Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 11:48:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Baroness Jones  (Read 11329 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Baroness Jones
« Reply #30 on March 14, 2021, 12:51:02 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
RR.
Have a look at how the police handled thousands of Rangers fans cavorting through Glasgow last week.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on March 14, 2021, 01:01:13 pm by ravenrover »
I think they would have needed the army to disperse that lot, Totally wrong gathering as was last night

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on March 14, 2021, 01:04:10 pm by bpoolrover »
In my opinion the police should just have left them be, but that does not mean the people there are not simply selfish, there is no need to congregate in your hundreds to pay respect to someone during a pandemic, someone has already lost there life needlessly and due to these people who were paying there respects others may also lose there life needlessly

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on March 14, 2021, 01:21:30 pm by redarmy82 »
70% of murder victims are male.

Maybe we should all stay in after six. Just keep lockdown going forever.

And what percentage of sexual assault and rape victims are male? What percentage of males get hassled and verbally abused on the street by women?

You've missed my point.

Both suggestions are equally ridiculous. Expecting women to not walk the streets without feeling safe, and the suggestion of a curfew for men after 6pm.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on March 14, 2021, 03:03:24 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
There is not the slightest possibility of there being a curfew on men. She was using that as a shock tactic to get people thinking and talking about the issue.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on March 14, 2021, 08:26:00 pm by idler »
Police spending the evening assaulting women on Clapham common, who were holding a vigil for a woman murdered by a cop. Shameful.
problem is they are holding a vigil but many are not social distancing ect. So by them being there they are potentially putting innocent peoples lives at risk, we’re nearly at the end of lockdown surly the best thing would have been to wait a few more weeks
Everything I've seen shows the vigil was safe and relatively distanced until the pigs showed up. And naturally they waited until it was dark as well to move in, so they could better intimidate their targets. It's a vigil for crying out loud, mostly made up of women, there's no call for kettling and antagonising them.

Raven, theres an element of truth to that. But at least something is finally happening, ideally we wouldn't need to wait for anyone to lose their lives at all for these conversations to start happening, but here we are.
You lost me as soon as you described the police as pigs.
I know quite a few policemen and my son-in-law is a Chief Ispector. To class all police as the same the police in general a disservice. I wonder who you will call if you get burgled?

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on March 14, 2021, 08:40:32 pm by belton rover »
Me too, Idler. I too have family in the Police Force. I was going to post something very similar, but opted not to because usually, when I comment on vocabulary choices, it is dismissed as playing around with semantics.
I imagine imagine Macho’s response would be something like ‘can you point out where I explicitly said that all police officers are pigs?’

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on March 14, 2021, 08:47:52 pm by idler »
My son-in -law is also ginger so gets unwanted comments abuse and comments just for this.
I was at school with Graham (Willie) Watson who went on to have two stints with the Rovers. He was always Ginner Watson at school as a description but no overtones. The world has gone mad.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on March 14, 2021, 10:04:23 pm by drfchound »
My son is a police officer too.
He says that they get loads of abuse every day just for doing their job.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on March 14, 2021, 10:24:36 pm by MachoMadness »
If the issue is with my lack of civility and not with the police assaulting women, trampling tributes left for a woman who was murdered by one of their own, that tells a story in and of itself. I'm tired of being civil with thugs in uniform. No, I'm sure it's not all cops. But it's too many. It's enough. And they'll always look after their own first. Far as I see it, the police as an institution tar whole groups of people with the same brush, so I have no problem doing the same to them.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on March 14, 2021, 10:35:00 pm by belton rover »
So you are sure not all cops are ‘pigs’ but you are going to tar them with the same brush anyway. I think I’m beginning to understand now.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on March 14, 2021, 11:22:01 pm by idler »
If the issue is with my lack of civility and not with the police assaulting women, trampling tributes left for a woman who was murdered by one of their own, that tells a story in and of itself. I'm tired of being civil with thugs in uniform. No, I'm sure it's not all cops. But it's too many. It's enough. And they'll always look after their own first. Far as I see it, the police as an institution tar whole groups of people with the same brush, so I have no problem doing the same to them.
I haven't as yet seen the footage so I can't comment on that action. I do know that at most events/protests attract a section of people more interested in having a go at the establishment or police than supporting the original cause.
This I have witnessed first hand, even at Rovers games.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on March 14, 2021, 11:58:37 pm by MachoMadness »
Idler, they were predominantly women with candles and flowers. It was a vigil. Some of them had some ACAB signs, but to be honest, the vigil was for a woman who was likely murdered by a cop, so some anti-cop sentiment was to be expected. It was still peaceful and would have passed. But a few hand-drawn signs and rude chants don't warrant police grappling and swinging punches at unarmed women.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on March 15, 2021, 12:40:16 am by idler »
If the police had body cams on it will all come out.
I don’t condone strong arm tactics or violence by either side under any circumstances.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on March 15, 2021, 01:29:24 am by Bentley Bullet »
I think I get it now! So, we can blame Boris for being too soft on social distancing, and then blame him for being too hard on social distancing!

« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 01:34:28 am by Bentley Bullet »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on March 15, 2021, 01:55:47 am by SydneyRover »
I don't think you get very much at all bb, at least anything much you can substantiate  :)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on March 15, 2021, 08:27:59 am by ravenrover »
Idler, they were predominantly women with candles and flowers. It was a vigil. Some of them had some ACAB signs, but to be honest, the vigil was for a woman who was likely murdered by a cop, so some anti-cop sentiment was to be expected. It was still peaceful and would have passed. But a few hand-drawn signs and rude chants don't warrant police grappling and swinging punches at unarmed women.
It may have started as a vigil but by dark it had become a protest. They were asked to disperse they didn't, action was taken

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on March 15, 2021, 03:01:19 pm by redarmy82 »

I'm sick of hearing this "she was murdered by a cop" or "The Police killed her"
No she wasn't. He wasn't on duty.

She was a murdered by a bas**rd who happens to work for the Police Force.

Were Harold Shipman's victims murdered by the NHS?

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on March 15, 2021, 03:26:15 pm by MachoMadness »
This week's events have shown there's a decent number of coppers who don't mind assaulting women when they're on duty as well.

I seem to remember there was a lot of outrage about Shipman's role as a doctor. There was an inquiry into it and some law changes regarding medications and oversight were pushed through. While it isn't a response to this week's events, the law being pushed through this week gives the police even more Draconian powers to crush peaceful protests. An interesting comparison.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on March 15, 2021, 03:46:19 pm by drfchound »
It should also be remembered that the peaceful protest was also an illegal gathering and against COVID prevention rules.
Why didn’t the people who had gone to pay their respects to the murder victim just go home when they had done so instead of hanging around for such a long time.

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on March 15, 2021, 03:56:05 pm by redarmy82 »
It should also be remembered that the peaceful protest was also an illegal gathering and against COVID prevention rules.
Why didn’t the people who had gone to pay their respects to the murder victim just go home when they had done so instead of hanging around for such a long time.

Because people are dick heads who like to cause trouble and blame everyone else for their actions.

Those there with the ACAB banners were clearly looking for trouble.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 04:02:45 pm by redarmy82 »

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on March 15, 2021, 03:58:23 pm by redarmy82 »
Was listening to the radio earlier, a lady called in with the point that she knows it isn't all men who do this kind of thing, but the problem is women don't know which men are capable, so as a result they suspect ALL men when on their own, walking down the street etc.

The presenter then asked her does she suspect every Muslim is a terrorist due to the actions of a small minority.

She came back with "no - because that is racially profiling".

Food for thought.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on March 15, 2021, 04:15:09 pm by SydneyRover »

Do you know that they didn't hound or that they did and were replaced by others arriving later?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on March 15, 2021, 04:25:00 pm by SydneyRover »
From the Guardian

''Priti Patel, the home secretary, starts by confirming that she has asked HM Inspectorate of Constabulary to conduct a review of the policing of the vigil at Clapham Common.

She says what happened to Sarah reminded women of the precautions they take every day to protect themselves. Patel says she includes herself in this''

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on March 15, 2021, 05:45:12 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Do you know that they didn't hound or that they did and were replaced by others arriving later?

There should not have been a gathering of people, it was illegal, hence the police having to get involved. Those police officers in attendance could have been patrolling the streets protecting innocent people instead.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on March 15, 2021, 06:17:03 pm by selby »
  I want to know who got rid of Boris's water Cannons, we have never had more reason for them than in the last two years.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on March 15, 2021, 06:51:37 pm by drfchound »

I see you don’t have a view on the illegal gathering aspect of this.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on March 15, 2021, 07:13:56 pm by wilts rover »

There should not have been a gathering of people, it was illegal, hence the police having to get involved. Those police officers in attendance could have been patrolling the streets protecting innocent people instead.

A judge on Thursday said a gathering on Clapham Common would not be illegal. Under what law do you say it was and with what legal qualification are you stating this?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on March 15, 2021, 07:18:43 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I've got no legal qualifications Wilts, Have you?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on March 15, 2021, 07:25:54 pm by drfchound »

A judge on Thursday said a gathering on Clapham Common would not be illegal. Under what law do you say it was and with what legal qualification are you stating this?

According to the Evening Standard, Justice Holgate said that it would be inappropriate for him to intervene in a row between the Police and the vigil organisers.
He said that an emergency court hearing had helped to clarify the laws around policing of protests during the pandemic.
The judge was also at pains to point out that he had only been asked to consider an declaration on the law rather than grant an injunction on the police or rule on the legality of the vigil.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012