Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:26:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brexit - the gift that keeps on giving.  (Read 11985 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Brexit - the gift that keeps on giving.
« Reply #30 on January 21, 2020, 01:47:56 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
PS. Did you ever dig out that link to the car sales story?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on January 21, 2020, 03:04:06 pm by selby »
  As long as you are happy with it I am, I would hate for you to become apprehensive about things, let's keep with the doom eh.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on January 21, 2020, 03:47:37 pm by selby »
  No Billy not that bothered the figures will be out at the end of the month to compare with last January.

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on January 21, 2020, 05:12:41 pm by foxbat »
I know it's a long way from Donny but -

Car parts factory Antolin Interiors to close Hartlip factory putting 300 jobs at risk

Up to 300 workers face losing their jobs after a major employer announced it is to shut its factory.
Staff at Antolin Interiors, which makes car parts for companies like Jaguar Land Rover have been told the site in Spade Lane off the A2 at Hartlip near Sittingbourne is to close.

"The mood in the factory is very low. Everybody is gutted. For the past year we have been worrying about our jobs but we were told it was OK.
"We all knew we were losing business but definitely did not expect to close so soon."

"The company has decided to move our work to the Midlands into other plants as they have more plants up there. They say our plant is not performing, mainly due to Brexit.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on January 21, 2020, 05:42:04 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
  No Billy not that bothered the figures will be out at the end of the month to compare with last January.

So what on earth were you talking about last week then, when you quote figures that aren't released till the end of the month?

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on January 21, 2020, 07:11:12 pm by scawsby steve »
Is Brexit the reason we can't get players over the line?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on January 21, 2020, 07:11:50 pm by drfchound »

Car parts factory Antolin Interiors to close Hartlip factory putting 300 jobs at risk

Up to 300 workers face losing their jobs after a major employer announced it is to shut its factory.
Staff at Antolin Interiors, which makes car parts for companies like Jaguar Land Rover have been told the site in Spade Lane off the A2 at Hartlip near Sittingbourne is to close.

"The mood in the factory is very low. Everybody is gutted. For the past year we have been worrying about our jobs but we were told it was OK.
"We all knew we were losing business but definitely did not expect to close so soon."

"The company has decided to move our work to the Midlands into other plants as they have more plants up there. They say our plant is not performing, mainly due to Brexit.

Could that be the fault of people who voted to leave the EU?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on January 21, 2020, 07:29:11 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

If it's down to brexit why move to the Midlands? Sounds like a move they'd have made anyway.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on January 21, 2020, 09:58:46 pm by SydneyRover »
Maybe it's the general downturn in the enonomy caused by the uncertainty of brexit. It has been going on for more than 3 years. Low growth low wages low spending = low manufacturing.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on January 21, 2020, 10:38:46 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Maybe it's the general downturn in the enonomy caused by the uncertainty of brexit. It has been going on for more than 3 years. Low growth low wages low spending = low manufacturing.

Erm, thus it isnt a downturn is it?  Low perhaps but not going backwards.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on January 21, 2020, 10:58:43 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BFYP.

We are in a decade-long slump compared to our economic performance for 60 years after WWII. Brexit is doing, and will continue to exacerbate that. No one sensibly doubts that.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on January 21, 2020, 11:06:20 pm by selby »
  Diesel, electric, duel fuel, a discussion on the radio today with experts came up with the choice at the moment is duel fuel favourite, great deals available  on  Diesel the savings buy a lot of fuel if you are prepared to keep the car a long time. Fully electric what happens when the battery is no good after five years? the car is worthless, how will the battery be disposed of? the infrastructure for charging could cost up to £50 billion.
   The general concurrences was, don't buy unless you have to for two years, and probably Hydrogen will be the winner in the end. If you have to and live in  country, tow a caravan, do a lot of mileage, only go into town and city rarely diesel but drive a bargain. for city and general duel fuel. Electric were only a small percentage of car sales last year, if you do only short journeys live in a city or built up area, and have charging facilities, and can afford another five to seven years down the line Electric will do the job.
  Please dispose of the batteries responsibly.

drfcdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on January 21, 2020, 11:14:22 pm by drfcdrfc »

