Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:45:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson  (Read 126088 times)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson
« Reply #1050 on March 27, 2020, 12:10:41 pm by IDM »
It would be stupid and crass to fake it..

I don’t like his policies but that’s as far as it goes, the rest isn’t personal.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #1051 on March 27, 2020, 12:15:17 pm by Filo »
It would be stupid and crass to fake it..

I don’t like his policies but that’s as far as it goes, the rest isn’t personal.

It’s not personal here either, I wish him well if he has it, he has done a lot of crass and stupid things in the past though

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #1052 on March 27, 2020, 12:15:28 pm by IDM »
I’ve just watched the video on the tweet sent out, he’s developed a persistent cough he never coughed once on the video, not even a sign of holding a cough in. He says he has a high temperature but shows now signs of sweating, something associated with a high temperature, he’s sat there in a jacket shirt and tie, not something you would wear if you had a temperature, I’m sceptical he has it

Why don’t you ask him, if you can reach him, how many takes it took to make his video.?

Why the hell does there have to be a conspiracy.?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1053 on March 27, 2020, 12:16:13 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
One thought.

I wonder if we have enough famous people now infected to be able to estimate what percentage of famous people are infected and therefore what percentage of the general public is likely to be infected?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1054 on March 27, 2020, 12:17:34 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Trust is a key issue here. When you have made your career through being a pathological liar, it's understandable that people jump to the conclusion that they are being bullshitted, even if you are telling the truth.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #1055 on March 27, 2020, 12:26:02 pm by IDM »
That’s most politicians f**ked then, eh BST.?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1056 on March 27, 2020, 01:13:43 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
IDM.

There are very, very few politicians who have lied like Johnson has done.

I assume he'll have plenty of time stuck at home making those orange crates into models of buses while he's poorly.

https://www.indy100.com/article/simon-mccoy-boris-johnson-bbc-news-model-bus-painting-brexit-watch-video-8974246

It's kind of difficult to expect to be taken as an honest and trustworthy leader in a crisis when you've spent your career smirkingly making up shite like that.

By the way. Brilliant response by the BBC news presented at the end of that video.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #1057 on March 27, 2020, 01:21:10 pm by drfchound »
Let's hope he stays healthy or it's prime minister Raab (god help us).

I think that your post should have had full stop after healthy.

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #1058 on March 27, 2020, 01:24:09 pm by keyser_soze »
Hancock has it too now. :o

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #1059 on March 27, 2020, 01:31:03 pm by Filo »
Tested yesterday afternoon, got the results at midnight, amazing how quick the turnaround was for him

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #1060 on March 27, 2020, 01:33:33 pm by drfchound »
He does have a particularly important job though so why not.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #1061 on March 27, 2020, 01:41:23 pm by Filo »

He supposed to have mild symptoms, the advice is not to contact the NHS and self isolate at first. Tests are also taking 3 or 4 days to turn around he gets his in hours. The most important people to test for me are the ones in the direct line of fire on Hospital wards

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #1062 on March 27, 2020, 01:52:36 pm by Ldr »
He was advised to by the CMO, no offence Filo mate, theres a reason you're not in charge

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1063 on March 27, 2020, 03:13:18 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Ldr.

Tell you what mate. If I were in charge, I wouldn't have been bragging at a press conference that I'd shaken everyone's hand at a CV-19 ward, or that I was planning to have the family round for Mother's Day last Sunday.

Strange that you pick up on Filo but you give Johnson a pass on his rank idiocy.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #1064 on March 27, 2020, 03:23:34 pm by IDM »
Indeed, I don’t necessarily agree with Filo, but that doesn’t make Johnson less of an arse.

However and I repeat, whatever I think of Johnson I wish him no ill and that he recovers - and that goes for everyone in that situation too..

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #1065 on March 27, 2020, 03:39:41 pm by Ldr »
Ldr.

Tell you what mate. If I were in charge, I wouldn't have been bragging at a press conference that I'd shaken everyone's hand at a CV-19 ward, or that I was planning to have the family round for Mother's Day last Sunday.

Strange that you pick up on Filo but you give Johnson a pass on his rank idiocy.

The mans an idiot mate (not Filo) but hes the PM and I'd rather have him running than Raab

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1066 on March 27, 2020, 03:46:49 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Agreed.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1067 on March 27, 2020, 03:57:16 pm by wilts rover »

Unlike of course the actual people diagnosing and treating the actual covid-19 patients.

These of course are the people who Hancock said last week were being provided with PPE - until they contacted the media so say they weren't, for the service Hancock said last week was participating in the EU procurement bid for more ventillators. Until his boss said yesterday we weren't.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #1068 on March 27, 2020, 05:08:14 pm by drfchound »

Unlike of course the actual people diagnosing and treating the actual covid-19 patients.

These of course are the people who Hancock said last week were being provided with PPE - until they contacted the media so say they weren't, for the service Hancock said last week was participating in the EU procurement bid for more ventillators. Until his boss said yesterday we weren't.

