Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:40:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson  (Read 126034 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson
« Reply #270 on September 16, 2019, 12:06:28 pm by SydneyRover »
In case you missed the highlights of Johnson's trip Oop North.

https://mobile.twitter.com/shahmiruk/status/1172602253649350656

Oop North? I didn't hear one person with a Northern accent. I think you've been duped there.

So that woman in Donny market wasn't local?

I used to think Donny was in the North  then I moved to Newcastle and realised just how central Donny is, its Midlands 😂

Didn't they say the North began at those towers in Sheffield that got knocked down?
I thought it was Watford Gap Servo

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #271 on September 16, 2019, 02:37:04 pm by idler »
No, that's where they think that civilisation ends when travelling north.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #272 on September 16, 2019, 03:44:13 pm by MachoMadness »
Unbelievable scenes at the press conference with the Luxembourg PM today. Boris doesn't turn up because he's scared of protestors shouting over him again, so the Luxembourg PM decides to empty chair Boris and publicly call him a liar. He lays into Boris, saying the UK hasn't come up with any new ideas, and that the problems are all self-inflicted for a good few minutes. Also says the EU didn't do enough to counter the lies (he actually used the word "lies") of the Leave campaign. Wow.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #273 on September 16, 2019, 03:52:15 pm by SydneyRover »
Drum roll tada, boris the unbelievable, records a clip so questions can't be asked.

''Johnson says UK and EU have 'just right amount of time” to get deal done by the end of October

Boris Johnson has recorded a clip for broadcasters. Sky News is playing it now.

He says he thinks there is still time for a deal to be done.

He says he thinks the UK and the EU have got “just the right amount of time” to get a deal done by the end of October.

If that is not possible, the UK will leave by 31 October''

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #274 on September 16, 2019, 04:01:53 pm by SydneyRover »
Unbelievable scenes at the press conference with the Luxembourg PM today. Boris doesn't turn up because he's scared of protestors shouting over him again, so the Luxembourg PM decides to empty chair Boris and publicly call him a liar. He lays into Boris, saying the UK hasn't come up with any new ideas, and that the problems are all self-inflicted for a good few minutes. Also says the EU didn't do enough to counter the lies (he actually used the word "lies") of the Leave campaign. Wow.

And here it is:

Luxembourg PM's press conference - Snap verdict

That was extraordinary. Boris Johnson, the British prime minister, has just been humiliated by the leader of almost the tiniest country in the European Union.

We were expecting a joint, open-air press conference but, with a large crowd of anti-Brexit campaigners threatening to drown out Johnson, it was announced that the British PM was not going to take part (presumably because of the demonstration, although that has not officially been confirmed yet). Normally in these circumstances the polite thing to do is to re-arrange. But instead Xavier Bettel, the prime minister of Luxembourg, just went ahead anyway, effectively “empty chairing” his guest. At one point he even gestured at the space where Johnson was supposed to be.

And then Xavier just let rip. People often wonder what EU leaders say or think about Johnson in private. Well, now we know. The leave campaign was a pack of lies, Johnson’s talk of progress in the Brexit talk is unfounded, the UK still has not come up with any ideas about an alternative to the backstop. On and on he went, with particular emphasis on the point that the UK, not the EU, was to blame for the crisis. It was a “nightmare” for EU citizens, said Bettel. At several points he was loudly applauded by the protesters, because they felt he was articulating their anger.

Yesterday Johnson depicted himself as the Incredible Hulk. As the Telegraph’s Michael Deacon suggests, the reality could not be more different.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #275 on September 16, 2019, 04:29:36 pm by SydneyRover »
Meanwhile on the planet zog where the Tele is based

''Live
Brexit latest news: Boris Johnson walks into ambush as Luxembourg's PM holds press conference next to empty podium''

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #276 on September 16, 2019, 09:13:15 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Johnson's nothing like The Hulk.

For a start The Hulk's green, not yellow.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #277 on September 16, 2019, 09:27:22 pm by bpoolrover »
Do you not think that shows the Luxembourg pm up not boris? What would be the point in it being outside and people just shouting abuse? If the Luxembourg pm had gone To a leave area do you think boris would have done the same or just had it inside?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 09:35:48 pm by bpoolrover »

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #278 on September 16, 2019, 09:41:42 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Do you not think that shows the Luxembourg pm up not boris? What would be the point in it being outside and people just shouting abuse? If the Luxembourg pm had gone To a leave area do you think boris would have done the same or just had it inside?

Presumably Boris would have chickened out just like this time. He's got form, after all.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #279 on September 16, 2019, 09:46:06 pm by scawsby steve »
All the news broadcasts I've seen are suggesting the whole thing was a stitch up by the Luxembourg PM.

Insignificant little country. They've never forgiven us since we dicked them 9-0 at Wembley.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #280 on September 16, 2019, 10:26:19 pm by bobjimwilly »
All the news broadcasts I've seen are suggesting the whole thing was a stitch up by the Luxembourg PM.

Insignificant little country. They've never forgiven us since we dicked them 9-0 at Wembley.

If it was a stitch up Johnson walked right into it. If he was as clever as some like to think he is, he would have avoided the embarrassing situation or turned it to his favour; he did neither.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #281 on September 17, 2019, 12:20:50 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Swings and roundabouts.

I saw one of Teresa May's SpAds on the TV a few months ago, crowing about how they'd stitched up Barnier when he visited Downing St last year.

They'd noted that Barnier was tall, and that he looked magisterial when he was speaking standing up behind a lectern. And of course, May looked like a genetic experiment gone wrong at the side of any other reasonably well-functioning human being. (The SpAd didn't say that last sentence, but everyone knows it to be true.)

So they arranged a Press Conference with Barnier and May sat in chairs round a fireside in No 10. And they deliberately gave Barnier a seat that was too low and too small for his frame. So he looked really uncomfortable all through the session.

