Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:20:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson  (Read 126221 times)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Re: Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson
« Reply #150 on September 01, 2019, 09:43:39 am by Donnywolf »
Why doesnt someone start a Petition "online" to try to get 18 Million people registered who would if it came to a second Vote - would vote Remain

There was the Online petition to get Parliament to revisit a Secod Referndum which May and others more or less ignored as they kept saying  "17,410,742 voted Leave which is far more - AND therefore we must deliver on the will of the British people"

So if someone gets 18 Million votes they can claim that any more - and surely they would have (in a Democracy) to at leasst concede that "the will of the People had changed) and test out that with a real Vote ?

Surprised someone like Gina Miller along with say John Major / Tony Blair have not tried it yet

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #151 on September 01, 2019, 09:50:17 pm by wilts rover »
Since wolfie had his little quiz then I think I am allowed to have one.

Who do you think wrote this in 2013 (when he was advising the Education Minister):

'However the spread of knowledge and education is itself a danger and cannot eliminate gaps in wealth and power created partly by unequally distributed heritable characteristics'.

Of course you all knew it was Dominic Cummings, far too easy for you.
https://static.guim.co.uk/ni/1381763590219/-Some-thoughts-on-education.pdf

the spread of knowledge and education is itself a danger #VoteTory

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #152 on September 02, 2019, 01:58:44 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Wilts.

That's a gem! I'd skimmed that word salad of an aborted PhD thesis of his, but I'd missed that.

"gaps in wealth and power created partly by unequally distributed heritable characteristics".

f**k me, I knew he was borderline insane but this is full on ranting madness.

I can't believe, in 2013, we had ANYBODY, nevermind the man who would become the most powerful person in the country, still spouting this "nature over nurture" b*llocks.

Think about what he's saying. He says the way you are developed in the world cannot overcome differences in ability hard wired at conception.

But that is dogshit.

I'm a typical white English working class middle aged male. I was moderately fit at 20. I'm moderately unfit at 50.

I'm not exactly Usain Bolt.

But I'll tell you this. If I'd been fed on grilled oily fish and chicken and salad and rice, and trained to run from the age of 6, and Usain Bolt had been locked in a room from the same age  with only an X-Box and a constant supply of HobNobs and McDonalds as his only sustenance, I'll guarantee you I'd beat him over 100m when I was 50 and he was 30.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #153 on September 02, 2019, 02:04:28 am by BillyStubbsTears »
I've just had a vision of Cummings and Johnson talking.

Cummings is Gen. Jack D. Ripper from Dr Strangelove. Pouring out his batshit ideas with the utter certainty of the deranged. Johnson is Mandrake. Upper class British twit,  terrified and not having a clue what it means but unable to control him.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DN1KvgtEnABY&ved=2ahUKEwix7PmE-LDkAhUaURUIHTaBCuEQwqsBMAB6BAgGEAU&usg=AOvVaw1wKDY5QVRsaxPLjjmzBrDc

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #154 on September 02, 2019, 06:48:45 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I do feel all this talk from Johnson's camp his week of deselection and division a little baffling.  Almost like he is losing control.  Granted he may have a point in back his ideas or leave, but hes got himself to PM and now may well lose it.

If it heads for an election it's a huge gamble.  Maybe hes right and he'll walk it and get what he wants, but I'm sceptical.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #155 on September 02, 2019, 01:54:32 pm by SydneyRover »
Could labour install a new leader in time for a snap election?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #156 on September 02, 2019, 03:20:34 pm by Donnywolf »

I would have liked to have seen David Milliband win when he ran against Ed but I realise that doesnt answer your question (sorry)

Steve Miller Band would do a better job that Johnson as well (by the by)

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #157 on September 02, 2019, 03:32:13 pm by foxbat »
Research has been done on Johnson’s retweets. I believe that at least 70% of them come from a US bot farm which churns out support for Trump. So Johnson has few real supporters for his tweets. Like he has few supporters for this catastrophic action he’s intent on pursuing.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #158 on September 02, 2019, 04:04:50 pm by Bentley Bullet »

I would have liked to have seen David Milliband win when he ran against Ed but I realise that doesnt answer your question (sorry)

Maybe Grandad Glenn would have put people in the mood to vote for him.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #159 on September 02, 2019, 04:15:35 pm by SydneyRover »

My feelings were a while back DW that if May or Corbyn couldn't support a new vote then they would have to be replaced. Different circumstances now though.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #160 on September 03, 2019, 02:23:20 pm by SydneyRover »

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #161 on September 03, 2019, 02:59:46 pm by foxbat »
I study the psychology of business, and from this standpoint, it is fascinating to observe politicians’ behaviour, particularly when distinguishing between effective and ineffective leadership styles.

Cocky, bumbling and driven by ego – gaze upon Boris Johnson’s leadership ‘skills’ and weep for Britain

Chantal Gautier -  senior lecturer in business psychology at the University of Westminster.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #163 on September 03, 2019, 03:15:45 pm by Copps is Magic »
One amazing transformation of language to take note of.

Then, trade freely = single market (i.e. free trade, with overlapping global free trade agreements)
Now, trade freely = WTO rules (i.e. non free trade, no agreements)

You're been duped people.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #164 on September 03, 2019, 04:46:13 pm by Ldr »

If they do, they win

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #165 on September 03, 2019, 05:14:33 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Anyone want to point out an example of a country anywhere in the world that trades only on WTO rules?

