Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:11:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 860502 times)

normal rules

• Forum Member
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #14550 on November 27, 2021, 02:41:23 pm by normal rules »
2 confirmed cases of omicron in the uk now. Let’s hope all the fuss is un justified. We won’t know for 2 weeks though .

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14551 on November 27, 2021, 05:35:57 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Face coverings now mandatory in shops and retail...........but not hospitality?! Ok. More inconsistent rules that make no sense. Omicron can't spread when people are out having a meal can it.

I won't be wearing a face covering ever again, unless the virus mutates into an Ebola style virus.

Nor will my family. Nor will my child at school when the inevitable clamour to bring back mask wearing in class gathers pace next week.

No to masks. No to restrictions.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #14552 on November 27, 2021, 06:39:08 pm by normal rules »
So I have to wear a mask in Asda, but not weatherspoons.
Utter utter madness.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14553 on November 27, 2021, 06:48:49 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Utter utter madness.

Totally agree. I can go to cinema maskless but in Tesco i can't.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #14554 on November 27, 2021, 06:55:43 pm by Filo »
Utter utter madness.

In my taxi you have a choice, wear a mask or walk

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #14555 on November 27, 2021, 06:58:14 pm by River Don »
Utter utter madness.

It's purely about business.

Wearing a mask doesn't much affect shoppers in supermarkets. Wearing a mask in a pub. It can't be done.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14556 on November 27, 2021, 07:14:31 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Utter utter madness.

You are breaking the law by doing this, but obviously i wouldn't use your taxi.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14557 on November 27, 2021, 07:19:24 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Utter utter madness.

It's purely about business.

Wearing a mask doesn't much affect shoppers in supermarkets. Wearing a mask in a pub. It can't be done.

Agree.

Masks are not required in the places where the virus is most likely to spread such as busy pubs, nightclubs etc but you have to wear masks in shops. It is another example of a pathetic Government having to be seen to be doing something, even if that something is completely pointless and nonsensical.

Either this is serious shit and we want to stop the spread so we close businesses again like nightlcubs and pubs or we don't bother and ignore this ludicrous mandate which will not make a blind bit of difference. No wonder many more people are opting to just ignore this Government and their inconsistent and crackers Covid rules.

I also find it amusing how he goes on about having a better Christmas than last year as though somehow he holds the power of whether we have a good Christmas or not. I think you'll find that this year Boris, many people will just be doing what the hell they want regardless of any restrictions because it is THEIR Christmas. Not yours. So screw you fuzzy head!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #14558 on November 27, 2021, 07:22:50 pm by Filo »
Utter utter madness.

We reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone that we see fit to, be it a very drunk person, a violent person or a anti mask person. I have the right to earn a living without being put in potential danger, whatever the situation may be

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14559 on November 27, 2021, 07:25:17 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Utter utter madness.

We reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone that we see fit to, be it a very drunk person, a violent person or a anti mask person. I have the right to earn a living without being put in potential danger, whatever the situation may be

I agree Filo but if i were to approach you and ask for a taxi ride and said i was exempt from wearing a mask and you refused. You are breaking the law.

You are perfectly entitled to refuse a drunk or someone who is being aggressive sure, but not someone on the basis that they say they are exempt from wearing a mask. I appreciate it is a very difficult situation for you.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14560 on November 27, 2021, 07:31:48 pm by wilts rover »
Just had an email from our head (working on a Saturday night) saying they are re-introducing bubbles, masks in communal areas and daily testing for staff from Monday. Staff have also been asked to prepare virtual lessons again should that become necessary.

Clearly he should have been at the press conference.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14561 on November 27, 2021, 07:39:34 pm by ravenrover »
You know it does get a liitle boring now when the same poster deems it necessary to tell is time and time again that they won't be jabbed or wear a mask or take any notice of what the requirements are. Wonder if they are also part of Extinction Rebellion or the Insulation lot please go and glue some part of your body to the road

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #14562 on November 27, 2021, 07:42:43 pm by Filo »
Utter utter madness.

I agree Filo but if i were to approach you and ask for a taxi ride and said i was exempt from wearing a mask and you refused. You are breaking the law.

You are perfectly entitled to refuse a drunk or someone who is being aggressive sure, but not someone on the basis that they say they are exempt from wearing a mask. I appreciate it is a very difficult situation for you.

We are regulated by our Licensing Authourity DMBC, during the period where masks became mandatory, they sent out a directive to all taxi and private hire operators telling us that exemptions didn’t count in a licensed vehicle due to the confined space of that vehicle, we are ruled by what they say or risk a licence revoke. It was surprising during that time how many claimed exemption waving an amazon bought exemption card, selfish people! There was one incident where I pulled up at a house for the passenger to have two or three big drags on her fag before discarding it and then waving an exemtiin card claim she was exempt due to breathing problems, thats the type of people we have to deal with

P.S. it would also be illegal for me to pick you up if you approached me as I would be driving a private hire vehicle, private hire are not allowed to ply for trade
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 07:45:09 pm by Filo »

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14563 on November 27, 2021, 07:48:14 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
You know it does get a liitle boring now when the same poster deems it necessary to tell is time and time again that they won't be jabbed or wear a mask or take any notice of what the requirements are. Wonder if they are also part of Extinction Rebellion or the Insulation lot please go and glue some part of your body to the road

Well it is a thread on Coronavirus and one where views on that particular subject can be aired so i'm surprised you have found an issue here. Maybe you feel threatened in some way that another person won't do as you wish and this is the reason for your expression of insecurity through the vilification of someone else?

