Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 12:01:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Track and Trace  (Read 23352 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Track and Trace
« Reply #90 on May 29, 2020, 03:37:09 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
SM

It's not about my opinion. It is about the fact that to make anything like TTI work, the Govt needs to have very high levels of public trust.

What i am saying is that, by their actions both long and short term, they have burned that trust. So there are millions of people out there who will not use any app because they simply don't trust the Govt. What the Govt can or will do with the data is irrelevant. it's about impressions.

I went into this crisis explicitly saying I wanted to give the Govt the benefit of the doubt and cut them some slack. And the result has been a string of lies, deceptions, policy mistakes and half-baked schemes rushed out too quickly to control the news agenda. It is the Government itself which has "politicised everything" in its response. It has prioritised the political optics over competent management.  Do not accuse me of "politicising everything" when I point it out. I am no more doing that than you are "politicising everything" by ignoring it.

As for your comments on the Kings College app, I haven't the faintest what point you are trying to make, or its relevance to this discussion.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on May 29, 2020, 04:18:42 pm by Iberian Red »
I want the app to work and I want to be able to use it. I’d like to think there’ll be some independent assurances around the storage and processing of personal data. I think that’s perfectly reasonable.

Well we both want to use it and hope it works. But I can't understand this about personal data, it stores so very little and what it does store cannot identify individuals. I just think there's far too much concern over nothing. As a society we hand over personal data all the time, loads of it by the bucket load and none of us bat an eyelid.
Double standards here. Of course everyone wants it to work. However you are praising a government that has been incompetent throughout all of this,and probably as the only moderator left on here you removed my post for the contrary.
I think you've spent too much time digging up England at football,getting so nationalistic that you thin k that is the norm. You have deleted posts as they dont follow your flag waving,nationalistic shite.
I gave up on flag waving shite after France 98. So many racist cnuts about it was incredible
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 04:21:17 pm by Iberian Red »

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on May 29, 2020, 04:55:58 pm by silent majority »
I want the app to work and I want to be able to use it. I’d like to think there’ll be some independent assurances around the storage and processing of personal data. I think that’s perfectly reasonable.

Well we both want to use it and hope it works. But I can't understand this about personal data, it stores so very little and what it does store cannot identify individuals. I just think there's far too much concern over nothing. As a society we hand over personal data all the time, loads of it by the bucket load and none of us bat an eyelid.
Double standards here. Of course everyone wants it to work. However you are praising a government that has been incompetent throughout all of this,and probably as the only moderator left on here you removed my post for the contrary.
I think you've spent too much time digging up England at football,getting so nationalistic that you thin k that is the norm. You have deleted posts as they dont follow your flag waving,nationalistic shite.
I gave up on flag waving shite after France 98. So many racist cnuts about it was incredible

What absolute tosh!

You don't know my political leanings at all, and if you can find a post from me that praises this government then go ahead prove me wrong!

And I'm certainly not the only moderator left on here, whatever gave you that impression? Yes I did delete your post, and I did it for two reasons, one, I quite explicitly said that political posts on that thread would be deleted and the 2nd point was you accused me of posting pro-government posts which I quite clearly have never done.

But take a cheap shot by labelling all England football fans racists and throwing me in that mix, you could never be further from the truth. And I'm nowhere as near at being nationalistic, flag waver as you make out. Your post are following a trend, total hogwash!

But please, prove me wrong, provide me with some proof of my pro-government, flag waving, nationalistic and, possibly, racist comments.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on May 29, 2020, 07:55:21 pm by drfchound »
I wasn't guessing, I was asking. I'm pretty sure Private Eye said she's a shareholder but I'm not sure which issue it was in.

And T&T shouldn't have been withheld or rushed in. it should have been in place at the same time other countries managed to have it up and running.

But being a shareholder normally means someone is investing in the company, not taking out 'loads of dosh' as you put it. I have no idea if she has invested in the company, but would it be such a crime if she had? Without some proof it seems that there's a rush to be unduly critical before even contemplating checking basic details.

She'd be benefitting from the profits the company will make as a result. Do you not see that as a direct conflict of interest - especially when as far as I know there's been no public tender? And when a working version could I'm sure have been bought off-the-peg from whoever created those used by other countries.

According to full facts she's not his sister....

https://fullfact.org/online/not-dominic-cummings-sister/

Bump.
Gone quiet about this now lads.

