Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:37:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Is Another lockdown coming ?  (Read 6329 times)

since-1969

• VSC Member
Is Another lockdown coming ?
« on July 14, 2021, 10:55:26 pm by since-1969 »
Will there be another UK lockdown in 2021?

Although Boris Johnson has said that the lifting of restrictions is ‘irreversible’, he hasn’t ruled out the possibility that some may have to return in the event of another wave of infections, or the arrival of a new variant of the virus.
Watching the rates rise across the board and little sign that it’s growth is slowing and covid cases already effecting pre-season . What is the likelihood of games being effected after the season commences and restrictions being placed on clubs to reduce crowd numbers . What are the clubs instructions if a case happens . Do they just isolate the infected players or the whole team ?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

the vicar

• Forum Member
Re: Is Another lockdown coming ?
« Reply #1 on July 14, 2021, 10:58:08 pm by the vicar »
I think there should certainly be one as it’s getting too bad now. I know the economy doesn’t need it, but lives need it without a doubt
« Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 11:07:35 pm by the vicar »

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on July 14, 2021, 11:01:40 pm by dickos1 »
Maybe this belongs in the coronavirus thread in “off topic”

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 14, 2021, 11:09:10 pm by the vicar »
So why do people have to stick things on the back burner, is it cos they are scared of things

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 15, 2021, 06:46:53 am by Padge_DRFC »
Haven't only 60 percent had 2 jabs still? Hopefully hospitalisation comes down even more when everyone jabbed twice.

Chris the Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 15, 2021, 07:47:49 am by Chris the Rover »
The problem is, everyone won’t be jabbed twice because some refuse to have it. I know of 3 generations of one family who won’t have the jabs, because they don’t believe in vaccinations. Unbelievable!! Unfortunately, there are a lot more like them.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 15, 2021, 07:55:04 am by The Beast »
People of a certain age and the vulnerable have all had the opportunity to have the jab now. We can’t legislate for people not wanting it unfortunately. We need to get things back to normal. Having said that, wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t see the first game of the season  :crying:

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on July 15, 2021, 07:56:31 am by Draytonian III »
Someone I know won’t have the jab “because Covid doesn’t exist, it’s all a massive fraud “ which is strange because two of his cricket club mates have got it and fixtures have had to be cancelled because of it.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 15, 2021, 07:58:02 am by sedwardsdrfc »
If we can’t open up now (vast majority of at risk double jabbed) when the death rate is at a similar level to seasonal flu then when can we?? So IMO it becomes about whether your happy to live in lockdown or restrictions forever or not.

Also It seems public opinion is heavily weighted on the side of opening whereas before it was with public consent. The option is still there for anyone worried they can find a way to lock themselves down to avoid catching it.

mugnapper

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 15, 2021, 08:05:43 am by mugnapper »
Without doubt, there will be greater restrictions when the Summer has gone. If not National, I'd guess they'll impose Regional restrictions again.

The fact Johnson says it's 'irreversible' is irrelevant as the knob is an inveterate liar.

And when greater restrictions are announced, it'll be leaked to the Press a week before he sends Grant Shapps out to make the Official announcement.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on July 15, 2021, 08:15:22 am by since-1969 »
Why ?  If some people have not bought your season ticket yet , is this the reason they are holding back so it’s relevant . After a year of doubt and financial chaos , this possibility may  have long term implications!

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 15, 2021, 09:06:29 am by the vicar »
The problem is, everyone won’t be jabbed twice because some refuse to have it. I know of 3 generations of one family who won’t have the jabs, because they don’t believe in vaccinations. Unbelievable!! Unfortunately, there are a lot more like them.
yes a whole family next door to me won’t have it and it is dammed annoying
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 10:00:21 am by the vicar »

timdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 15, 2021, 09:45:56 am by timdrfc »
yes a whole family next door to me won’t have it rather and it is dammed annoying

