Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:00:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson  (Read 126089 times)

Jonathan

• Forum Member
Re: Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson
« Reply #1320 on May 25, 2020, 10:24:17 pm by Jonathan »
Interesting how many times DC said he has to take decisions, and how he can’t always check them with Boris Johnson. You’d expect Johnson to delegate decision making authority, but not necessarily to his adviser. Certainly felt like an insight into who’s actually running the show.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #1321 on May 25, 2020, 10:26:38 pm by foxbat »
The day after the Prime Minister told the country that Dominic Cummings hadn’t broken the rules,

Dominic Cummings gives a full account detailing how he broke the rules.

It really is as simple as that.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #1322 on May 26, 2020, 06:36:42 am by Donnywolf »
Interesting how many times DC said he has to take decisions, and how he can’t always check them with Boris Johnson. You’d expect Johnson to delegate decision making authority, but not necessarily to his adviser. Certainly felt like an insight into who’s actually running the show.

What struck me along with what you said is this :

When he cleared off to Durham on that Friday night - he decided he just needed to get away - get his family safe - and he dropped everything and just left

Now I have had 7 jobs all my life and all of them had a Boss or a structure and at no time evr could I just decide on a whim to have a day off. One place I worked I had to book breaks as low as "4 hours"

So that begs the question - that Johnson is the Boss - Cummings is the subordinate so either he asked for permission of Johnson

Johnson would then have asked why he was going and then have the chance to point to the (then current) Stay Home Protect NHS save lives poster.

If Cummings did not have to tell Johnson though what a great job hes got - supposedly the Aide to the PM who can just leave at a whim and leave "the great one" in the lurch

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #1323 on May 26, 2020, 07:42:31 am by Donnywolf »
Gove (weasel) now trying to defend the indefensible. Spin bluster grey areas - throw them all in and what does that add ?

Nothing becasue its so entrenched and barely a person would have swapped sides after the "man of honesty and integrity" as Gove just called him made his speech yesterday

Barnard Castle excuse is just a complete laugh - I was going to say you coudnt make it up.

Last time I looked the Eyesight stipulation was read a number plate from 75 feet - and it was adopted as a test for our Mobile Plant drivers - so he could have looked at any vehicle and "passed himself fit" there and then

No he went to Barnard Castle when the "rules" were Stay Home - dont make non necessary journeys - because it was his wifes Birthday THAT very day. He was seen and might have presented a threat to the public there and "they knew" that they had to have an excuse. What a pathetic one they came up with having had 6 weeks to do it since the Mirror and other Papers started asking the questions

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1324 on May 26, 2020, 08:02:14 am by SydneyRover »
In reference to the 'job' situation Wolf he is as said a civil servant hired by johnson but who is he ultiimately responsible to? he can't be higher than the head of the civil service and has/should be bound by civil sevice protocols. Can the head of the civil service Mark Sedwill sack him for breach of terms of service or such like, he's certainly making fools of everyone and this won't be going down well at all in whitehall.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #1325 on May 26, 2020, 09:00:41 am by Donnywolf »
One thing for sure - although I have never met Liar Johnson so dont know him personally - I dislike him with a passion.

I will just say reprehensible seeming manipulative proven liar.

Him and his band of little yes people are presiding over a disaster unfolding excruciatingly slowly (and Labour or a Coalition could probably have done no better)

What they MAY have got right (and its purely hypothetical cos nobody knows) is if they had been in power for a few years they may have got PPE in ready for the pandemic that was widely predicted AND crucially they would probably not have spent ages lying again and again and again quite overtly to protect positions they engineered either by NOT getting PPE organised in advance or making ridiculous promises to do (100000 people being tested by the end of the Month of April to name but one)

Happily I have no Virus personally and none of my family have been affected (other than mentally as several work for NHS on the front line)

Sadly I am at the stage of life where the last Government I have presiding over me may be this Johnson led creation but hopefully I can outlive them and even better see them exposed for the people they really are

Usually people say rant over at this point but its probably not !
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 09:02:44 am by Donnywolf »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1326 on May 26, 2020, 09:06:59 am by SydneyRover »
But to do better Wolfy all they had to do was look over the fence at other countries and lockdown one week or two weeks earlier and thousands of live would have been saved that wouldn'y have been mission impossible?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1327 on May 26, 2020, 09:52:30 am by SydneyRover »
He broke the law driving north
He broke the law driving to hospital
He broke the law driving home from hospital
He broke the law driving to Barnard Castle
He broke the law driving home from Barnard Castle
He broke the law driving back down south

