Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 09:29:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 910170 times)

TheFunk

• Forum Member
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #10470 on March 20, 2021, 04:23:44 pm by TheFunk »
I'm not 50 until May so thought I was going to have to wait a bit longer. Then yesterday got a text from GP saying I can book a vaccine. Than god for having asthma as a teenager and into my 20s. Vaccine done this afternoon and by the time i got back to the car it was 2-2 so i missed out on all the we are shit.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

auckleyflyer

• Forum Member
« Reply #10471 on March 20, 2021, 07:56:23 pm by auckleyflyer »
50 in Oct so presume I'm way down the listing, hope they split it 49-45 firstly. As I'm not liking the boomers attitude that their all right and should be allowed to go about their normal routine, it's this group I find that have all the 2nd homes down here in Cornwall and villa's in Europe. If there's ever a "you need proof of vacation" policy anywhere, there'll be hell to pay! We've suffered and the kids have for this year and beyond (as we'll pick up the pieces) whole the right to buyers, on final salary pensions who never went near a world war (who funnily enough always post shit on Facebook about how Europe ows us or this generation are woke)
Believe me the hard working ages and kids won't be duped again

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #10472 on March 20, 2021, 08:32:13 pm by idler »
50 in Oct so presume I'm way down the listing, hope they split it 49-45 firstly. As I'm not liking the boomers attitude that their all right and should be allowed to go about their normal routine, it's this group I find that have all the 2nd homes down here in Cornwall and villa's in Europe. If there's ever a "you need proof of vacation" policy anywhere, there'll be hell to pay! We've suffered and the kids have for this year and beyond (as we'll pick up the pieces) whole the right to buyers, on final salary pensions who never went near a world war (who funnily enough always post shit on Facebook about how Europe ows us or this generation are woke)
Why do you tar us all with the same brush Auckley?
Maybe a lot of the Boomers that get air time are the extremists or the ones that shout the loudest. Do you think that a lot of this group don’t care despite having kids and grandkids of their own. A lot of us do care despite being financially better placed than some.

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #10473 on March 21, 2021, 09:59:24 am by no eyed deer »
BST - What do you think about the vaccine roll out, you've always said that everyone needs it to protect others. Should we still lockdown ?

What do you think about the prospect of a vaccine passport for travel, even though it means only the lucky few (you included) can.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10474 on March 21, 2021, 12:33:01 pm by ravenrover »
No luck in it, have the vaccine job done

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #10475 on March 21, 2021, 01:05:59 pm by no eyed deer »

And do I leave the kids at home?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10476 on March 21, 2021, 02:40:03 pm by ravenrover »
Depends how old they are, young enough and they wont need a vaccine . Bit of a problem if they are early teens I would guess

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #10477 on March 21, 2021, 02:49:43 pm by no eyed deer »
Correct, now you can see the problem and why  passport can't be used.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #10478 on March 21, 2021, 04:48:58 pm by Nudga »
Looks like the definition of herd immunity or the natural immune system has been changed. The science changes to suite the agenda eh.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10479 on March 22, 2021, 09:20:44 am by bpoolrover »
Really good news on the AstraZeneca jab,trials in America in a test using over 32k people showed 100 percent protection against being seriously ill

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #10480 on March 22, 2021, 09:23:31 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »

I mean there clearly is given I can't have the vaccine for bloody ages yet.  Spend a year plus sticking by rules so the vulnerable and elderly can be protected then as soon as they are vaccinated many don't seem to care.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #10481 on March 22, 2021, 09:49:11 am by Filo »

I mean there clearly is given I can't have the vaccine for bloody ages yet.  Spend a year plus sticking by rules so the vulnerable and elderly can be protected then as soon as they are vaccinated many don't seem to care.

It was always going to slow down once the 2nd jabs were due

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #10482 on March 22, 2021, 09:57:33 am by Axholme Lion »

The older people have less time left than the young. Every year lost to them is really important compared to the young who have decades left.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #10483 on March 22, 2021, 10:07:33 am by Filo »

Those boomers are the ones that picked up the pieces after WW2, helping to pay off a huge debt

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #10484 on March 22, 2021, 10:19:03 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Not really Filo. The majority of Baby Boomers didn't hit 20 until the 70s or later. The WWII debt had been essentially dealt with by then.

