Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:57:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brexit Negotiations  (Read 311444 times)

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
Re: Brexit Negotiations
« Reply #2520 on September 20, 2018, 10:45:44 pm by Sprotyrover »
Who needs an army?  The next world war will not be fought in the trenches
The only " standing army  " will be the hackers but Sproty still lives in the past .
I'm not quite sure he's even aware that the Berlin wall has come down yet !
Sorry chum to win a war you need to occupy Territoy and for that you need Infantry.

Err. 1918?

We never won the First World War, there was an Armistice. The Germans were convinced that they had been sold down the river by their Government and that bitterness was one of the most powerful drivers for starting hostilities in 1939.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2521 on September 20, 2018, 10:52:46 pm by Sprotyrover »
Who needs an army?  The next world war will not be fought in the trenches.

The only " standing army  " will be the hackers but Sproty still lives in the past .
Sorry chum to win a war you need to occupy Territoy and for that you need Infantry.

That makes me wonder why Japan surrendered.

Okinawa was Japanese territory, and did we not send our troops onto the other Japanese Islands after the surrender ?

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2522 on September 20, 2018, 10:56:39 pm by Sprotyrover »

Again... why are you constantly f**king banging on about a war that isn't even on the horizon?...
Sorry I have merely been answering points by other forum members,you don't have to read my posts I never read yours!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2523 on September 20, 2018, 10:59:02 pm by Filo »

Again... why are you constantly f**king banging on about a war that isn't even on the horizon?...
Sorry I have merely been answering points by other forum members,you don't have to read my posts I never read yours!

Apart from the one you have just quoted? 😀😀

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2524 on September 20, 2018, 11:12:11 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Germany didn't lose WWI?

We're right through the looking glass now then.

I assume they paid reparations, gave up vast swathes of eastern land and demilitarised the Rhineland on a whim then?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2525 on September 20, 2018, 11:16:14 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Anyway. In a probably vain attempt to keep this thread roughly on topic, how cringingly embarrassing was Salzburg for May?

10 minutes to make her pitch to the Dragons at midnight last night. Then today, Tusk has said the case doesn't stack up and for that reason, we're out.

And before the Brexiters start moaning that the EU is being beastly, what Tusk said today is EXACTLY what the EU has said for more than two years. There will not be a deal for the UK that undermines the principles of the Single Market. Chequers undermines the principles of the Single Market. A child could have followed the logical thread to where we are now.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2526 on September 20, 2018, 11:22:11 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Oh. By the way. This is miles beyond funny now. This is getting REALLY f**king serious.

https://m.facebook.com/1498276767163730/posts/2172510166407050/

Any prospect of a remotely sensible deal has gone. We're now looking at:

1) No deal. Catastrophic for us economically.
2) Deferment of the decision. Catastrophic for us politically as it means we just put off the crisis.
Or
3) A second referendum. Catastrophic for us socially because of the dog whistles to The Will of The People that have been blown regularly for 2 years, stirring up passions.

What an utter, shambolic f**k up.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #2527 on September 20, 2018, 11:22:58 pm by RedJ »

You're the one who keeps randomly bringing up some future war that nothing points towards happening.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #2528 on September 21, 2018, 08:06:19 am by Glyn_Wigley »

That makes me wonder why Japan surrendered.

Okinawa was Japanese territory, and did we not send our troops onto the other Japanese Islands after the surrender ?

Okinawa? That's like saying Britain was defeated when the Germans occupied the Channel Islands! Who cares about after after the surrender, they didn't surrender because of what happened afterwards!

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2529 on September 21, 2018, 10:24:10 am by Sprotyrover »

Apart from the one you have just quoted? 😀😀

It was a direct question to me, I did recall reading one of his the other day about book keeping accounting  but I only got to the second line before moving on.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2530 on September 21, 2018, 10:32:18 am by Sprotyrover »
Germany didn't lose WWI?

We're right through the looking glass now then.

