Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 03:12:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson  (Read 127479 times)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Re: Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson
« Reply #540 on October 20, 2019, 11:30:51 am by Donnywolf »
What's the score, how many times has johnson won a vote as PM in parliament? how many times has he lost?

And despite all the bull and bluster:

''Boris Johnson confirms he will seek Brexit delay, says Brussels

Donald Tusk says he is ‘waiting for letter’ that PM promised in phone call after Commons vote''

Johnson has confirmed in a phone call with the European council president Donald Tusk that he is sending a letter requesting a further Brexit delay beyond 31 October.

Despite the prime minister’s insistence that he would not “negotiate” a further extension of the UK’s membership of the EU, he confirmed on Saturday evening that he would be seeking such an extension.

“Waiting for the letter,” Tusk tweeted. “I just talked to PM Boris Johnson about the situation after the vote in the House of Commons.”

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/oct/19/eu-will-grant-brexit-extension-if-johnson-sends-letter-says-brussels

So on the same day, within hours of saying he will not negotiate another extension he rings Mr Tusk and states the opposite.

Put your hands up if you would vote for this man or his party.
He is trying to get Brexit done. Which is what the majority asked for. We had a referendum Sydney.
Yes over 3 years ago and all you anti Brexit lot who won’t accept the result of a democratic vote are doing everything to stop it happening. You call that democracy do you?
Prefer Corbyn would you. God help us all if he was PM. We will be running to the IMF in a matter of months if he tries to do what he says he will do.

I voted remain Sydney and i was on the losing side. I have accepted we will be leaving.
Democracy must win why can’t you understand that.

CR I WILL accept that Referendum result which was a while ago as you rightly point out WHEN the Result of the 75 Referendum (a long time ago I agree but same principle applies) by the Tory MPs and their offspring I suppose who have beavered away over the years to get their own way

That result too save you looking it up was (roughly) 66% REMAIN 33% LEAVE giving a majority of 33% 0r roughly 8 times more than the one in 2016  produced

They never left that alone and yes I agree things change but they wouldnt leave it alone until Cameron gave in to them in an attempt to shut them up forever but that failed and we are in this mess

WE cant have it both ways imo - and for the record I voted Leave in 75 (so I was on wrong end of that result as well)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #541 on October 20, 2019, 01:27:15 pm by Filo »
The letter sent without a signature is contempt of Parliament at the very least

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #542 on October 20, 2019, 01:36:34 pm by Not Now Kato »
Dear Boris

We normally go on holiday every year to a nice four star hotel on the Costa Blanca, it's not the best hotel in the world and needs a little renovation which would make it so much nicer.  However, we saw a wonderful advert for a holiday at a five star beach front hotel on the Costa Del Sol. The advert said it was all inclusive, and that 'everything' was included including the premium wines, beers and spirits.  Access to all the entertainment for both ourselves and our children at absolutely no extra cost whatsoever.  Even the flights were included, in premium class to boot - and all for less money than we were paying at our usual hotel.  As their advert said, All Inclusive means All Inclusive.  So I checked with the family; my wife thought we should go to our usual hotel but the children, (and my cousin who won't be going on holiday with us anyway), said we should go to the the new place as it sounded wonderful. So we paid our deposit and were looking forward to a truly great time, a better holiday than we've ever had before.

However, we've now found that the advert was somewhat incorrect in what it appeared to promise.  The flights are with Ryan Air, and there are no premium class seats on the flight.  We also have to change in Dublin, and again in CDG in France - the connecting flights allow for only a small amount time to collect our bags and take them to the next check in. The five star hotel hasn't been built yet and they propose putting us in a local bed-and-breakfast place which is around two miles from the nearest beach; oh, and there are no buses either to the beach or into the nearest town which is three miles away - though taxi's are available at cost, which we will have to pay for along with the cost of lunch, evening meals, drinks and entertainment for the kids.

So, my question to you is this - should I ask the family if they still want to go on this holiday or cancel it and go back to our usual four star hotel as they still have rooms available; or should we just go on this holiday as that's what the majority voted for in the first place?

Yours Sincerely

A. Brexiteer.

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #543 on October 20, 2019, 01:41:35 pm by foxbat »
Sums up the attitude precisely NNT . We now know Brexit is sh1t , but it's what we voted for  :chair:

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #544 on October 20, 2019, 02:32:13 pm by Donnywolf »
The letter sent without a signature is contempt of Parliament at the very least

Take your pick :

Im taking my ball home
Im throwing my toys out of the Pram

or Im a pompous buffoon

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #545 on October 20, 2019, 04:23:56 pm by SydneyRover »
No wonder the DUP were pissed off, rumours swirling around Whitehall say that johnson reneged on a promise with Arlene to get support, apparently  :)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #546 on October 20, 2019, 04:33:47 pm by Donnywolf »
Who would have thought he would lie or rat on his promises ?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #547 on October 20, 2019, 09:04:59 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Who would have thought he would lie or rat on his promises ?
You mean apart from the two wives he was unfaithful to and the lovechild he refuses to acknowledge?

