Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 02:45:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: General Election  (Read 25096 times)

NickDRFC and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
Re: General Election
« Reply #210 on May 26, 2024, 12:42:35 pm by Sprotyrover »
Ldr.

I know you sometimes have trouble with the finer points so let me explain.

1) I don't call ANYONE racist unless they say racist things. I disagree profoundly with you on many things, but as far as I can recall, you've never given any hint of supporting racist ideas. And I have never called you racist.

2) I believe that all of us have the responsibility to confront racist ideas whenever we come across them. Don't you?

3) I don't say the Tory party is trying to appeal to racists in a flippant way. It's shit through so many of their policies.

If you disagree with any of that, be grown up and argue each example I give on its merits. Rather than doing shit amateur psychoanalysis to convince yourself I'm wrong.
You Billy have got serious issues! Get some help!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #211 on May 26, 2024, 12:44:41 pm by Sprotyrover »
Reading between the weasel words Reeves will not be increasing defence spending and probably reducing it drastically.
Labour's Rachel Reeves rules out increasing income tax or NI https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-69063581

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #212 on May 26, 2024, 01:20:45 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Ldr.

1) I don't call ANYONE racist unless they say racist things. I disagree profoundly with you on many things, but as far as I can recall, you've never given any hint of supporting racist ideas. And I have never called you racist.

2) I believe that all of us have the responsibility to confront racist ideas whenever we come across them. Don't you?

3) I don't say the Tory party is trying to appeal to racists in a flippant way. It's shit through so many of their policies.

If you disagree with any of that, be grown up and argue each example I give on its merits. Rather than doing shit amateur psychoanalysis to convince yourself I'm wrong.

Phew!

Now I DEFINITELY know I'm ok.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #213 on May 26, 2024, 01:55:26 pm by Sprotyrover »
Ldr.

Phew!

Now I DEFINITELY know I'm ok.
Try and rationalise that comment Why do you think you are ok when you clearly have mental health issues?

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #214 on May 26, 2024, 02:20:53 pm by albie »
Both feted and gilded, Keir Starmer and Rishi Sunak are two sides of the same rotten politics | Aditya Chakrabortty | The Guardian
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/article/2024/may/25/election-pm-change-politics-keir-starmer-rishi-sunak

Unusually, the Guardian actually telling the truth about the choice on offer.
Small differences, but large areas of common interest.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #215 on May 26, 2024, 02:22:30 pm by drfchound »
I'm picturing the discussions at Sunak's emergency reboot meeting yesterday.

Sunak: We're f**ked. I've f**ked it up.

Bright Young Adviser: Well, you HAVE been pretty shite, but there's 6 weeks left. Let's think.

Sunak: Who votes for us?

BYA: Racist pensioners and the rich.

Sunak: Well we're giving the rich tax cuts. What do the racist pensioners want?

BYA: Well they want someone to f**k over foreigners and other people's kids. We have to show we can do that, or they'll f**k off and vote for Farage.

Sunak: Well we gave them Brexit and Rwanda (yeah, ok, I know we didn't, but we chucked them the red meat). So that's the foreigners dealt with.

BYA: So. Other people's kids?

Sunak: Ok. How do we show how much we hate them?

BYA: Well. We f**ked their economic futures through Austerity. They can't afford houses. They haven't got pensions. Then we did Brexit to satisfy the old folk. That stops the young ones having the connections with Europe that they want. We took away a year of young folks' lives during COVID to save old people. And never once thanked them. And of course we've got that cracking policy of telling foreign students we don't want them subsidising our young people's university education. So that f**ks both groups.

Sunak: So what have we got left?

BYA: Ummm...

Sunak: Oh f**k it. Let's put them in uniforms and have them clean up dog shite.

And we have a clear leader in the 2024 ludicrous post of the year competition.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #216 on May 26, 2024, 03:22:17 pm by SydneyRover »
Both feted and gilded, Keir Starmer and Rishi Sunak are two sides of the same rotten politics | Aditya Chakrabortty | The Guardian
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/article/2024/may/25/election-pm-change-politics-keir-starmer-rishi-sunak

Would you like to point out where the guardian hasn't told the truth Albie?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #217 on May 26, 2024, 04:26:20 pm by GazLaz »
We have had that many extreme political issues in the last 10 years that it’s possible to work out peoples core values by knowing their opinion on the fore mentioned issues. There’s no place to hide for bigots these days.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #218 on May 26, 2024, 04:43:02 pm by tommy toes »

Bright Young Adviser: Well, you HAVE been pretty shite, but there's 6 weeks left. Let's think.

