Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:14:01 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Is Another lockdown coming ?  (Read 6327 times)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Is Another lockdown coming ?
« Reply #90 on July 17, 2021, 07:40:31 pm by drfchound »
I suppose you could look at what has already happened and see how well the government handled the virus dickos.

I’m not arguing that the government have done a great job, I’ve no interest in party politics.
I’d be saying the same things whoever was in charge.
Some people though want to bring party politics into every subject, the virus should have nothing to do with party politics.
Even the Labour leader states this

Ask yourself this.

Why did Sajid Javid last week say that the vaccination program had reduced the number of infected people who die by 160 fold? When the actual number is 6-7.

And are you saying that a comment like that should not be criticised because to criticise is party politics?

Other than what you’re saying on here, there’s no where else suggesting your figures are any more correct than his.

Do some simple maths.

At the height of the January outbreak, we had 60,000 infections per day and 1200 deaths per day three weeks later.

20 deaths for every 1000 infections.

20 days ago, we were averaging about 15,000 new cases per day. If the fatality rate was now 160 times lower, we would now be expecting to see about 20/160 x 15 = 2 new deaths.

In fact we are averaging about 40 new deaths per day.  Javid is wrong by about a factor of 2000%.

You cannot possibly argue with the logic or the infants school maths there. His figure of 160 fold decrease is outrageously and quite astonishingly wrong. The fact that journalists haven't picked up on that says a hell of a lot about their lack of technical understanding.

Incredible isn’t it, that journalists aren’t backing you up over this.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on July 17, 2021, 07:44:59 pm by scawsby steve »
Maybe we should go on the Australian Donny Rovers forum and spend 20 hours a day telling them how shit their country and government is!

I've no idea who you could possibly be referring to there, BB.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on July 17, 2021, 11:10:03 pm by SydneyRover »
Maybe we should go on the Australian Donny Rovers forum and spend 20 hours a day telling them how shit their country and government is!

or you could spend your life asking dumb questions on a donny rovers site making an ass of yourself with great regularity aye bb

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on July 17, 2021, 11:12:57 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Well, I could do Skippy, but then you'd get jealous of the rivalry.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on July 17, 2021, 11:15:04 pm by SydneyRover »

No one would care BB.

if all those whom no longer lived in donny or those with an overseas connection left the forum you would be left with a pretty boring white bread collection. no one cares about your petty little squabbles hound

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on July 17, 2021, 11:22:15 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
So you've no comment on the logic Hound? Just another pointless pot stirring post?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on July 17, 2021, 11:29:20 pm by SydneyRover »
Well, I could do Skippy, but then you'd get jealous of the rivalry.

hound does emulate you of course but it's would be a streeeeeeeeetch to claim jealousy

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on July 17, 2021, 11:47:38 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
By the way, an observation on how f**king useless our journalists are, the BBC Health Correspondent said on TV, radio and on their website numerous times the week before last that at the height of the last wave, for every 1000 infection, there  were 60 deaths.

At the peak in January, there were around 60,000 infections per day and around 1200 deaths.

Do the maths yourself.

He also said that as of a fortnight ago, for every 1000 new infections in the current wave there was one death. Which was based on taking the deaths and new cases reported on the same day (27 and 27,000). Bizarrely assuming that people who died had only tested positive on the same day. In fact, the actual figure was 3-4 per thousand.

So he claimed, repeatedly, that the vaccination programme had reduced the danger of dying by 60 fold. Which was about 900-1200% wrong. Bad enough, but much less misleading than Javid's claim. But bizarrely, he didn't comment on Javid's claim. So he's f**king useless both at maths and at reporting.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 12:00:00 am by BillyStubbsTears »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on July 17, 2021, 11:49:06 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Quick Billy, change the subject! One of your footmen is getting rather embarrassing.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on July 17, 2021, 11:51:15 pm by SydneyRover »
Quick Billy, change the subject! One of your footmen is getting rather embarrassing.

hound, selby and SS are on there way bb try to hold on

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #100 on July 17, 2021, 11:58:03 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Skippy, If you really think I need anybody to back me up against you and your phony mate you are as wrong as you have been on just about every opinion you've expressed on this forum.

I'll give you one thing though, you are consistent.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on July 18, 2021, 12:00:57 am by SydneyRover »
Skippy, If you really think I need anybody to back me up against you and your phony mate you are as wrong as you have been on just about every opinion you've expressed on this forum.

I'll give you one thing though, you are consistent.

never said they need to bb but it is remarkably like the Larry, Curly, Moe and Shemp Howard show

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #102 on July 18, 2021, 12:34:52 am by Bentley Bullet »
Like I said Skip, you are consistent.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on July 18, 2021, 12:38:22 am by SydneyRover »
Like I said Skip, you are consistent.

Just explain who is spreading batshit stories about british vaccines bb and if so why the majority have ignored this and have been vaccinated? in your own time, you can of course ring a friend ................