Either way. I shall not be gluing myself to any road and i also won't be partaking in any Covid restrictions. Just thought i'd remind you again.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #14564 on November 27, 2021, 08:05:55 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I really do not get the aggressiveness of people who want to assert their right not to wear a mask.

What do they gain by this insistence?

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14565 on November 27, 2021, 08:08:55 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Utter utter madness.

We are regulated by our Licensing Authourity DMBC, during the period where masks became mandatory, they sent out a directive to all taxi and private hire operators telling us that exemptions didn’t count in a licensed vehicle due to the confined space of that vehicle, we are ruled by what they say or risk a licence revoke. It was surprising during that time how many claimed exemption waving an amazon bought exemption card, selfish people! There was one incident where I pulled up at a house for the passenger to have two or three big drags on her fag before discarding it and then waving an exemtiin card claim she was exempt due to breathing problems, thats the type of people we have to deal with

P.S. it would also be illegal for me to pick you up if you approached me as I would be driving a private hire vehicle, private hire are not allowed to ply for trade

Take your point about approaching the vehicle and not being allowed to be picked up.

I also take your point about the taking advantage of exemptions rule that people do do get away with not wearing masks. However, if a person has a genuine disability or impairment and they cannot wear a mask, then you cannot refuse them. It is against the Equality Act 2010 and a discriminatory act against a person with a protected characteristic. If that person is telling the truth and does have a genuine need for exemption and they decide to sue, you are in trouble. I do not believe that you have been given the correct information by the DMBC on this matter.

The issue is that many people who do not have a genuine exemption try to get away with it and what i am saying is that you can refuse by all means and most will just walk away, but if you turn away someone genuine then they can commence litigation for disability discrimination under the Equality Act 2010. This is what my research has led me to believe as i am actually exempt anyway but i did wear a mask until May this year, when i decided i had enough of being lied to by the Government and had enough of seeing politicians using masks as theatre.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14566 on November 27, 2021, 08:28:49 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
I really do not get the aggressiveness of people who want to assert their right not to wear a mask.

What do they gain by this insistence?

I think Billy, it is a response to constantly being told that we are selfish people by not wearing one when i know a lot of us are far from it. It is also a defiance mentality. I hate people in authority and have never responded well to being ordered about or told what to do, even if it might be beneficial for me or for others. The feelings of resistance are just too strong to be able to dampen.

Also, i am yet to be convinced by the effectiveness of mask wearing on the basis of the studies done that i have seen. Perhaps if we all had to wear those FFP3 respirators instead of bits of cloth that serve no purpose, as don't those surgical ones in non clinical settings, then that would make more sense and would be more effective and consistent.

It would also help if the rules on mask wearing were consistent. If they are not then how can they be taken seriously? It would also help if politicians stuck to their own rules instead of flouting mask rules literally everywhere they go. Creating the one rule for them scenario that further causes alienation and non compliance.

It is multifactorial. Of course, some folk just think it is all a load of b*llocks and that's good enough for them.

Does the danger posed to most people warrant the repeated wearing of masks?

Then there is the issue around schoolkids and effectively normalising the wearing of masks and reinforcing the anxiety in them that there is a dangerous virus around and if you don't wear a mask you could kill granny. Perhaps of all the reasons, the disregard shown to children and the mental health of children when it comes to mask wearing and testing etc has pissed me off the most.

I also do not wear a mask to show my impressionable child that there has been an over reaction, wearing masks is not needed, it is not normal and there is nothing to fear. There is also nothing for my child to be responsible for if my child sees granny without a mask and granny dies. It is how viruses work as part of the natural world.

It has been a neverending media onslaught towards those people who resist Covid measures and as someone who holds minority views and is frequently misunderstood about most things, due to neurological differences i was born with,  i naturally lean towards nailing my colours to the mast of the underdog.

I do however fully appreciate that repetitive insistence is tiresome to most people. As is being told to do things all the time that we don't want to do. I find that relentless.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14567 on November 27, 2021, 08:32:07 pm by ravenrover »

Well it is a thread on Coronavirus and one where views on that particular subject can be aired so i'm surprised you have found an issue here. Maybe you feel threatened in some way that another person won't do as you wish and this is the reason for your expression of insecurity through the vilification of someone else?

Either way. I shall not be gluing myself to any road and i also won't be partaking in any Covid restrictions. Just thought i'd remind you again.