Just one will do.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #166 on September 03, 2019, 11:43:17 pm by bobjimwilly »
Johnson broke a record today - he lost his first Parliamentary vote quicker than any PM in modern history

Bonus point for the last year it happened.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #167 on September 04, 2019, 12:02:31 am by Colemans Left Hook »
Lesotho almost
Trade organisations
   WTO, SACU, SADC

and a question to could we rejoin EFTA ?  non  EEA ... you lot know a lot more than me
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 12:24:44 am by Colemans Left Hook »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #168 on September 04, 2019, 12:42:02 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Apparently there's 3.

Somalia
South Sudan
East Timor.

And STILL, there's useful idiots insisting that we could have struck a better deal if only our nasty, nasty, nasty MPs handy stopped poor Boris from using the possibility of us joining this three countries as a bargaining ploy.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #169 on September 04, 2019, 05:44:58 am by GazLaz »
Johnson broke a record today - he lost his first Parliamentary vote quicker than any PM in modern history

Bonus point for the last year it happened.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #170 on September 04, 2019, 07:24:17 am by Donnywolf »
.... and so the (Chess) pieces are back in the bag till today

WHEN will "they" - ALL of them stop playing chess and trying to outmanouevre (spelling) each other ffs - we all have lives to get on with, Beer to but , football to watch and YES paint to watch dry

Ever since the Referendum we have had this long procession of twists and turns which seem to be breeding more and more hostile actions and reactions and still we appear to be nowhere near delivering what we set out to do

Surely we have reached and passed the point at which we should get all the MPs to agree that we are going nowhere any more - and we should have a 3rd Referendum (1975 was the first) with some kind of deal on in and a Remain on it

Mays deal is widely trumpeted as "the best Deal available" by her and many others and that seems to be the EUs stance as well. So stick that on a Referendum paper and add just one other option - Remain

Then we will clearly see what the will of the British people IS right now this minute and I for one would respect the result if it came down Leave or Remain. At least it would finish the thing (although I have to concede it would not be be ended once and for all)

I know some people will disagree with this but it is something I envisaged would happen and I wrote a piece on here when the whole b****t mess first kicked off which I am still trying to find - which said the vote was too devisive and we would end with the Politicians "bottling it" and having another vote anyway

So I say - lets do it now

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #171 on September 04, 2019, 07:36:13 am by SydneyRover »
No sorry DW we can't have that, to accept May's deal now would mean that she was sidelined for nothing and the blame would be at the feet of the ERG and they are the saviours of their own world.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #172 on September 05, 2019, 12:37:31 pm by SydneyRover »
fmd what next Dilyn! the rescue dog has walked out on boris and Carrie and said: ''I'm Welsh and I have to think of the Union and put that before my new family"

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #173 on September 05, 2019, 03:50:16 pm by foxbat »
Johnson ( predictably) lies (yet) again :

We checked Boris Johnson's claim that a Brexit extension will cost £1bn a month
– and yes, it's wrong

While not necessarily wrong to compare the potential cost of an extension to a no-deal exit, it’s misleading to do so given that the government’s stated intent is still to leave with a deal.

And if you’re going to make such a comparison, then you do need to actually compare the costs of both things – you need to factor in the fact that no deal itself will have both direct costs, and a broader economic impact.

Most studies predict that the negative economic effects of leaving the EU will exceed the benefits of not having to pay the EU membership fee.

Tom Phillips is editor of Full Fact, the UK's independent fact checking charity

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #174 on September 05, 2019, 05:01:27 pm by foxbat »
NEW:
 Boris Johnson having to scrap his weekend with the Queen in Balmoral to handle the Brexit crisis

Alastair PEOPLE’S VOTE Campbell Retweeted Tom Newton Dunn

Can’t blame him. Won’t be fun having Philip ask him why he lied to Her Maj about the reasons for prorogation

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #175 on September 05, 2019, 06:16:27 pm by Filo »
Apparently he’d rather be dead in a ditch than go to the EU for another extension

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #176 on September 05, 2019, 07:30:32 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I assume his visit to Wakefield today was paid for by the Tory party rather than thee and me through our taxes. He was clearly electioneering and that visit had the square root of f**k all to do with his job (sic) of PM.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #177 on September 05, 2019, 09:29:21 pm by wilts rover »
Welcome to Yorkshire Boris...

#pleaseleavemytown

https://twitter.com/sturdyAlex/status/1169664123745054727

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #178 on September 05, 2019, 09:34:58 pm by wilts rover »
You should be in Brussels negotiating
We are negotiating
No you are not, you're in Morley -  in Leeds!

https://twitter.com/ericabuist/status/1169688236777754625

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #179 on September 06, 2019, 07:02:39 am by Donnywolf »
NEW:
 Boris Johnson having to scrap his weekend with the Queen in Balmoral to handle the Brexit crisis

Alastair PEOPLE’S VOTE Campbell Retweeted Tom Newton Dunn

Can’t blame him. Won’t be fun having Philip ask him why he lied to Her Maj about the reasons for prorogation

As long as DOE does not offer him a lift to nearby Pub

TinyPortal © 2005-2012