The SpAd was pissing himself laughing at how clever they had been.

Which is great fun.

But...

Thing is, if you take pride as a nation in arseing about like that, you've kind of lost the moral high ground when someone else arses you around.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #282 on September 17, 2019, 08:13:37 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
The point I would make (and I'm not a fan of Boris Johnson), what would you all have said if this had been him doing that to the Luxembourg leader?  You'd have crucified him.  What exactly in that position should he do?  Childish politics at play from the Luxembourg chap really.

Slightly amusing seeing some of the lefties heralding this guy also.  Because the policies of Luxembourg are so in line with the left's views aren't they?

The original point is, let them all be heard respectfully, that's not too much to ask is it?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #283 on September 17, 2019, 08:16:20 am by SydneyRover »
How many would be happy for Boris to make an 'executive decision' to take the UK out of the EU with no-deal without involving parliament.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #284 on September 17, 2019, 08:29:07 am by Not Now Kato »
How many would be happy for Boris to make an 'executive decision' to take the UK out of the EU with no-deal without involving parliament.

Sadly, based on media interviews and calls to programs like Jeremy Vine's, more than you might imagine!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #285 on September 17, 2019, 10:27:34 am by BillyStubbsTears »
BFYP.

It's childish and it's stupid. But. We did kind of start it. And the people who did that to Barnier were on a documentary chortling about how clever they were.

Like I said, if you want the moral high ground, it's better to be morally unimpeachable yourself.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #286 on September 17, 2019, 10:28:39 am by Ldr »
And its indicative of the cesspit that is politics and media in the world at present

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #287 on September 17, 2019, 11:48:32 am by foxbat »
Alastair Campbell‏

Verified account @campbellclaret 9m9 minutes ago

talkRADIO

It is an insult to the whole of Europe and to the intelligence of U.K. citizens that Johnson talks of progress in negotiations when he has not put forward one single credible coherent plan around which to negotiate

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #288 on September 17, 2019, 02:10:37 pm by scawsby steve »
Alastair Campbell‏

talkRADIO

It is an insult to the whole of Europe and to the intelligence of U.K. citizens that Johnson talks of progress in negotiations when he has not put forward one single credible coherent plan around which to negotiate

You might have a point FB, but seriously, Alastair Campbell? That's really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Even the Labour Party have f*cked him off.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #289 on September 17, 2019, 02:22:00 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Alastair Campbell‏

talkRADIO

You might have a point FB, but seriously, Alastair Campbell? That's really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Even the Labour Party have f*cked him off.

Sorry, but the bottom of the barrel is Dominic Cummings.

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #290 on September 17, 2019, 02:26:45 pm by foxbat »
whether you like Campbell or not , he's talking perfect sense over Brexit.
Glyn has managed to actually get down to the real dregs

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #291 on September 17, 2019, 04:59:04 pm by i_ateallthepies »
The point I would make (and I'm not a fan of Boris Johnson), what would you all have said if this had been him doing that to the Luxembourg leader?  You'd have crucified him.  What exactly in that position should he do?  Childish politics at play from the Luxembourg chap really.

Slightly amusing seeing some of the lefties heralding this guy also.  Because the policies of Luxembourg are so in line with the left's views aren't they?

The original point is, let them all be heard respectfully, that's not too much to ask is it?

For someone who is not a fan of Johnson you do seem to jump to his defence rather readily.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #292 on September 17, 2019, 05:06:41 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
It was clearly a bit of a silly set up, designed to paint him in an even worse light than hes already in. Saying that though, when you’re as pugnacious and bullish as Johnson then you’ve got to expect some come back. I’ve no problem with him being made to look a t**t

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #293 on September 17, 2019, 07:33:29 pm by idler »
I bet that a lot of people who meet Boris would get more sense out of an empty chair.
You can almost hear the wheels turning in his head as he bluffs through his answers.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #294 on September 17, 2019, 10:15:38 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
It was clearly a bit of a silly set up, designed to paint him in an even worse light than hes already in. Saying that though, when you’re as pugnacious and bullish as Johnson then you’ve got to expect some come back. I’ve no problem with him being made to look a t**t

Have you seen the latest? IDS has gone on about how we saved Luxembourg in the war and how they should be grateful in the Daily Splutter Mail, with the usual predictable online comments from all the gammons spluttering along with him.

The problem is, though, that it was the Americans that liberated Luxembourg.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #295 on September 18, 2019, 09:38:02 am by bobjimwilly »

Have you seen the latest? IDS has gone on about how we saved Luxembourg in the war and how they should be grateful in the Daily Splutter Mail, with the usual predictable online comments from all the gammons spluttering along with him.

The problem is, though, that it was the Americans that liberated Luxembourg.

Playing politics again, trying to appeal to the uneducated/right-wing readers of the Daily Fail.

Should all countries that were liberated during WWII owe the US/UK for the rest of time? IDS and the Government are beyond their depth and have pretty much admitted defeat at this point.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #296 on September 18, 2019, 10:45:26 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Well, Johnson's obviously got the coppers on side with that promise of new money. One old git shouts Vote Boris and this copper instinctively gives the salute.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #297 on September 18, 2019, 10:57:40 am by Bentley Bullet »
'Old git'! You're not guilty of ageism are you Billy lad! The police are now Boris following Nazis en all!

A great example of 'grown-up' politics from a snowflake who never practices what he preaches.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #298 on September 18, 2019, 11:15:08 am by BillyStubbsTears »
He's clearly old and he looks like a right git.

I'm not sure what your problem is BB.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #299 on September 18, 2019, 11:17:12 am by Bentley Bullet »
I haven't got a problem BST. I'm just pointing out the ones you have.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012