What the BB generation then did (collectively, not every individual of course) was to consistently vote to knock down the post War consensus that had given us such a successful few decades after the War, with unprecedented growth, unprecedented equally shared.

• VSC Member
« Reply #10485 on March 22, 2021, 10:27:21 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Of course it was. My point is we are either all in this together or we are not.  If we're not, get the pubs and stadiums open and take our chances.  We can't just ditch that selfishly as soon as we've had our jabs individually.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #10486 on March 22, 2021, 11:13:42 am by Axholme Lion »

Of course it was. My point is we are either all in this together or we are not.  If we're not, get the pubs and stadiums open and take our chances.  We can't just ditch that selfishly as soon as we've had our jabs individually.

As i drive around from what i see the young think the last year has never happened and doesn't apply to them.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #10487 on March 22, 2021, 11:21:21 am by selby »
  When the numbers are finally put together especially the census and the vaccination numbers, that should indicate where we are, and just how many people are outside the system and don't exist or are claiming off the state while not being in this country.
  That is where the biggest fraud is taking place, the reason why ID cards are needed.
  This pandemic and the vaccination roll out and the traceability of who have had the vaccine should be used in conjunction with medical records of those not having the vaccine combined with the census to have a massive shake out of the benefit system and who is claiming fraudulently.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #10488 on March 22, 2021, 01:10:26 pm by drfchound »

As i drive around from what i see the young think the last year has never happened and doesn't apply to them.

Bang on AL.
I see groups of teenagers and young adults in groups all the time.
Most of them don’t give a monkeys about social distancing.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #10489 on March 22, 2021, 01:13:01 pm by drfchound »
The children of the Baby Boomers are happy enough with their inheritance.

Stocksbridge Owl

• Forum Member
« Reply #10490 on March 22, 2021, 01:18:22 pm by Stocksbridge Owl »

Bang on AL.

Equally I’d invite you to pop into any Supermarket in the country, on any day of the week to see how the older members of society view social distancing.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #10491 on March 22, 2021, 01:34:20 pm by Axholme Lion »

Bang on AL.

On a personal basis i do not agree with lockdowns, i think they have done more harm than good. However i put my own feelings aside and have abided by the rules for the past year. It's because of these thoughtless/selfish/stupid people that this thing will drag on forever. Many young folk think they will live forever and don't give a monkey's, it's like it where i work. How i have avoided covid is a miracle.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #10492 on March 22, 2021, 01:37:21 pm by River Don »
Many of us on here seem to be in their early 50s. Born in the late 60s and early 70s.

That would make us the generation after the baby boomers... Do we have generational nickname? I think I must've missed it.

The children of the Thatcher era, who grew up and voted for Tony Blair.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 01:45:25 pm by River Don »

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #10493 on March 22, 2021, 01:45:41 pm by Axholme Lion »
Many of us on here seem to be in their early 50s. Born in the late 60s and early 70s.

That would make us the generation after the baby boomers... Do we have generational nickname? I think I must've missed it.

Generation X. Like Billy Idol.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #10494 on March 22, 2021, 01:47:22 pm by River Don »

Generation X. Like Billy Idol.

Suitably enigmatic.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #10495 on March 22, 2021, 01:48:18 pm by Axholme Lion »
Gen X missed out on the good stuff the BBs had, no pension to look forwards to, yet the Millennials and Gen Zers think we had it easy.

• VSC Member
« Reply #10496 on March 22, 2021, 01:58:56 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Or perhaps each generation has different but no more difficult challenges?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #10497 on March 22, 2021, 02:06:14 pm by River Don »
I don't think Billy Idol really sums up our generation that well.

No, the song that really did sum it up was Ghost Town by The Specials.

So Generation Ghost Town AKA The Special Generation.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #10498 on March 22, 2021, 02:07:46 pm by Axholme Lion »
Don't see many challenges for the 'yoof' today. It's too easy for them to play an 'ism' card.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #10499 on March 22, 2021, 02:09:33 pm by Axholme Lion »
I don't think Billy Idol really sums up our generation that well.

No, the song that really did sum it up was Ghost Town by The Specials.

So Generation Ghost Town AKA The Special Generation.

Wasn't he in Generation X?

The Specials had some good records. I liked Gangsters and Rat race.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012