Just like you went quiet when challenged to show what posts of yours you accused me of editing?

I've only just seen this and am quite happy to put my hands up and admit I was wrong.

Your turn to do the same now.

Glyn, we both know.

I don't. I have absolutely no idea where you got that ridiculous idea from. Show me or apologise.

"Bump.
Gone quiet about this now lads."

I’m back.
I was going to reply at lunchtime and had made a comment on the post that began this to make things easier for you, ( it says 29/05/20....it begins here GW), but I got a call which required me to go and do a repair job at one of the renters and also meant me missing my lunch.
Don’t worry though, it was local and was an outside job.
I got back an hour ago and after catching up with some food I can now help you out.

Look on the Coronavirus thread, post number 4144.
The quote of mine that you used was
“You haven’t answered the question I put to you.
Nice deflection attempt”.
That was because you didn’t fully answer what I had asked.

Further down the thread, post 4147, you quote my post but only the “nice deflection” bit and it has been added to a post which includes offerings from Filo.
You then asked me “from what”.

My “nice deflection” words were in a different context and place to where I had originally written it.

I was puzzled as to why it was there.
I suggested that you had done some clever editing and to be honest I don’t know how it was done.

There were some posts exchanged between us and in post 4156 in response to one of your abusive lines I wrote “yeah right”.

You couldn’t resist taunting me so in post 4158 you changed my “yeah right” words to “yeah YOU’RE right” and made it appear that I had written it.
You even said “now that is how to edit a post”.

In post 4159 I thanked you for proving my point.

So to sum up, it appears that you edited the words in one of my posts and carefully (somehow) rearranged another post and left out part of what I said.

I hope this helps.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 10:12:55 pm by drfchound »

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on May 29, 2020, 09:00:02 pm by scawsby steve »

What absolute tosh!

You don't know my political leanings at all, and if you can find a post from me that praises this government then go ahead prove me wrong!

And I'm certainly not the only moderator left on here, whatever gave you that impression? Yes I did delete your post, and I did it for two reasons, one, I quite explicitly said that political posts on that thread would be deleted and the 2nd point was you accused me of posting pro-government posts which I quite clearly have never done.

But take a cheap shot by labelling all England football fans racists and throwing me in that mix, you could never be further from the truth. And I'm nowhere as near at being nationalistic, flag waver as you make out. Your post are following a trend, total hogwash!

But please, prove me wrong, provide me with some proof of my pro-government, flag waving, nationalistic and, possibly, racist comments.

Well said Martin.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on May 29, 2020, 09:08:07 pm by drfchound »

What absolute tosh!

Well said Martin.

Seconded by me.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on May 29, 2020, 09:12:42 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Thirded!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on May 29, 2020, 09:38:33 pm by IDM »
Fourthed

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on May 29, 2020, 11:30:21 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Back on topic, here's at least two senior SAGE members who think we are going about easing the lockdown incorrectly.

Have you noticed how "We follow the science" has more or less dropped off the radar recently?

EDIT:

Tends to work better if I actually post the link I'm referring to...

https://twitter.com/JeremyFarrar/status/1266470822564200456
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 11:53:05 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on May 29, 2020, 11:35:51 pm by SydneyRover »
''One of the standout moments of yesterday’s Downing Street briefing was Boris Johnson twice stopping his two most senior scientific advisors, Prof Chris Whitty and Sir Patrick Vallance, from answering questions about Dominic Cummings. Johnson said he wanted to protect them from “any political questions”.

However, Prof Stephen Reicher, a member of the Sage subcommittee advising the government on behavioural science, says that asking whether the Cummings affair has impacted public trust in the government was, in fact, a scientific question and could reasonably be posed to the government’s advisers''

So they can only speak with the governments approval? what next suppression of the media?

Getting more trump like by the day.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #100 on May 29, 2020, 11:54:56 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
And yet no Govt minister ever stopped scientific advisers answering briefing questions on PPE or Herd Immunity in a way which supported the Govt approach.

Obviously that wasn't them getting involved in politics, I suppose.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on May 30, 2020, 11:11:52 am by Glyn_Wigley »
I wasn't guessing, I was asking. I'm pretty sure Private Eye said she's a shareholder but I'm not sure which issue it was in.

And T&T shouldn't have been withheld or rushed in. it should have been in place at the same time other countries managed to have it up and running.

