Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 12:55:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Mandy is doing OK: further updates.  (Read 57465 times)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
Re: Mandy is doing OK further update.
« Reply #120 on September 29, 2018, 10:53:14 am by DonnyOsmond »
I posed the question on Morecambe's forum "Whats your opinion of Mandy"

Their forum is not as populated as our forum but the topic is probably the most popular on there.

It has totalled 60 replies and nearly 3000 views.

What concerned me the most is the one where a supporter talks of the demon drink in relation to Mandy. The supporter's comment seems only to be formed on hearsay and pointing to his time at Donny. I seem to recall hearing something like this before but if that is his problem he seems to have turned the corner with the good reports of his Morecambe supporters.

Seems like he's doing well but based on what I've seen on Twitter and heard he does like a night out and was in to laughing gas as well. Bit of a w**ker like the stories of Grealish, who seems to have grown up, hopefully Mandy can too.

I'd love to see him play to his potential in our front 3.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #121 on September 29, 2018, 04:24:22 pm by Dare to dream! »
Mandy scores to put Morecambe ahead

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #122 on September 29, 2018, 04:36:38 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Wow! Is that 2 or 3 now this season?  :ohmy:

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #123 on September 29, 2018, 04:39:40 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Wow! Is that 2 or 3 now this season?  :ohmy:

Not bad from right midfield.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #124 on September 29, 2018, 04:47:05 pm by Alickismyhero »
Its now 3 goals and if they put him in the right position he would score more.

I can only think that the reason they sent him out on loan has something to do with "being a party animal" and to teach him a lesson but I can't confirm that.

If I could get a message to him "Grow up Mandy" things are now going your way, work hard and keep your nose clean.

I will put the Morecambe supporters comments on his game today later.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #125 on September 29, 2018, 06:09:11 pm by Bentley Bullet »
It saddens me almost as much as when Rovers let Laurie Sheffield go, apart from he scored a hat-trick on his debut for his new club Norwich, and they were a league higher!

Now that WAS something to really be upset about!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #126 on September 29, 2018, 07:04:53 pm by Donnywolf »
Yeah - in the days of no Social Media etc Eddie Beaglehole who was my PE Teacher at the time told us as we lined up to go in the Gym " Rovers have sold Laurie Sheffield to Norwich " GUTTED !

Manders bagged me the £50 Charity Penalty for TIA Greyhound Rescue so I was and always will be indebted to him - and then I found out we have the same Birthday - although mine is a little different in the Year of course

Hope he comes back !

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #127 on September 29, 2018, 07:11:16 pm by Bentley Bullet »
 I doubt he'd come back now, Wolfie, Laurie's in his 70's and getting on a bit in football terms.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #128 on September 29, 2018, 07:58:38 pm by idler »
Still more mobile than some so called forwards we have had.😉

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #129 on September 29, 2018, 09:24:12 pm by Alickismyhero »

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #130 on September 30, 2018, 12:41:02 am by Pancho Regan »
Not a fluke at all

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #131 on September 30, 2018, 12:51:27 am by selby »
  Is it a fluke? looks like a teasing ball right into the area where you should be looking to attack, and crept in at the far post.
  Just the sort of ball into the area good strikers thrive on.
   Question, if we get in the playoffs, would he be eligible to play after his loan at Morecambe? which would be ended, just a thought.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #132 on September 30, 2018, 01:07:07 am by sha66y »
I personally would like to see Him return to a proper footballing club , under a manager that appreciates good skill and can not only motivate, but can get more out of him.......

Oh !!! That’ll be Rovers then...

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #133 on September 30, 2018, 07:44:25 am by Alickismyhero »
A few more comments on the Morecambe Forum:

Another in the bag today for Mandy.......permanent move to Morecambe, I hope so.

------------------------------

Mandeville with a cross. I initially thought it was Oliver's touch, but re-watched it and Oliver didn't reach it, but that perhaps mis-footed the keeper and the ball rolled nicely in!
--------------------------------
Wooop woop get in, Mandy.
--------------------------------
Certainly a day of ups and downs, apart from the backing off and the lack of a tackle for their goal we were the better team. Great that our fans kept on supporting and singing and we got our reward. Oates goal a brilliant effort and Mandey celebrated like he had wasps in his shorts - hilarious , great to see everyone happy

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #134 on September 30, 2018, 10:18:31 am by RedJ »
  Is it a fluke? looks like a teasing ball right into the area where you should be looking to attack, and crept in at the far post.
  Just the sort of ball into the area good strikers thrive on.
   Question, if we get in the playoffs, would he be eligible to play after his loan at Morecambe? which would be ended, just a thought.

