Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:19:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brexit Negotiations  (Read 311157 times)

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
Re: Brexit Negotiations
« Reply #1770 on July 10, 2018, 12:35:58 pm by Not Now Kato »
Brexiteers, what's the ideal realistic Brexit you imagine?
We've tried playing nice, with no result from Brussels.
Time to stop talking to them, put the effort into forging new relationships and trade deals with the rest of the globe.
f**k the eu, time for a hard brexit.
It's not the end of the world.

A semi brexit would be much worse.

Just look what you're not being told and are likely to get with your hard Brexit

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jul/09/cabinet-brexiteer-vision-chilling-neo-Thatcherite

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #1771 on July 10, 2018, 01:14:32 pm by Boomstick »
Not even gonna bother clicking on the link to that biased rag.

Think months and months of negotiations from our government has been enough.
The eu are just making things difficult, after all if tgey made it easy, everyone would want out.

A semi brexit isn't what the country voted for, can't strike a deal?
Hard brexit then. Simples.

Fair play to johnson and Davies, for sticking to their principles and resigning.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1772 on July 10, 2018, 01:15:08 pm by SydneyRover »
Brexiteers, what's the ideal realistic Brexit you imagine?
We've tried playing nice, with no result from Brussels.
Time to stop talking to them, put the effort into forging new relationships and trade deals with the rest of the globe.
f**k the eu, time for a hard brexit.
It's not the end of the world.

A semi brexit would be much worse.

Do you read anything apart from DR programs? do you care about anyone but yourself?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1773 on July 10, 2018, 01:35:51 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Boomstick

How have the EU kept on making things difficult?

Also: how do you know what sort of Brexit people voted for? During the campaign, Farage was telling us that Norway was an example to us of how to operate outside the EU. Yet afterwards he was saying that we need a complete break.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 01:42:28 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #1774 on July 10, 2018, 02:26:06 pm by MachoMadness »
Fair play to johnson and Davies, for sticking to their principles

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #1775 on July 10, 2018, 03:06:21 pm by Not Now Kato »

The eu are just making things difficult, after all if tgey made it easy, everyone would want out.

Fair play to johnson and Davies, for sticking to their principles and resigning.

The EU aren't making it difficult for anyone, they are applying the rules we helped them formulate and write.  The only people being difficult are our government and the UK negotiators.

Have you any clue what type of Brexit people voted for?  I think you'll find that many people were expecting a complete walk way with WTO rules, many expected a Norway type deal, yet others a Swiss type deal; and many more with no real expectation at all.  Hell, I know people who voted leave as a protest vote fully expecting Remain to win!

And if you really do want a Hard Brexit then you really really really should read that article to get some idea of what you're going to get; it's actually about what one leading Brexiteer, (and former Thatcher advisor), expects to see from such a Hard Brexit, and it isn't going to be good for anyone except the very wealthy!

Of course, you could just dance on in complete ignorance; your choice, but don't complain when you don't like what you get.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #1776 on July 10, 2018, 03:44:14 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I asked what Brexiteers want because they seem to either not know or want a hard Brexit where everyone in the world is clamouring to procure a trade deal with us. Where we will be a Utopian.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #1777 on July 10, 2018, 04:12:36 pm by MachoMadness »
Barnier has come out and said the Brexit deal is 80% complete, a pretty transparent attempt to get May to stick to the Chequers plan. So does she bow to pressure from the EU, or from her own back benches?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #1778 on July 10, 2018, 04:15:28 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Johnson hasn't got a single principle in his entire body except the principle of doing what he thinks is best for Boris Johnson.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1779 on July 10, 2018, 04:36:33 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Max Hastings got it right this morning.

He said “Boris has many unique talents but unfortunately he’s let down by the fact that he has no scruples, conscience or principles.”

Nail. Head. An utterly obnoxious man who is interested in nothing but his own advancement.

If he had thought that supporting Remain would have got him closer to the keys of No10, he’d have spent June 2016 ostentatiously smoking Gauloise and singing Deutschland Uber Alles. At the start of the campaign, he wrote two speeches. One vigorously supporting Remain. One vigorously supporting Leave. He then spent two days deciding which way to jump.

A t**t of the very highest order. And how many people fell for his “Let’s Take Back Control” line?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 04:40:45 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1780 on July 10, 2018, 04:58:25 pm by bpoolrover »
Let's be honest most MPS do what's best for themselves, in fact most people in life do what's best for themselves so why would
Boris be any different

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1781 on July 10, 2018, 05:06:43 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I’m glad that I don’t live in your world Bpool.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1782 on July 10, 2018, 05:10:03 pm by bpoolrover »
Why what makes you any different than most people bst? Your quite happy to support a Pearson who wants a terrorist organisation honoured that blew up innocent people
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 05:12:16 pm by bpoolrover »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1783 on July 10, 2018, 05:16:15 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
You’ve obviously never read my comments in that matter Bpool.

But I fundamentally disagree with you on the premise that all MPs and all people would lie and cheat and be devoid of principles in order to advance themselves. Some do and I despise them. I don’t think most do.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1784 on July 10, 2018, 05:19:32 pm by bpoolrover »
I said most MPs do what is best for them as do most people in life I never mentioned lying and cheating

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1785 on July 10, 2018, 05:23:57 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
You implied that Boris was no different.

I’m saying he is an unprincipled, amoral, lying t**t. I don’t think most other people or MPs are.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1786 on July 10, 2018, 05:25:27 pm by bpoolrover »
That's your opinion then but mine is different to yours MPs have talked crap for years so there party can be in power but I could be wrong of course

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #1788 on July 10, 2018, 06:29:25 pm by Boomstick »
Thing is, opinions are like arseholes .