But being a shareholder normally means someone is investing in the company, not taking out 'loads of dosh' as you put it. I have no idea if she has invested in the company, but would it be such a crime if she had? Without some proof it seems that there's a rush to be unduly critical before even contemplating checking basic details.

She'd be benefitting from the profits the company will make as a result. Do you not see that as a direct conflict of interest - especially when as far as I know there's been no public tender? And when a working version could I'm sure have been bought off-the-peg from whoever created those used by other countries.

Bump.

Just like you went quiet when challenged to show what posts of yours you accused me of editing?

I've only just seen this and am quite happy to put my hands up and admit I was wrong.

Glyn, we both know.

I don't. I have absolutely no idea where you got that ridiculous idea from. Show me or apologise.

"Bump.

I’m back.
I was going to reply at lunchtime and had made a comment on the post that began this to make things easier for you, ( it says 29/05/20....it begins here GW), but I got a call which required me to go and do a repair job at one of the renters and also meant me missing my lunch.
I got back an hour ago and after catching up with some food I can now help you out.

Further down the thread, post 4147, you quote my post but only the “nice deflection” bit and it has been added to a post which includes offerings from Filo.

My “nice deflection” words were in a different context and place to where I had originally written it.

I suggested that you had done some clever editing and to be honest I don’t know how it was done.

There were some posts exchanged between us and in post 4156 in response to one of your abusive lines I wrote “yeah right”.

You couldn’t resist taunting me so in post 4158 you changed my “yeah right” words to “yeah YOU’RE right” and made it appear that I had written it.

So to sum up, it appears that you edited the words in one of my posts and carefully (somehow) rearranged another post and left out part of what I said.

I hope this helps.

The 'nice deflection attempt was in a post you made at 01:38:52 that I was replying to - I can't create posts that I'm replying to...but now that post has mysteriously disappeared, like someone has deleted it after I quoted it. I looks like you deleted it after you wrote it because you realised you'd replied to the wrong post, but that it was deleted after I'd started to reply to your post so it was quoted because it was still there at the time. It also explains why I had no idea what the hell you were talking about.

But that begs the question as to why you deliberately edited post 4144 yesterday when there was absolutely no need to. It almost looks like someone has been tampering with the evidence and wanted to cover it.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 11:15:16 am by Glyn_Wigley »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #102 on May 30, 2020, 11:32:04 am by SydneyRover »
Maybe it was cummings?  :)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on May 30, 2020, 11:56:03 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Maybe it was cummings?  :)

Well, going from a direct accusation of post-editing in post 4149 of that thread to now only being a 'suggestion' of it does smack of Cummings' style of reverse ferreting.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on May 30, 2020, 12:28:58 pm by drfchound »

Bump.

Glyn, we both know.

"Bump.

I’m back.

I hope this helps.

The 'nice deflection attempt was in a post you made at 01:38:52 that I was replying to - I can't create posts that I'm replying to...but now that post has mysteriously disappeared, like someone has deleted it after I quoted it. I looks like you deleted it after you wrote it because you realised you'd replied to the wrong post, but that it was deleted after I'd started to reply to your post so it was quoted because it was still there at the time. It also explains why I had no idea what the hell you were talking about.

But that begs the question as to why you deliberately edited post 4144 yesterday when there was absolutely no need to. It almost looks like someone has been tampering with the evidence and wanted to cover it.

But you can create posts that you are replying to.....you proved it by changing “yeah right” to “yeah you’re right”.
Creative editing.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on May 30, 2020, 12:58:39 pm by albie »
The issue with T+T is who owns the data, and whether it is secure from re-use by third parties.
Do you have the right to determine the level of security that applies to your information, and can you retain the right to access and delete?

There is an outline summary of concerns here;
https://www.wired.co.uk/article/coronavirus-track-and-trace-nhs-trust

A further concern is compliance with GDPR.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #106 on May 30, 2020, 01:10:13 pm by SydneyRover »
Personal data is always a concern NHS GP data was sold to the US big pharma and the public not consulted, I can understand the apprehension lots of questions were asked here too and far from everyone has got the app.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on May 30, 2020, 01:49:08 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Bump.

Glyn, we both know.

"Bump.

I’m back.

I hope this helps.

But you can create posts that you are replying to.....you proved it by changing “yeah right” to “yeah you’re right”.
Creative editing.

That was an edit to a post, to demonstrate what you were accusing me of - and what had not happened in any way, and not what you are now accusing me of having done.