I assume they paid reparations, gave up vast swathes of eastern land and demilitarised the Rhineland on a whim then?

Did the Allies take away Germanys ability to fight another war ? Rommel,Guderian, Kesselring,Goring, all felt that their Government in 1918 had let them down.
We are not far off a similar malaise in the country.

A German revanchist movement developed in response to the losses of World War I. Pan-Germanists within the Weimar Republic called for the reclamation of the property of a German state due to pre-war borders or because of the territory's historical relation to Germanic peoples. The movement called for the reincorporation of Alsace-Lorraine, the Polish Corridor and the Sudetenland (see Bohemia, Moravia, Silesia—parts of the Austrian Empire and Austria-Hungary until its dismemberment after World War I). Those claims, supported by Adolf Hitler, led to World War II, with the invasion of Poland. This irredentism had also been characteristic of the Völkisch movement in general and of the Pan-German League (Alldeutsche Verband). The Verband wanted to uphold German 'racial hygiene' and were against breeding with so-called inferior races like the Jews and Slavs.[7]
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 10:35:53 am by Sprotyrover »

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #2531 on September 21, 2018, 11:43:56 am by Axholme Lion »
Bring on no deal. That is what I thought we had voted for. In or out, plain and simple. Not out but with all the strings attached of staying in. Why does a certain section of the population find it so difficult to accept the fact that they lost the vote.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #2532 on September 21, 2018, 11:51:38 am by RedJ »
Because a lot of people voted out based on a vision that was never realistically going to be able to be delivered. Because people were lied to in a vote over the biggest constitutional matter in a generation. Because people had their personal data illegally used to spread these lies.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2533 on September 21, 2018, 12:57:48 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Axholme.

I fully accept that Leave won the vote. I also believe that anyone voting Leave an expecting that to result in a No Deal exit didn't have a clue what that would mean.

Every single rational assessment of the consequences of No Deal has predicted that it would have a catastrophic effect on our economy. And I MEAN catastrophic.

The Govt's own figures say that the result of No Deal will mean that our economy will lose something approaching £1trillion over the next decade. Even the staunchest Brexit supporter accepts that it would take that long until we started to pull round.

Have you any comprehension what losing £1trn would mean?

Thing is. No one really wants No Deal. At least no one who's thought of the consequences. It's being dangled as part of a political game. And if you swallow that, you are being played as part of a few senior politicians' ambitions.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #2534 on September 21, 2018, 01:28:18 pm by idler »
Every problem between differing parties needs to be solved by negotiation.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #2535 on September 21, 2018, 01:36:40 pm by Axholme Lion »
We didn't do too well before joining the EU did we?
We built cars, motorbikes, aeroplanes, ships, tv and radios so on and so forth. All we have now are call centres and a KFC and McDonalds on every street corner, while the Germans flood our country with their vastly over-rated overpriced cars.
We should go to the wire with them, let them blink first and if it's no deal then tax their products off the market.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2536 on September 21, 2018, 01:37:09 pm by Sprotyrover »
Losing £1 Trillion over a decade? Bit like having Jerenmy Corbyn at the helm!

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2537 on September 21, 2018, 01:42:46 pm by Sprotyrover »
There are a lot of countries in that gang of 26 doing very nicely out of us, including Merkels mob who have been skankng the US and ourselves for the last decade by having a nice little earner in reneging on their Defence budgets, hence Yanks pulling out and us too,I think we have about 1000 military personnel left in Germeny and a Battalion in Estonia.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2538 on September 21, 2018, 01:44:45 pm by SydneyRover »
The parrot is definitely dead.

''Conservative cabinet minister insists Theresa May’s Brexit deal is alive despite all 27 EU leaders saying it's dead''

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/theresa-may-brexit-deal-james-brokenshire-eu-leaders-chequers-cabinet-conservative-tory-a8548181.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vuW6tQ0218

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #2539 on September 21, 2018, 01:49:28 pm by Donnywolf »
We built cars, motorbikes, aeroplanes, ships, tv and radios so on and so forth. All we have now are call centres and a KFC and McDonalds on every street corner, while the Germans flood our country with their vastly over-rated overpriced cars.
We should go to the wire with them, let them blink first and if it's no deal then tax their products off the market.