Michael Gove ermmmmmmmmmmmmm

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #1328 on May 26, 2020, 10:01:43 am by Filo »
He broke the law driving north
He broke the law driving to hospital
He broke the law driving home from hospital
He broke the law driving to Barnard Castle
He broke the law driving home from Barnard Castle
He broke the law driving back down south

Michael Gove ermmmmmmmmmmmmm

Did you see him with Kay Burley when she asked him about the Bishop of Leeds comments, all he could say was I wish the Bishop well 3 times, what an arrogant prick!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1329 on May 26, 2020, 10:25:52 am by SydneyRover »
Some were saying Momentum was dead but it's building, another couple of tory MPs have spoken out.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #1330 on May 26, 2020, 11:53:52 am by Donnywolf »
Its a PR disaster for them and one they are adding to with every passing second of time

They would not answer the original questions 5 to 6 weeks ago as that could have made it go away

Johnson tried with that Press conference / Covid thing to silence it and made a hash of it

Cummings came out yesterday to try to explain "his side of things" BUT although I dont believe him and entrenched on one side of public opinion I was not convinced for a second re any of his explanation (but then people will say - well you woudnt say that wouldnt you)

... and has that quelled the mess ? Not according to Polls that ITV have been quoting with 81% STILL saying he was wrong whatever the Rules / explanatory notes say

Well judged Liar Johnson - keep it - and preside over even more deaths while trying to save one ONE O-N-E Aide who looked not worthy of saving anyway - although he was "acting" the victim part throughout.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1331 on May 26, 2020, 03:53:29 pm by wilts rover »
Latest opinion poll ratings. Looks like the great British public don't like being taken for mugs and/or lied to:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-approval-rating-opinion-poll-dominic-cummings-lockdown-coronavirus-a9532471.html

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #1332 on May 26, 2020, 04:03:57 pm by IDM »
That link keeps crashing - can you summarise the details.?

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #1333 on May 26, 2020, 05:45:40 pm by MachoMadness »
Approval ratings for Boris and the government have plummeted. It's just one poll, but they're both in net negative numbers now.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #1334 on May 26, 2020, 05:53:25 pm by IDM »
Thank you.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1335 on May 26, 2020, 06:48:29 pm by wilts rover »
Johnson's ratings down 20 points from the weekend. 35 points since beginning of May.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1336 on May 26, 2020, 07:53:35 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Sadly, that was the most predictable aspect of this epidemic.

In that, it was inevitable that there'd be a patriotic surge of support for the PM at the start, and that that would evaporate as people started to realise what a cluster f**k he'd make of managing it.

I'll say again. I really wish this wasn't happening. I would much prefer Johnson to have stepped up to the plate and managed this well, and now had 70% approval. But we all knew that was hope over experience.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #1337 on May 27, 2020, 07:55:09 am by Donnywolf »
Especially with all the most useless set of "Cabinet Ministers" I have ever seen or watched in 50 years

I seethe when I watch one (say Gavin Williamson) hopelessly out of his depth waffling away and as Piers Morgan says totally incompetent to answer any question of any seriousness because (again he says) they dont know anyhting other than the latest mantra

Then just as I think it cant get worse BBC have just had Robert Jenrick on (yes I know I said I had ditched the biased BBC but GMB without Piers Morgan is not as good) and he delivers another lacklustre performance - only repeating again and again whatever he has been told

Later another one I have forgotten - ah yes maybe Andrew Bridgen will pop up and on and on. Notice they are keeping the worst ones subdued now especially as Piers Morgan shredded that one Victoria (somebody) and also the very young looking girl probably Junior Health Minister

Liar Johnson has rewarded them with "power" after they backed him over the EU and the GE and it is us the people who are bearing the cost. And now slavishly they are toeing his line again in that "Cummings did not act illegally" - and I personally hope Johnson reaps what he sows

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1338 on May 27, 2020, 08:05:38 am by SydneyRover »
I watched cummings answering the questions in the rose garden, this is the first time i've heard him speak, is he always erm umerr err arrr I err, was it an act or genuine cummings?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #1339 on May 27, 2020, 08:48:37 am by Filo »
The mask slipped when he had a great big smirk on his face as he walked away

