Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:28:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson  (Read 126077 times)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
Re: Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson
« Reply #30 on July 30, 2019, 10:05:16 pm by Bentley Bullet »
They're not pissing themselves with laughter, are they Billy lad?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on July 30, 2019, 10:23:52 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I've not much interest in what neo-Nazis think about Brexit.

You fill your boots though.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on July 30, 2019, 10:26:07 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I was responding to the post that said they're pissing themselves. Do you think they are?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on July 30, 2019, 10:37:04 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BB

I'll repeat it really slowly for you.

I don't give a f**k what neo-Nazis say about Brexit. I don't care whether they laugh, cry or smirk about it. And I would never, ever cite the opinions of neo-Nazis because they happened to support the case I wanted to make.

But you fill your boots.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on July 30, 2019, 10:44:11 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Billy. It was you who responded to my post voluntarily, so don't blame me if you chose to get involved in something you've not got much interest in.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on July 30, 2019, 10:51:14 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Just pointing out what you are doing. Nothing more, nothing less. You want to use opinions of neo-Nazis to support the point you are wanting to make then fine. Your choice.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on July 30, 2019, 10:55:07 pm by Bentley Bullet »
The point I wanted to make was that the EU isn't pissing itself over us, far from it.

Shitting itself.......Maybe.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on July 30, 2019, 11:13:42 pm by Boomstick »
Just pointing out what you are doing. Nothing more, nothing less. You want to use opinions of neo-Nazis to support the point you are wanting to make then fine. Your choice.
If they are neo nazis then why haven't they been arrested, and why are they allowed to speak?
Is it because they aren't actually neo nazis as you lefty bed wetters claim, when anyone doesn't support your narrow minded narrative.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on July 30, 2019, 11:17:38 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
And the evidence you chose to make that point was a speech by a leader of a neo-Nazi party. A party which has its own agenda on the issue of wanting to destabilise both the EU and German politics.

That's bad enough.

Then you double down by somehow drawing the conclusion that those neo-Nazis represent EU opinion.

For what it's worth, I don't think the EU has been (note the tense: I know these things are important to you) laughing at us. I think they've been grimly disappointed. Not shitting themselves, because we can't possibly damage them as much as we can damage ourselves, and they know that when push comes to shove, we not so f**king stupid as to economically hammer ourselves just purely to spite them.

Did you watch that Storyville documentary about the attitudes of the EU negotiators? The one that Leave.EU selectively editted to wind up the gullible into believing that the negotiators were devious liars? It's well worth watching. You'll see an attitude of sadness from the EU, combined with a steely determination that Brexit is not going to undermine the EU (which, of course, is what the AfD and their friends in the Kremlin want to happen).

I sense now that there is a sense of bewilderment that Britain,a country renown for hard-headed pragmatic diplomacy, has chosen a f**king idiot like Johnson as it's leader. Not pissing themselves exactly, but astonished that we could make ourselves look so utterly stupid. Play to the mob in the way that tin pot autocrats do in countries that don't have pretensions of being serious world powers.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on July 30, 2019, 11:20:21 pm by Boomstick »
And the evidence you chose to make that point was a speech by a leader of a neo-Nazi party. A party which has its own agenda on the issue of wanting to destabilise both the EU and German politics.

That's bad enough.

Then you double down by somehow drawing the conclusion that those neo-Nazis represent EU opinion.

For what it's worth, I don't think the EU has been (note the tense: I know these things are important to you) laughing at us. I think they've been grimly disappointed. Not shitting themselves, because we can't possibly damage them as much as we can damage ourselves, and they know that when push comes to shove, we not so f**king stupid as to economically hammer ourselves just purely to spite them.

Did you watch that Storyville documentary about the attitudes of the EU negotiators? The one that Leave.EU selectively editted to wind up the gullible into believing that the negotiators were devious liars? It's well worth watching. You'll see an attitude of sadness from the EU, combined with a steely determination that Brexit is not going to undermine the EU (which, of course, is what the AfD and their friends in the Kremlin want to happen).