You completely made it up ya silly old t**t.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on January 21, 2020, 11:23:54 pm by selby »
  I don't think so buddy, just don't honestly  know what programme it was on, Whoever it was did state that car sales this month were up on the sales in January last year,
  Until I or whoever sees or hears the figures again then we will see. I do know what I heard while driving let's wait and see.
  I know people will come on at me if I misheard, but stand by your beds I will let you know if I am correct.  Might even give you a pan handle to wear with name calling like that buddy.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 11:32:50 pm by selby »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on January 22, 2020, 12:24:27 am by SydneyRover »
Maybe a beter plan would be to

Listen carefully

ask yourself-is it probable?

take notes

eat said notes  :)  :)

drfcdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on January 22, 2020, 12:37:46 am by drfcdrfc »
  I don't think so buddy, just don't honestly  know what programme it was on, Whoever it was did state that car sales this month were up on the sales in January last year,
  Until I or whoever sees or hears the figures again then we will see. I do know what I heard while driving let's wait and see.
  I know people will come on at me if I misheard, but stand by your beds I will let you know if I am correct.  Might even give you a pan handle to wear with name calling like that buddy.

Convenient you can't remember where you heard it. I'd probably say the same if I just made something up and got called out on it as well.

I work in the supply chain for a well known automotive company, which is why I know your talking b*llocks.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on January 22, 2020, 07:52:53 am by drfchound »
  Diesel, electric, duel fuel, a discussion on the radio today with experts came up with the choice at the moment is duel fuel favourite, great deals available  on  Diesel the savings buy a lot of fuel if you are prepared to keep the car a long time. Fully electric what happens when the battery is no good after five years? the car is worthless, how will the battery be disposed of? the infrastructure for charging could cost up to £50 billion.
   The general concurrences was, don't buy unless you have to for two years, and probably Hydrogen will be the winner in the end. If you have to and live in  country, tow a caravan, do a lot of mileage, only go into town and city rarely diesel but drive a bargain. for city and general duel fuel. Electric were only a small percentage of car sales last year, if you do only short journeys live in a city or built up area, and have charging facilities, and can afford another five to seven years down the line Electric will do the job.

Is duel fuel something you drink before a gunfight.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on January 22, 2020, 09:44:35 am by selby »
 Drfc, I might have been repeating b*llocks, that I can't substantiate but stop telling me I am a liar, I don't even have any reason to be in this case.
   And instead of coming on here wasting time calling me a liar, look for another job.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on January 22, 2020, 11:48:43 am by Not Now Kato »

Is duel fuel something you drink before a gunfight.

ROFL   :thumbsup:

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on January 22, 2020, 05:20:09 pm by Donnywolf »
Youll never get up again !

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on January 22, 2020, 05:21:14 pm by drfchound »
Wolfie, that is something I haven’t had a problem with.........so far anyway.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on January 23, 2020, 11:26:17 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Mr Dunt has put together a few Q&A's

https://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/2020/01/23/brexit-2020-everything-you-need-to-know-about-johnson-s-trad

Most of that looks like what I've been telling people for the past four years.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on January 24, 2020, 12:32:15 pm by selby »
  Glyn, did you ever predict he would win an election so easily?

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on January 24, 2020, 12:41:50 pm by Not Now Kato »
The Americans seem to have a better grasp on Brexit than we do

https://twitter.com/Jim_Cornelius/status/1011736467310301184

« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 01:04:10 pm by Not Now Kato »

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on January 24, 2020, 12:47:51 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
  Glyn, did you ever predict he would win an election so easily?

When you explain what knowing Customs Law has to do with your blather I might consider trying to do the same.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on January 24, 2020, 12:48:52 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

https://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/2020/01/23/brexit-2020-everything-you-need-to-know-about-johnson-s-trad

Erm...that's exactly what Sydney's posted...

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on January 24, 2020, 01:05:52 pm by Not Now Kato »

Erm...that's exactly what Sydney's posted...

Whoops, apologies, I posted the wrong link.  Have amended my original post, but here it is anway....

https://twitter.com/Jim_Cornelius/status/1011736467310301184

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on January 24, 2020, 02:48:19 pm by foxbat »
Seb Dance MEP🌹🇪🇺@SebDance

British kids will be at a disadvantage.

Say you have a child who studies biochemistry.

The Swiss biotech firm hires

(a) the CH/ EU/ EEA national with the freedom to work and live across Europe

or

(b) the Brit who needs expensive permits and visas.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012