Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 11:40:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brexit deal  (Read 370590 times)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
Re: Brexit deal
« Reply #3060 on April 09, 2019, 05:21:24 pm by wilts rover »
Did he really?
Well he also said. If we must choose between Europe and the open sea, we must choose the open sea. (the world)

Did he really?

When exactly did Winston Churchill say that phrase please as I can't find him ever saying it?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3061 on April 09, 2019, 05:46:44 pm by wilts rover »
"If you try to hold us against our will, you will be faced with Perfidious Albion on speed" - a direct quote from Mark Francois just now. This really happened.

Is that one of Hawkwind's albums - quoted by a bloke who on one of his better day comes out with stuff that would be to weird even for Hawkwind...

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #3062 on April 09, 2019, 08:53:36 pm by The Red Baron »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3063 on April 09, 2019, 09:14:00 pm by SydneyRover »
''Britain is still a member of the EU thanks to people who wished it wasn’t. Brexit has already been delayed once because MPs who think it should happen voted against the deal that would have made it happen. Now Theresa May is going to Brussels to postpone it further. Such self-thwarting is a feat of slapstick political gymnastics, like falling up a flight of stairs''

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/apr/09/brexit-worth-it-public-question-referendum

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #3064 on April 09, 2019, 09:24:04 pm by The Red Baron »
''Britain is still a member of the EU thanks to people who wished it wasn’t. Brexit has already been delayed once because MPs who think it should happen voted against the deal that would have made it happen. Now Theresa May is going to Brussels to postpone it further. Such self-thwarting is a feat of slapstick political gymnastics, like falling up a flight of stairs''

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/apr/09/brexit-worth-it-public-question-referendum

Sorry Sydney, you've lost me. But to be fair I no longer know what is going on.

There does need to be a lengthy extension, a change of Tory leader and then a General Election. Although I can't see that scenario happening. Welcome to Hotel California Brexit, where we check out but never leave.

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #3065 on April 09, 2019, 10:26:55 pm by Iberian Red »
Yeah, like you lot keep beefing about it was only 52% of the poll who voted for leave but are happy enough with a single vote win in parliament.
How long does the Brexit referendum result stay relevant?
Considering what we know now about what can actually be agreed, the consequences of no deal, how many brexiteers have died since 2016 and how many more remain votes have come of age, the fact all polls show remain would now win and the fact MP's are changing their minds almost daily about Brexit?
Just a guess here bj but as the majority of brexiteers seem to be old white gammon most of em may be in cardiac arrest over dealing with JC and No-deal kicked into touch.

If you can't come on this forum without making abusive comments like that, then I suggest you just leave the forum, take your bigoted, biased opinions with you, and don't f*cking come back.

There's a touch of hypocrisy in that post.

Oh, I'd forgotten all about you, Iberian Red

Dont worry fella, that will be an age thing.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3067 on April 10, 2019, 12:09:22 am by SydneyRover »

Sorry Sydney, you've lost me. But to be fair I no longer know what is going on.

There does need to be a lengthy extension, a change of Tory leader and then a General Election. Although I can't see that scenario happening. Welcome to Hotel California Brexit, where we check out but never leave.
It's just an article outlining the shambles brexit is with those that want to leave voting to stand in the way and now asking for an extension which further delays leaving.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3068 on April 10, 2019, 12:33:31 am by SydneyRover »
Pandora's Box now open - official.

https://mobile.twitter.com/GoodwinMJ/status/1115524497724063744?p=v

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-kent-47824367
''Broken Britain - new:

-63% say "system rigged to help the rich & powerful"
-56% "Britain is in decline"
-54% "Britain needs strong leader willing to break rules"
-50% "Politicians don't care about people like me"
-47% "feel I've no influence over decisions" (new high)''

I'm surprised only 63% think the system is against them when you look at zero hours contracts, food banks and Austerity but I suppose it's not uncommon for some people forced by Austerity to take zero hours contract work and then having to go to food banks to be able to eat.

