Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:10:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brexit deal  (Read 371886 times)

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
Re: Brexit deal
« Reply #2850 on April 04, 2019, 12:17:39 pm by Axholme Lion »
I'm not clicking a Mail link, but I'm going to assume that article conveniently ignores the Brexiteer Tory MP who pleaded guilty to expenses fiddling who voted the other way. Although it's nice to see you finally care about fair and legal votes...

Yeah, like you lot keep beefing about it was only 52% of the poll who voted for leave but are happy enough with a single vote win in parliament.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #2851 on April 04, 2019, 12:19:46 pm by bobjimwilly »
here's the headline: Fury as disgraced ex-Labour MP Fiona Onasanya helps Remainer rebels to victory by ONE VOTE on law to stop No Deal Brexit
And here's two bullet points directly underneath:
  • Last night she cast the deciding vote for Bill that will force the PM to delay Brexit
  • 14 remain Tory MPs also backed the Bill including ex-Chancellor Ken Clarke
So her vote was the deciding vote, not the 14 Tory MP's the rebelled against this dreadful government

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #2852 on April 04, 2019, 12:21:40 pm by bobjimwilly »
Yeah, like you lot keep beefing about it was only 52% of the poll who voted for leave but are happy enough with a single vote win in parliament.
How long does the Brexit referendum result stay relevant?
Considering what we know now about what can actually be agreed, the consequences of no deal, how many brexiteers have died since 2016 and how many more remain votes have come of age, the fact all polls show remain would now win and the fact MP's are changing their minds almost daily about Brexit?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #2853 on April 04, 2019, 12:33:42 pm by IDM »
I'm not clicking a Mail link, but I'm going to assume that article conveniently ignores the Brexiteer Tory MP who pleaded guilty to expenses fiddling who voted the other way. Although it's nice to see you finally care about fair and legal votes...

How come parliament has had multiple votes on brexit, but it’s only ok for population to have only one.?

How is it ok that MPs like boris Johnson can change minds from publicly opposing May’s deal in the national press, to supporting it on the third vote, yet the public can’t change theirs or be given the opportunity to do so.?

3 years is a long time.  All those 16/17 year olds in 2016 denied a one-off vote about their future are now of age to vote whilst brexit hasn’t happened yet.. 

Where does that make sense.??

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2854 on April 04, 2019, 12:37:07 pm by SydneyRover »
Considering what we know now about what can actually be agreed, the consequences of no deal, how many brexiteers have died since 2016 and how many more remain votes have come of age, the fact all polls show remain would now win and the fact MP's are changing their minds almost daily about Brexit?
Just a guess here bj but as the majority of brexiteers seem to be old white gammon most of em may be in cardiac arrest over dealing with JC and No-deal kicked into touch.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2855 on April 04, 2019, 12:40:21 pm by SydneyRover »

How come parliament has had multiple votes on brexit, but it’s only ok for population to have only one.?

How is it ok that MPs like boris Johnson can change minds from publicly opposing May’s deal in the national press, to supporting it on the third vote, yet the public can’t change theirs or be given the opportunity to do so.?

3 years is a long time.  All those 16/17 year olds in 2016 denied a one-off vote about their future are now of age to vote whilst brexit hasn’t happened yet.. 

As Boris is a certifiable w**ker I don't think anyone cares how many times he changes his mind any more he is now irrelevant.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #2856 on April 04, 2019, 12:42:58 pm by IDM »
It’s not that he and others have changed their minds, it’s that they have the opportunity to do so whereas we don’t.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2857 on April 04, 2019, 12:46:23 pm by SydneyRover »
In the real world all problems are successfully solved eventually by negotiation. I've not seen one politician on the Brexit side convince me that they are capable of forming a group to solve this.
I voted leave because I didn't want a more federal Europe but from what I have seen in the last three years, I would rather now remain and fight for change from the inside.
I had some  remainers telling me I was xenophobic,racist or stupid.
I now have Brexiteers telling me that I knew exactly what I was voting for and we need a hard Brexit.
Like many more I never for a minute expected a chance of leaving without a negotiated deal of some sorts.
Thanks Idler, you bring calm and considered comments to what can be a highly charged debate.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #2858 on April 04, 2019, 12:49:57 pm by Axholme Lion »

16/17 year olds were 'denied' a vote because they are kids. The legal age for voting should be at least 21, even then most of them are only interested in I-phones. Voting should be for people in work.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #2859 on April 04, 2019, 01:00:05 pm by RedJ »
Christ...

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2860 on April 04, 2019, 01:00:50 pm by SydneyRover »
It’s not that he and others have changed their minds, it’s that they have the opportunity to do so whereas we don’t.
Brexit itself is not rational IDM which makes it impossible to argue for, when you look back through the pages of this thread whenever a direct question is asked such as what do you want or how will things be ok or .......... the debate mysteriously moves on to the next irrational statement.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2861 on April 04, 2019, 01:03:20 pm by SydneyRover »
Christ...
No just a sad millwall supporter

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2862 on April 04, 2019, 01:07:42 pm by SydneyRover »
''In the Lords the supporters of the Cooper bill have won a second vote. A move to hold up the bill proposed by the Tory Lord Forsyth has been defeated by 254 votes to 94 - a majority of 160''

Is this is not the end, not even the beginning of the end but perhaps the end of the conservative party.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #2863 on April 04, 2019, 01:08:41 pm by IDM »

16/17 year olds were 'denied' a vote because they are kids. The legal age for voting should be at least 21, even then most of them are only interested in I-phones. Voting should be for people in work.