It's an open and shut case that he's an initial liar. I'd just about accept that if he was REALLY good as a leader. Like JFK or Lloyd George.

Where's the evidence on him being any f**king use as a leader?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #548 on October 20, 2019, 09:13:05 pm by SydneyRover »
We spotted a toddler running around the piazza today and commented he looked just like johnson, the man's a menace  :)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #549 on October 20, 2019, 10:07:09 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Politicians lie and change their view often.  Plenty familiar faces in here.

https://youtu.be/mHZFICg6EIE

Note it doesnt at all excuse Johnson et al. But let's be clear others are no better.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #550 on October 20, 2019, 10:23:58 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Note it doesnt at all excuse Johnson et al. But let's be clear others are no better.

'Others are no better'?

If absolutely no-one is better than Boris Johnson we really are in the shit.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #551 on October 20, 2019, 10:28:10 pm by SydneyRover »
Please advise if I'm incorrect but these vids were made before the vote therefore before we knew of the corrupt process and the total mess made of the follow up by the non-inclusive tories. Changing your mind when you find out the truth is way different to changing your mind for political expedience.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #552 on October 21, 2019, 12:08:53 pm by bobjimwilly »

Changing your view based on facts and circumstances isn't lying.

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #553 on October 21, 2019, 01:15:59 pm by foxbat »

Jeremy Corbyn
‏Verified account @jeremycorbyn

Boris Johnson's trade deal with Donald Trump would see our NHS sold off to US corporations. Labour won't let this happen.

Tomorrow in parliament we were due to debate Johnson's harmful plans but he’s pulled it because he doesn't want his disastrous privatisation agenda exposed.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #554 on October 21, 2019, 05:12:30 pm by i_ateallthepies »

'Others are no better'?

If absolutely no-one is better than Boris Johnson we really are in the shit.

You only need read his many other posts when BJ gets criticised, a clear Johnson apologist.

• VSC Member
« Reply #555 on October 21, 2019, 08:44:16 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
You only have to read my posts to realise I dislike the guy. But I also dont like the lack of balance.  Dont pretend the other side are better they are not.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #556 on October 21, 2019, 08:48:02 pm by SydneyRover »
You only have to read my posts to realise I dislike the guy. But I also dont like the lack of balance.  Dont pretend the other side are better they are not.
I agree that you are not a johnson supporter but to claim other parties or politicians are the same as this conservative party or johnson is just plain wrong.

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #557 on October 21, 2019, 10:03:59 pm by foxbat »
Johnson and the Eton Toffs are in a league of their own in this department,  except for Trump  .

I've often told those of the ' don't vote - they are all bas**rds etc
then vote for the least worse

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #558 on October 22, 2019, 12:11:21 am by BillyStubbsTears »

BFYP

This is the cancer of the modern debate. Don't you see that?

We've had 40 years of bone idle "oh they're all liars" rubbish. And then when REAL liars like Trump and Johnson come along, we are anaesthetised to it.

Do you not see how dangerous that is?

You HAVE to call out denial of objective truth when it happens. Otherwise you're on the slope to losing democracy.

It is a simple fact that most politicians are NOT liars like Trump and Johnson are. They dissemble, they avoid, they evade. But they do not normally lie outright.

Johnson does and always has done. That is a different class of untruthfulness.

Point me to ANYTHING on "the other side" that compares to the one that Johnson did the other week. When confronted about using a hospital visit as a photo op his gut reaction was to deny there was press there. In front of the press.

Don't you see what that says? How his automatic reaction when put under pressure is to deny objective truth. And can you find me any politician on the "other side" who does that?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #559 on October 22, 2019, 10:54:39 am by SydneyRover »
It's gobsmacking that a court order was required to force Johnson into a position where he can't throw the toys out of the pram in his desire to wreck the UK but doubly so when a another court order is required to ensure he complies with the first one. Someone should give the baby a good smacking  :)

''Scottish judges have delayed a final ruling on whether Boris Johnson is in contempt of court to ensure he agrees to an extension to Brexit.

Lord Carloway, the country’s most senior judge, said they needed to be sure the prime minister did not try to block or sabotage the application he was forced to make on Saturday night for an extension to Brexit until 31 January.

The court’s decision, issued after a short hearing at the court of session in Edinburgh, means Johnson faces being held in contempt if judges rule he has failed to honour pledges made to court not to frustrate the extension process.''