No one's opinion on this entire thread is right or wrong.

Just wish remoaners would respect the opinion of brexiteers.
After all, we voted in a democratic referendum.

Brexit means brexit, it was voted for.
If tgat means we have a hard brexit, bring it on.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1789 on July 10, 2018, 06:31:44 pm by wilts rover »
I often look at the Politico website to see what the view from Europe is and how they think Brexit is going. You dont need to look much past the headlines now to see how they view us:

Britain's zombie prime minister refuses to die

https://www.politico.eu/article/theresa-may-boris-johnson-david-davis-brexit-britains-zombie-prime-minister/

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #1790 on July 10, 2018, 07:06:19 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

We respect your right to have an opinion. It doesn't mean that everyone's opinion should be respected. For example, paedophiles have some very lively opinions - do you respect those at all?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 07:10:42 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1791 on July 10, 2018, 07:14:32 pm by bpoolrover »
Not much of
Answer to that

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #1792 on July 10, 2018, 08:00:01 pm by Boomstick »

We respect your right to have an opinion. It doesn't mean that everyone's opinion should be respected. For example, paedophiles have some very lively opinions - do you respect those at all?
Not sure what your getting at, are you suggesting if someone voted leave then you automatically won't respect their opinion?

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #1793 on July 10, 2018, 09:11:36 pm by Not Now Kato »

What a stupid statement.  When TM said it it was stupid and meaningless, you repeating it is even more stupid and even more meaningless.

So come on, what does Brexit actually mean?  Which version of Brexit?  Do you have a clue?  No?  Didn't think so!

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #1794 on July 10, 2018, 09:16:36 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Not sure what your getting at, are you suggesting if someone voted leave then you automatically won't respect their opinion?

No, just that nobody's opinion has the automatic right to be respected.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #1795 on July 10, 2018, 09:38:31 pm by MachoMadness »

All opinions aren't equal. That's just it. You have the right to express it, but when your opinion isn't backed up by anything how can you expect people to respect it? Why should they? If I voice my opinion that Rovers are shit and my argument is because they lost every game that season, you're quite within your rights to point at the league table and prove me wrong. If I carry on voicing that opinion with nothing to back it up, no one would respect that. Especially if all I did was tell everyone they were just moaning and they should get over it.

If it turns out that the "yes" that won out was built on lies (it was) or that it was deliberately pulled off by foreign powers who wanted to weaken the UK (it was) or that it cost you, your kids and your grandkids money (it is and it will), would you still support Brexit at all costs?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1796 on July 10, 2018, 10:34:05 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Or, you could look at America, where the majority of people who vote Republican don't believe in evolution.

They don;t believe in evolution, because they reject scientific theories and evidence, and believe the Bible.

Are their opinions equal to those who put forward scientific hypotheses which can be tested against evidence?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1797 on July 11, 2018, 02:15:12 am by SydneyRover »

If tgat means we have a hard brexit, bring it oposition n.

When you offer a comment worthy of respect you may get it, but up till now zero, zilch nothing just the same old trolling which is an adversarial position without substance.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 02:33:43 am by SydneyRover »

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1798 on July 11, 2018, 07:24:54 am by bpoolrover »
Just out of interest Sydney who decides which comments are worth anything?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #1799 on July 11, 2018, 07:43:56 am by hoolahoop »

Boomstick-

You obviously don't have a clue what a " cliff edge " Brexit  looks like even after all the warnings from every direction NOT just the Guardian which for some reason you have a problem with. Could it be you just don't like balance or reality ?

Brexit is far too complicated a subject to sit there and ignore the warnings coming from EVERY  direction. If The CBI & The Unions agree about something being potentially catastrophic , then you should sit up and notice . Read what bloody people write, listen to what they say - you may not agree with everything but the warnings are writ large and they are coming from opposite directions ffs man how can you ignore them ?

They don't write or say  these things for fun you know and when people like you ignore the experts, laugh at the statistics, guffaw at the warnings - then they have done their job on you !! The drip drip drip of propaganda from the mainstream press controlled by distant foreign owners with Far Right owners employing newspaper hacks with the same mentality have gradually anaethetised you and others from recognising the truth. All of this is NOT for your benefit but for those friends of theirs with interests only in breaking this country , cherry picking struggling businesses here , breaking down regulations and safety nets for workers and gradually taking a wrecking ball to our society and .......THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT ??

Why , how do you personally benefit ? Even the Tory Party are scared shitless about a hard/ cliff edge Brexit - that alone should make you very worried but does it , does it fook . You happily clap and breathe life into a scenario that can only have one ending disaster.

Incidentally I don't aim all this at you because , unlike others, I think you are thick/ stupid a gammon etc but because I think you have stopped listening to or reading rational arguments, data or statistics from any other source than cheap rags spouting out pure bile against rational people/ experts and groups .

Brexit means Brexit indeed - bloody hell is that all you and others can come up with. It's no disgrace to admit you were wrong and realise Brexit is certainly NOT designed to be in the interests of working men and women - it's for those with plenty of money.
Do you or blackpool have loads of money because this is what this is all about .

Facebook indoctrination enquiry very interesting as well today £ 500,000 fine  - nothing to Facebook but confirms everything that many of us have written about on here for months. The moves to indoctrinate the decent people of this country were many and nefarious. It's not OUR MPs that you now need to worry about but the leaders of far stronger nations that will benefit from your suicidal votes. I hear about how Remoaners aren't patriotic, I've even lost mates over this but I haven't signed over control of my country to Trump, Putin and even the EU ( bizarrely ) - YOU have but we must all suffer
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 02:21:36 pm by hoolahoop »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012