I didn't create a post out of nothing that I  then replied to, because I can't do that. Are you saying that you're able to do that when I can't?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 01:51:50 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #108 on May 30, 2020, 01:55:05 pm by Not Now Kato »
The issue with T+T is who owns the data, and whether it is secure from re-use by third parties.
Do you have the right to determine the level of security that applies to your information, and can you retain the right to access and delete?

There is no personal data stored by the system - see my post earlier in the thread for how it works.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #109 on May 30, 2020, 01:55:59 pm by IDM »
I’m lost with all the quotes in quotes in quotes.. time to drop it.?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on May 30, 2020, 02:24:54 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I’m lost with all the quotes in quotes in quotes.. time to drop it.?

Would you want to drop it when you've been accused of a despicable act when you've done no such thing?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #111 on May 30, 2020, 02:31:32 pm by drfchound »

Bump.

Glyn, we both know.

"Bump.

I’m back.

I hope this helps.

Creative editing.

That was an edit to a post, to demonstrate what you were accusing me of - and what had not happened in any way, and not what you are now accusing me of having done.

I didn't create a post out of nothing that I  then replied to, because I can't do that. Are you saying that you're able to do that when I can't?

Yes it was an edit to a post, you edited my post.
I don’t know how to do that but you evidently do.

Anyway, I am prepared to drop it as IDM suggests.
No more from me on this subject, I am bored of it now.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #112 on May 30, 2020, 02:46:53 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
The only way I could have done what you're accusing me of if if I hacked your account, made the post that I quoted but has now disappeared(!), gone back into my account, quoted it, hacked your account again and then deleted it.

All you can claim is 'I don't know how you could possibly have done it but I'm right and that's that.' Absolutely no acknowledgement at all that you might not be right.

Fecking ridiculous paranoia. I'm almost in the mindset to contact a mod and ask what happened to the disappeared post and exactly what you edits you made yesterday.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on May 30, 2020, 05:56:31 pm by albie »

There is no personal data stored by the system - see my post earlier in the thread for how it works.

NNK,

It is easy to de-anonymise personal data if cross referenced with other data sources.

The information contained in a NHS app is very valuable to a whole range of commercial interests, hence the concern at the allocation of contracts  to private sector providers, and the export of NHS data to other jurisdictions under existing contractual agreements.

Article here on the Serco interest, and the involvement of Talk Talk in the deal;
https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/dark-money-investigations/revealed-serco-under-fire-over-fresh-90m-covid-19-contract/

Trapped between the devil and the deep blue sea here.

The App needs to be fully functioning before the release of lockdown, but is being rushed because of the government comms requirement to get the economy flowing.

At the same time, key safeguards have not been tried and tested in the App to ensure public safety and full confidence.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #114 on May 31, 2020, 08:24:00 am by SydneyRover »
This is a bit scary

''Why I quit working on Boris Johnson's ‘world-beating' test-and-tracing system''

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/may/30/boris-johnsons-test-and-tracing-system-britain-lockdown

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #115 on May 31, 2020, 09:03:00 am by Glyn_Wigley »
This is a bit scary

''Why I quit working on Boris Johnson's ‘world-beating' test-and-tracing system''

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/may/30/boris-johnsons-test-and-tracing-system-britain-lockdown

It looks like it's only going to be 'world-beating' in the sense of it being a 'world-beating' waste of money because by the time it's fit for purpose it won't be needed any more.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #116 on May 31, 2020, 09:15:58 am by IDM »
If that is true, there needs to be a groundswell of similar evidence to prove this is a shambles?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #117 on May 31, 2020, 10:02:28 am by Glyn_Wigley »
What's the betting that even if it is a complete shambles, the contracted software 'developer' stills gets paid in full?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #118 on May 31, 2020, 10:11:45 am by Bentley Bullet »
Won't be needed anymore? Ah, so this is the last epidemic we'll ever have! Thank f**k for that.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #119 on May 31, 2020, 10:20:38 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Won't be needed anymore? Ah, so this is the last epidemic we'll ever have! Thank f**k for that.

So you think using a rubbish system there's no guarantee of ever being fit for purpose at the time that another pandemic happens is a good idea eh? Thank f**k for that. Now, if we asked South Korea if we could use theirs it'd be a good idea as we know that it works.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 10:23:14 am by Glyn_Wigley »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012