Just seen that (on average) people when asked think we are the Worlds 27th biggest manufacturer of goods

In fact we are 8th ! BBC today I am sure said 7th ?

https://www.themanufacturer.com/uk-manufacturing-statistics/

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #2540 on September 21, 2018, 01:49:48 pm by Axholme Lion »
How can you take the likes of Tusk seriously with his childish Instagram post about cherries and cakes. He needs to remember how many Brits died to save his third rate country from his mates in Berlin. Show some respect.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #2541 on September 21, 2018, 03:20:20 pm by Boomstick »
How can you take the likes of Tusk seriously with his childish Instagram post about cherries and cakes. He needs to remember how many Brits died to save his third rate country from his mates in Berlin. Show some respect.
Spot on, pretty sure they still owe us after ww2 . Certainly morally if not financially

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2542 on September 21, 2018, 03:48:30 pm by SydneyRover »
I think any respect for our political leaders disappeared when Cameron threw his toys out of the pram, since then we have suffered pure humiliation at the hands of the tories, they couldn't negotiate a round of drinks at Oktoberfest.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #2543 on September 21, 2018, 04:30:27 pm by MachoMadness »
f**king hell we're still banging on about the war. Embarrassing.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #2544 on September 21, 2018, 04:41:55 pm by Donnywolf »
S
H
A
M
B
L
E
S

Thats the least embarrassing thing to be said about the whole thing from Camerons attempt to unite his Party once and for all on ths issue - his great "deal" that he said we would get - his calling of a Referendum - his failure to say we needed a "conclusive" vote in the Referrendum (say 60%) for there to be any change in the status quo

Since then its been the same old s**t day after day. The best thing I have heard was when someone proposed the BBC should have a Channel dedicated to B****t (I try never to speak or type that stupid f*****g word if I can help it). That would be good !

I am fed up of the whole thing AND I really think that we will end up somehow with we the people voting again on whatever deal somebody eventually comes up with and we the people rejecting that deal and remaining in the EU after probably 3 years of what will then have turned out to be hypothetical toing and froing

Roll on another chance to vote just to be rid of the whole bloody shambles

S
H
A
M
L
E

F
R
E
E
Z
O
N
E

P-L-E-A-S-E

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2545 on September 21, 2018, 05:28:45 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

So you obviously have no idea why our manufacturing industry is less important now than it was in the 60s and 70s. It's got sod all to do with EU membership. It's the result of Thatcher's decision to deindustrialise and pitch us as a services economy.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2546 on September 21, 2018, 05:29:48 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

And you obviously don't know much about WWII either if you think we saved Poland.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #2547 on September 21, 2018, 06:18:25 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

And you obviously don't know much about WWII either if you think we saved Poland.

If we're talking numbers of corpses dictating policy here, then he ought to remember the 20 million Russians that died liberating his country and sell his soul to Putin. I doubt that one British soldier died on Polish soil.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2548 on September 21, 2018, 06:32:31 pm by Sprotyrover »
Poles will never thank Russia for anything, The Russians invaded Poland in 1939. 2 weeks after the Nazis

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2549 on September 21, 2018, 08:08:41 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I was thinking about the Poles who gave their lives in the Battle of Britain. And given the fact that their airmen shot down something like 1 in 10 of all the Luftwaffe planes downed in that battle, and arguably tipped the balance, maybe the thanks should be going the other way.

And before trumpeting anything about our commitment to Polish freedom, you'd be advised to Google Churchill, Stalin and the blue tick.

And that's before you start shaking your head at the stupidity of framing 2018 policy in the light of what happened in WWII. It's farcical that folk are still bringing that up. If you're digging up old history, why should we expect to get a trade deal with the USA when we burned the White House in 1814?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012