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/oct/21/scottish-judges-delay-ruling-boris-johnson-contempt-of-court-case

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #560 on October 23, 2019, 07:29:07 pm by foxbat »
ignore the foreign owned,  tax dodging,  right wing press, the tide has turned.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #561 on October 23, 2019, 08:21:27 pm by wilts rover »

How Boris Johnson has turned lying and deception into his main (only)  policy and the mainstream media have fallen for it - and become willing participants in legitimising and spreading Downing Street's fake news.

By that nasty far left journalist Peter Oborne (formerly Daily Telegraph now Daily Mail).
https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/opendemocracyuk/british-journalists-have-become-part-of-johnsons-fake-news-machine/
https://www.channel4.com/news/peter-oborne-downing-street-putting-out-fake-news

Johnson has now stopped even pretending to tell the truth
https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/boris-johnson-jeremy-corbyn-pmqs-house-of-commons-a9167901.html

There is no balance here. It's not the Zinoviev letter v weapons of mass destruction. It is a deliberate policy of mass deception and propoganda on the British public. People are blaming Cummings but I dont think Steve Bannon is given the credit he deserves. You either fall for it or challenge it. End of.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #562 on October 24, 2019, 02:27:29 am by SydneyRover »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #563 on October 24, 2019, 02:42:19 pm by SydneyRover »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #564 on October 24, 2019, 03:49:06 pm by SydneyRover »
The Labour leader hit out at the provisions in the Brexit bill which offer "no real protection".

And the Prime Minister ducked the crucial question about why he had moved workers' rights and environmental standards out of the legally binding withdrawal bill and into the political declaration.
The leaders clashed during a heated Prime Minister's Questions held minutes after a meeting between the two leaders over the parliamentary timetable finished without agreement.

It came after the Prime Minister's bill passed its crucial second reading but was halted in its tracks after MP's voted against

The PM decided to "pause" the legislation following the defeat of the programme motion. 

MPs refused to allow the PM to restrict scrutiny of bill to just three days in effort to meet 31 October deadline.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/boris-johnson-cant-explain-workers-20705784

johnson, he just can't be trusted???????????????????????????

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #565 on October 24, 2019, 06:04:37 pm by SydneyRover »
''If I win a majority in this election, we will then ratify the great new deal that I have negotiated, get Brexit done in January and the country will move on.”''

Stinking fish, come and get it.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #566 on October 24, 2019, 09:46:51 pm by Donnywolf »
I dont regard myself as a "bright spark" by any means but why havent the Opposition Parties thought of saying :

You are trying to call a General Election and blaming us for running scared (particularly of the Result).

However we offer a counter proposal and that is - we will go through your Agreement or as you call it (absolutely exceptional deal) in a timely fashion and pass it. One condition -: If we DO pass it we would require a confirmatory vote to be put to the electorate

2 Questions only would be needed

1) Do you agree to accepting Johnsons (exceptionally good) deal and if yes we will leave the EU at the earliest possible time

2) Do you wish to Remain in the EU

That would then establish who is scared of what - and have the very great bonus that at last and at least the question of our EU Membership would be sorted for a generation or two

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #567 on October 27, 2019, 03:22:30 am by SydneyRover »
Jenni Russell, The NY Times:

''The simplest way to decipher what’s going on in British politics these days is not to believe a word that the prime minister says.
Whether he’s declaring that he’ll get Britain out of the European Union by next Thursday, “do or die,” or that he’d rather be dead in a ditch than ask the union for an extension, or that Parliament has already endorsed his deal — these significant and powerful political statements, delivered with what appears to be full-throated conviction, have all turned out to be lies.

That is the lens through which to see Mr. Johnson’s latest ploy: offering members of Parliament a few days longer to scrutinize his recently agreed upon deal with Europe, as long as they agree to hold a general election on Dec. 12.''

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/26/opinion/boris-brexit-conservatives.html?action=click&module=Opinion&pgtype=Homepage

but what would jenni Russell know?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jenni_Russell

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #568 on October 27, 2019, 05:22:41 am by SydneyRover »
this from the FT adds weight to the post above.

''The British government is planning to diverge from the EU on regulation and workers’ rights after Brexit, despite its pledge to maintain a “level playing field” in prime minister Boris Johnson’s deal, according to an official paper shared by ministers this week.

The government paper drafted by Dexeu, the Brexit department, with input from Downing Street stated that the UK was open to significant divergence, even though Brussels is insisting on comparable regulatory provisions.''

https://www.ft.com/content/5eb0944e-f67c-11e9-9ef3-eca8fc8f2d65

johnson must go by the rule 'never give a sucker an even break'

• VSC Member
« Reply #569 on October 27, 2019, 10:16:02 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Yet, the latest poll this morning has the tories on 40%, 16 points ahead. Seems a bit high for me but he must be doing something right...

TinyPortal © 2005-2012