Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:06:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 905338 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #4470 on May 25, 2020, 09:59:44 am by SydneyRover »
''Bishops turn on Boris Johnson for defending Dominic Cummings''

Sounds like something out of Monty Python  :)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #4471 on May 25, 2020, 10:02:58 am by Jonathan »
I know I questioned whether it was his mother’s birthday earlier in the thread (which a certain poster took as gospel) but really what does it matter? Birthdays, deaths, shopping, childcare, it’s all just skirting around the edges as we know that so many people have made the hardest decisions to follow the rules and guidelines (against their human instinct) in these circumstances.

In some cases some of the personal (mis)information flying about is frankly unpleasant, and where his uncle sadly passed away is separate to the flouting of the rules. The fact is that he showed no regard for the rules and the guidelines that everyone else was expected to abide by. And those in power have not shown any respect for the public through their point blank refusal to either explain or condemn it. The actual story is black and white.

The flooding of conflicting information and contradictory explanation through social media channels is, in essence, classic Dom.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 10:06:15 am by Jonathan »

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4472 on May 25, 2020, 10:11:24 am by IDM »
It’s just as much his don’t care what it looks like attitude.

Even if, and I say if carefully, the small print in the rules allowed him to act as he did - the public as a whole did not know about the small print, nor that you can follow your instinct.!

Let’s say I had a 4 year old child.  Let’s say we were in the park in our household group, and we bump into a similar group including the child’s friend.  It would be my parental instinct to let the kids play together - because that is what children do, it’s what they need, and it’s better than the anguish for the children of not letting them play when they see each other a few metres away.

Now extrapolate that across the population, how many more law abiding folks are now going to believe they are legitimised to twist the rules.?

How many people who were borderline on breaking lockdown rules anyway - let’s face it there will be a bunch of selfish people in our society - are definitely going to break the rules?

The risk is a surge in infections and therefore deaths.

Those deaths would ultimately be the responsibility of the PM - regardless of what Cummings did nor his “f**k you” attitude - because of his handling of the situation.

How the f**k can the man sleep at night.?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 10:16:01 am by IDM »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4473 on May 25, 2020, 10:19:41 am by SydneyRover »
I'm not buying any of the varied explanations the main message of the time he got in his car and drove north was 'do not leave home'

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4474 on May 25, 2020, 10:42:23 am by IDM »
This (below) on the gov.uk website TODAY.

See the second bullet point.  Why does Cummings need to be physically present at Downing Street.?  He could hold meetings with Johnson online and work from home.

He’s not following the instructions there.

I also had a look at the links on the gov.uk site to try and see if I could find the exceptions.  I’m no legal expert but I found this:

“ Restrictions on movement

6.—(1) During the emergency period, no person may leave [F8or be outside of] the place where they are living without reasonable excuse.

(2) For the purposes of paragraph (1), a reasonable excuse includes the need—

(d)to provide care or assistance, including relevant personal care within the meaning of paragraph 7(3B) of Schedule 4 to the Safeguarding of Vulnerable Groups Act 2006 F14, to a vulnerable person, or to provide emergency assistance;“

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/350

So if the argument is that Cummings’ child was “vulnerable” then my interpretation of the above is that SOMEONE ELSE would have had a reasonable excuse to leave THEIR home in order to provide care or assistance to said child.?  And not that a family had reason to relocate itself to be closer to said person!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 10:48:55 am by IDM »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4475 on May 25, 2020, 10:48:38 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Another twist on the story then. Cummings went to Durham because his uncle died.

So now we have:

1. For my elderly parents to provide childcare

2. No, for my sister to provide childcare

3. Ok, no one provided childcare, but I was ill

4. No, my wife was ill. I thought I was ill. But I wasn’t. Until I was.

5. My uncle died.

What will it be tomorrow - they had a supply of toilet rolls and we ran out?

https://twitter.com/BarristerSecret/status/1264662832018337792

Apparently the bairn has autism now.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jamiemcleod02/status/1264731537913925632

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4476 on May 25, 2020, 10:49:57 am by BillyStubbsTears »
''Bishops turn on Boris Johnson for defending Dominic Cummings''

Sounds like something out of Monty Python  :)

That's thrown me. I've always thought Johnson was someone who bashed the bishop.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #4477 on May 25, 2020, 10:50:42 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Another twist on the story then. Cummings went to Durham because his uncle died.

So now we have:

1. For my elderly parents to provide childcare

2. No, for my sister to provide childcare

3. Ok, no one provided childcare, but I was ill

4. No, my wife was ill. I thought I was ill. But I wasn’t. Until I was.

5. My uncle died.

What will it be tomorrow - they had a supply of toilet rolls and we ran out?

https://twitter.com/BarristerSecret/status/1264662832018337792

Apparently the bairn has autism now.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jamiemcleod02/status/1264731537913925632

That begs the question - as both parents are working, don't they already have childcare in place?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4478 on May 25, 2020, 10:54:52 am by IDM »
Precisely Glyn, that’s exactly the point we were discussing at home once I saw that on Twitter.  I don’t know if the autism story is true?