They got the vote in Scotland’s independence referendum..

Over 21.? In work.?? What’s next, men only.??

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #2864 on April 04, 2019, 01:09:54 pm by MachoMadness »
Bit surprised at you saying you think all the retired pensioners who voted Leave shouldn't have had a vote, AL.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #2865 on April 04, 2019, 01:30:19 pm by Boomstick »

Agreed, to a certain extent.
I'd make voters pass an iq test before they get the right to vote.
Probably be the end of Labour though...

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2866 on April 04, 2019, 01:37:49 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Funny that.

When I pointed out the established fact that the older voters were and the lower their highest level of education, the more likely they were to have voted Leave, I had a torrent of abuse thrown at me. I was told I was a f**king disgrace for calling Leave supporters thick.

I assume those who got really upset about that in 2016 will be calling out BS for this latest contribution?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2867 on April 04, 2019, 01:46:57 pm by SydneyRover »
Funny that.

When I pointed out the established fact that the older voters were and the lower their highest level of education, the more likely they were to have voted Leave, I had a torrent of abuse thrown at me. I was told I was a f**king disgrace for calling Leave supporters thick.

I assume those who got really upset about that in 2016 will be calling out BS for this latest contribution?
Unfortunately BS has fallen for another wind up from millwall, another own-goal from Brexitcon.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2868 on April 04, 2019, 01:54:14 pm by SydneyRover »
''The closure motion has been approved, by 227 votes to 111 - a majority of 116.

Peers are now voting on Lord Forsyth’s main amendment to the Hayter business motion. It says the normal Lords procedures should apply to the Cooper bill, instead of the fast-track ones proposed by Hayter.

After the Forsyth amendment, there are six more from Brexiters. At this rate, if peers try to debate all of them, and they are all subject to a closure motion vote and then a vote on the motion, this process could drag on half the afternoon''

leave means verbal diarrhea, come on guys you're better than this, tell how the sun will shine every day and we'll all live happily ever after.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #2869 on April 04, 2019, 02:00:06 pm by Axholme Lion »
Bit surprised at you saying you think all the retired pensioners who voted Leave shouldn't have had a vote, AL.

Well of course they should because they've already done their years of work paying in for nothing in return.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #2870 on April 04, 2019, 02:01:00 pm by Axholme Lion »
Christ...
No just a sad millwall supporter

Not sad, i'm as happy as can be.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #2871 on April 04, 2019, 02:59:50 pm by Boomstick »
Funny that.

You never cease to amaze me, how someone starts somewhere, and you end up somewhere else.
You being ageist, is a separate issue.
Iq by the way, is not dependent on education.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 03:14:59 pm by Boomstick »

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #2872 on April 04, 2019, 03:16:59 pm by scawsby steve »
Just a guess here bj but as the majority of brexiteers seem to be old white gammon most of em may be in cardiac arrest over dealing with JC and No-deal kicked into touch.

If you can't come on this forum without making abusive comments like that, then I suggest you just leave the forum, take your bigoted, biased opinions with you, and don't f*cking come back.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 03:32:22 pm by scawsby steve »

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #2873 on April 04, 2019, 04:35:48 pm by The Red Baron »
''The closure motion has been approved, by 227 votes to 111 - a majority of 116.

Peers are now voting on Lord Forsyth’s main amendment to the Hayter business motion. It says the normal Lords procedures should apply to the Cooper bill, instead of the fast-track ones proposed by Hayter.

After the Forsyth amendment, there are six more from Brexiters. At this rate, if peers try to debate all of them, and they are all subject to a closure motion vote and then a vote on the motion, this process could drag on half the afternoon''

leave means verbal diarrhea, come on guys you're better than this, tell how the sun will shine every day and we'll all live happily ever after.

Even some Remain supporters think the Cooper Bill is a pile of you know what.

If the Lords isn't going to revise badly drafted and rushed legislation there isn't really much point in having a Second Chamber.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #2874 on April 04, 2019, 04:37:36 pm by The Red Baron »

Any MP who gets a criminal conviction should forfeit their seat and not be allowed to stand again until after the next General Election.

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #2875 on April 04, 2019, 08:42:18 pm by Iberian Red »

If you can't come on this forum without making abusive comments like that, then I suggest you just leave the forum, take your bigoted, biased opinions with you, and don't f*cking come back.

There's a touch of hypocrisy in that post.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #2876 on April 04, 2019, 09:12:33 pm by scawsby steve »

There's a touch of hypocrisy in that post.

Oh, I'd forgotten all about you, Iberian Red, another member of the backslappers club, all congratulating each other on being masters of the Universe.

There must be at least 6 of you now.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #2877 on April 04, 2019, 09:15:34 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I bet the other 5 think he's a real asset!

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #2878 on April 04, 2019, 09:41:55 pm by scawsby steve »
I bet the other 5 think he's a real asset!

We all know who the leader is though BB; the one whose every word they hang on to.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #2879 on April 04, 2019, 09:49:01 pm by Bentley Bullet »
They're known as the Britain Surrendering Together party. Here's their anthem to their leader.

https://youtu.be/FqDZOekUDzE

TinyPortal © 2005-2012