Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:42:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Article 50  (Read 33860 times)

auckleyflyer

• Forum Member
Re: Article 50
« Reply #60 on November 05, 2016, 02:06:23 pm by auckleyflyer »
I like a few others believe it was a decision we the public shouldn't have been asked to make.
Said all along we were doing what no government could get through or away with!
I welcome this judgment as it makes the politicians also accountable. They cant just fob us off with "tye people spoke" lets nail their colours to the mast?!
Going to be messy for the party that orchestrated this :)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on November 05, 2016, 02:58:25 pm by IDM »
I would say he is still fuming about it. I would not say thats accepting the decision

b*llocks..

I voted remain and I think the whole referendum was flawed from the beginning - yet I accept that more folks voted leave than remain..

The issue now, is how to deal with it..  That should have been planned in advance, and made public for both leave and remain options, so the vote could be made more effectively on what the country can reasonably be expected to achieve.

Your fuming about it also. I accept you may not be happy about the decision that's fine but don't pretend to have accepted the decision when clearly you haven't. And please don't say my opinion is b*llocks just because it differs to yours

No, your deduction about what other people may be THINKING, is b*llocks, I never said that about your opinion..

You can have whatever opinion you like, doesn't mean we have to agree.

and, yes, I have accepted the result.  I don't like it, for a whole variety of reasons and the whole brexit thing is a total clusterf**k, but I have no issue with the vote count!!

I accept doncaster rovers got relegated, I don't like it and I still don't.  But they can put that right this season, or next..  I still accept what has happened though.

There is a big difference between not liking something and not accepting it..

del boy

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on November 05, 2016, 03:17:08 pm by del boy »
I would say he is still fuming about it. I would not say thats accepting the decision

b*llocks..

I voted remain and I think the whole referendum was flawed from the beginning - yet I accept that more folks voted leave than remain..

The issue now, is how to deal with it..  That should have been planned in advance, and made public for both leave and remain options, so the vote could be made more effectively on what the country can reasonably be expected to achieve.

Your fuming about it also. I accept you may not be happy about the decision that's fine but don't pretend to have accepted the decision when clearly you haven't. And please don't say my opinion is b*llocks just because it differs to yours

No, your deduction about what other people may be THINKING, is b*llocks, I never said that about your opinion..

and, yes, I have accepted the result.  I don't like it, for a whole variety of reasons and the whole brexit thing is a total clusterf**k, but I have no issue with the vote count!!

I accept doncaster rovers got relegated, I don't like it and I still don't.  But they can put that right this season, or next..  I still accept what has happened though.

There is a big difference between not liking something and not accepting it.

Like i said you are still fuming about the decision, that's the impression i get from you and several other poster on here. Thats my opinion it's not b*llocks it's my opinion or can you not accept that either

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on November 05, 2016, 03:25:38 pm by Lipsy »
Even if anyone was still 'fuming' about the result, what's the problem with that? I don't understand the issue - apparently, some folks were fuming about being part of the EU (under various guises) for 40 years...

Frankly, given the tanking of sterling, billions of pounds of quantitive easing, a rise in racism and attacks on minority groups, and an alarming emboldening of the hard right elements (in the press, politics and on the streets), I don't see much to be cheery about at the moment. And that's before we even invoke Article 50... Which is before we leave the EU as well. Anyone care to point me to the good stuff that's to come? 'Cos I ain't seeing much of a rosy future at the moment...
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 08:08:34 pm by Lipsy »

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on November 05, 2016, 03:31:34 pm by IDM »

b*llocks..

There is a big difference between not liking something and not accepting it.

Like i said you are still fuming about the decision, that's the impression i get from you and several other poster on here. Thats my opinion it's not b*llocks it's my opinion or can you not accept that either

No, you don't understand my arguments at all.. Therefore your conclusion about what I may or may not be thinking, is b*llocks - unless you are clairvoyant or something??

I have big issues with the referendum process and brexit both before and after the vote, but I have no issue with the vote, it the decision, itself..

del boy

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on November 05, 2016, 03:41:35 pm by del boy »
Even if anyone was still 'fuming' about the result, what's the problem with that? I don't understand the issue - apparently, some folks were fuming about being part of the EU (under various guises) for 40 years...

Frankly, given the tanking of sterling, billions of pounds of quantitive easing, a rise in racism and attacks on minority groups, and an alarming emboldening of the hard right elements (in the press, politics and on the streets), I don't see much to be cheery about at the moment. And that's before we even invoke Article 50... Which is before we leave the EU as well. Anyone care to point me to the good stuff that's to come? 'Cos I ain't seeing much of rosy future at the moment...

