Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 10:45:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson  (Read 127438 times)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson
« Reply #451 on October 01, 2019, 12:21:56 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
LOL yes absolutely certain.

Politicians say one thing but do another in typical Politician style (same as I can remember for 50 years)

Whatever happens EU wise - I do not trust one word that Johnson says . He is a serial liar.

I have sympathy with people who say that all politicians bend the truth. But it's about the degree. Very, very few lie explicitly about objective truth. That's why the one in the hospital the other day was so worrying, when Johnson said that there was no press presence there...in front of the press. That was an insight into his approach to dealing with problems. Put him on the spot and his instinctive reaction is to lie.

You can't over-emphaise the fact that this is not normal. It is NOT what politicians usually do. It is pathologically dangerous

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #452 on October 01, 2019, 12:22:18 pm by bobjimwilly »
The opposition need to get their act together and vote for no confidence in the Prime Minister; then he'll look even more of a t**t

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #453 on October 01, 2019, 02:30:04 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49890199

Boris Johnson has rejected leaked claims overnight that the government has proposed "customs clearance zones" to tackle the Irish border issue.

So the Govt will have been planning to have customs clearance zones then.

So. As I was saying...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49890199

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #454 on October 01, 2019, 03:58:55 pm by scawsby steve »
The opposition need to get their act together and vote for no confidence in the Prime Minister; then he'll look even more of a t**t

Can't happen Bob. That would mean a government of national unity, and the other parties won't agree to Corbyn leading it.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #455 on October 01, 2019, 04:20:06 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Yeah. The LDs are showing their true colours aren't they?

Meatloaf politicians

They would do anything to stop No Deal, but they won't do that.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #456 on October 01, 2019, 04:50:39 pm by scawsby steve »
Yeah. The LDs are showing their true colours aren't they?

Meatloaf politicians

They would do anything to stop No Deal, but they won't do that.

I've said for many years that the Lib Dems are a party of chancers and opportunists; and Jo Swinson is just a joke.

wilts rover

• Forum Member

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #458 on October 01, 2019, 05:55:41 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I can just picture Malcolm Tucker turning up and shouting, "Hey you! Yes you, you great fat posh f**k. Just...just f**king stand over there and practice saying "Surrender Act". And try not to f**king touch anything."

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #459 on October 01, 2019, 06:38:35 pm by bobjimwilly »
I've said for many years that the Lib Dems are a party of chancers and opportunists; and Jo Swinson is just a joke.

that is something we can definitely agree on

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #460 on October 01, 2019, 07:41:32 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
We could say that about them all though couldn't we? None of them will budge as the next election is still more important to them all.

Parliament returned last week and what has parliament done in that time.  Nice win over boris but nothing else.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #461 on October 01, 2019, 08:03:34 pm by SydneyRover »
Just in: Johnson refuses to deny that he's a tw@t

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #462 on October 01, 2019, 08:24:55 pm by albie »
Swinson is just keeping up a long tradition for the LibDems.

Remember this;
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ECFKRvvXUAAs6uX.jpg

They followed up that winner with this:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ECFKSEtW4AASg4Q.jpg

You would not want to rely on them, would you?

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #463 on October 01, 2019, 08:56:58 pm by bobbymax »
Swinson's voting record is more right-wing than most Tories. If she facilitates a Johnson no deal, she's doing it for personal gain. Horrible woman who leads a near-dead party of delusional individuals.

• VSC Member
« Reply #464 on October 01, 2019, 09:10:18 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Amazing though isnt it.  Swinson saying she wont back Corbyn is an idiot, but Corbyn saying he'll only go for no confidence if he can be pm, is perfectly fine.....

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #465 on October 01, 2019, 09:17:39 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BFYP

When has Corbyn said that?

God knows I'm no fan of his, but to the best of my knowledge, he's said only that convention points to the Leader of the Opposition being the one to have first shot at forming a Govt in the event of a NC vote.

Swinson is the one playing silly f**kers there. Corbyn's being absolutely straight.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #466 on October 01, 2019, 10:05:40 pm by wilts rover »
I am not saying this is true, I have no idea, but Paul Mason was Economics Editor for Channel 4 & Newsnight - so you would expect knows a few people in the city:

Swinson wont support Corbyn because a number of city firms have become LD backers and they have told her not to. No Deal is better than Corbyn

https://twitter.com/paulmasonnews/status/1178938446267785216

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #467 on October 01, 2019, 10:32:03 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
For what it's worth, if the ONLY way of stopping No Deal was to put Ken Clark in No10 as temporary PM, I have no doubt that Corbyn would support that.

I'm not convinced that Swinson would put Corbyn in No10 if that was the only way of stopping No Deal.

If you think about it, crashing out on No Deal wouldn't be a bad outcome for the LDs. There would be outrage from 70% of the population, and the LDs would say, at the subsequent Election, "Well WE were the only party firmly in favour of Remain."

