Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:12:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brexit - how is it going?  (Read 6622 times)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
Re: Brexit - how is it going?
« Reply #90 on November 01, 2021, 09:37:13 am by ravenrover »
  Sure have History Syd, we have dug them out twice from Germany's tour of Europe  and they still hate us.
 Probably still sick about us locking up their hero the little Italian import Napoleon, come to think of it they haven't won a lot for quite a while. there is certainly more films of them trudging back from beatings than going the other way.
Sorry to disagree on one point Selby, the Bonaparte family heritage was indeed Italian, how ever being born in French territory, Corsica, does in fact make him French

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on November 01, 2021, 10:31:36 am by drfchound »
I guess he would have also qualified to play for Italy though.
Back in the day.  :chair:

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on November 01, 2021, 12:44:22 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
The old joke.

Can Napoleon remember his nationality?
Corsican.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on November 01, 2021, 01:53:17 pm by Axholme Lion »
  Sure have History Syd, we have dug them out twice from Germany's tour of Europe  and they still hate us.
 Probably still sick about us locking up their hero the little Italian import Napoleon, come to think of it they haven't won a lot for quite a while. there is certainly more films of them trudging back from beatings than going the other way.

We should have left them to have a jackboot stamped in their face twice. There was nothing in it for us in either world war. If the square heads wanted to bully europe we should have left them to it as long as we weren't involved. Ungrateful bas**rds.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on November 01, 2021, 02:35:49 pm by selby »
Ay Hounslow, I suppose to people who are racial against their own British people we are not very good at anything, just join the club and dish us some more. I have two uncles buried over there I never met just out on a jaunt following John Wayne and his mates.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on November 01, 2021, 02:40:51 pm by Sprotyrover »
70% of the French kids born in between 1941 and 1946 are half French/German that's why they get on now!

Hounslowrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on November 01, 2021, 04:06:11 pm by Hounslowrover »
Selby, what is being racial about their own British people mean?  Is it because one disagrees?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2021, 04:53:14 pm by Hounslowrover »

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on November 01, 2021, 06:25:07 pm by selby »
  Hounslow, you were the one belittling our armed forces  success of defending democracy in mainland Europe, which I might add they did for quite a period alone against both axis main protagonists Germany in Europe and Japan in the Far East all the time while the United States built up their war machine under peaceful conditions and were quite content to do so until attacked themselves by Japan.
  I am more than willing to accept that the war was won with the help of the USA and even more so by the Russian armed forces whose numbers alone were the reason Germany was defeated.
  But I get just a little peeved when people who were on the wrong end of a democratic vote, something those soldiers of all allied countries gave their lives for to protect, is belittled by mainly still sore remainers six years later trying to score browny points with the racial undertone against their own country.

Hounslowrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on November 01, 2021, 06:39:54 pm by Hounslowrover »
Selby, where did I belittle the role of British and Commonwealth troops, I was merely responding to your post that gave the impression the French owe everything to Britain for saving them during the two world wars. 
Also, from my reply, why do you think I’m a sore remainer belittling my country and not accepting a democratic decision. Again, where are the racial undertones when pointing out a fact about American support.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on November 01, 2021, 09:06:35 pm by SydneyRover »
'' “If there wasn’t any Brexit, there wouldn’t be any issues,” he said. “We were getting on fine before that.”

''‘I wish I’d voted to stay in’: Brixham fishers on the cost of Brexit
Opinions vary in the south Devon town, but some want the UK to get tough on the French''

''Asked how he now views the prime minister, he pauses. “I’m disappointed,” he replies bitterly. “He never mentioned the extra costs.”''

Hands up if you believed booster johnson ........... there is never a downside

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/nov/01/i-wish-id-voted-to-stay-in-brixham-fishers-on-the-cost-of-brexit

Added:

''Jersey has issued another 49 licences to French boats in an apparent attempt to de-escalate a post-Brexit row over fishing rights in which the UK and France have issued tit-for-tat threats''
« Last Edit: November 01, 2021, 09:13:09 pm by SydneyRover »

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #100 on November 04, 2021, 08:14:45 pm by foxbat »
So we left the ‘corrupt’ EU -
because they didn’t let us be properly corrupt?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on November 07, 2021, 04:04:02 pm by wilts rover »
Time to catch up on the latest figures on how well Johnson's deal is going.

