Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:57:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 860354 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #14640 on November 28, 2021, 10:56:50 pm by SydneyRover »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGBhQbmPwH8

For general consumption (not the disease)

''The doctor or coroner certifying a death can record more than one health condition or event on the form. The medical certificate of cause of death has two parts, Part 1 contains the sequence of health conditions or events leading directly to death, while Part 2 can contain other health conditions that contributed to the death but were not part of the direct sequence. For statistical purposes one of the health conditions on the certificate is chosen as the 'underlying cause of death'. The underlying cause of death is defined as the health condition or event that started the train of events leading to death and is worked out according to rules from the World Health Organisation (WHO). COVID-19 is the underlying cause of death in around 92% of deaths where it was mentioned on the death certificate''

https://www.ons.gov.uk/aboutus/transparencyandgovernance/freedomofinformationfoi/deathswherecovid19wasmentionedonthedeathcertificate

PS there is a list showing the rate of deaths due to covid week by week which is a stark reminder of how when uncontrolled the disease takes off in the community.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2021, 11:00:32 pm by SydneyRover »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #14641 on November 28, 2021, 11:02:41 pm by no eyed deer »
No Nudga. Of course they didn't. But 50 year olds with diabetes or high blood pressure who died of COVID lost a lot more years.

The age group that lost most life years from COVID has been 60-65 year olds.

What’s the average age of all deaths

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14642 on November 28, 2021, 11:11:42 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
82 i believe NOD.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #14643 on November 28, 2021, 11:28:14 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
CDH
Which is why you don't look at individuals. You look at the entire population.

175000 people in the UK have died of COVID. On average they have lost 10.2 years of expected life. The "low hanging fruit" idea is a grotesque insult to the people who have died and I'm sick i
of hearing it idly used by people to belittle a national and global tragedy.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14644 on November 28, 2021, 11:31:43 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Not everyone can survive. Therefore sadly, some individuals will die.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14645 on November 29, 2021, 06:09:17 am by wilts rover »

Some of you may die. But that is a price I am prepared to pay - Lord Farquaard

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #14646 on November 29, 2021, 08:53:28 am by Axholme Lion »

This is true. People need to learn to accept that this is unavoidable.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14647 on November 29, 2021, 09:23:43 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
People also need to learn to accept that the futile obsession with stopping or slowing transmission of the virus has to stop. Let the virus spread, get your jabs if you wish, if the jab doesn't work then so be it. The virus must be allowed to spread and we must accept it if we are to get our lives back.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #14648 on November 29, 2021, 09:30:46 am by Axholme Lion »
People also need to learn to accept that the futile obsession with stopping or slowing transmission of the virus has to stop. Let the virus spread, get your jabs if you wish, if the jab doesn't work then so be it. The virus must be allowed to spread and we must accept it if we are to get our lives back.

We are just making things worse at the moment.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #14649 on November 29, 2021, 10:15:28 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Christ, it's like the last 4 centuries never happened. This is like listening to a bunch of medieval peasants discussing the Plague.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #14650 on November 29, 2021, 10:18:28 am by drfchound »
Wish people would just be honest and admit they are frightened of Covid and thus want people to adhere to measures so that they will be safer. But then they put the onus on the fact that they stick to measures to protect others when deep down they know that is b*llocks and they know that they are using that as excuse to get people to comply because this would make them safer. So that in itself is selfish behaviour.

These people are in denial.

Were 144k dead people in denial?

CDH
Which is why you don't look at individuals. You look at the entire population.

175000 people in the UK have died of COVID. On average they have lost 10.2 years of expected life. The "low hanging fruit" idea is a grotesque insult to the people who have died and I'm sick i
of hearing it idly used by people to belittle a national and global tragedy.

We have some people saying 144,000 dead and others saying 175,000.
No wonder people don’t believe what is written on this thread.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #14651 on November 29, 2021, 10:54:21 am by normal rules »
It pains me to say this but Nicola Crankie Sturgeon has just given a live briefing re the discovery of 6 omicron cases in Scotland.
They seem to be ahead of the game with regards to preventative measures than Westminster including encouraging business to allow work from home as much as possible.
Bojo and co will no doubt start playing catch up.
Also the cases they have found cannot be linked directly to travel to South Africa, so they believe it is in general circulation in the community already.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14652 on November 29, 2021, 10:57:25 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Preventative measures aren't needed as the variant isn't dangerous. It is just a ploy to get people boosted and jabbed as they know the uptake is low. Over 6 million people eligible for a booster have yet to come forward. Maybe they've finally woken up and seen straight through this utter bullcrap.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #14653 on November 29, 2021, 11:31:38 am by Colin C No.3 »
To be honest. I really couldn't care less who lives and dies anymore as i'm just weary of the whole thing. Nearly 2 years of this lunacy and still nobody can let it go.
Including your teenage daughter?

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14654 on November 29, 2021, 11:34:38 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
To be honest. I really couldn't care less who lives and dies anymore as i'm just weary of the whole thing. Nearly 2 years of this lunacy and still nobody can let it go.

If she dies from Covid then so be it. Nothing i can do about it really is there?

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #14655 on November 29, 2021, 11:50:00 am by Colin C No.3 »

If she dies from Covid then so be it. Nothing i can do about it really is there?