So finally you admit you are fuming with the result. Credit to you for doing so now will the others on here do the same instead of boring the pants off the rest of us spouting the same stuff over and over again.

You are right about the negative stuff happening all over the country particularly the instant recession that was predicted its hit me hard in the pocket................ oh wait a minute it never happened

Just a quote from the telegraph to back me up

"The Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development, a think tank for rich countries, is the latest body to recant its prophecies of doom, admitting that the UK economy has been ticking along nicely since the referendum. Its assessment is shared by the Office for National Statistics, which says that there is, as yet, no sign of economic trouble arising from the vote, much less the immediate recession shamefully predicted by George Osborne’s Treasury in a bid to scare voters out of voting to leave."

Were all doomed

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on November 05, 2016, 03:51:29 pm by IDM »
Do you drive del boy?  Have you not noticed the petrol price rises with oil priced in dollars?  You have not noticed the news stories of supermarkets  possibly needing to put prices up because their suppliers are paying more to import raw materials?

The economy isn't going to settle either way for quite a long time, and certainly not until the actual brexit process is clear, and then even longer too probably.

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on November 05, 2016, 03:55:29 pm by Lipsy »
del boy, del boy, del boy - where was any admission that I or anyone was fuming?

Looks to me as though you like the idea that some people might be narked off by it. I think that says more about you than it does anyone else.

del boy

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on November 05, 2016, 04:05:13 pm by del boy »
Do you drive del boy?  Have you not noticed the petrol price rises with oil priced in dollars?  You have not noticed the news stories of supermarkets  possibly needing to put prices up because their suppliers are paying more to import raw materials?

The economy isn't going to settle either way for quite a long time, and certainly not until the actual brexit process is clear, and then even longer too probably.

I have 2 cars thanks and petrol is still alot cheaper than it was a couple of years ago but we will ignore that fact to suit you if you like.  The rest of your statement contains a few possibilities and probabilities not facts. Like I keep saying some of you keep pretending you have accepted the result but really you haven't with the exception of Lipsy who has come round to my point of view  ;)

del boy

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on November 05, 2016, 04:07:10 pm by del boy »
del boy, del boy, del boy - where was any admission that I or anyone was fuming?

Looks to me as though you like the idea that some people might be narked off by it. I think that says more about you than it does anyone else.

Lipsy, Lipsy, Lipsy So are you are now saying you are not narked of by the result

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on November 05, 2016, 04:19:56 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Phuk me! mad mick is back.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on November 05, 2016, 04:23:28 pm by IDM »

I have 2 cars thanks and petrol is still alot cheaper than it was a couple of years ago but we will ignore that fact to suit you if you like.  The rest of your statement contains a few possibilities and probabilities not facts. Like I keep saying some of you keep pretending you have accepted the result but really you haven't with the exception of Lipsy who has come round to my point of view  ;)

Which bit of "but I have no issue with the vote, it the decision, itself.." did you not read??

There are big issues with brexit, still, which I have major concerns over - and I never said they weren't possibilities or probabilities. 

But what bit of having those concerns means I don't accept the result??  I have no pretence, I know my own mind, but you seem to be guessing..

How about you read my whole post, and digest what I actually said, especially the bit about accepting the result??

del boy

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on November 05, 2016, 04:30:03 pm by del boy »
Phuk me! mad mick is back.
[/quote

Thats a bit harsh IDM has been around for ages  ;)

Anyway thats enough fishing for this weekend.  Time for me to move on :woohoo:

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on November 05, 2016, 06:47:14 pm by MachoMadness »
Maybe the Government should just shut up and accept the democratic decision made by the court and move on. That's how we deal with Brexit, right?

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on November 05, 2016, 07:53:50 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Maybe the people who took it to court should have just accepted the result of the majority

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on November 05, 2016, 08:05:02 pm by Copps is Magic »
Maybe the majority should realise the result of the referendum was only ever advisory and move on.

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on November 05, 2016, 09:54:12 pm by Lipsy »
Maybe we should thank the people who took it to court for not allowing the Government to set a potentially dangerous precedent?

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on November 05, 2016, 10:06:49 pm by BobG »
Well, well, well. There's none so blind as them that don't wanna see. Is there Del Boy? How on Earth you can construe a decision by a Court that Royal Prerogative does not encompass the power to make and break treaties is beyond me. Can you distinguish a debate about process? Or the fact that nobody, not nobody, has challenged the result of the vote? Is your knowledge of history sufficient to allow to recognise the horse and cart Mrs May and co. have been planning to drive through the constitution of this country and 300 years of accepted practice? Clearly not.