6,072,095 signatures

Number of people receiving three days' worth of emergency food from Trussell Trust foodbanks in the United Kingdom (UK) in 2017/18, by region*

https://www.statista.com/statistics/382725/foodbanks-emergency-food-needed-in-united-kingdom-uk-by-region/

« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 12:55:57 am by SydneyRover »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3069 on April 10, 2019, 07:05:12 am by SydneyRover »
And for a bit of variation .......................

Brexit re article 50 it must not be suspended/stopped under any circumstances
the full details are well known to everyone the media has covered it fully

This petition is closed 116,485 signatures

Leave the EU immediately
The Government should walk away from the Article 50 negotiations and leave the EU immediately with no deal. The EU looks set to offer us a punishment deal out of spite. Why wait another 18 months when we could leave right away and fully take back control of our country, lawmaking powers and borders?

This petition is closed 141,835 signatures

Ensure that the U.K. leaves the EU Single Market & Customs Union.
On 23rd June 2016, the U.K. voted by majority to leave the EU. In the 2017 General Election, the two main parties promised to leave the single market & customs union and subsequently they received an 80% vote share. Therefore the government must be able to withdraw the U.K. from the Customs Union.

This petition is closed 81,192 signatures

Withdraw the UK from the EU even if Parliament rejects the final Brexit deal.
We, the undersigned believe that the decision of the British people to leave the EU should be honoured by Parliament.
We therefore call upon all MPs to accept that a vote by them to reject the final Brexit deal will mean that the UK will leave the EU and revert to trading under WTO Rules.

This petition is closed 8,344 signatures

Revoke Article 50 and remain in the EU.
The government repeatedly claims exiting the EU is 'the will of the people'. We need to put a stop to this claim by proving the strength of public support now, for remaining in the EU. A People's Vote may not happen - so vote now.

Sign this petition 6,072,168 signatures

Catherine McKinnell said during the petition debate

The vote leave statement was:

“Taking back control is a careful change, not a sudden stop—we will negotiate the terms of a new deal before we start any legal process to leave.”

''Or the pledge made in the 2017 Labour party manifesto:

“Labour recognises that leaving the EU with ‘no deal’ is the worst possible deal for Britain and that it would do damage to our economy and trade. We will reject ‘no deal’ as a viable option”.

Or, indeed, the 2017 Conservative party manifesto, which said that the Prime Minister would deliver:

“The best possible deal for Britain as we leave the European Union delivered by a smooth, orderly Brexit.”

Just sayin'

« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 07:22:20 am by SydneyRover »

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #3070 on April 10, 2019, 08:17:08 am by IDM »
So the vote leave statement was b*llocks then.?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #3071 on April 10, 2019, 11:37:24 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Sydney those manifestos and people also all said Brexit has to happen - just saying.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3072 on April 10, 2019, 11:45:52 am by BillyStubbsTears »
BFYP
Strictly speaking, the Labour manifesto did not say Brexit has to happen.

It said that Labour accepted the result of the referendum and would put the national interest first.

That's the sleight of hand from Corbyn that I've been talking about for the past 2 years.

In any case, policies have to change as circumstances change. Insisting that manifesto committments are sacrosanct (especially for a party that lost the election) is absurd.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3073 on April 10, 2019, 12:16:46 pm by SydneyRover »
Sydney those manifestos and people also all said Brexit has to happen - just saying.
That's right, many people have said many things and we should recognise it's a fluid situation but I think we can finally rule out no-deal and rule in a CU ........ of some sort. There is going to be a lot of disappointment because very few if any will get all they want.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #3074 on April 10, 2019, 04:36:13 pm by scawsby steve »
Yeah, like you lot keep beefing about it was only 52% of the poll who voted for leave but are happy enough with a single vote win in parliament.
Considering what we know now about what can actually be agreed, the consequences of no deal, how many brexiteers have died since 2016 and how many more remain votes have come of age, the fact all polls show remain would now win and the fact MP's are changing their minds almost daily about Brexit?
Just a guess here bj but as the majority of brexiteers seem to be old white gammon most of em may be in cardiac arrest over dealing with JC and No-deal kicked into touch.

If you can't come on this forum without making abusive comments like that, then I suggest you just leave the forum, take your bigoted, biased opinions with you, and don't f*cking come back.