According to Government data, all the new trade deals they have conducted so far will be worth 50p per person per year - 178 times less than what the country will have lost from his deal:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-trade-deals-australia-new-zealand-b1952442.html

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #102 on November 07, 2021, 10:54:31 pm by Not Now Kato »
Time to catch up on the latest figures on how well Johnson's deal is going.

According to Government data, all the new trade deals they have conducted so far will be worth 50p per person per year - 178 times less than what the country will have lost from his deal:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-trade-deals-australia-new-zealand-b1952442.html

Yeh, but....

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on November 09, 2021, 04:30:04 pm by foxbat »
Yet another ecample

"For Estonia, the influx of British businesses has contributed to a big jump in tax revenues and reinforced the country’s reputation as a hub of innovation. Their departure from the UK is a stark example the negative impacts of Brexit."

nytimes. com

#BrexitReality
https://t.co/fJdbZdzUWG

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on November 09, 2021, 04:43:09 pm by Axholme Lion »
Yet another ecample

"For Estonia, the influx of British businesses has contributed to a big jump in tax revenues and reinforced the country’s reputation as a hub of innovation. Their departure from the UK is a stark example the negative impacts of Brexit."

nytimes. com

#BrexitReality

Not exactly thousands of employees. Two balloons and a goldfish.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on November 09, 2021, 06:29:49 pm by Sprotyrover »
Anti Brexit mob won't be happy, Rolls Royce intend developing  Small Modular Reactors at the Advanced Industrial business Park at Orgreave, even worse £210 million of Government funding and £197 Million invested by a French Billionaire family! The Reactors costing £2 billion each will provide Carbon free power to 1 million homes, they propose to build 32. This will creat 40,000 jobs in a very advanced high tech industry.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on November 09, 2021, 06:41:49 pm by Sprotyrover »
Yet another ecample

nytimes. com

#BrexitReality
Good grief some Tax dodger sets up a micro company ' Vistal 'in European Tax haven, hopes to employ 10 Brits and 20 Estonians (who need to speak English) also there are 4,000 other Micro tax dodgers set up there Wow! Haven't they got full employment in Estonia due to Oil shale deposits? Massive workforce with a massive Population of 1.4 million,a non Aryan based language and a very large unfriendly neighbour.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on November 09, 2021, 10:28:41 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Anti Brexit mob won't be happy, Rolls Royce intend developing  Small Modular Reactors at the Advanced Industrial business Park at Orgreave, even worse £210 million of Government funding and £197 Million invested by a French Billionaire family! The Reactors costing £2 billion each will provide Carbon free power to 1 million homes, they propose to build 32. This will creat 40,000 jobs in a very advanced high tech industry.

Great news. That's more local work at the AMRC that was set up under the last Labour Govt with support from the EU Regional Development Fund. That fund that was designed to invest in the infrastructure of areas that had been f**ked all over by the previous national governments.

Remind me what this has to do with Brexit?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on November 10, 2021, 08:51:36 am by DonnyOsmond »

The "anti Brexit mob" are usually pro-British investment and jobs, hence why they're anti-Brexit as that reduced those things. Saying we're against companies investing in the UK is up there with saying we're anti-British because we don't want sewage in our rivers.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 06:53:35 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #109 on November 10, 2021, 01:18:42 pm by Not Now Kato »

Great news. That's more local work at the AMRC that was set up under the last Labour Govt with support from the EU Regional Development Fund. That fund that was designed to invest in the infrastructure of areas that had been f**ked all over by the previous national governments.

Remind me what this has to do with Brexit?

Here's another piece of good news touted as being a Brexit benefit....

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/brexit-trumph-uk-firm-announces-first-commercial-flights-of-revolutionary-hydrogen-plane/ar-AAQvg09?ocid=mailsignout&li=AAnZ9Ug

It just goes to show how desperate they are to try and create a fictitious narrative that claims "Brexit Triumphs" which are entirely unrelated to Brexit.

A few question arise form the article....

If hydrogen is the most abundant element on the planet, why does it have to be shipped from Australia to the UK? And at what cost?

Is the shipping of the hydrogen climate-neutral or is it done using diesel-powered ships or aviation fuel powered aeroplanes?

Is their test plane actually powered by hydrogen or is it powered by batteries?