BYA: Well they want someone to f**k over foreigners and other people's kids. We have to show we can do that, or they'll f**k off and vote for Farage.

Sunak: Well we gave them Brexit and Rwanda (yeah, ok, I know we didn't, but we chucked them the red meat). So that's the foreigners dealt with.

BYA: Well. We f**ked their economic futures through Austerity. They can't afford houses. They haven't got pensions. Then we did Brexit to satisfy the old folk. That stops the young ones having the connections with Europe that they want. We took away a year of young folks' lives during COVID to save old people. And never once thanked them. And of course we've got that cracking policy of telling foreign students we don't want them subsidising our young people's university education. So that f**ks both groups.

That’s good coming from you.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #219 on May 26, 2024, 05:04:16 pm by albie »

Would you like to point out where the guardian hasn't told the truth Albie?

So many times, Syd.
You could start with the constant bleating about anti-semitism in Labour, now proven to be a complete fiction in the courts.

Pro-Israeli narratives have infected the opinion pieces.
Many articles written by Polly Toynbee, Jonathan Freedland and Raphael Behr have shown little grounding in reality.

You could move on to the failure to protect journalistic values in the case of Julian Assange, after publishing his work.

The Guardian has been under the oversight and control of the security services since Alan Rusbridger was replaced as editor.
The role of the publication is to corral left leaning liberal opinion into safe spaces for the establishment.

Why do you think that their best writers no longer work there?
Richard Norton-Taylor, David Hencke and others now publishing via alternative outlets.

The takeover of the Guardian has been well documented.
https://www.declassifieduk.org/how-the-uk-security-services-neutralised-the-countrys-leading-liberal-newspaper/

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #220 on May 26, 2024, 05:08:09 pm by SydneyRover »
Will need some proof and links Albie, you have called so many false alarms on here it's not funny.

By the way you are going to tell me what the party you are voting for are promising aren't you?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #221 on May 26, 2024, 05:10:41 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I'd be a lot more forgiving of Hound trolling me on this topic if he was able to explain which of the core points that I've made in that post (yes, yes, yes, obviously exaggerated for comic effects) are factually wrong.

The Tories ARE now disproportionately supported by old people who self identify as disliking foreigners.

The Tory party IS facing a major challenge to keep hold of those voters in the face of Reform doing the "we don't like foreigners" thing more effectively.

The Tory party HAS regularly enacted policies which have disproportionately hit the young, while insulating the old.

The idiotic National Service idea HAS been thought up on the hoof, in a panic at how badly the Tories have started, literally 2 days after a minister categorically said they were not going to bring back National Service.

But a right winger there thinks it's ludicrous to point these facts out. Thank goodness I've got him on ignore.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #222 on May 26, 2024, 05:49:34 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Whoa. I'd missed this earlier today.

https://youtu.be/Vn_9lVvMkX4?si=xJDXLi_WV5wNESS5

That's Farage massively raising the ante. That's the most overtly race-baiting stuff he's ever come out with. He is clearly angling to sweep up the far right voters if the Tory party does actually implode.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #223 on May 26, 2024, 06:03:58 pm by ravenrover »
C'mon people who really feels that this is for real?
Now speculation that Rich-ie could throw the towel in to be replaced by Cameroon, and really why when you are a multi millionaire would you want yo put yourself through 6 weeks of hell, when you could be lazing on a beach in California?

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #224 on May 26, 2024, 06:43:30 pm by tyke1962 »
I'd be a lot more forgiving of Hound trolling me on this topic if he was able to explain which of the core points that I've made in that post (yes, yes, yes, obviously exaggerated for comic effects) are factually wrong.

The Tories ARE now disproportionately supported by old people who self identify as disliking foreigners.

The Tory party IS facing a major challenge to keep hold of those voters in the face of Reform doing the "we don't like foreigners" thing more effectively.

The Tory party HAS regularly enacted policies which have disproportionately hit the young, while insulating the old.

The idiotic National Service idea HAS been thought up on the hoof, in a panic at how badly the Tories have started, literally 2 days after a minister categorically said they were not going to bring back National Service.

But a right winger there thinks it's ludicrous to point these facts out. Thank goodness I've got him on ignore.

Disliking of foreigners or disliking of mass immigration Billy ?

Disliking of foreigners is a subtle attempt at pointing the finger towards racism .

Disliking mass immigration is a political issue , even Starmer has said it needs to be reduced although he says many things of course .

We see you Billy boy .

Branton Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #225 on May 26, 2024, 06:44:53 pm by Branton Red »
"old people who self identify as disliking foreigners."

Who are these "old" people??