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #104 on July 18, 2021, 01:21:12 am by Bentley Bullet »
The majority of people realize the advantages of having the AZ jab far outweigh not having a jab at all. However, because of concerns expressed by other countries regarding the AZ jab, the UK has had to respond to it and has chosen to restrict that vaccine to people above a certain age. As a result, it could well be the case now that had it not been for the concerns about the side effects of the AZ jab the world, and the UK death/infection rate might have been less, because more people would have been immunized.

It is strongly believed that the AZ vaccine was condemned for political reasons, because of its British connection. 
« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 01:31:44 am by Bentley Bullet »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on July 18, 2021, 01:51:38 am by SydneyRover »
The majority of people realize the advantages of having the AZ jab far outweigh not having a jab at all. However, because of concerns expressed by other countries regarding the AZ jab, the UK has had to respond to it and has chosen to restrict that vaccine to people above a certain age. As a result, it could well be the case now that had it not been for the concerns about the side effects of the AZ jab the world death rate might have been less, because more people would have been immunized.

It is strongly believed that the AZ vaccine was condemned for political reasons, because of its British connection.

Risks with vaccine use is balanced against the risk to health in ones age group to contracting the virus and the associated health problems. The risk of catching the virus in the UK is extremely high at present and getting worse on a daily basis therefore the the balance is tipping towards having the vaccine as a safer option than not.

Each country has it's own approvals organisation and system that advises governments on the vaccine and age group risk. The AZ vaccine has associated risk for younger people however as the health risk grows as daily virus numbers grow the vaccine risk becomes less. In Australia the AZ vaccine was only recommended by government to those 60+ but as they have totally f**ked up the roll out they have now said younger people can and should consult their GP to get advice on this.

I would have thought that the British government would strongly reject any gratuitous advice from ferringhis on the continent on this subject, no?

And here the UK government is doing exactly that, are you saying that the british public are taking advice from the germans and others rather than their own government, why would they do such a thing if they trusted johnson and hancock etc? Are there not enough other vaccine types available, if not why not?

''UK defends Oxford vaccine as Germany advises against use on over-65s

Boris Johnson and head of UK regulator say vaccine produces immune response in all age groups''

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/28/germany-recommends-oxford-astrazeneca-covid-vaccine-not-used-over-65s

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on July 18, 2021, 07:49:46 am by drfchound »
So you've no comment on the logic Hound? Just another pointless pot stirring post?

Possibly added as much to the subject as you have just done BST.
Double standards I guess.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on July 18, 2021, 02:53:24 pm by albie »
On the issue of age safety of vaccines, this is a relevant link from the government website;
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/the-mhra-concludes-positive-safety-profile-for-pfizerbiontech-vaccine-in-12-to-15-year-olds

The date of publication is interesting, early June.
Now since then we have done bugger all about this, causing a much bigger long term infection problem.

Why?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on July 18, 2021, 02:59:38 pm by bpoolrover »
On the issue of age safety of vaccines, this is a relevant link from the government website;
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/the-mhra-concludes-positive-safety-profile-for-pfizerbiontech-vaccine-in-12-to-15-year-olds

Now since then we have done bugger all about this, causing a much bigger long term infection problem.

Why? They have pretty much said today only 12-17with health issues will receive it

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #109 on July 18, 2021, 03:15:00 pm by dickos1 »

Why?

Why do you think they’ve done bugger all?

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #110 on July 18, 2021, 05:27:42 pm by albie »
My best guess is that they think it is less important to vax the kids because they are less likely to die from covid.

That logic only takes you so far.
By all means cover the most vulnerable first, which the UK has done now.

Once past that, you need to clamp down on the spread of infection.
This is where the kids have a role, so if you know it is safe, vax them to reduce transmission.

What you should not do is open up by relaxing controls, then try to get the genii back in the bottle by deciding to vax the kids afterwards.

That's my take!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #111 on July 18, 2021, 08:10:10 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Albie.
It's a no brained to vaccinate teens as this helps get us closer to HI. However, the AZ vaccine hasn't been approved for use in (I think) under-30s. (I know! It's that unpatriotic regulator undermining Britain.)

I read somewhere that supplies of the Pfizer and Moderns vaccines (which have been approved for over-12s) were low. Maybe this is why we aren't vaccinating teens?

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #112 on July 18, 2021, 10:06:31 pm by albie »
BST,

My understanding was that the AZ was not the preferred option for the younger age groups.
If there is a supply issue with Pfizer and Moderna, that could be a factor.
I have not seen that there is a problem with supplies.

The JVCI have still not given approval, despite the link from the government website I posted.
Given that others are going full tilt at this, the delay makes little sense;
https://www.wired.co.uk/article/covid-19-vaccination-children

The timing of this is a big problem, given we are going into restriction lifting on Monday.
There is no rational explanation for setting these events in train in this order.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #113 on July 18, 2021, 10:16:28 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Albie.

As I said, I have just read somewhere about the vaccine supplies. No idea if that is correct. But whatever, I could not agree more with your final paragraph.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012