I sense now that there is a sense of bewilderment that Britain,a country renown for hard-headed pragmatic diplomacy, has chosen a f**king idiot like Johnson as it's leader. Not pissing themselves exactly, but astonished that we could make ourselves look so utterly stupid. Play to the mob in the way that tin pot autocrats do in countries that don't have pretensions of being serious world powers.
😂😂😂😂😂 Kicking and screaming won't help you get your Teddy you threw out of your pram in 2016.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on July 31, 2019, 05:43:40 pm by scawsby steve »
other countries will certainly be confused by the UK voting to deliberately sabotage it's own economy. I can actually hear them p1ssing themselves with laughter from here.

Really? Do you mean like the 60 plus million people in America who'll be voting next year to let the Democrats take a wrecking ball to the booming US economy, with high taxes and unemployment?

Yeah right.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on July 31, 2019, 07:23:47 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
You're miles off the pace SS.

Yes, Trump's tax cuts gave the economy a sugar rush (as well as massively increasing the deficit...hey! funny that! Republicans used to care about the deficit when they were stopping Obama spending when the economy REALLY needed it...).

But the effect is already wearing off rapidly.

America's long term GDP growth rate is about 3.3%. Under Trump it just kissed that value briefly as the tax cuts kicked in. But growth has dropped rapidly over the past year. It's now down to 2.2% and falling like a stone.

Go check. The data's all out there.

The economy ain't going to win it for Trump next year.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on July 31, 2019, 07:41:53 pm by scawsby steve »
You're miles off the pace SS.

Yes, Trump's tax cuts gave the economy a sugar rush (as well as massively increasing the deficit...hey! funny that! Republicans used to care about the deficit when they were stopping Obama spending when the economy REALLY needed it...).

But the effect is already wearing off rapidly.

America's long term GDP growth rate is about 3.3%. Under Trump it just kissed that value briefly as the tax cuts kicked in. But growth has dropped rapidly over the past year. It's now down to 2.2% and falling like a stone.

Go check. The data's all out there.

The economy ain't going to win it for Trump next year.

And what about the 4 million jobs created that you conveniently never mention? How many jobs do you seriously think the Democrats will create?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on July 31, 2019, 08:45:13 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
SS.
Why do you do this? There's a whole world of information at your fingertips out there.

Go and have a look at how many jobs were created under Obama. He inherited an economy at the start of the worst recession in 80 years but, despite a Republican Congress that neutered his more ambitious reflation proposals, there were about 13 million jobs created between 2010 and 2017.

Just go and look at the numbers and see if they support what you want to believe.

In case you're struggling, have a look here.

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/employed-persons

Hit the "10Y" button under the graph.

And then I suggest you stop and have a wee think about how you develop your opinions.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 09:58:01 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

SouthStandFan

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on July 31, 2019, 09:56:38 pm by SouthStandFan »
BST, in a borough that voted almost 70% leave.... what do the Best for Doncaster group hope to achieve?

The "poll" of 115 people (out of an electorate of over 217,000) is honestly a bit sad.

I checked out the website, and can't find any articles to persuade me to be a Remainer... the website is all about there being a group, not what they actually want or their ideas....

I'll be honest it comes across as borderline parody and I assure you I have an open mind despite our previous debates on the issue.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on July 31, 2019, 10:00:04 pm by scawsby steve »
SS.
Why do you do this? There's a whole world of information at your fingertips out there.

Go and have a look at how many jobs were created under Obama. He inherited an economy at the start of the worst recession in 80 years but, despite a Republican Congress that neutered his more ambitious reflation proposals, there were about 13 million jobs created between 2010 and 2017.

Just go and look at the numbers and see if they support what you want to believe.

Like I've said before Billy, I get my information from pundits and experts on the News broadcasts and Press previews, most of them who hate Trump but face up to facts. It's also interesting that the same people claim that Trump, the supposed racist, has put more blacks and latinos back into work than any previous President.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on July 31, 2019, 10:19:16 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
But why listen to pundits? Or accept what they say? The facts are there for you to check yourself. I found the US Labour market employment figures in 15 seconds.

Anyway. You accept that comment that Democrats can't match Trump for job creation was a pile of ba-baa?

SouthStandFan

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on July 31, 2019, 10:19:53 pm by SouthStandFan »
Also, by any check I can find, BestforDoncaster is averaging ZERO unique website visitors per day. This means traffic to the site is so low as to be imperceptible.