Survey after survey show that the UK is one of the most tolerant and least racist countries in the world.

www.kcl.ac.uk/news/uk-public-among-most-trusting-of-their-neighbours-internationally-and-increasingly-comfortable-living-next-to-historically-marginalised-groups

Only 2% of the UK population would prefer not to have a neighbour of a different race. Only Sweden and Brazil score lower at 1%.

Only 5% of the UK population would prefer not to have an immigrant as a neighbour. Again one of the lowest scores in the world.

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #226 on May 26, 2024, 06:48:01 pm by Iberian Red »
Whoa. I'd missed this earlier today.

https://youtu.be/Vn_9lVvMkX4?si=xJDXLi_WV5wNESS5

That's Farage massively raising the ante. That's the most overtly race-baiting stuff he's ever come out with. He is clearly angling to sweep up the far right voters if the Tory party does actually implode.

He's a truly revolting individual isn't he?

Farage is a C U Next Tuesday too

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #227 on May 26, 2024, 06:51:42 pm by Iberian Red »

Disliking of foreigners is a subtle attempt at pointing the finger towards racism .

Disliking mass immigration is a political issue , even Starmer has said it needs to be reduced although he says many things of course .

We see you Billy boy .

Disliking of foreigners is racist.

Just like a disliking of 6 fingered inbreds could be considered anti Barnsley.

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #228 on May 26, 2024, 07:01:25 pm by ChrisBx »
C'mon people who really feels that this is for real?
Now speculation that Rich-ie could throw the towel in to be replaced by Cameroon, and really why when you are a multi millionaire would you want yo put yourself through 6 weeks of hell, when you could be lazing on a beach in California?

No chance of a change of leadership mid-election. Even with this mad lot.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #229 on May 26, 2024, 07:13:07 pm by Ldr »

We see you Billy boy .

Disliking of foreigners is xenophobia not racism, read a dictionary sometime

https://www.merriam-webster.com/grammar/xenophobia-and-racism-difference

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #230 on May 26, 2024, 07:16:10 pm by danumdon »
We have had that many extreme political issues in the last 10 years that it’s possible to work out peoples core values by knowing their opinion on the fore mentioned issues. There’s no place to hide for bigots these days.

Do you have an xT value for that!

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #231 on May 26, 2024, 07:22:08 pm by tyke1962 »

We see you Billy boy .

They come in very handy at times , we almost needed them to count the first half goals that flew in to the back of your net the last time we played you .

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #232 on May 26, 2024, 08:23:24 pm by drfchound »

That’s good coming from you.

It was only a matter of time………….
You ran him a close second Tommy.
I knew you wouldn’t let me down.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2024, 08:26:30 pm by drfchound »

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #233 on May 26, 2024, 09:23:32 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Is the victory of Southampton over Leeds an omen? Rishi "The Saint" Sunak on a roll?

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #234 on May 26, 2024, 09:28:36 pm by danumdon »
Is the victory of Southampton over Leeds an omen? Rishi "The Saint" Sunak on a roll?

Not sure about Sunak being on a roll, but it was good to see even more Leeds fans crying their eyes out, again.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #235 on May 27, 2024, 07:48:59 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I'm surprised the comments on fire/rehire haven't had much more commentary.  Labour now saying it's not to be banned if critical for business survival or restructure.

So essentially it isn't banned is it? Every business will just say it's a restructure surely?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #236 on May 27, 2024, 08:29:15 am by SydneyRover »
Voters won't need to fire many tory mps as so many are walking away, they will have to be in very safe seats to be rehired I would think.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #237 on May 27, 2024, 01:43:06 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
And in just another ordinary day in this campaign, the Editor of the Evening Standard (owned by the son of a KGB colonel) libels Rachel Reeves.

https://x.com/emilysheffield/status/1795043203101388817

For the record, as anyone with a phone and functioning thumbs can find online in 10 seconds, Reeves worked at the BoE for 6 years and at the BoS for 3.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #238 on May 27, 2024, 05:00:21 pm by scawsby steve »
I honestly don't know why people keep having a go at Rachel Reeves. She comes over as an extremely intelligent woman, and a nice person.

I've nothing against people voting Labour, I just think they're going to be disappointed if they're expecting change.

Branton Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #239 on May 27, 2024, 05:19:13 pm by Branton Red »
Very pleased to see Labour committing to making the minimum wage a genuine living wage that people can live on.

I remember working at the Job Centre just before the first Minimum Wage legislation was passed and seeing jobs advertised at scandalously low rates. One "Label Sticker wanted £1.20 per hour. No experience necessary" will always stick in my mind.

Not only the fair and moral thing to commit to but also the economic conditions means it makes absolute sense. Very low unemployment and a strong labour market.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012