Why would he be? his loan is also a contract, in essence, and will expire when the transfer window reopens on 1st July. Or maybe 9th of June as that's when the transfer window opens for clubs in England. But I don't know why you'd think he'd be able to randomly come back before the season was over.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #135 on September 30, 2018, 10:34:29 am by Bentley Bullet »
I don't want to sound controversial here but why should we be so desperate to want him back then, considering that we'd have been successful enough to achieve a play-off place without him?

Reading this thread anyone would think McCann's made a massive mistake in loaning Mandy out, and as soon as the decision is reversed the better.

Perhaps we could make the thread long enough so as to gain the necessary support of his return in such massive proportions to have a referendum on it!

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #136 on September 30, 2018, 12:29:26 pm by RoversAlias »
Vote Remandeville?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #137 on September 30, 2018, 12:42:42 pm by Bentley Bullet »
We weren't told of the full consequences of him leaving.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #138 on September 30, 2018, 12:46:27 pm by Bentley Bullet »
This immediate recession is crippling the team's performance!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #139 on September 30, 2018, 06:02:56 pm by The Red Baron »
As far as I'm aware Mandeville's loan runs for the whole season. However if we are involved in the play offs and Morecambe aren't he would be able to play for us. Same with Garratt.

It would be a bit unlikely that either player would figure for us, but stranger things have happened.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #140 on September 30, 2018, 06:17:51 pm by selby »
  I was not contemplating he would play, it was a question to something I didn't know the answer to, although when you think about it, Marquis could have been sold in January, and Wilks could be recalled to Leeds.
  And you would be hard pushed to contemplate what we would be left with to qualify for any playoffs, they struggle to score against league 2 development sides don't they.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #141 on September 30, 2018, 07:03:07 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Selby, like you say if Marquis was sold in January and Wilks returned to L**ds you would be hard pushed to contemplate what would be left to qualify for any playoffs so there'd be no playoffs for Mandy to play in!

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #142 on September 30, 2018, 07:28:09 pm by selby »
  I was interested BB in a fictitious at the moment situation that could possibly arise, and if he could play, not start world war three.
 For what it is worth, and I was him, had had a decent season and had scored a decent return of goals and was called back, but knew other clubs were interested to sign me for next season, which will be possible in the last six months of his present contract, I would not jeopardize my contract with the Rovers, but whether I would put myself out, risk injury etc. is another thing unless I knew there was something concrete for me and I wanted to stay here after the playoffs which is unlikely.
  That's me though not Mandeville.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #143 on September 30, 2018, 07:34:10 pm by selby »
   BB when I was sat behind the goal at Plymouth and May was six yards out  in the centre of the goalmouth the ball went to him on a plate and he missed another sitter, I did think,I wonder if?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #144 on September 30, 2018, 07:55:14 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Ah, I knew I'd get to the heart of your problem eventually!

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #145 on September 30, 2018, 08:00:25 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
   BB when I was sat behind the goal at Plymouth and May was six yards out  in the centre of the goalmouth the ball went to him on a plate and he missed another sitter, I did think,I wonder if?
The one following Wilks header? He had a small space to hit it in, between Wilks and their defender and cracked it very hard - brilliant save by the keeper. I think that's a very harsh perspective *expecting* better.
https://youtu.be/N8vjfFeze2U?t=1m25s

There was a chance he had before that when he was around the edge of the box running to our right where he would have been better taking it a couple of steps earlier.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 08:02:29 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #146 on September 30, 2018, 10:00:40 pm by RoversAlias »

Your obsession with this is laughable, it is beyond parody at this point.

For the record, do you think if we sold Marquis and lost Wilks in January we'd not bother replacing them!? We'd just soldier on with an entire strike force of May, Taylor and Myron Gibbons!? Insane notion.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #147 on September 30, 2018, 11:22:31 pm by selby »
   I agree with you, anyone would be insane if they did try to carry on with only that lot.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #148 on October 01, 2018, 06:17:30 pm by selby »
  RA, you forgot Kiwomya and Beestin.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #149 on October 01, 2018, 08:44:28 pm by RoversAlias »
  RA, you forgot Kiwomya and Beestin.

Also good examples yeah, just not played a big role yet this season like this others. I think Beestin is terrific so hope he can force his way in.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012