Why should you be annoyed, if your double jabbed, wear your mask then live your life like that & leave others to live theirs. The death rate is flat lining despite rising cases, do you not think that the more testing will show up in the results.
No one I no doesn’t deny the COVID exists just that the government are over egging it to take our freedoms away. It’s more to do with climate change as Boris Johnson has signed us up to more carbon reduction by 2030.No more foreign holidays for most hard working Brits, just for the rich & ruling classes. I have even had the RSPB_nature telling me on Instagram that we shouldn’t be flying anymore & to stay in the uk!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on July 15, 2021, 09:53:46 am by Filo »
Why ?  If some people have not bought your season ticket yet , is this the reason they are holding back so it’s relevant . After a year of doubt and financial chaos , this possibility may  have long term implications!

You said you were finished with season tickets, so why bother yourself with potential lockdowns affecting season ticket sales

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 15, 2021, 09:59:40 am by River Don »
The Israelis opened up after vaccinating a high proportion of the population. They then realised Delta was still circulating and estimate there is still a 50% chance of infection even with double vaccination.

Sickness generally not so bad, hospitalisations much lower but still, bad enough to bring back face masks.

With vaccine effectiveness whining after 6 months and variants of concern popping up all over, I think it's a pretty safe bet there we will see restrictions return occasionally.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on July 15, 2021, 10:08:22 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Someone I know won’t have the jab “because Covid doesn’t exist, it’s all a massive fraud “ which is strange because two of his cricket club mates have got it and fixtures have had to be cancelled because of it.

The sooner he cops a dose of it, the better. He might learn something.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on July 15, 2021, 10:10:33 am by sedwardsdrfc »
yes a whole family next door to me won’t have it rather and it is dammed annoying

Why should you be annoyed, if your double jabbed, wear your mask then live your life like that & leave others to live theirs. The death rate is flat lining despite rising cases, do you not think that the more testing will show up in the results.
No one I no doesn’t deny the COVID exists just that the government are over egging it to take our freedoms away. It’s more to do with climate change as Boris Johnson has signed us up to more carbon reduction by 2030.No more foreign holidays for most hard working Brits, just for the rich & ruling classes. I have even had the RSPB_nature telling me on Instagram that we shouldn’t be flying anymore & to stay in the uk!

Why are conspiracy theory’s becoming so popular now? Is it a Facebook thing or am I just older now and notice it more??

Yesterday someone was saying Southgate was told by governments to make black players take penalties and today climate change targets are the reason for Covid restrictions.

It’s like some blind faith that everything is conspiratorial and nothing no matter what can be taken at face value! So when anything happens there’s a hunt to find any theory that explains the event without giving the actual storey a fair hearing.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on July 15, 2021, 10:14:10 am by Glyn_Wigley »
If we can’t open up now (vast majority of at risk double jabbed) when the death rate is at a similar level to seasonal flu then when can we?? So IMO it becomes about whether your happy to live in lockdown or restrictions forever or not.

Also It seems public opinion is heavily weighted on the side of opening whereas before it was with public consent. The option is still there for anyone worried they can find a way to lock themselves down to avoid catching it.

It's not about death rate and never really has been. It's about the infection rate and trying to stop cases swamping the NHS, not only to the detriment of Covid patients but those with other illnesses too. The vast majority of covid patients don't die but the severest cases still need to be treated in a hospital.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on July 15, 2021, 10:20:34 am by DonnyOsmond »

Lockdown forever or release now is a very limited option. :laugh:

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on July 15, 2021, 10:24:16 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
This is what learning to live with it looks like.
No doubt things will evolve with treatments, booster vaccinations, testing etc.,

If the average death rate remains close to the 5 year average, then why should enforced restrictions apply? Even if it goes above the national average for a short time.

In addition, society can't be held hostage by those who refuse the jab. Their choice, their risk. It should also be our choice to be able to conduct our lives as normal as possible.

The people I know who are considered to be in the vulnerable category, don't want to be shielded,  or the rest of us be locked down for them. They also want to exercise their choices.