Wilts, there is no need to have a pop at me for saying that BJ has an important job.
And of course the NHS workers on the front line should get a test too, I didn’t say anything to the contrary.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1069 on March 27, 2020, 06:07:00 pm by wilts rover »

Wilts, there is no need to have a pop at me for saying that BJ has an important job.
And of course the NHS workers on the front line should get a test too, I didn’t say anything to the contrary.

Don't take it personally hound.

The two posts above you were about Matt Hancock, whose job is to give the NHS the tools and equipment it requires to keep us safe - and to inform the public as to what is required of them.

You make up your own mind as to how well he has been doing it. The job is important - him doing it isn't.

At best careless - at worst negligent as Sky tv have just said.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1070 on March 27, 2020, 06:18:25 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Hancock is having a shocker. This, more than any time in our recent history, is a time when we want to be able to trust Govt to be straight with us.

Hancock has had several weeks of responding to tough questions by flat out lying. How on earth can we trust him when he is incapable of answering simple, important questions honestly?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1071 on March 27, 2020, 07:29:34 pm by wilts rover »
I dislike Jeremy Hunt with a passion for the state he has left the NHS in - but I am afraid if Johnson wants to get a grip on this crises he should replace Hannock with him.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1072 on March 27, 2020, 07:57:27 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I dislike Jeremy Hunt with a passion for the state he has left the NHS in - but I am afraid if Johnson wants to get a grip on this crises he should replace Hannock with him.

I was thinking exactly the same thing yesterday.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1073 on March 27, 2020, 08:32:04 pm by SydneyRover »
So here we have a person, head of the government with considerable influence that has flouted expert advice, the advice from his own government and given impressionable people reason to do the same on tv and has put others at unnecessary risk of illness at best and possible death at worst and taken badly needed resources away from others what a complete ****ing ****head.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #1074 on March 28, 2020, 06:59:02 am by Donnywolf »

My thoughts for what they may be worth ?

Jeremy Hunt was a lightweight BUT was probably chosen specifically for that reason IF and its a big if the NHS was being a) set up for a change in the way it is run and funded or b) being continually run down during austerity and lets face it long before that

So I dont specifically blame him for that - as others (Grayling anyone ?) could have been awarded the poisoned chalice

Secondly and others may disagree - I think we have in Cabinet and other positions the most inept set of Politicians I can ever remember. I think they were in the right places and fitted the right criteria during the "leave the EU saga" and are now being duly rewarded by Johnson

This leaves people like Hancock grossly exposed - and found wanting as many others are (I wont expand on that) and he looks way out of his depth so I have come round to agreeing with you. I would have Hunt in there like a shot as he would be more in control than Han-cog seems to be
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 07:04:12 am by Donnywolf »

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #1075 on March 28, 2020, 07:20:17 am by Donnywolf »
Trust is a key issue here. When you have made your career through being a pathological liar, it's understandable that people jump to the conclusion that they are being bullshitted, even if you are telling the truth.

I must be becoming more cynical as I age because my first thought was not :

a) serves the b*****d right

b) well I suppose it was bound to happen

NO it was the same as some on here - in that I wondered if it was "real" or a stunt to show him as "one of us" human and vulnerable which is a sad state of affairs when an elector like myself even THINKS that.

However it was and is prompted as BST has pointed out above - he Johnson is without doubt the biggest proven liar I have ever noticed in Politics since I have been interested if thats the right word. Others will have told porkies but he has been proven to do it again and again and been exposed as well but it seems like water off a ducks back

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #1076 on March 28, 2020, 10:38:32 am by tyke1962 »

I must be becoming more cynical as I age because my first thought was not :

a) serves the b*****d right

b) well I suppose it was bound to happen

NO it was the same as some on here - in that I wondered if it was "real" or a stunt to show him as "one of us" human and vulnerable which is a sad state of affairs when an elector like myself even THINKS that.

However it was and is prompted as BST has pointed out above - he Johnson is without doubt the biggest proven liar I have ever noticed in Politics since I have been interested if thats the right word. Others will have told porkies but he has been proven to do it again and again and been exposed as well but it seems like water off a ducks back

My initial thoughts too yesterday wolf .

I'm deeply sceptical because he's a career liar and that's a proven fact .

Johnson is capable of anything , his past record tells you he is .

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1077 on March 28, 2020, 10:46:03 am by bpoolrover »
Why not just wish the man a speedy recovery lol

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #1078 on March 28, 2020, 11:06:51 am by Filo »
Why not just wish the man a speedy recovery lol

If he has it I wish him well, but I’m not remotely convinced he has it

How come only the rich, privileged and famous only get mild symptoms?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1079 on March 28, 2020, 11:15:39 am by SydneyRover »
I struggle to think what a lot here would think if drfc was run the same way as this shower are running the country absolute idiots.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012