Don't worry about me old lad, you just get on with what you're best at, kissing BST's arse.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #3075 on April 10, 2019, 04:42:55 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Don't worry about me old lad, you just get on with what you're best at, kissing BST's arse.

Guess the author:

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #3076 on April 10, 2019, 05:10:24 pm by scawsby steve »

Guess the author:

So you don't think I should respond to someone trying to take the p*ss out of my age, something that a few of you on here are quite smart at doing?

If someone attacks me, I attack back.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3077 on April 10, 2019, 05:12:04 pm by Filo »

Spoken like a true Leeds Fan

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #3078 on April 10, 2019, 05:26:52 pm by scawsby steve »

Spoken like a true Leeds Fan

Leeds fan? What on earth are you talking about?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #3079 on April 10, 2019, 06:05:43 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Guess the author:

So you don't think I should respond to someone trying to take the p*ss out of my age, something that a few of you on here are quite smart at doing?

Spoken like a true hypocrite.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #3080 on April 10, 2019, 06:18:19 pm by scawsby steve »

Guess the author:

"Thick", "stupid", "can't write their own name", "pensioners with zimmer frames", "old white gammon", "soon be having cardiac arrests", "will be dead by now", "coffin dodgers".

Just a few of the many insults hurled at Brexit voters on this forum and many other forums over the last 2 years; and you call me abusive and hypocritical?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #3081 on April 10, 2019, 06:40:25 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Scawsby, I think it's what they call grown-up politics.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #3082 on April 10, 2019, 06:59:39 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Steve, if you have a zimmer frame don't let anyone hold that against you hun x

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #3083 on April 10, 2019, 07:03:33 pm by IDM »
I have debated brexit on here and I don’t remember ever insulting anyone over their age.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #3084 on April 10, 2019, 07:16:15 pm by The Red Baron »
It'll be interesting to wake up tomorrow morning and find out what has happened at the summit tonight. Surely if the EU27 will only grant a long-ish extension then May must resign?

Although everyone assumes that the Tory Party will elect a Hard Brexiteer, they might elect someone who took a more pragmatic view, for instance over a second referendum. He or she will have their own Red Lines, but they might not be the same as May's. Also a new PM might want to have a General Election, which could also break the logjam in Parliament.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #3085 on April 10, 2019, 07:23:13 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Guess the author:

"Thick", "stupid", "can't write their own name", "pensioners with zimmer frames", "old white gammon", "soon be having cardiac arrests", "will be dead by now", "coffin dodgers".

Just a few of the many insults hurled at Brexit voters on this forum and many other forums over the last 2 years; and you call me abusive and hypocritical?

Being a hypocrite is when you start to do exactly what you say others shouldn't do.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #3086 on April 10, 2019, 07:27:19 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
It'll be interesting to wake up tomorrow morning and find out what has happened at the summit tonight. Surely if the EU27 will only grant a long-ish extension then May must resign?

Although everyone assumes that the Tory Party will elect a Hard Brexiteer, they might elect someone who took a more pragmatic view, for instance over a second referendum. He or she will have their own Red Lines, but they might not be the same as May's. Also a new PM might want to have a General Election, which could also break the logjam in Parliament.

If the Tories elect a Hard Brexiter, there's no guarantee they'll be PM. In an extreme case it could even make Corbyn PM without an election.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #3087 on April 10, 2019, 07:45:42 pm by scawsby steve »

Guess the author:

Being a hypocrite is when you start to do exactly what you say others shouldn't do.

So if someone thumps you on the nose, you're just going to take it and not thump them back?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 07:48:52 pm by scawsby steve »

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #3088 on April 10, 2019, 07:58:16 pm by scawsby steve »
Steve, if you have a zimmer frame don't let anyone hold that against you hun x

Nice one Donny. Seriously though, I'm lucky at my age to be able to walk many miles at a good pace, but some can't. It's those people that I'm defending when I kick off on here.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #3089 on April 10, 2019, 08:12:41 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Guess the author:

So if someone thumps you on the nose, you're just going to take it and not thump them back?

If I told someone they shouldn't thump people on the nose and then did the same myself, I'd be a hypocrite.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012