Having choices is better than no choice

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on July 15, 2021, 10:35:48 am by bedale rover »
It's not whether or not they have had the vaccination
It's the fact that it's a variant creating pool of infection

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on July 15, 2021, 10:40:19 am by Nudga »

f**kin idiot!!

A customer of mine had his 1st jab 13 weeks ago and he suffered pericarditis and a heart attack.
38 years old and he's f**ked. A lady I know has got blood clots in three of her fingers.
And another lady who I'll be doing a job for in 3 weeks had short term paralysis from the waist down.

This is why a lot of people, including myself are hesitant.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on July 15, 2021, 11:08:28 am by dickos1 »
But there’s 60 million or so been vaccinated,
If you were worried about risk rates like this you’d never leave the house

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on July 15, 2021, 11:17:27 am by Nudga »
But there’s 60 million or so been vaccinated,
If you were worried about risk rates like this you’d never leave the house

Eh?? Never the leave the house? No, just not having the vaccine.

Imagine if I'd said to one you guys that I hope you suffer a blood clot on the brain, I'd be f**kin lynched on here and probably banned.
BST would tell me how morally corrupt I am.

I've been working non stop through out this, I've heard plenty of people say they've tested positive without so much as a runny nose and a bit of a temperature. Sounds like it's you who's scared to go out until everyone is vaxxed up.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 11:46:40 am by Nudga »

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on July 15, 2021, 11:46:00 am by sedwardsdrfc »

It's not about death rate and never really has been. It's about the infection rate and trying to stop cases swamping the NHS, not only to the detriment of Covid patients but those with other illnesses too. The vast majority of covid patients don't die but the severest cases still need to be treated in a hospital.

So what’s the plan then? If with the current level of vaccinations we can’t open up when can we? With 100% vaccinations the issues your talking about still exist.

The issue for NHS is the backlog of treatments caused by Covid and getting through them with everyone isolating. Covid patients are at a similar level to seasonal flu at the moment. Ok this will go up but the ability for it to go up hugely is limited.

Basically I’m saying at what point is it ok to open if it isn’t now? What more can actually be done?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on July 15, 2021, 11:53:02 am by DonnyOsmond »
The risk of Covid outweigh the risk of the vaccine.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on July 15, 2021, 12:20:00 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

f**kin idiot!!

A customer of mine had his 1st jab 13 weeks ago and he suffered pericarditis and a heart attack.
38 years old and he's f**ked. A lady I know has got blood clots in three of her fingers.
And another lady who I'll be doing a job for in 3 weeks had short term paralysis from the waist down.

Were any of you Covid deniers like the person I was commenting on?

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on July 15, 2021, 12:28:40 pm by Upton Rover »
Far better getting the vaccine than not, but each to their own, however most of the ones not getting a vaccine are been brainwashed by social media. Come the Autumn these people won’t be able to travel to countries in the EU unless they have had the vaccine

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on July 15, 2021, 12:28:51 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

f**kin idiot!!

f**king hell Nudga, you are a magnet for these problems. No-one else I know has ever known anyone who had these life-changing reactions to the virus, but you have a list as long as your arm. You must be due a change of luck sometime soon.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on July 15, 2021, 12:31:17 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

So what’s the plan then? If with the current level of vaccinations we can’t open up when can we? With 100% vaccinations the issues your talking about still exist.

The issue for NHS is the backlog of treatments caused by Covid and getting through them with everyone isolating. Covid patients are at a similar level to seasonal flu at the moment. Ok this will go up but the ability for it to go up hugely is limited.

Basically I’m saying at what point is it ok to open if it isn’t now? What more can actually be done?

The plan is to keep covid to manageable levels to safeguard the effectiveness of the NHS as a whole. It's here, it's possible it's never going to go away completely so you have to have provisions ready in case of another wave or outbreak of a variant. With 100% level of vaccinations, yes you're right covid will still be there but I think it's safe to assume the levels of infection and severe effects of the disease will be more manageable than they are now. That's why death rates are irrelevant, dead people don't clog up the NHS, the living patients requiring treatment do - it's the infection rate that drives combative action, not the rate of people dying of it.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012