I'm not saying the Lads have no princi...

f**k it yes I am. This is the party that campaigned vigorously against Austerity in 2010, then signed up for it lock stock and barrel in Coalition, because the Leader said he had changed his mind a couple of days before the Election. But never told anyone.

A bunch of unprincipled shysters.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #468 on October 02, 2019, 07:11:46 am by Donnywolf »
.... I seem to rememeber they also had a very pro stance on PR and I was heartened - but they seemed to settle for something much less when in Coalition.

They also had the stance on Tuition Fees which was thrown overboard much to their cost and the Students it directly affected

Note : some of the above may not be quite accurate but my memory for such things has limitations - and I cant be bothered to look them up

Bringing it back to Johnson and politics as a whole - they rely on people like me and those who : were not alive or politically aware or remember to get away with the c**p they keep getting away with.

Have those Pacer Trains gone yet ? I do remember them because every transport Minister mentions them when there is trouble rail wise. Pacers are to be replaced to bring improvements and bring us up north in line with elsewhere as they are being replaced by luxurious Rolling Stock before 16 17 18 19 20 21 the end of 21 ?    1 of 79 replaced last time I knew
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 07:14:33 am by Donnywolf »

• VSC Member
« Reply #469 on October 02, 2019, 08:23:38 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
BFYP

God knows I'm no fan of his, but to the best of my knowledge, he's said only that convention points to the Leader of the Opposition being the one to have first shot at forming a Govt in the event of a NC vote.

Swinson is the one playing silly f**kers there. Corbyn's being absolutely straight.

A simple article here in the guardian for one.....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/2019/sep/30/opposition-parties-to-start-planning-for-national-unity-government

Or here from McDonnell...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/2019/oct/01/corbyn-caretaker-government-mcdonnell-labour

I'm pretty sure that backs up my point that all parties want it on their terms.....

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #470 on October 02, 2019, 08:36:23 am by DonnyOsmond »
So Corbyn himself has never said that.

• VSC Member
« Reply #471 on October 02, 2019, 08:50:04 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
No he absolutely does not drive the stance....

Ultimately wont happen though as the numbers will never be there.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 08:52:10 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #472 on October 02, 2019, 09:17:35 am by SydneyRover »
''Boris Johnson: £400m a week claim fact-checked'' By Reality Check

The claim: Boris Johnson said: "Were we obliged to the stay in the EU, we would need a bigger bus, because the figure would go up and I think it will be rising [to] £400m gross."

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-49891899

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #473 on October 02, 2019, 09:25:52 am by SydneyRover »
''Conference pledges but it's Brexit that will make or break PM

One diplomatic source, when asked if there was a way to tweak the deal, to use the political phrase, put lipstick on the pig, told me, "we do have a lipstick in our pocket, but we can only use it once".

Timing and trust may be everything. And we may know in a matter of days, not weeks, if there is a real chance of Boris Johnson achieving a deal''

johnson said ''oink''

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-49887640

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #474 on October 02, 2019, 09:36:20 am by SydneyRover »
Brexit plan revealed: Telegraph obtains proposal Boris Johnson will send to Brussels

Boris Johnson will on Wednesday unveil a radical new ‘two borders for four years’ Brexit plan which will leave Northern Ireland in a special relationship with Europe until 2025, The Telegraph can reveal.

The plan, which was briefed to major EU capitals on Tuesday, will accept the need for both a regulatory border between Great Britain and Northern Ireland in the Irish Sea for four years  - and customs checks between the North and the Republic of Ireland.

The UK’s proposed replacement for the existing Irish backstop is expected to face fierce opposition from EU leaders who will be asked to grant the UK sweeping exemptions from EU customs rules to ...... paywall

the super sleuths at the tele get the lowdown on johnson's latest pile of manure

Added:

the Times, the Tele and the Sun are locked in behind johnson's plan while the Express has a page full of contradictions and undecipherable rubbish
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 09:42:42 am by SydneyRover »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #475 on October 02, 2019, 09:57:59 am by BillyStubbsTears »
BFYP

A simple article here in the guardian for one.....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/2019/sep/30/opposition-parties-to-start-planning-for-national-unity-government

Or here from McDonnell...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/politics/2019/oct/01/corbyn-caretaker-government-mcdonnell-labour

I'm pretty sure that backs up my point that all parties want it on their terms.....

Point taken. I'd missed that.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #476 on October 02, 2019, 01:30:19 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Politics, late 2019 No.2.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MattChorley/status/1179353250824364032

Yeah alright. That'd be funny on a panel show.

Maybe that's what we've got. Just a reality TV star as f**king PM.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #478 on October 02, 2019, 07:59:20 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #479 on October 02, 2019, 08:30:51 pm by SydneyRover »
Oh my god, I don't believe it, fake nooze,

''Dominic Cummings accused of lying to undermine MPs

Johnson’s chief of staff lied to media about drafting of Benn act, Grieve says at PMQs''

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/oct/02/dominic-cummings-accused-of-lying-to-undermine-mps-boris-johnson-benn-act-pmqs

TinyPortal © 2005-2012