Whilst Cummings family is as entitled to privacy in respect of their child’s health as is anyone else, given that this is such a huge issue across the country, it may have helped their argument and understanding of they said their son has this, and what it means to his care arrangements.?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 11:11:45 am by IDM »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4479 on May 25, 2020, 10:55:21 am by BillyStubbsTears »
I don't know. But read the rest of that autism thread. Then compare and contrast with some of the "facts" that people say on here that they have heard.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4480 on May 25, 2020, 10:56:46 am by BillyStubbsTears »
For the record, so nobody gets this wrong, Cummings's bairn does NOT have autism. But that story shows how people's heads are being deliberately f**ked by social media.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #4481 on May 25, 2020, 11:05:33 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Precisely Glyn, that’s exactly the point we were discussing at home once I saw that on Twitter.  I don’t know if the autism story is true?

Whilst Cummings family is as entitled to privacy in respect of their child’s health as is anyone else, given that this is such a huge issue across thy e country, it may have helped their argument and understanding of they said their son has this, and what it means to his care arrangements.?

It doesn't really matter about any purported autism - don't parents who are both working arrange some sort of childcare anyway?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4482 on May 25, 2020, 11:12:13 am by SydneyRover »
Austism or not the kid shouldn't have been driving.  :)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4483 on May 25, 2020, 11:25:26 am by SydneyRover »
Anger is still growing as one senior tory MP has had to apologise to his electorate for his tweeted support of cummings from yesterday.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #4484 on May 25, 2020, 12:00:51 pm by River Don »
Weston Supermare hospital, temporarily closed due to the numbers of C19 cases presenting.

It's just about long enough since VE party day to expect to see a surge in infections...

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4486 on May 25, 2020, 12:44:37 pm by SydneyRover »
#cumgate

Now trending

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4487 on May 25, 2020, 12:44:43 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Photo of the Year competition has now closed. Nobody is going to beat this.

https://mobile.twitter.com/mawee1978/status/1264629586249289728

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4488 on May 25, 2020, 12:49:06 pm by Filo »
Interesting

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4489 on May 25, 2020, 12:52:56 pm by SydneyRover »
Is johnson such a coward he can't front up to the media?

Has cumming spoken to the nation before?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4490 on May 25, 2020, 12:54:05 pm by Filo »

Has any special advisor spoken to the nation before?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4491 on May 25, 2020, 12:58:44 pm by SydneyRover »
comment on the Guardian

''campaign manager campaigns for himself, that is when it is all over, when U become the news story, this is beginning of the end, for the buffoon and the martian''

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #4492 on May 25, 2020, 12:59:02 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Exactly, quite something that an advisor is now seen as so important.  It begs a real question as to how important they should be.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4493 on May 25, 2020, 01:02:42 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
This is proper through the looking glass shit.

If he's been sacked, why the hell would he speak to the nation.

If he's not been sacked, why the hell would he speak to the nation.

Mind, it does just accept publicly who is really in charge.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4494 on May 25, 2020, 01:05:26 pm by Filo »

Exactly, quite something that an advisor is now seen as so important.  It begs a real question as to how important they should be.

More importantly it begs the question who is really in charge, the denials and rebuttals have so far followed the chain of command, Saturday  Cabinet ministers have a go, no change, yesterday the PM has a go, no change, now on to the top man?

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #4495 on May 25, 2020, 01:09:46 pm by MachoMadness »
Is this the first time a special adviser has made a public statement of this kind? Certainly the first I can remember. Bizarre time we live in.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4496 on May 25, 2020, 01:13:13 pm by Filo »
Cummings Sister is a Director of the company award the track and trace contract, was the trip to Durham a business trip?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4497 on May 25, 2020, 01:15:23 pm by SydneyRover »
Breaking News:

Cummings has sacked Johnson because of his persistent incompetence and will be speaking as the new PM.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #4498 on May 25, 2020, 01:26:27 pm by Donnywolf »
Twice at least (I wont sensationalise) Johnson referred to Cummings "doing the right thing" in trying to SUPPRESS the Virus

Why didnt someone ask ffs - does it suppress the Virus if one of you who had symptoms gets in a car for 4 hours (ish) with 2 people that dont - including one kid who he said he was frightened for ?

How does it SUPPRESS the Virus if you have been in said Car for 2 hours and little kid wants a pee or Car needs fuel ? We will get the evidence soon enough but if Wife had symptoms the advice was isolate for 7 days for her and 14 days for others so to me taking kid to loo does not SUPPRESS the Virus one little bit.

The much trumpeted R rate would have been close to 2 (I dont know) and the above 2 actions COULD and I am not claiming it did COULD have helped raise that R rate and was the reason the advice was STAY AT HOME PROTECT THE NHS SAVE LIVES

AND

How did going to Barnard Castle when the "rule" was no uneccessary journeys help SUPPRESS the Virus even when he / they may have been symptom free. THEY could have caught it there and spread it when back home in London

Ditto Bluebell Wood

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4499 on May 25, 2020, 01:54:48 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I suggest a journalist asks Cummings for his opinion on this when he Speaks To The Nation.

https://mobile.twitter.com/tug/status/1264815080132182016

Utterly heartbreaking.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012