Why has Boris been Photoshopped into the picture?

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #111 on November 15, 2021, 01:35:19 pm by normal rules »
Nothing to do with any proposed nexit.
It’s because Netherlands will be underwater by the end of the century.
Mind you, so could a great deal of the uk by then too.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #112 on November 15, 2021, 09:35:21 pm by SydneyRover »
https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1521563/nexit-news-Netherlands-leave-eu-shell-moves-to-uk-Brexit-dutch-pride

''Shell basing itself in the UK is not a vote of confidence in the economy''

''So is Shell’s decision a “clear vote of confidence in the British economy,” as Kwasi Kwarteng, the business secretary, claimed? Not really. One doubts Shell’s directors spent any time pondering the state of the UK economy. It’s really a question of Anglo-Dutch multinationals’ frustration with the Dutch system of applying a 15% withholding tax on dividends''

https://www.theguardian.com/business/nils-pratley-on-finance/2021/nov/15/shell-basing-itself-in-the-uk-is-not-a-vote-of-confidence-in-the-economy

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #113 on November 16, 2021, 03:32:56 pm by selby »
  I suppose not many will be saying the jobs Data is nothing to do with Brexit then, must be terrible when good news comes in.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #114 on November 16, 2021, 03:40:21 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Fuming I am.

We urgently need a stair lift for my wife, and the local company here in Northern Ireland will fit one day after the parts arrive from the mainland.

Previously all stair lifts were shipped from the manufacturer in GB individually and  immediately. Now, unlike the rest of the UK,  because of paperwork the manufacturer waits until they have several lifts in an order and only ship once or twice a week to Northern Ireland. We already have more than a week's delay. Each day is a nightmare and a serious potentially fatal accident waiting to happen.

Thanks Boris.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #115 on November 16, 2021, 04:45:07 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
We have had a nice example of Brexit. My wife's grandmother died in Italy this summer. She's the next of kin and we are trying to sell the old lass's house (for a pittance). My wife had to go to the Italian Embassy in London to have her signature witnessed on some of the sale documents whcih she then posted to the solicitor in Italy.

That was 28 days ago.

27 days ago, the Royal Mail document tracker had them as being ready to be shipped to Italy.

Then no update for weeks. The solicitor getting frantic. The buyer threatening to pull out  because of the delay.

This lunchtime, the tracker has just been updated to say the documents are now in transit to Italy. We've contacted the Royal Mail and been told the delay is sue to Brexit paperwork.

Not as serious as yours DU and I hope that one is sorted soon. But this is an example of that must be being repeated thousands and thousands of times every day of every week.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #116 on November 16, 2021, 04:56:59 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Fuming I am.

We urgently need a stair lift for my wife, and the local company here in Northern Ireland will fit one day after the parts arrive from the mainland.

Previously all stair lifts were shipped from the manufacturer in GB individually and  immediately. Now, unlike the rest of the UK,  because of paperwork the manufacturer waits until they have several lifts in an order and only ship once or twice a week to Northern Ireland. We already have more than a week's delay. Each day is a nightmare and a serious potentially fatal accident waiting to happen.

Thanks Boris.

Boris still didn't know last Autumn, just before we left the EU but whilst still negotiating the Withdrawal what a Custom Union is or what it does. And people trusted that he knew what  he was doing as well as believing in the bullshit he spouted about how things were going to be ('oven-ready' etc.).

https://www.cityam.com/brexit-boris-johnson-never-understood-what-leaving-customs-union-meant-says-cummings/

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #117 on November 16, 2021, 05:12:16 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Max Hastings, the first of Johnson's bosses to sack him for lying, very presciently said almost a decade ago that if Britain ever decided to make Johnson PM, we would have given up any pretence of being a serious nation.

That is precisely what has happened. People think they've elected a buffoonish showman. That would have been bad enough but the reality is far worse. We have elected a venal narcissist who is utterly bored with detail and has no real understanding of the magnitude of the task of being PM. That's why he just lies when he's put on the spot - like he did about the NI Customs Border. God f**king help us if we face a truly existential crisis while he is still in No10.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #118 on November 16, 2021, 05:47:16 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Do you mean something like a global pandemic, BST?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #119 on November 16, 2021, 06:08:06 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I mean a pandemic that would kill 20% of the population or a Great Depression style crash or a near-peer war.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012