For Doncaster to swing to Remain in any future vote, they would need almost 29,000 people to change sides.
Their latest tweet talks about the government being extreme right wing. I think a dose of reality (and history, and humility, and realism, and pragmatism) is required.

Their news headline on the site is "Leave voters changing mind over brexit"... yet they could only manage to find around 63 people who want another referendum.....Saturday marketplace footfall (measured in 2015) was almost 4000 people..... so of the 4000 people who could possibly agree with them that another referendum is needed....... about 1.5% agree.......

This leads me to the conclusion that the group is a bunch of time wasting amateurs wasting their time....... erm..... sounds like the Opposition doesn't it!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on July 31, 2019, 10:40:21 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BST, in a borough that voted almost 70% leave.... what do the Best for Doncaster group hope to achieve?

SSF.

I've no idea. I've never heard of them. Why not ask them?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on July 31, 2019, 10:47:16 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
SS.

By the way. That claim that more jobs have been created for blacks and Latinos under Trump than under any other President.

Are you absolutely sure about that.

Only, it's just that only about 4million jobs have been created under Trump.

But there were about 14 million jobs created under Carter. About 18 million under Reagan. About 20 million under Clinton and about 13 million under Obama.

(By the way. It's silly to say that Trump or any other President "created" those jobs. They were created under their leadership, but there's a lot more factors go into the economy than what the President does or doesn't do.)

I'm not saying your claim is wrong, but...well, in the light of those figures, it strains credulity a tad. It'd only work if every single job under Trump had gone to a minority person, but only 20% of the jobs under Clinton had.

I'm interested. Where does that claim come from?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 11:06:31 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

SouthStandFan

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on July 31, 2019, 10:49:54 pm by SouthStandFan »
Billy my apologies it was foxbat who mentioned the group.... I mis-read!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on July 31, 2019, 11:33:29 pm by SydneyRover »
That's Ireland and NI sorted out then,

''Sinn Féin said if a no-deal Brexit happens, the government must call a referendum on Irish unity "immediately"

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-49172693

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on July 31, 2019, 11:53:17 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Billy my apologies it was foxbat who mentioned the group.... I mis-read!

No problem. Stones and glass houses and all that.

SouthStandFan

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on August 01, 2019, 01:29:32 pm by SouthStandFan »

''Sinn Féin said if a no-deal Brexit happens, the government must call a referendum on Irish unity "immediately"

I only know two northern irishmen but am assured everyone they k know thinks the same but their opinion when asked about the border issue was along the lines of "fck the Irish, build a wall".... and "I would cut those bssstards off if I had a big enough chainsaw" 

I think the media are overestimating the will of the northern Irish to unify the island.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on August 01, 2019, 01:33:36 pm by Filo »

I only know two northern irishmen but am assured everyone they k know thinks the same but their opinion when asked about the border issue was along the lines of "fck the Irish, build a wall".... and "I would cut those bssstards off if I had a big enough chainsaw" 

I think the media are overestimating the will of the northern Irish to unify the island.

I’ve visited Ireland loads of times both North and South of the border, you could n’t meet nicer people, there are extremists in all walks of life, but the majority are good people

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on August 01, 2019, 01:35:54 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I don't know anyone who currently has cancer. I think the media are overdoing the whole cancer thing.

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on August 01, 2019, 02:23:32 pm by foxbat »
'the EU needs us more than we need them , the EU are sh1tting themselves' again eh ?
I thought everyone had realised just how silly that was a few years ago.
On planet 'Actual Facts ' , the EU are p1ssing themselves and you can  add to that Canadians and Australians , I hear now , they would love a deal with the EU like we have.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on August 01, 2019, 05:25:42 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Why does everybody assume that if NI leaves the UK it'll automatically join the ROI? It can just as easily become completely independent. And then rejoin the EU if they want.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on August 01, 2019, 06:09:58 pm by RedJ »
Aye but it's a very small minority of people that actually want that. I didn't even know Ulster nationalism was a thing until recently to be honest. I feel like a hard border will tip the balance in Sinn Fein and co's favour.

SouthStandFan

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on August 01, 2019, 10:08:52 pm by SouthStandFan »
an independent NI, and Scotland for that matter, would be light years away from being in a credible position to meet the EU joining requirements.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012