So a fitting inscription on her tombstone might read,

‘You died of covid tough luck get over it. Oh you can’t, still, RIP knowing your dad’s conscience is clear’.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #14656 on November 29, 2021, 11:56:22 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Christ, it's like the last 4 centuries never happened. This is like listening to a bunch of medieval peasants discussing the Plague.

The difference being that Covid is a minor virus and won't kill most people who get it, like the plague. Another difference being that people have the option of a vaccine for Covid whereas no preventative treatments were available for the plague.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #14657 on November 29, 2021, 12:03:40 pm by Colin C No.3 »

The difference being that Covid is a minor virus and won't kill most people who get it, like the plague. Another difference being that people have the option of a vaccine for Covid whereas no preventative treatments were available for the plague.
So basically you agree that the covid vaccine is a ‘preventative treatment’ yet you refuse to be vaccinated.

Tell me, in your own tiny mind, what do you think would happen to the world’s population if no one took up the vaccination?

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #14658 on November 29, 2021, 12:04:55 pm by Ldr »
Colin, you’re coming across as a bit of a bullying keyboard warrior here

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #14659 on November 29, 2021, 12:14:51 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Colin, you’re coming across as a bit of a bullying keyboard warrior here
A ‘keyboard warrior’.

I’m a season ticket holder W30 row F seat 699.

Anyone wanting to ‘have a chat’ now knows where to find me. I’d be happy to oblige.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #14660 on November 29, 2021, 12:17:42 pm by Ldr »
Jesus, not even my debates with BST have made me shake me head as much as that post

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #14661 on November 29, 2021, 12:43:43 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Definition of a keyboard warrior,

‘A person who posts highly opinionated text online in an aggressive or abusive manner without revealing his or her identity’.

Explain to me ldr where I’ve shown ‘aggression’.

Show me a post where I’ve been abusive.

You could well have directed your comments to CDH & they would have ‘sat more comfortably’ but for some reason you aimed them, unfairly I feel, at me.

In ‘revealing’ where I sit in The Keepmoat I do so to show that I am more than happy to be identified should anyone feel the need to approach me personally.

What more would you require, my mobile number perhaps or some form of photo i.d.?

If that’s what you would categories as being aggressive then as you say….Jesus.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #14662 on November 29, 2021, 12:46:29 pm by Ldr »
Well if you care to re-read your posts I’d start with #14657 where you tell CDH he has a “Tiny mind” and go back from there looking at the tone you address him with

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14663 on November 29, 2021, 12:54:53 pm by wilts rover »

Some of you may die. But that is a price I am prepared to pay - Lord Farquaard

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #14664 on November 29, 2021, 02:59:04 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Well if you care to re-read your posts I’d start with #14657 where you tell CDH he has a “Tiny mind” and go back from there looking at the tone you address him with
Probably going to post a lot more now. To piss you off like. Because I can & I know you don’t like it. You came at me from nowhere without provocation. So you need to start absorbing some shit brother, which I’m sure you’ll be able to as you can’t take anything I say seriously. Should be a piece of piss man.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #14665 on November 29, 2021, 03:01:28 pm by Ldr »
Oooh hard man alert, maybe in your prime you may have been, but not now

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #14666 on November 29, 2021, 03:12:24 pm by no eyed deer »
Probably going to post a lot more now. To piss you off like. Because I can & I know you don’t like it. You came at me from nowhere without provocation. So you need to start absorbing some shit brother, which I’m sure you’ll be able to as you can’t take anything I say seriously. Should be a piece of piss man.

Hey Brutus, chill out dude !!

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #14667 on November 29, 2021, 03:13:14 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Ldr.

The ‘Probably going to post a lot more….’ was a direct post sent to Pancho Regan on the Topic: Scunthorpe United FA Cup game by
CDH.

Not nice.

He did so after first calling Pancho ‘a simpleton’.

On other posts he’s also called dickos1 ‘a w**ker’ & told him to ‘piss off you fickle pendant’

He seems to like effing & blinding having also told Colemans Left Hook to ‘f**k off’.

I don’t think he needs or deserves you to ‘stick up’ for him, do you?

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #14668 on November 29, 2021, 03:15:50 pm by Ldr »
I don’t tend to frequent the main board Colin so didn’t have knowledge of that

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #14669 on November 29, 2021, 11:06:51 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Not a problem Ldr.

I can well understand your reasons for not visiting the main forum as much these days, it can be draining.

Many’s the time my wife will say to me “Please tell me you’re not on that bloomin forum again!”

Truth is Ldr, the inmates are in danger of taking over the asylum, & sometimes, even given the ridiculous angst it sometimes causes me, I can’t give the forum over ‘to the negative back biting, agenda pushing, ill informed, doom mongers’ that have wormed their way into what should be a respectful (crikey at the end of the day we all support the same club) if at times ‘argumentative’ place for us supporters to vent our spleens.

But let’s do it in an atmosphere of conducive bonhomme without resorting to personal insults & blasphemy.

That having been said, I shall continue to regale against those posters I personally feel deserved of taking to task, but done without resorting to insult & if you still feel my comment about CDH being ‘tiny minded’ falls into that category then given his track record I must beg to differ.

RTID

TinyPortal © 2005-2012