Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:36:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 878299 times)

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #16320 on February 09, 2022, 11:49:07 am by bpoolrover »
Some good news is that even with no restrictions there were no excess deaths in January, maybe we are nearing the end of this now

but 1800 a week,
[/quote people die unfortunately every day and 1800 have not died because of covid I've said on another post my local trust said 9 died this week with covid but none of them because of covid, I'm sure it's not just around here that is happening

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #16321 on February 09, 2022, 12:16:17 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
It is waste of time trying to explain to Sydney that people will die every day OF or WITH Covid and that it is OK. Covid is just one of the many risks of being alive. People unable to accept this are living in a fairytale. Or Australia. Probably been brainwashed by that lunatic cult leader of theirs. Morrison is it? Loon.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #16322 on February 09, 2022, 07:29:12 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
The Captain Sir Tom Moore Charitable Foundation set up by his daughter Hannah Ingram-Moore and her husband is to have their accounts reviewed due to potential issues.

Issues relating to significant payments to a separate company owned by the daughter and husband team which came from the fund. They claimed £209,433 on 'support fees' including '£162,336 on 'management fees'.

All a bit fishy.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #16323 on February 09, 2022, 07:54:52 pm by rich1471 »
Look at how much more she took out as well, she owns the company that did all the promo stuff and charged 40k .

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #16324 on February 09, 2022, 08:10:31 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Might be genuine though, the commission will figure that out.  As management fees go that's not that big even for charities.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #16325 on February 11, 2022, 08:12:18 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Spain have decided to drop the requirement for kids to be fully vaxxed before being allowed entry.

Nowt to do with public health. More to do with a shortage of holidaymaking families.

Money talks.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #16326 on February 12, 2022, 10:42:48 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
I don't know hundreds of people but found out this morning that an ex work colleague at the animal rescue charity i worked at, senior staff has committed suicide. So i know 2 people who have taken their own lives in the past 2 years due to Covid, and i also nearly did.

Yet i don't know anyone who has died from Covid. Even elderly people i know.

So f**k you Government and SAGE and NHS. The way they have all mismanaged the pandemic has cost many more lives and will do into the future.

Chris Whitty needs imprisoning as do Professor Neil Ferguson and all the other communist, risk averse nutjobs.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16327 on February 12, 2022, 12:00:04 pm by bpoolrover »
I don't know hundreds of people but found out this morning that an ex work colleague at the animal rescue charity i worked at, senior staff has committed suicide. So i know 2 people who have taken their own lives in the past 2 years due to Covid, and i also nearly did.

So f**k you Government and SAGE and NHS. The way they have all mismanaged the pandemic has cost many more lives and will do into the future.

Chris Whitty needs imprisoning as do Professor Neil Ferguson and all the other communist, risk averse nutjobs.
sorry for your loss but as there is no restrictions at the minute why would it be down to covid? Sorry if I have missed the point

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #16328 on February 12, 2022, 12:24:19 pm by Colin C No.3 »

You my friend need serious help.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #16329 on February 12, 2022, 12:46:42 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

Yep. Got a referral on the NHS after having to badger my local CCG for funding since August last year. Got told last week that the waiting list is 2 and half years.

Best put the kettle on then.

Good old NHS. What a f**king service. Hats off.

I'm sure the NHS can recommend a mindfulness app to download whilst i navigate myself through this crisis.  :whistle:
« Last Edit: February 12, 2022, 12:58:00 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #16330 on February 12, 2022, 12:58:19 pm by Ldr »

Yep. Got a referral on the NHS after having to badger my local CCG for funding since August last year. Got told last week that the waiting list is 2 and half years.

Best put the kettle on then.

Good old NHS. What a f**king service. Hats off.

You do know the NHS isn’t a single organisation before you tar it all with the same brush don’t you?

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #16331 on February 12, 2022, 01:01:06 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Yes. The mental health services are f**king clueless.

Many other parts of the NHS are excellent and have excellent services and staff who are fully committed.

However, the scandalous paucity of mental health provision is killing people. Aided by messrs Whitty, Ferguson, Johnson et al. But hey. It's not Covid so i guess that excuses them.

Before Covid, mental health provision in the NHS was a waste of time and it still hasn't been addressed by successive Governments nor NHS bosses.

Ldr. You know before on many occasions i have said what an amazing job most doctors / nurses / frontline staff do. It is the management and senior personnel and structure of the NHS. They are greedy and inept and sometimes corrupt and lie.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2022, 01:05:24 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #16332 on February 12, 2022, 01:29:10 pm by Ldr »
Can’t argue that

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #16333 on February 12, 2022, 03:10:43 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

sorry for your loss but as there is no restrictions at the minute why would it be down to covid? Sorry if I have missed the point

Mental health problems are cumulative. You don't just wake up one day and because there are no more restrictions or uncertainty then the mental health problems go away. The mental health problems started with Covid 2 years ago and have progressed over the duration of the pandemic to the point where it becomes that unmanagable, even as things get back to normality, the problem has already arisen and needs addressing. That help is urgently needed or people kill themselves. It is as stark as that.