Oh, and one more thought: if the urge to vote to leave was driven by the desire to 'reclaim our sovereignty' how come you and all the other leavers have got so apopletic about someone reclaiming that very sovereignty? The two faced double standards employed by you and your ilk are breathtaking.

Still. Not to worry. We can look forward to being on our own now. A truly glorious prospect....

BobG

del boy

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on November 05, 2016, 10:39:09 pm by del boy »
The amazing Bob G. Thought you would have been along sooner than this with your usual waffle better late than never I suppose. Another one fuming that the vote didn't go your way are you?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on November 05, 2016, 11:08:25 pm by IDM »
The amazing Bob G. Thought you would have been along sooner than this with your usual waffle better late than never I suppose. Another one fuming that the vote didn't go your way are you?

Change the f**king record, will you??  Why not actually read the posts and make your arguments against the points, not just trotting out the same "fuming that the vote didn't go your way" line??

or maybe you are just a troll, eh?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on November 05, 2016, 11:10:01 pm by RedJ »
Nah, you're fewwwwwwwwwming mate. Can see the fume from space.

He's obviously made a lot of constructive input to the thread and isn't making himself look like a tool at all.

del boy

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on November 05, 2016, 11:33:39 pm by del boy »
I have had enough of this thread now. I have been taking the p*ss all day and a few posters have took the bait I even said I was fishing on an earlier post.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on November 06, 2016, 12:27:54 am by MachoMadness »
I have had enough of this thread now. I have been taking the p*ss all day and a few posters have took the bait I even said I was fishing on an earlier post.

"Joke's on them, I was only pretending to be a cretin!"

Nice one.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on November 06, 2016, 08:16:27 am by wilts rover »
I think Corbyn has been pretty clear today on where he stands:

“We are not challenging the referendum. We are not calling for a second referendum. We’re calling for market access for British industry to Europe.”

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/nov/05/jeremy-corbyn-theresa-may-brexit-bottom-line-article-50-early-election

Whilst India's PM has shown how difficult it will be for TM to negotiate trade deals whilst wanting to block immigration.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/nov/06/india-warns-uk-immigration-policy-wreck-post-brexit-trade-deal

So you see there in those two stories why there is grave concern over TM wanting to be in sole charge of negotiations - it won't go well.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on November 06, 2016, 09:24:12 am by Muttley »

So you see there in those two stories why there is grave concern over TM wanting to be in sole charge of negotiations - it won't go well.

Luckily TM is not in sole charge of negotiations...she's got David Davis to help her :-/

Yargo

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on November 14, 2016, 10:54:46 am by Yargo »

Luckily TM is not in sole charge of negotiations...she's got David Davis to help her :-/
Should I be surprised not one remainiac has nominated their chosen negotiator? I'll give you 7 to choose  one from. Obviously all have to have excellent pro EU credentials.
Blair,Clegg,Cameron,any of the 3 Kinnocks,or how about Mandelson? I imagine Stubbs would be having a right stiffy over at least 5 of those

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on November 14, 2016, 06:14:07 pm by wilts rover »
It's not up to me, it's up the government to choose the person they think is going to get the best deal for Britain. David Davies wouldn't be top of my list though -his only negotiating point seems to be 'we want to come out' - hardly conductive to getting a good trading deal I would have thought.

How much do you Brexiters think we should pay to visit Europe? £10, £20, £100? Out is out isn't it?
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/nov/14/eu-ministers-to-discuss-plan-to-charge-britons-to-visit-europe-after-brexit

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on November 14, 2016, 10:52:35 pm by BobG »
I was wondering just how far from requiring visas to go to France, Holland and Spain we might end up being.... Maybe, if the past is anything to go by, still a reasonable distance. But that could very easily not hold true for Eastern Europe, the Baltics and maybe even parts of Scandinavia. 51st State anyone?

Cheers

BobG

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on November 19, 2016, 06:50:09 pm by coventryrover »
I am miffed that 16-17 yos didn't get to vote....They can do lots of things but cannot vote on something that would affect them the most.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on November 20, 2016, 01:18:15 am by BobG »
I see the point Cov. It has a lot of sense. But, by definition, it is adults who vote in elections. If we re-define adult as meaning anayone over 16, are you willing to accept all the other changes that would bring about? Ability to get pissed; ability to drive; ability to commit to mortgages and all sorts of other financial instruments and matters; ability to be sent down to adult prisons. The list goes on for miles and miles and miles....

A tough call not to allow 16 and 17 year olds to vote - but I reckon it was the right call overall.

Cheers

BobG

TinyPortal © 2005-2012