worse than the Tories.   

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 25, 2022, 05:32:12 pm by Ldr »
As long as politics is adversarial and more interested in slagging the other side than been constructive then this country will never thrive

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 25, 2022, 05:38:15 pm by drfchound »
Reply number 11 tells us why Labour will struggle to win a GE.  There is too big a divide in the Party for them to gather enough support for Starmer.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 25, 2022, 05:42:45 pm by scawsby steve »
As long as politics is adversarial and more interested in slagging the other side than been constructive then this country will never thrive

Dead right, Ldr. However, it has to be said that our FPTP system causes a lot of this. A PR system would create a much more consensus based government.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on September 25, 2022, 06:39:13 pm by phil old leake »
Steve at least every vote would count and everyone may feel the need to vote.  There will be some supporters of minority parties who may well not vote as it’s just a waste of time. 

Ldr you’ve hit the mail on the head.  Far too interested in disagreeing and slagging than talking about real issues

They’re all at it but for me one of the worst culprits is Starmer. I’m sure he goes home looks in the mirror and disagrees with himself. 

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on September 25, 2022, 06:55:35 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Phil

I'm more than happy to talk policies. The reason I'm strongly anti-Tory is that they have regularly had disastrous economic policies for the whole of my life. They are responsible for 6 classic macroeconomic disasters in the past 50 years.

The Barber Boom
The Thatcher/Howe monetarist experiment.
The Lawson Boom.
The Cameron/Osborne Austerity
Brexit
This latest Kwarteng/Truss car crash.

I'm happy to debate any one of those in detail at your convenience.

I'm also more than happy to discuss the one period in the past 50 years when the Tory party got the macroeconomics bang on right - Ken Clarke's response to Black Wednesday. Because I don't dislike the Tories because they are Tories. I dislike them when they are so badly wrong on the big issues.

Back to Labour. Listen to Rachel Reeves set out an economic alternative this week to Truss/Kwarteng's kleptocratic pocket stuffing of the rich.

Then let's discuss it.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on September 25, 2022, 07:10:41 pm by IDM »
Shame the last two responses came in, I was enjoying the Tory voters spitting feathers because there was no reply from Labour voters lol!

Maybe you missed the bit where I said my response was non-political.?

And who says I voted Labour last time.?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2022, 07:19:46 pm by IDM »

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on September 25, 2022, 07:12:58 pm by phil old leake »
But you’re not happy to condemn the Labour Party for the behaviour highlighted in this thread

I’m not defending the Tories I’m just saying too many people are quick to condemn one side but won’t condemn the other for similar behaviour. What’s good for the goose.  This isn’t about policies it’s about attitude and behaviour.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on September 25, 2022, 07:15:04 pm by IDM »
I don’t consider the responses are responses about the subject.  They are just anger from people unable to defend the indefensible.  Having no excuses for the Labour Party behaving as badly if not worse than the Tories.   

Show me the anger in my post.?

My viewpoint was simply questioning why this isn’t all over UK media if it’s such a big story about a UK political party..

Oh, and I’m not trying to defend anything - I will wait until it’s in the UK papers or news websites like BBC or Sky.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on September 25, 2022, 07:19:20 pm by IDM »
But you’re not happy to condemn the Labour Party for the behaviour highlighted in this thread

I’m not defending the Tories I’m just saying too many people are quick to condemn one side but won’t condemn the other for similar behaviour. What’s good for the goose.  This isn’t about policies it’s about attitude and behaviour.

What behaviour.?  There’s just a link to an Arab- based media site.  Perhaps I’ve not made myself clear - I would comment on the reported behaviour once it is reported on credible UK media.

I’m not hiding from condemning anything.  How dare you presume to know what’s in my head when I haven’t even commented?

Panda

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on September 25, 2022, 07:27:02 pm by Panda »
Credible UK media? BBC and Sky News?  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on September 25, 2022, 07:33:32 pm by IDM »
You’d favour al-jazeera over those?

Shame there are too few credible posters on here.!

Panda

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on September 25, 2022, 07:44:16 pm by Panda »
I dunno who i favour. I'm still stuck in a barrel of tits. Not had much chance to watch any news of late.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on September 25, 2022, 07:55:00 pm by phil old leake »
I haven’t even commented?

My point precisely

I don’t care what yours or anyone else’s politics are.  This isn’t personal.

I just think there should be consistency

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on September 25, 2022, 09:37:25 pm by scawsby steve »
Credible UK media? BBC and Sky News?  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I have to disagree with you there, Panda. IMO Sky News is superb, and completely unbiased.

Whenever major events are unfolding, like Soham, the hunt for Raoul Moat, and the Chilean mining rescue, Sky News are there 24/7, until the whole thing is over.

Excellent, quality journalism.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on September 25, 2022, 10:14:10 pm by wilts rover »
People who didn't comment about the current Chancellor of the Exchequer laughing in Westminster Abbey whilst waiting for the Queen's funeral have plenty to say on the Labour Party (in a programme they haven't watched and in support of people they called anti-semitic at the time) shock.

So, after watching this programme can we all confirm there was no anti-semitism under Corbyn and it was all MSM smears to remove him?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on September 26, 2022, 08:14:41 am by IDM »
I haven’t even commented?

My point precisely

I don’t care what yours or anyone else’s politics are.  This isn’t personal.

I just think there should be consistency

And you are completely missing my point - that I can’t comment or prefer not to, until I’ve seen this on media most would trust, even if we don’t always agree with their narrative.

You are judging me because I haven’t commented, but I’ve explained why I haven’t.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012