The endless restrictions, fearmongering, curtailment of childrens educations and lives (he left behind an 11 year old daughter), the constant obsession with covid by society, the chopping and changing and uncertainty etc etc. Just too much for some people sadly.

I do blame SAGE, NHS bosses, MSM & the Tories. If that means that i need help then so be it but they are the only ones to blame but as ever, no accountability.

He spent all his life (in his 50's now) working for animals, helping people with their animal issues, fundraising, paying into the system and for what? To be failed by the system. Another one bites the dust whilst NHS bosses obsess over a flu virus at the expense of everything else.

SAGE, the NHS and the Tories knew 2 years ago that this pandemic and these measures for as long as they've been going on would create a mental health tsunami but did f**k all about it. Two years sat on their hands seeing people all over the UK call it a day thanks to their ignorance and ineptness.

I don't need help. They do. With their consciences.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2022, 03:20:52 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #16334 on February 12, 2022, 03:35:40 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Sorry bpoolrover. Just seen that you shared sympathy with the loss of my ex colleague. Thanks for those words. Appreciated.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #16335 on February 12, 2022, 10:00:20 pm by rich1471 »
Authorities in New Zealand have been playing Barry Manilow's greatest hits in an attempt to dislodge protesters camped outside the parliament building.

Songs by the US singer are being played on a 15-minute loop, along with the Spanish dance tune, Macarena.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #16336 on February 12, 2022, 10:03:08 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Authorities in New Zealand have been playing Barry Manilow's greatest hits in an attempt to dislodge protesters camped outside the parliament building.

Songs by the US singer are being played on a 15-minute loop, along with the Spanish dance tune, Macarena.

They could have just played rap music or endless beeps and squeaks techno music. Or used one of those high pitched frequency emitters that are often used to disperse groups of chavs from outside your house.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #16337 on February 12, 2022, 11:25:19 pm by normal rules »
Get some Adele booming out. They would soon f**king shift.
Either that or there would be a mass suicide event

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #16338 on February 12, 2022, 11:26:40 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Get some Adele booming out. They would soon f**king shift.
Either that or there would be a mass suicide event

:lol: :lol:

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #16339 on February 13, 2022, 02:04:20 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
They are using James Blunt songs now! Can see that working too.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16340 on February 14, 2022, 10:16:30 am by ravenrover »
Get some Leonard Cohen on, music to commit suicide to

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #16341 on February 14, 2022, 12:31:08 pm by normal rules »
In fact, roll out the Coldplay.
Like the final solution, but much worse.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16342 on February 15, 2022, 10:58:54 am by SydneyRover »
''Matt Hancock broke law over Dido Harding appointment, high court rules''

It might soon be easier to show where this mob hasn't broken the law

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16343 on February 21, 2022, 12:56:03 pm by ravenrover »
Well if rumours of todays announcement are correct this thread can be locked.
It's all over according to Johnson

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #16344 on February 21, 2022, 03:16:37 pm by Bentley Bullet »

When did he say that?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #16345 on February 21, 2022, 04:05:58 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
It's interesting that they're to change the policy and remove it completely. It feels nervy because we have all become so used to it.  But, do we need to do it anymore? Possibly not.  It's a very different virus to what it was and the percentage who get seriously ill is much lower now than prior.  In reality does it matter if I get a cold, flu or covid?  Is everything fine if the covid test is negative or do we be sensible and minimise mixing when we have any form of illness where we can?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16346 on February 21, 2022, 06:17:10 pm by ravenrover »

When did he say that?
I'm not playing your game BB, leave that up to BST

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #16347 on February 21, 2022, 06:27:58 pm by Bentley Bullet »
OK, I'll wait for BST to tell me when Johnson said that, then.

Branton Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #16348 on February 21, 2022, 07:07:33 pm by Branton Red »
Boris' speech to the House today: -

- We can lift these restrictions because total deaths are low for this time of year. This is irrelevant. We need to be considering how many Covid deaths there are. Still 1,000 per week so double the annual rate for the worst years of flu.

- No longer legally required to self-isolate but advised to from 24th Feb, then from 1st April exercise personal responsibility on deciding whether to stay at home. Why? Is Omicron getting safer to meet these deadlines? Regardless of overall infection rates any one individual with Covid is still just as likely to infect the same amount of people with a dangerous, nasty illness.

- Self-isolation support payments for those on low incomes to end. So the rich can exercise personal responsibility on whether to go to work and potentially infect their (mainly richer) colleagues. The poor have no option but to go to work and potentially infect their (mainly poorer) colleagues - unless they have a generous employer.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #16349 on February 21, 2022, 07:29:13 pm by Nudga »

Pause this video on 19 seconds and tell me what you see, then come back and apologise to me if you were one of those who took the piss.

https://twitter.com/CaldronPool/status/1495738643180568577?t=Kl08hvtU7ixA3INfOEFY0Q&s=19

TinyPortal © 2005-2012