It's stilll boring and not necessary, once is enough

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14568 on November 27, 2021, 08:38:17 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

It's stilll boring and not necessary, once is enough

Ignore it then.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14569 on November 27, 2021, 09:02:16 pm by ravenrover »
Stop doing it and let's have a sensible conversation. You've made your stance quite clear several times

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #14570 on November 27, 2021, 09:18:18 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Let's be honest wearing a mask isn't hard is it? I actually kept mine on walking back from the shop earlier, it's much warmer.

Yes you don't have to wear a mask in a pub, but you can if you want to. I don't have to wear a coat when it's cold but I do because I have a brain!

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #14571 on November 27, 2021, 09:20:42 pm by Nudga »
15 million jabs to freedom.

Irreversible road map.

You've had your pants pulled down.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14572 on November 27, 2021, 09:55:54 pm by wilts rover »
Utter utter madness.

Take your point about approaching the vehicle and not being allowed to be picked up.

I also take your point about the taking advantage of exemptions rule that people do do get away with not wearing masks. However, if a person has a genuine disability or impairment and they cannot wear a mask, then you cannot refuse them. It is against the Equality Act 2010 and a discriminatory act against a person with a protected characteristic. If that person is telling the truth and does have a genuine need for exemption and they decide to sue, you are in trouble. I do not believe that you have been given the correct information by the DMBC on this matter.

The issue is that many people who do not have a genuine exemption try to get away with it and what i am saying is that you can refuse by all means and most will just walk away, but if you turn away someone genuine then they can commence litigation for disability discrimination under the Equality Act 2010. This is what my research has led me to believe as i am actually exempt anyway but i did wear a mask until May this year, when i decided i had enough of being lied to by the Government and had enough of seeing politicians using masks as theatre.

Not that it bothers me too much but I think you are wrong ColinDH. It's up to the driver whether or not to carry you if you refuse to wear a mask if they ask you:

Can a taxi or PHV driver refuse to admit a passenger who is not wearing a face covering?

Taxi and PHV drivers are advised to make an assessment of risk as outlined in the transport operator guidance published on 12 May. The acceptance of a booking request by a PHV operator is a decision made based on the operator’s own assessment of risk. Any requirements for face coverings should be made clear to the passenger before the operator accepts the booking. Taxi drivers can use this assessment to determine whether or not it is reasonable to admit a passenger who is not wearing a face covering, considering other mitigations they put in place from their risk assessment. This does not however absolve them of their duties under the Equality Act 2010.

https://www.richmondshire.gov.uk/licensing/hackney-carriage-and-private-hire-licences/coronavirus-advice-for-taxis-and-private-hire-vehicles/

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #14573 on November 27, 2021, 10:31:16 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
CDH.
You're obviously an intelligent person. But you refuse to take the advice of the VAST majority of medical opinion, on distancing, on vaccines, or masks.

That's the bit I don't get.

Then this.
there is nothing to fear

You're right. There isn't anything much to fear for you and you child. But your mask wearing is not about protecting you. It's about stopping you potentially doing damage to others. So what example ARE you setting your child? Given that the VAST majority of medical opinion is that wearing a mask does have a non-negligible effect on reducing the spread of the virus. Because from where I'm looking, it seems you're telling your son that you prefer the take your lead from internet warriors rather than expert opinion. Or that you really don't care about other people.

This is the bit that I have trouble with. The idea that not wearing a mask is somehow a mark of brave resistance. When it is actually a mark of ignorance or lack of respect for others.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 10:37:29 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14574 on November 27, 2021, 11:19:52 pm by Dagenham Rover »
If you feel you can't wear a mask wear a bloody face shield they do not interfere with any breathing problems  pretend or real :)  and as far as I'm concerned either should be mandatory no stupid bullshit exceptions  especially in taxis etc. and yes Ive had covid it aint nice 

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #14575 on November 27, 2021, 11:27:37 pm by Ldr »
It is everyone’s responsibility to maintain a level of bio security that is comfortable for them. It is not their responsibility for others

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #14576 on November 27, 2021, 11:29:38 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
It is everyone’s responsibility to maintain a level of bio security that is comfortable for them. It is not their responsibility for others

So you're fine with people sneezing over cooked ham at the deli stall in the supermarket?

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #14577 on November 27, 2021, 11:32:18 pm by Ldr »
You don’t half come out with random examples. Put simply, I don’t wish you any harm but couldn’t really care less if it happened. I have no responsibility for you as you have none for me. Anything otherwise is nothing but a massive guilt trip

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #14578 on November 27, 2021, 11:36:22 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
It's not at all a random example. It's the logical conclusion of your schoolboy-level libertarian philosophy.

Let's try a different tack. Would you have been OK in the blackout in WWII with someone not using their blinds and leaving the lights on? After all, they are making a person choice on how to manage their own security, and presumably it isn't their fault if other people choose to keep living next to them when the bombs start falling? That is an EXACT analogy of your take on personal vs collective responsibility with respect to COVID.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14579 on November 27, 2021, 11:36:38 pm by Dagenham Rover »
You don’t half come out with random examples. Put simply, I don’t wish you any harm but couldn’t really care less if it happened. I have no responsibility for you as you have none for me. Anything otherwise is nothing but a massive guilt trip

Nice attitude  :blink:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012