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #1340 on May 27, 2020, 08:57:45 am by tommy toes »
Wolfie
I watched Jenrick this morning.
What a tool!
He went on about how Cummings hadn't broken any rules.
Then Louise asked him about refunding fines.
He said no because they broke the rules.
You couldn't make it up!
Pity Louise didn't pick up on this.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #1341 on May 27, 2020, 09:08:51 am by Donnywolf »
Lightwiegh interviewer and interviewee

Yesterday the smirking toad that morphs into Gove hd the brass neck to say - well of course Cummings was allowed to leave his Durham home to drive to Barnard Castle to excercise. NO he was not because that "clause" was not introduced until about May 15th (cant be a***d to look) and I know because I always take my Dog to Cleethorpes for the day and his Birthday was May 22 and I thought aha "just in time"

So Toad - sorry Gove - you got away with that because the questioner was not familiar with that and accepted it face value instead of noticing you were lying (again)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1342 on May 27, 2020, 09:13:54 am by SydneyRover »
The important bit is did your dog get to Cleethorpes?

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #1343 on May 27, 2020, 09:46:00 am by Ldr »
I left the party over the pms backing for Cummings yesterday, I doubt I'll be the only one

SydneyRover

• VSC Member

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #1345 on May 27, 2020, 08:48:10 pm by BigH »
I left the party over the pms backing for Cummings yesterday, I doubt I'll be the only one
Glad someone out there has a sense of honour. Respect Ldr.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1346 on May 27, 2020, 09:10:24 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Respect Ldr.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #1347 on May 27, 2020, 09:22:57 pm by Dutch Uncle »
I'm afraid I have had it with Johnson and his mottley deckhands

Its just one lie after another - and politicians down the years having been exposed would have been hung out to dry but there seems to be only ITV doing anything to try to expose them

I mean come one (anyone). Just tell me how Johnson can say this and believe it

Talking about Care Homes he said this - article ripped off to save me typing it out and pararphrasing

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-britain-carehomes/exclusive-review-contradicts-boris-johnson-on-claims-he-ordered-early-lockdown-at-uk-care-homes-idUKKBN22R1NA

How the hell can he believe that we would believe that s**t. It just flies in the face of everything we think we know - but he must know that we know and yet still comes out with it and would never have got away with that "ages" ago

Such is the state of politics these days he did say it thus racking up another PROVEN lie and carries on regardless

UNBELIEVABLE

Your last sentence, depressingly, says it all Wolf.

I desperately hoped that this Govt would step up to this challenge. But it has continued as before. Incompetence, lack of attention to detail, and when confronted over it, instinctively lying.

And it is so ingrained that people don't even bother shrugging their shoulders over it.

60,000 dead when it could and should have been much, much lower.

£1/2 trillion of lost economic output because our lockdown is having to go on longer and harder than it should have done, because we lost control of the outbreak.

And folk don't even raise an eyebrow when the Govt unequivocally lies about what it did.

It's like the population has been anaesthetised.

I do genuinely wonder what it would take to make some people stir.  I wonder what the response of people would have been if someone had said 6 months ago that Corbyn would win the Election, and within 3 months would f**k up so badly on managing a crisis that we'd end up with 1.5x as many deaths as were killed in the Blitz. That Corbyn had had two weeks off in a love nest with a woman half his age, sorting out his messy private life while the biggest peacetime disaster in a century overwhelmed us.

Just picture the headlines in the Mail and the Express. Just imagine their response when Corbyn then blatantly lied about what he had done to protect the country.

I am reminded of the old expression “When America sneezes we get a cold”

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1348 on May 27, 2020, 09:29:45 pm by wilts rover »

Again respect to you Ldr. It is probably worth reminding anyone decent left in it that the same PM kicked out of the party Winston Churchill's grandson and Margaret Thatchers' policy advisor.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #1349 on May 28, 2020, 06:54:54 am by Donnywolf »
DESPAIR is all I feel now (politically)

I was always proud of my Country, our morals etc but now I feel despair.

Even in the times when the Cons were in power (most of my life probably) at least there seemed to be honour among politicians.

Yet now there seems to be none. This lot now are proven liars , led by a proven lying Prime Minister who has a massive mandate produced by just 43% of the Electorate (thats not their fault of course) and they know they can do whatever they want whenever they want to whoever they want .... and they are doing so with impunity

I cant be ar**d to elaborate and 99pc of people on here will know what I mean whether they are Tories or Labour supporters or indeed support other political parties
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 07:12:53 am by Donnywolf »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012